Ravel Morrison | Derby player

minh_loc_xoay

I hope we keep the powder dry on the Longstaff deal. That 50 millions could estentially bring Morrison "home" after this season if he really kills it. :keano:

markhughes

Good luck to him, I think he is at the right club with the right manager, Wilder seems to get the best out of players and the Blades have a great team spirit, it could be a great move for club and player, pretty risk free for Utd as well.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He’s done, all these years acting like a scumbag and being wasted in development, he’s far far behind the top levels. But if he works really hard, and with right attitude, he could still make it back to decent or average level in the league.

Eric's Seagull

I think, deep down, everyone is routing for Ravel to shine! People are rightly pissed off with him as he had the world at his feet and didn’t seem to give a toss! He has the attributes but aside from attitude, he really needs to improve his team work and awareness if he’s going to impress! If he’s played behind a striker with no defensive duties he could be amazing (Matt LeTissier esq) really have my doubts he’ll do it though
Still crazy to think that he was considered a bigger bigger talent than Pogba back in the day, hope he does well.
Good luck to him, I think he is at the right club with the right manager, Wilder seems to get the best out of players and the Blades have a great team spirit, it could be a great move for club and player, pretty risk free for Utd as well.
Well, love a comeback story and this guy has talent. I hope he does well.
Nice to see some positive sand supporting messages on here for this guy. Glad to see people getting behind our former player well done guys. He may have some issues mentally, but I hope he matures and knuckles down. But lets hope hes over it and genuinely pleases me to see a lot of members wanting him to do well. Great to hear these types of comments from the posters above, genuinely makes me happy. Fair play to you guys for still wanting him to do well. :):devil:

Classical Mechanic

He'll play a couple of good games which will lead to call of United signing him and England calling him up. Then disappear from the match day squad for an extended period. After disappearing he'll leave at the end of the year with a little bit of noise that Ravel then claims is a conspiracy against him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully he will be a huge success for Sheffield United. Very good player to watch when he is on the game.

Relfy

Best of luck to him. Hope he does well and shows some of that early promise.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Nice to see some positive sand supporting messages on here for this guy. Glad to see people getting behind our former player well done guys. He may have some issues mentally, but I hope he matures and knuckles down. But lets hope hes over it and genuinely pleases me to see a lot of members wanting him to do well. Great to hear these types of comments from the posters above, genuinely makes me happy. Fair play to you guys for still wanting him to do well. :):devil:
I coached junior footballers. There's nothing better than seeing one develop into a substantial talent. There's nothing worse then seeing one piddle away into nothingness because of attitude.

When people that matter say this kid was the best players they've ever seen come through the academy, you have to believe them. I just want to see him repay the faith and effort those people put into him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wilder is apparently big on players attitude, he wouldn't be signing him if he didn't see good attitude from Ravel. Let's hope he fecking succeeds though. It's a golden chance for him.

Eric's Seagull

I coached junior footballers. There's nothing better than seeing one develop into a substantial talent. There's nothing worse then seeing one piddle away into nothingness because of attitude.

When people that matter say this kid was the best players they've ever seen come through the academy, you have to believe them.
I can imagine how frustrating the first part in bold is, must hurt. My friend played for a Premiership club many years ago for a good few seasons until he was about 16 but didn't make the grade. He had offers from Lower League clubs but considered them beneath him. He p!ssed away a decent career due to pride and I think he would have been good enough for League Football although not quite top level as he had a decent amount of talent and was fiercely committed in the challenge.

Regarding your second point in bold I'll take you're word for it as you have much more knowledge of these situations than me. I hate seeing people waste talent because of attitude in anything, especially football as there are millions of people around the world that would give anything to be in that position mate. Such a sad situation:(

Eric's Seagull

Wilder is apparently big on players attitude, he wouldn't be signing him if he didn't see good attitude from Ravel. Let's hope he fecking succeeds though. It's a golden chance for him.
Never heard this which you mentioned in bold before and this sounds quite reassuring.Thanks for sharing :). Totally agree with the last 2 sentences. If he fecks up this time he isn't going to get many, if any big chances again mate.

Red_toad

I hope he takes this chance. Funny enough it was him who I thought had more talent than Paul when they were kids, just shows how things can go down a different path if you don't have the right people guiding you.
Ravel always thought he knew best, he took his own path.

