Raul Jimenez to Man Utd?

Irrational.

A Bola, O Jogo, E Bola and Chilevision should all be put into a sack and thrown out of the window.

Having said that, I'd love him here. He's potentially a 30 goal a season striker.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Coming off a season where we had a front 3 with an average age of 21 being one of the highest scoring in Europe and we're looking to sign Sancho yet this tired narrative still persists :houllier:

Tell me how many goals Liverpool's number 9 scored this season as they ran away with the league...
Are you asking me?

Infestissumam

weird rumour. I can't see it all ... he'd be expensive, plus I really don't see us sign a striker this summer.

Rolaholic

Are you asking me?
No not you, it was rhetorical :lol:

Would love to ask it everyone still peddling the same line for the last 3-4 years about needing a Kane/25-30 goal striker regardless of developments on the pitch and present reality around the league

diarm

He'd be lost here. The best heading forward in the league, floating about the place waiting for service from the worst crossing team in the league.

We're all about fancy interlinking play with our inside forwards attacking the box. The poor fella would be relying on Shaw and Wan-Bissaka trying to beat the first man and would never see a sniff of ball.

liamp

Just not the kind of profile of player we seem to be chasing at the moment.
Yeah - I didn't think we were in the business of spending big money on 29 year olds. Doubt we get him for cheap considering Wolves signed him for ~33mm GBP a season ago and he just knocked in 17 league goals.

ReddevilTinu

It can happen. If Arsenal wins FA cup then Wolves are out of Europa League which would affect them financially. Selling Jiminez could offset the revenue stream of Europe. It need not be United though

gza the genius

That's literally 9 players for 3 positions :lol:

Squad depth though :drool:
Ighalo will be gone in January and Lingard will hopefully be gone this summer.

We could tamper with the formation as well when needed, ie, two up top or have one of them drop a little deeper if Bruno or Pogba are out.

I do think it would be excessive though, especially for the price Wolves will want.

RKEANE16

Would love Jimenez but none of this makes sense. There's no way he'd move anywhere and be happy to sit on the bench (unless he's been promised first team football) which leads to another ridiculous issue of a very inform martial being dropped.

Then there's the fact that we need to address the defence and midfield before we even look at another number 9 in my opinion

croadyman

He'd be lost here. The best heading forward in the league, floating about the place waiting for service from the worst crossing team in the league.

We're all about fancy interlinking play with our inside forwards attacking the box. The poor fella would be relying on Shaw and Wan-Bissaka trying to beat the first man and would never see a sniff of ball.
Yeah I was thinking the exact thing too

romufc

If we were to get Jiménez it would be for a starting striker and that's why I think it makes no sense. He would be expensive both on transfer fee and wages. Plus, he's in a stage in his career when he is supposed to be at his best and moving to sit on the bench to be an impact sub and cup player makes absolutely no sense.
I don't think it would be to start game in game out. We have alot of games coming up as well. Jiminez gives us a completely different option. He has the highest number of lay offs in the PL which means our players can play the ball to him and bounce off him in certain games.

When Martial or Rashford needs rest I would imagine.

I agree with you, it would probably be a signing that is cherry on top, we need to build the base first. We cannot afford to go for him this summer.

Coxy

Ighalo will be gone in January and Lingard will hopefully be gone this summer.

We could tamper with the formation as well when needed, ie, two up top or have one of them drop a little deeper if Bruno or Pogba are out.

I do think it would be excessive though, especially for the price Wolves will want.
This - with Ighalo gone we need another striker. The cost is excessive for a squad player (although he will be pushing Martial to start) but that’s what you pay for quality. As long as we’re still in for Sancho then I’m happy - squad depth is critical for us

SATA

He’s quality. Ran us ragged when we played them at OT and we all agreed at that time that’s what a proper striker should do

gajender

If Martial remain fit then I could easily see him scoring above 20 goals in the league without penalties, so spending big money on Striker would be wasteful while ignoring other glaring holes in the squad so for that reason Jimenez is a no go for me.

Alemar

What is the problem of having competition up top? We have around 60 matches to play next season in all competitions, and it won’t be a bad thing to have solid option in attack (if the price is right and if, preferably, we involve some players in the deal).

Bwuk

Would be up for this if we shifted some of our front 3 options. Being able to pick from Sancho, Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Jimenez and James would be great. We’d be as well as ending Ighalos loan thoughz

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s very good, but he’s 29, wouldn’t even be a undisputed starter & is reportedly valued at £75m. We should be spending that sort of money on more pressing issues in the team than CF, and at 29 would be a very expensive short term signing.

theklr

Think someone mentioned Wolves were interested in Dalot , and that it would be a Dalot + 30 mill. swap deal.

I doubt it nevertheless.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Wow, is Manchester United management team reading my post?

Jimenez will be a fantastic backup or even starter for cup and few premier league games. Make this happen.

Now all we need is Grelish, Kubo and Ghendouzi, Camaviga or Tonali to add a more dynamic cdm to protect Bruno and Pogba. However, I feel Ole might go for Sancho, and Rice.
Just send them your FM save.

Nick7

Wow, is Manchester United management team reading my post?

Jimenez will be a fantastic backup or even starter for cup and few premier league games. Make this happen.

Now all we need is Grelish, Kubo and Ghendouzi, Camaviga or Tonali to add a more dynamic cdm to protect Bruno and Pogba. However, I feel Ole might go for Sancho, and Rice.
Not even going to touch the rest of your post, but Kubo is absolutely not ready :lol: :lol:

georgipep

I don't think it would be to start game in game out. We have alot of games coming up as well. Jiminez gives us a completely different option. He has the highest number of lay offs in the PL which means our players can play the ball to him and bounce off him in certain games.

When Martial or Rashford needs rest I would imagine.

I agree with you, it would probably be a signing that is cherry on top, we need to build the base first. We cannot afford to go for him this summer.
A rotation striker is not the same thing as a starter striker. Both for the player's mentality, reputation, expectations, as well as the club's financial health, squad harmony and outlook. I think there are several strong assumptions we need to make for this rumoured transfer to begin making sense.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Going totally off-topic here but I definitely hope we sign Rice. For numerous reasons.

A Bola, O Jogo, E Bola and Chilevision should all be put into a sack and thrown out of the window.

Having said that, I'd love him here. He's potentially a 30 goal a season striker.
:lol::lol:

Thanks to all these folks, I first somehow got suckered into this thread even though I know this is never going to happen. If that wasn’t enough, I’ve now read every single post on these 5 pages. Shocker!

But I’ve read some interesting opinions..

This.
It can happen. If Arsenal wins FA cup then Wolves are out of Europa League which would affect them financially. Selling Jiminez could offset the revenue stream of Europe. It need not be United though
So it could happen? :drool:

sp_107

Think someone mentioned Wolves were interested in Dalot , and that it would be a Dalot + 30 mill. swap deal.

I doubt it nevertheless.
Jimenez and Sancho with a CD could be a wonderful summer I think. You guys spend on Jimenez or Grealish if we have to go for one of them

Decomposing In Paris

I doubt it nevertheless.
If Wolves are interested in Dalot we should consider a loan. Good coach, good team, wingbacks, Portuguese contingent... he could thrive there. I like him as a player (at Wing Back), and truthfully I still think he’s ahead of Williams in quality (although perhaps not mindset).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dalot wouldn't play at Wolves any more than he'd play here surely.