Raul Jimenez to Man Utd?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Newspaper A Bola was the first to break the news this morning, claiming that a €30m move was ‘practically concluded’.

Now it’s time for RTP, the public service broadcasting organisation of Portugal, to label the transfer ‘imminent’.

The report is very similar to A Bola’s. Both because they say it’s Jorge Mendes who is handling the deal, and for claiming that Nuno Espírito Santo sees Paulinho as the perfect replacement for Raúl Jiménez.

Just like A Bola, RTP also says the Mexican star is ‘on his way to Manchester United
’.

Apparently very reliable RTP are reporting Jimenez to ManUtd is imminent.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What's the point when we have Martial, Ighalo and Greenwood, with even Rashford capable of playing uptop?

The Purley King

2, 2, 6 formation next year then?
Seems like a strange signing as can't imagine he'll be cheap and we are pretty well stocked there.

slyadams

One assumes this is a long term 'replacement' for Ighalo? i.e. squad depth?

Jibbs

Will prove to be absolutely fantastic signing if true.

romufc

The post says its an assumption.

Weird to go for him when we need reinforcements in other areas.

I do see the logic because he is higher level than Ighalo and gives us a different dimension.

Nickelodeon

Can't be true. He signed for Wolves for 29 million pounds last season and had a fantastic season. Why would they sell him cheaply?

Edit: The 30 million Euro is mentioned for Paulinho, the Portugese striker moving to Wolves apparently

Suvvernmanc

Ighalo is with us until when? I thought it was January? If so, getting a striker in this summer isn't such a stupid idea. It would set us for the next 3 or 4 years in the #9 and LW positions.

Not sure where the money would come from for this summer but it actually makes alot of sense.

If Ighalo moves on in January 2021 then we will be looking again during the middle of the season!

How reliable is this info? Any actually credibility to it?

vodrake

Great player, but I presume he'd be coming in as an extra option/backup, and at the amount he would cost it would be extortionate for that role.

Smores

Might be agents trying to bump his profile. It would be a shrewd bit of business for that price and gives us a very good alternative up front.

DoomSlayer

I'd bite for 30m euro, that would be a great price. Anything more and we should move to more pressing needs and positions.

adam118

Would Wolves really agree this now with a potential Semi-Final clash with United in the Europa league?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t think so. We have bigger priorities now Ighalo is here until January.

vodrake

I'd bite for 30m euro, that would be a great price. Anything more and we should move to more pressing needs and positions.
30m is how much Wolves are supposedly paying for Paulinho, they'd be asking for at least double that for Jiminez, probably triple

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Wasn't he flirting with us on Mexican TV prior to football restarting, being quoted as saying that moving to us was his motivation or something? Or was that nonsense?

He'd be good to have in the squad

Rolaholic

He'd be the best backup striker in the league by a mile if true, kinda hoping it is

Chairman Steve

Would Wolves really agree this now with a potential Semi-Final clash with United in the Europa league?
Chelsea took Werner from Leipzig and both teams are still in the Champions League (Chelsea looking like going out but you never know), so it doesn’t matter that much.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Wasn't he flirting with us on Mexican TV prior to football restarting, being quoted as saying that moving to us was his motivation or something? Or was that nonsense?

He'd be good to have in the squad
You never know, player of his quality and age could demand playing in Champions League. His ambitions would not be somehing out of ordinary as he can still score loads.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If we're going for a CF it should be someone genuinely worth starting. Don't think Jiminez is that. I'd focus on other areas. Martial is better than him IMO and any CF signing should either be reasonable (Ighalo replacement) or top class (upgrade on even Martial).

Eventually I think Greenwood will take the CF position anyway. But probably not for a few years.