Raul Jimenez

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
If we signed Sancho, we will already have this.

LWF: Rashford, James, (Sancho, Martial can also cover)
FW: Martial, Ighalo, (Greenwood, Rashford can also cover)
RWF: Sancho, Greenwood, (James can also cover)

Unless you think we need 3 players specifically for each position (and 5 players to cover for each position too), but that will seriously unbalance the team and affects team morale, leaving too many unhappy players fighting for a position on the bench.
James and Ighalo aren’t very good, and Ighalo is leaving soon anyway. We should definitely be looking to improve on them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
James and Ighalo aren’t very good, and Ighalo is leaving soon anyway. We should definitely be looking to improve on them.
So which team has 6 “very good” player for front 3 anyway?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
So which team has 6 “very good” player for front 3 anyway?
Well that’s a slightly different debate. I’m assuming that if Ole would like six such options, he’d like them to be a bit more useful than James and Ighalo. After all, he was a member of a squad which had four excellent forwards (including himself) competing for two spots, and other squads in which players such as Louis Saha, Diego Forlan, Alan Smith, and Henrik Larsson (who essentially had the Ighalo role in early 2007) were regularly benched.

The level I’d be looking for from players occupying James’s and Ighalo’s roles in the squad would be Park Ji-Sung and Ole Gunnar Solskjær respectively. I’ve seen no signs that either is up to it.

Holocene

I remember thinking Wolves overpaid for him at the time. But he's absolutely quality. A complete striker. I wonder if a bigger club will come for him? He will be 30 in May and I imagine Wolves would demand a huge fee.