Votes: 19 6.0%

Votes: 4 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 10 - OMG! OMG! OMG!

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well, I'm really happy with all three of the players we've got so far.
Id like a midfielder too, whether it be a creative player or defensive option to replace Matic.
Even without that though I'd say we've done well, and we've significantly improved the squad.
It's just a shame we lost Herrera, he'd have likely been useful with the way we want to play football.

Suv666

Two brilliant signings. But the midfield and attack is horrendous. 4/10

NJM78

5/10

We needed 5 top class players to walk into first team, in a RB,CB,DM,CM,RW

We got 2 so that's 4/10.

Extra point for James potential.

Cathy Ferguson

We needed to address four positions and we have failed in two of them: CM and RW. So it can only be 5/10 and CM will hurt us the most.

Devil may care

3/10

Got a good defensive RB but he offers little in attack on a side where we don't have anything in attack, and really overpaid for a decent CB who is better than what we have but not close to world class. We needed two players in attack at least and two CM's, we've done nothing in either area of the pitch, we have shortcomings right through the team and have only addressed a 3rd of it.

As for the fact we still haven't sold any deadwood, that's another problem and while keeping Pogba might be a positive, with how moody he is and Ole trying to play him in a 2, it could backfire.

Raw

5/10 seems right. I'm ecstatic with the players we brought in but we seriously need more.

Midfield is a mess and our attack is inconsistent. We're relying far too much on hoping the youngsters can surprise us all when there's a very good chance that won't happen. Bringing in a defensive midfielder and right winger would instantly make it a 9/10. 10/10 if we also brought in an attacking midfielder such as Bruno.

There's also the removal of deadwood which still remains to be seen, but I'd be happy with Lukaku, Rojo, Darmian and Sanchez (highly unlikely) leaving.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Transfer window: 4/10.

However, the main problem (Woodward) still remains in charge.
The whole point of a transfer window is to strengthen our squad to take us closer to the top and while Woodward is here, that won't be happening.
Maguire and Bissaka are not going to take us closer to the top, especially if Pogba leaves.

I know that some fans on here are content with 6th place, but that's not me.

R'hllor

0/10 Not a single one of those rotten leeching motherfeckers left the club.

Cypriot

Seriously, if you're being honest it's been very good as of today. We have addressed the back four issue, finally after too many years of being awful. However, the midfield is lacking big time and if we can't make at least one - if not two additions then we are in big trouble.

manunited1919

In lala land and if Maguire ends up being the cure for our defense, 7/10. But I suspect he is only marginally better than what we have, too slow, and will get found out quickly with our weak midfield.

So in reality 3/10. AWB what we’ve needed for a few years now is a grat signing. But leaving our huge midfield hole unplugged is criminal.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
not good enough.. not nearly good enough. We are even lighter in central midfield that before the window opened

::sonny::

How would you rate our current transfer window, say if we do not add to the 3 signings currently made (Maguire all but done).

James
AWB
Maguire.

We've upgraded on our defence massively, which was desperately needed after last season.

We haven't improved our MF or adequately replaced Herrera/upgraded on Matic.

The attack is the same, James is too young to have much of an impact on our attack.

5/6 out of 10 fair?
In the Utd average, 3 signings year

6.5/10

AWB and Maguire are English and improved a lot our biggest weak points

Not enough for the 4th place, our new standard, midfield is too short and weak.
Upfront there are people who can’t score more than 10-15 goals year in all competition

Lukaku is out of the project (rightly, he can’t stop or pass a ball)

Wolff

The market this summer is really mad, and slow. Looking at what clubs want for good players (not superstars) you have to wonder if it’s sustainable. Man Utd have spunked a lot of money, and I believe maybe now have the best defense in premier league. If another midfield player comes in it would be a great bonus. But one can’t really be disappointed with the direction the club has chosen and the signings. The club will fight for 4’th place, and anything more than that will be a bonus. There are a lot of twists and turns. Will Sanchez come good. Will the kids step up. Fred. Etc. And the club should be proud turning away from the Dybala deal. Show something have changed!

Hanky panky

6/10. 2.5 points per signing. But still RW and midfielder needed. After those i could give 10/10 or near that. And why 6, because one extra point from James. But LW is not priority and he is totally unproven.

K13

Maguire is an excellent signing - all that I hoped Jonny Evans would be.
James is a really exciting prospect and looking forward to seeing him develop further.
Wan-Bissaka - what a marvelous athlete, just right for us.
So 10/10 for these 3 - perfect for us.

If Lukaku goes would obviously like a replacement and if we don't get one that would be a little disappointing and leave us a little stretched.

