Raul Jimenez

Benfica_1904

Supports
Benfica
Jimenez played a few seasons for us so I will talk about his stay here. He is a very hard working striker, decided many games for us coming off the bench but when he was a starter didn't perform that well. He was substitute to Mitroglou and Jonas and both were much more reliable in terms of goalscoring abilities. Basically Jimenez presses and runs a lot but is not the best "Poacher", he is the kind of striker that would get 10 goals at season at United.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Let me guess lots of positive comments about a player that is nowhere as good as Lukaku.

I can't believe we ditch Lukaku and are looking at a substandard version. And I'm not a massive Lukaku fan.

He is not good enough. Simple.
Very different players.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Jimenez played a few seasons for us so I will talk about his stay here. He is a very hard working striker, decided many games for us coming off the bench but when he was a starter didn't perform that well. He was substitute to Mitroglou and Jonas and both were much more reliable in terms of goalscoring abilities. Basically Jimenez presses and runs a lot but is not the best "Poacher", he is the kind of striker that would get 10 goals at season at United.
Is there now something to be said for him being a late bloomer? I can’t say I watched him at Benfica, but those names surprise me because I think he is a top player.

His all-round game is far superior to someone like Mitroglu, who never seems to stay anywhere for too long.

I watch Wolves quite regularly and he looks to have a very well-rounded set of skills. He has great feet for a big man and is quite quick. He uses his strength well and brings others into play. The attack seems to revolve around him and he looks a level above those around him as a footballer.

I think, that coming into his peak years, he would be a great signing for United. I could see Rashford thriving off playing with someone as intelligent in possession as him.

I really enjoy watching him play too, he is a favorite of mine, so am hoping this happens.

RUCK4444

Is there now something to be said for him being a late bloomer? I can’t say I watched him at Benfica, but those names surprise me because I think he is a top player.

His all-round game is far superior to someone like Mitroglu, who never seems to stay anywhere for too long.

I watch Wolves quite regularly and he looks to have a very well-rounded set of skills. He has great feet for a big man and is quite quick. He uses his strength well and brings others into play. The attack seems to revolve around him and he looks a level above those around him as a footballer.

I think, that coming into his peak years, he would be a great signing for United. I could see Rashford thriving off playing with someone as intelligent in possession as him.

I really enjoy watching him play too, he is a favorite of mine, so am hoping this happens.
Agree with this. I think he would be a huge loss for Wolves, he is one of the guys who makes them tick.

I hadn't seen much of him prior to his move to Wolves but I have been very impressed with him. Would be a perfect squad option and I think he would give Martial a run for his money for the starting spot if I'm honest.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Mitroglou is always injured, which makes him impossible to keep delivering good end product. Bare in mind that Óscar cardozo was a far better player in the same molds, but Mitroglou was quite a clynical striker inside the box.

but yes, Jiménez is much more rounded as a player

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Honestly, we are about as interested in any wolves (Jimenez) players as we are Norwich players (Cantwell). Does no one see the pattern except me?

Apparent Interest in Cantwell banded about a week or so before we play Norwich, now it’s Jimenez a week or so before we play Wolves.

Good Ol’ fashioned fergie mind games being redeployed.
Thats a pattern to you? I guess we are getting in 3 months early for the Villa game then. :)

Lee565

I like him, he has a lot of similarities to firmino where could easily perform the false number 9 role like we saw Ole favour in his early few months as caretaker manager.

I would however prefer Aubameyang, yes he's 30 years old but he could have the same impact rvp had for us short term and what's to say he wont still be good when he's 34/35 as he seems to rarely pick up injuries, you just have to look at vardy and how well he is doing in his mid 30's and also still faster than most strikers.

Bobski

Put me down as a fan, high level of technical ability, good with his back to goal and still mobile and pacy enough to be a threat behind, would be an excellent foil for Rashford to play off.

Artorias

I like him, he has a lot of similarities to firmino where could easily perform the false number 9 role like we saw Ole favour in his early few months as caretaker manager.

I would however prefer Aubameyang, yes he's 30 years old but he could have the same impact rvp had for us short term and what's to say he wont still be good when he's 34/35 as he seems to rarely pick up injuries, you just have to look at vardy and how well he is doing in his mid 30's and also still faster than most strikers.
Agree, good player. Also Neto played a really good game.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It will be great to have him along with our other attacking players.

Lebowski

He would give us something so different to what we have now. A more natural spearhead to our attack and in theory would complement the likes of Rashford, James and Martial perfectly.

