Rate Pogba's United career

Rate Paul Pogba's United career!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Would be nice to have a poll (@Solius ), ranking 1-10.

Factoring in his profile, his transfer fee, his exorbitant wages, I'd say his output though admittedly outstanding on his day left mostly a lot to be desired. The few highlights, bar a baller move here and there in games, were the away game at Arsenal and the comeback against City. Can't think of too many others.

6/10, and pretty generous at that. (I thought he'd be a 9/10).

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
2/10

Rated in its full context of, left on a free, we then paid a world record fee for him for him to leave on a free again.

All interspersed with massive injury layoffs, and a smattering of good performances and some diabolical ones.

Can't give him much more than that and I say this as someone who doesn't even care about the circus and headlines around him too much.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
4/10.

He is probably going down as our worst signing ever given the price tag.

Tap

4/10. Underachieved, underperformed, overpaid.

laughtersassassin

6.5. Think he has been better than most we have in that time

Id rate United as a 2 or 3 in that time. No one we signs improves after all

GazTheLegend

3/10 max, hopefully we sold a lot of shirts with his name on it because besides that, I can't think of much else the club got out of this. I suppose he had some good days and particularly when playing with Rashford for a while looked really good, but he is unbelievably slow. Considering how clever he is, he didn't half make some bad decisions throughout his time at United, and his fat pig of an agent mouthing off about selling him to City a week before we played them and generally being a prick throughout (alongside his brother) did nothing to endear him. What a waste.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'd be generous and say 6/10. He's always been divisive and for years I was in his camp. I still firmly believe the issues run deeper than Paul Pogba and in many ways, I feel a sense of sadness that we never managed to match him up with a better team but I also accept that individually he hasn't done enough to push this team forward. Despite it all, there have been long spells where I've just enjoyed watching him play, plain and simple. On his day he's one of the most destructive players I've ever seen and he has unbelievable talent levels. That brings us to the present and I have to say his constant pandering out to the media has worn thin and his lack of effort has really shone through proving many of his biggest detractors somewhat right. Correct move for both parties to move on and as long as he doesn't move to a direct rival i will always wish him the best. Would love to see him move to either PSG or Madrid, Juve is just a backwards step and will be a massive waste.

OverratedOpinion

In general played at a higher level than everyone else at the club for 2 years, was one of the best players in the world during Ole's first half season. Then barely played for 3 years and when he did he usually performed incredibly for 2 games then rubbish for the next 8.

5/10 performance wise
4/10 or 3/10 performance wise in comparison to his talent

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He was a world record signing and massively, massively underdelivered while adding needless drama along the way.

3/10.

He's getting 1 extra point for the performance away to City to stop them winning the league against us.

GazTheLegend

6.5. Think he has been better than most we have in that time

Id rate United as a 2 or 3 in that time. No one we signs improves after all
Herrera was better by a mile overall. Then there's Bruno doing what Pogba was supposed to. Besides that yes we've been shocking in midfield generally, but Pogba was the one that was supposed to fix that and he didn't because he was just plain bad. Disappeared in every big game excepting maybe one time vs Man City and in the Europa League final vs Ajax, but even then once teams figured out you could just close him down as he takes about 63 touches before he lets go of the ball, even the lower league sides started to make him look amateurish.

glasgow 21

the player is great he is big, strong ,good feet but those attributes are wasted on Pogba who's attitude will stop him achieving what he wants. He will wake up one morning when its all gone from him and regret the waste of space he has been. A rich waste of space but a waste of space non the less.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
4/10 seems fair.

Too expensive and far too little impact to rate higher but there were enough factors beyond his control contributing to that as well that I wouldn't go lower than four.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
6/10 purely performance-wise

3/10 as a transfer when we count in the transfer fee & wages
4/10 if we're comparing his performances to his talent & fans expectations

For a huge chunk of his career his performances were seriously underrated and I can't believe how often I've seen "this is his best performance in the United shirt" comments after a great game by him completely disregarding quite a few better performances that he's had in that season alone. Closer to the end of it, especially in the last 2 seasons he simply became a non-entity wish rare flashes of unquestionable brilliance.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I’ve said it before, but he’s probably our 2nd worst post SAF signing (Sanchez takes top spot for me).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Went with a 6.

It's very easy to be bitter and try and dismiss him as being useless or such silly talk, he had plenty of moments.
Just never enough consistently.

Perception is that he was at his best with Ibra to keep him in check, and spent less and less time on the pitch as the years went on.

Red For Ever

Mostly disappointing on the pitch, and at times off the pitch as well a few great moments, but nowhere near enough

Seems to be more focused on United more recently, but not much change on the pitch ( when he isn't injured )
Not bothered to see him leave
4 to 5 out of 10 overall

Never wanted him back, but got behind him once he arrived, but never did enough.

largelyworried

Performance wise, he was sometimes excellent, but only about half as often he should have been. When he was poor he was a liability. The fact that Im totally relaxed about him going really says it all.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
For his actual performances when available id go 5 or 6.
His attitude, disrespect and annual Dubai mid season breaks don't though and as an influential guy, the negative impact this has had on other players and the overall team means he gets a one at best though. Doesnt matter how talented you are if you have the wrong mentality the team will suffer.

Speako

3/10 rose to 5/10 due to a couple of trophies, a decent game in the derby, and United underachieving as a supporting cast. Then dropped one point due to the ludicrous financial outlay and expectation. So 4/10.

mu4c_20le

Both 1 and 10 are silly.

Ignore his price tag for an objective answer.

Lost bear

Would be nice to have a poll (@Solius ), ranking 1-10.

Factoring in his profile, his transfer fee, his exorbitant wages, I'd say his output though admittedly outstanding on his day left mostly a lot to be desired. The few highlights, bar a baller move here and there in games, were the away game at Arsenal and the comeback against City. Can't think of too many others.

6/10, and pretty generous at that. (I thought he'd be a 9/10).
I’ve gone with a 5 but it may err on the side of generous, for all the reasons listed here. Such a talent, such a shame…

El Jefe

6/10. In individual seasons he's been as low as 4/10 and as high as 8/10. I think 6 is reasonable which classes as decent which I think is what he's been in his time here.

He's leaving with his reputation at an all time low here so I expect a few harsh scores for him but he's not been as bad as made out.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
1/10
Absolute dogshit!

Arrogant, unmotivated, lazy come to mind