Rate Utd players' Euro 2020 campaigns

He'sRaldo

For all the European players who played a decent amount of minutes. No rating if I can't honestly remember how their campaign went, or if they didn't feature much at all.

Ddg: N/A
Henderson: N/A
AWB: N/A
Maguire: 8/10
Lindelof: 7/10
Shaw: 10/10
McTominay: 4/10
Pogba: 9/10
Donny: N/A
Bruno: 5/10
Rashford: 4/10
Sancho: N/A
Dan James: 7/10
Greenwood: N/A
Martial: N/A

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
For all the European players who played a decent amount of minutes. No rating if I can't honestly remember how their campaign went, or if they didn't feature much at all.

Rashford 4/10 when he didn't start a single game and had the 4th least number of minutes of everyone in the squad but Sancho N/A who actually did start a game?

SeanyC

Shaw = 10 absolutely brilliant, Maguire a 7, Pogba 8 the rest a soft 6

He'sRaldo

Rashford 4/10 when he didn't start a single game and had the 4th least number of minutes of everyone in the squad but Sancho N/A who actually did start a game?
Sancho only featured in one game right? He was very good, but it's not enough.

At least Rashford appeared in multiple games.

SirAnderson

First thought I had too.

Laughable.

Both Rashford and Sancho don't deserve a rating, they were not used enough, period.
The other 2 carried themselves very well and were the standout performers, particularly Shaw.

charlenefan

Sancho only featured in one game right? He was very good, but it's not enough.

At least Rashford appeared in multiple games.
Sancho had more minutes across the tournament (he featured in 3 games in total) than Rashford, makes zero sense he gets a N/A but Rashford who got less minutes gets a 4/10

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sancho played really well in his 1 game. Rashford didn't play because Southgate is a cowardly idiot. Bruno didn't play in the knockout stage but had 1 bad group stage game so feck him too I guess right?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Shaw and Maguire should both feel immensely proud of their Euro 2020 campaign. The same with Paul Pogba.

Shaw 9/10
Maguire 8/10
Pogba 9/10

Giorgio Chiellini is the player of the tournament for me. What an enormous presence he is for Italy.

Paul_Scholes18

Maguire and Shaw been brilliant. I say Donarumma player of the tournament and then Maguire and Shaw after him.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin

Henderson: N/A
Dan James: 7/10
Accurate

He'sRaldo

Sancho had more minutes across the tournament (he featured in 3 games in total) than Rashford, makes zero sense he gets a N/A but Rashford who got less minutes gets a 4/10
Which other game did he feature in besides the one he started?

N/A would still be accurate tbf because I can't remember him even featuring besides that one time.

el3mel

Pogba, Shaw, Maguire and Lindelof all had a good tournament.

The rest either didn't even play or had a forgettable campaign.

Kopral Jono

Shaw 10/10, Maguire 9/10, Pogba 9/10, Lindelof 7/10. McTominay shite, James surprisingly good. Bruno knackered after a very long season.

Dong Fangzhuo

Shaw should be in contention for player of the tourney. Maguire and Pogba were very good too. Rest not much to write home about.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Strangely, all our defenders had fantastic tournaments. Maguire, Shaw and Lindelof were all around 9/10 and a big reason why their respective teams did so well.

Pogba was class but France didn't go fair enough for him to have an amazingly important impact. Hardly his fault though.

Bruno + McT were off the races completely.

Dan James played like Dan James, for better or worse.

Rashford barely played.

LDUred

It's so tough on Marcus Rashford. I don't think his head was in the right place and he looked bereft of confidence. He had had a weird season and he had looked out of sorts for a while.

You can absolutely make an argument for him taking a clutch penalty, but he missed and it was no surprise to any of us who support United.

I hope the club give him all the support he needs.

He'sRaldo

Might as well put this here also. Utd transfer targets Euro 2020 campaigns:

Grealish: 7/10. Good impact sub but didn't feature as much as he should have. Would have been 8 if he had smashed in a penalty.
Rice: 6/10. Solid, but just too negative on the ball. Needed to show more bravery in possession.
Kane: 5/10. Not up to much except a few moments here and there. Dropped far too deep at times.
Varane: 6/10. Not as solid as I'd have hoped, conceded too many goals even with Kante in front of him.
Trippier: 5/10. Didn't feature enough to get a rating, but the assist in the final means he should have one.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
We seem to behave as if Dan James is not one of ours. He was very good for Wales in this tournament.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Sancho played really well in his 1 game. Rashford didn't play because Southgate is a cowardly idiot. Bruno didn't play in the knockout stage but had 1 bad group stage game so feck him too I guess right?
You think Bruno had a good tournament ?

HackeyC

Maguire: 9/10
McTominay: 5/10
Pogba: 8/10
Rashford: N/A
Dan James: 8/10

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Which other game did he feature in besides the one he started?