The improvement in his all round game since he moved to Wolves has been pretty incredible.

If he's happy not starting every game I'd be delighted to bring him in.

NoPace

The better question is can we find a player like Jimenez at the time Benfica or Wolves did. Benfica got him for 9M after his big move to Atletico Madrid flopped and got 3 years of solid play out of him then got 25-30M out of his eventual move to Wolves, who got a good loan season from him for 3M, then picked up the option and after another strong season could probably still scratch out a small profit this summer and basically have gotten him for free for 2 years.

As an example (and he's a much, much more limited player) but Mariano Diaz's agent says he might get a 2 season loan and he would give us a poacher in his prime off the bench, not the worst option for a few extra mil in loan fee and enough time for Greenwood to not have too much on him too soon (especially since he'll get time at RW). There's gotta be a player like that for 5-10M in fees who makes more sense than spending 50M on Jimenez.

Decomposing In Paris

50m for squad player?
That seems to be the general consensus... that he’s a good player who would give us options in attack. I like him, but I like Martial & Greenwood more. We need options, but he’s not world class, he’s not going to get much better, and he won’t come cheap.

enurs

Jeminez is a top player. I think he will score way more goals that Martial.
Imagine Ole work with him, I see 30 goals per season

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He would offer us something different, i rate him very highly. But i don't think there's anything in this as wolves wouldn't want to sell, the money wouldn't be worth it.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Wolves would want crazy money.

Which is a pity because a striker aged 27-29 would be ideal for our squad while Greenwood develops.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a good player but he will cost way too much for a player of his age.

We need to be getting the next Jimenez. The premier league is just rich unless they're low on contract.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I was just about to post this, we have a limited budget as it is, let alone spending 50 million on a squad player who will be 29 years old by the end of the season.
That seems to be the general consensus... that he’s a good player who would give us options in attack. I like him, but I like Martial & Greenwood more. We need options, but he’s not world class, he’s not going to get much better, and he won’t come cheap.
These all true. Although I'm all for us getting new striker, we don't have unlimited budget.

We need to either get a main striker to replace Martial (thus has to be better than Martial), or a cheap backup striker (preferably experience, or "can do the job reasonably well".

EdinburghDevil

Jimenez in the goals again today. Really think he'd be well suited to playing up top with the pace Utd have in their forward line.

Always seems aggressive, pressing defenders and links play very well. I could see Rashford making the runs beyond him.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Jimenez in the goals again today. Really think he'd be well suited to playing up top with the pace Utd have in their forward line.

Always seems aggressive, pressing defenders and links play very well. I could see Rashford making the runs beyond him.
Bit of a weird one but Atletico should pick him up if they dont sign Cavani

Jimenez, Costa & Felix has alot of goals

RedIan

With Chelsea looking erratic, spurs a bit crap and now no Kane and arsenal just crap, top 4 is stil attainable this season and we should go all out for it. We can not rely on winning the europa league to get champions league football..
with Rashford probably out for the rest of the season we need a striker who can hit the ground running in the prem.. Jimenez is that man. At 28 he is a bit older than ideal but still nearly 5 years younger than the injury prone Cavanni. He has really impressed when hes played against us... I’d go for him, ideally with Lingard going the other way In part exchange.

enurs

Play Jimenez and Martial for 3 years and then Greenwood and Martial until we replace Martial

GledTheRed

Just imagine the 3 months worth of negotiations in the Summer before ultimately paying 70 million for a near 30 year old :drool:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Would be nice to have a reliable target man but we need a clinical goalscorer much more than that. We need to end the scattergun approach with stop gap signings that we've gotten accustomed to

MiracleInMadrid

Would be nice to have a reliable target man but we need a clinical goalscorer much more than that. We need to end the scattergun approach with stop gap signings that we've gotten accustomed to
10 goals and 6 assists in 23 PL matches, plus 3 goals and 2 assists in 5 EL matches this season. And that is for a rather low scoring team.

Why is it a scattergun approach to buy a seasoned and PL-proven striker, when we are lacking desperately up front? Not only is he producing fine numbers, he also contributes as the focal point of Wolves attack, and can both drop deep to set up wingers and still has good presence in the box which would provide our wingers with an actual target to aim at for the first time since Lukaku left.

I don't see why it can't be seen as timely manner to bring a player in his prime years to impact the team right away. This is not close to being a Sanchez kind of signing.