Personally would have liked someone like Eriksen, Neves or Bruno to just give us a little more craft to release our exciting attacking talents Rashford & Martial. It is a difficult market and we can not always get what we want unlike in the past.

Hughes35

5/10. Very happy with all 3 signings + Pogba staying.

We needed much more though. I'd still like Darmian + a CB to leave with a midfielder to come in. If that happened it would be a 7/10 window..... Can't see it though.

SER19

5/10

2 crucial areas massively improved and James an exciting deal. Average overall due to lack of sales and glaring lack of midfielders desperately needed.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
3/10 only cause defence is sorted
But that will have a knock on effect throughout the team and hopefully see us ship less goals and with Maguire and Lindelof able to pass well coupled with the speed of AWB and Shaw we should be faster transitioning from defence to attack. Our back line is now looking pretty good indeed.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Get in we spent more than our rivals, look forward to that trophy :drool:
I know right. We didn't spent £400m and sign 14 players all in £25 a week. 1/10 Horrible window, let's boycott!! :mad::mad:

Nialinho

6/10

We have made two quality signings which improve our defensive massively and signed one good young prospect in Dan James.

But we haven't shifted any of our deadwood yet, the midfield still looks a bit of a disaster and still no quality RW signing..

All in all not too bad though considering we need a lot of players and it can't all be done at once. It's proving more and more difficult to sign quality players with the wealth of the Premier League and the fact we're not the strongest negotiators. I think we'll bring in one more before the end of the window if Lukaku leaves.

ottosec

6/10

Bring in a midfielder that can slot straight into our first 11 and it will be at least a 8/10.

mad1max954

Lost one first team regular and gained two, plus a lad from the championship.

3/10 so far. If we can get even one midfielders, who is ready to start, before the window closes then 7/10 to be fair.

RatPack

5-6/10

Believe all 3 are very good signings (might have over paid a bit :)).

But the lack of a top quality DM will hurt us this season. In my opinion the most important player on the team next to the goalie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dash247

6/10 - if Dybala and Bruno get signed, this could really be a solid 9/10. And getting rid of some of the dead wood can make this a 10/10.

Please make it happen.

zenith

We had 4 priorities when the window opened and we've taken care of two quite well with James being an unknown commodity.

I'd rate this window a 6/10. If we get a midfielder then it'll be an 8 and had we gotten a RW too, it rolls have been 10

Scriblerus

Priorities were…..
Sort out the Pogba position…there's no indication that he's now happy to stay
Move Lukaku out….not done (yet?)
Shift other unwanted players….not done
Right back….looks like a good decision
Centre back…I'm not sure he's worth the fee, but should be an improvement
Midfield…..not good enough last season, and less good now
Creativity - a top quality midfielder or forward who can improve our ability to unlock defences…..nothing
Pace upfront….James may turn out to be good enough, but it's a gamble
Squad players coming through to cover for lack of incoming transfers….talent may be there, but we can't play 17 year olds often

So I'm scoring us about 3/10

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I think the expectation was too high.

Maguire and AWB add much needed steel to our backline.

The additional need of a CM, RW and striker along with half a defence was just too much to tackle in one go.

I'll go with 7/10 but will downgrade if Lukaku leaves without replacement.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'd rather rate the window after we had the 5 players that we were supposed to be signing. It just feels incomplete right now and it's impossible to put a score on things. We've not improved midfield or attack, both of which let us down badly last season. We have lost 2 midfielder and potentially 1 striker though, so we could end up worse off.

caid

4/10
The defence should have been addressed last summer really. Dalot looks a good prospect but we needed someone ready to start every week. Maguire should have been bought a year ago. Not addressing our midfield or attack and failing to sell any of the deadwood (pohba and lukaku aren't deadwood) is just a long way short of good enough
4/10 is probably generous

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Too early, but so far 5/10 with Harry arriving. Defense is a unit, exploding with talent and now with leadership. Tuanzebe makes it even sweeter with his potential.

This could be best window in years, but of course too much drama and not enough cold execution with just days to Chelsea.

Things can be easily save and make it 9/10, but it would require some proper decisions for football's sake. Real Madrid's upcoming deal for Van de Beek shows there are still good players on the market.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
3/10.
1)Defender, full back, right winger and central midfielder were a must buys no matter what.
2) On top of that, club with vision, ambition and good DoF or CEO would upgrade dmc, striker and no10 positions in a way sell one-buy one. Lukaku, Matic, Mata and Lingard should have been sold and 3 players should have been bought on that positions.

We bought only 2 from that list. Plus shambolic stuff with Dybala.

Canagel

2/10

No creative midfield to help PP, no right wing, no CDM and no deadwoods leaving.