N/A would still be accurate tbf because I can't remember him even featuring besides that one time.
That says more about you if you think Sancho gets a N/A while Rashford gets a 4/10 while playing lesser minutes.

lysglimt

Scout
Might as well put this here also. Utd transfer targets Euro 2020 campaigns:

Grealish: 7/10. Good impact sub but didn't feature as much as he should have. Would have been 8 if he had smashed in a penalty.
Rice: 6/10. Solid, but just too negative on the ball. Needed to show more bravery in possession.
Kane: 5/10. Not up to much except a few moments here and there. Dropped far too deep at times.
Varane: 6/10. Not as solid as I'd have hoped, conceded too many goals even with Kante in front of him.
Trippier: 5/10. Didn't feature enough to get a rating, but the assist in the final means he should have one.
I think you are being too harsh on Rice, Kane and Trippier. They were playing regularly for a team that reached the final and you give them an average of 5,66

Kane was underperforming but he still scored 4 goals - Rice was good, not average. 7 for Rice maybe 6 for Kane and Tripper would be more correct.

PeterWunited

How do you think another unsuccessful cup will affect United players in the coming season.
I know only one side can win, but it's a few of our player's losing again.
Confidence is a great part of a players performance.
I expect a slow start to the season.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Shaw 9, he was close to flawless.
Maguire 8 because he was very very solid and good with the ball.
Pogba 7, his attacking game deserves higher score but as he played as central midfielder he should be judged as one. I thought France gave way too much space and time to opponents, especially against Switzerland. This was part of his job as well.

Bruno 5, poor performances.

The rest N/A (they either didn't play enough or I've not seen their games).

charlenefan

De Gea N/A

Maguire 9/10
Shaw 9/10
Rashford N/A
Sancho 7/10

Lindelof 7/10

Pogba 8/10

Bruno - 6/10

McTominay 6/10

James - didn't watch the Wales games so cant comment on this one

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Luke Shaw ......... take a bow son
Exactly. Despite the disappointment, I feel so proud of Luke Shaw. He is technically very good. Maguire had a great tournament as well.
I did not see that much of Pogba, but so many have rated him so I accept that.

0le

Shaw and Maguire had excellent tournaments (9/10). Sancho and Rashford barely featured. Bruno was poor (5/10). Pogba was good (8/10). No idea about Lindelof or McT to be honest.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Shaw and Maguire were phenomenal. And Pogba put in an all-time great midfield performance against the Swiss. Of course, football is largely a out narrative so he could have done with France winning, or the game being a round or two later - but it was as good as I’ve seen in a single international tournament match.

Shaw is just incredible. Best left-back in the world.

Idxomer

Shaw, Maguire, and Pogba were all brilliant.

James and Lindelof were as good as anyone could hope.

Bruno was disappointing. McTominay wasn't good and Rashford was never given a chance.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Rashford was very under-utilised. I feel he could have made a difference in the actual football match against Italy rather than just being brought on to take a pen.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maguire: 9/10 - came in half injured and rocked up every fecking game. Scored an insane penalty at the end too.
Lindelof: 7/10 - part of a very strong Swedish backline that saw their side do quite well. Especially without Ibrahimovic.
Shaw: 10/10 - Near flawless, really.
McTominay: 5/10 - played out of position but he wasn't great in any game I saw, unfortunately.
Pogba: 8.5/10 - France's best player. Only one who really turned up, outside of maybe Benzema.
Bruno: 4/10 - Arguably the worst 'big name' performer of the tournament. His gametime was limited in Portugal's last two, but the two he did start were so far behind his usual level.
Rashford: N/A - Barely got a sniff.
Sancho: N/A - As above, but he looked good against Ukraine.
Dan James: 6.5/10 - one of Wales' alright performers, I think? Mind's gone hazy on their games.

bosnian_red

You think Bruno had a good tournament ?
I think Bruno had a good game against hungary. Then they collectively had a bad game against Germany. Then he barely played the next 2 games but even so, his sub appearance vs France was very bad but against Belgium was very good. Group stage games mean feck all. So I'm not going to shit on him. Wijnaldum had a great group stage but was horrendous against Czech Republic. Which matters so much more than essentially qualifiers.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I think Bruno had a good game against hungary. Then they collectively had a bad game against Germany. Then he barely played the next 2 games but even so, his sub appearance vs France was very bad but against Belgium was very good. Group stage games mean feck all. So I'm not going to shit on him. Wijnaldum had a great group stage but was horrendous against Czech Republic. Which matters so much more than essentially qualifiers.
He was poor throughout really. He didn’t have a good tournament but seems to suffer from the structure of the team. But don’t need to make excuses for him, I’m sure he’d like to have played much better.

bosnian_red

He was poor throughout really. He didn’t have a good tournament but seems to suffer from the structure of the team. But don’t need to make excuses for him, I’m sure he’d like to have played much better.
Oh for sure I'm not making excuses. I'm just not calling it a huge flop or whatever when in reality it was 1 bad game and then the bench for a more defensive structure. His sub appearance when it mattered vs Belgium was good anyway. Group stage games for me mean very little. There isn't much pressure.