Will be interesting to see how he goes. Hopefully he’ll apply himself and keep his head down. But who knows, he’s not really looked fit for the past few years.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
The only person that can make it work is himself, if he is properly commited and has out the shit behind him there is still time for him, if not he will be done at any reasonable level after this.

0le

Its surprises me that there exist people (this time at Sheffield United) who still believe he can play to a relatively high standard of football.

Charlie Foley

Good luck lad. Wasted potential is never nice to see. Even getting signed by a premier league team at this point is quite surprising honestly, given the direction his career looked to be going. Even if he doesn't "tear it up," it would be good to see him perform dependently and behave professionally, as a sign he's sorted his shit out to some degree.

Grande

Good luck lad. Wasted potential is never nice to see. Even getting signed by a premier league team at this point is quite surprising honestly, given the direction his career looked to be going. Even if he doesn't "tear it up," it would be good to see him perform dependently and behave professionally, as a sign he's sorted his shit out to some degree.
I still thinknit’s hard for most of us to seallow that we’ve had dreams of what we could be, and look at someone seemingly so close to fullfilling all those dreams (for us?) and then completely lose the way.

At the same time I believe it’s hard for most of us to fathom what it takes to go from a dead end in Wythenshawe to a Premier League club.

The truth about Maurice Ravel Morrisey I suspect is somewhere well tucked away in between.

Wheato

Let's hope he turns his career around, and changes the narrative from what could have been to what he has become. I hope he smashes it.

CHKBC

This is a strange signing. Chris Wilder is a no-nonsense coach with a seemingly strong emphasis on team spirit and yet he signs a potentially disruptive rebel type in Ravel Morrison, talented he may be. I guess Morrison must have been convincing in selling himself during his talks with Wilder.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m really Looking forward to seeing him back in the PL. He’s got the talent to shine in any given game but does he have the application and drive to do it over a whole season and beyond? I think it’s very fair that people doubt him at this stage given how things have panned out but only he can prove them wrong. Hopefully he gives it his best shot for the next few years! The most talented youth player I’ve seen at UTD.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Its surprises me that there exist people (this time at Sheffield United) who still believe he can play to a relatively high standard of football.
This bloke knows how to play football. He knows how to play it at the highest level with great players. Morrison is not a grafter but a naturally talented individual. You dont lose it ever, your body just stops working for you. He's not at a stage in his career where his body is going to stop working for him so the limitations to his ability are going to be how well he conditions himself to meet the demand expected from an elite level both mentally and physically.

That is the reason why he gets given chances. George Best was no different, he just couldn't physically cut the mustard anymore because of a lack of ambition and drinking.

Personally, I hope he looks at his mates at United and thinks "I want that again".

Manoucha09

Shame he never made it here. Imagine him and Pogba linking up together! It will be interesting to see how he does back in the Premier League.

I remember him shining for West Ham when Big Sam was manager. Where did it go wrong for him there?

SATA

Just curious, what did he do for you guys to call him a scumbag? Do some of you know him personally? I'm not Ravel's side here, just wondering what's the story about him being a supposedly twat off the pitch

clarkydaz

Just curious, what did he do for you guys to call him a scumbag? Do some of you know him personally? I'm not Ravel's side here, just wondering what's the story about him being a supposedly twat off the pitch
Beat his girlfriend, ( her mother aswell if memory serves), intimidated witnesses in police cases to not give evidence against him and his gang mates, thats off top of my head

clarkydaz

I still thinknit’s hard for most of us to seallow that we’ve had dreams of what we could be, and look at someone seemingly so close to fullfilling all those dreams (for us?) and then completely lose the way.

At the same time I believe it’s hard for most of us to fathom what it takes to go from a dead end in Wythenshawe to a Premier League club.
Its hardly iraq is it? Like he is the only footballer to come from a rough estate

Grande

Its hardly iraq is it? Like he is the only footballer to come from a rough estate
Have you been to Iraq? It’s hardly Wythenshawe.

There are quite a few people writing athletically away at their internet keyboards who think ‘PL? That’s not so hard, I could do that too if I could be bothered’. I think mostly they are wrong, and underestimate the amount of work needed to make it to that level.

clarkydaz

Have you been to Iraq? It’s hardly Wythenshawe.

There are quite a few people writing athletically away at their internet keyboards who think ‘PL? That’s not so hard, I could do that too if I could be bothered’. I think mostly they are wrong, and underestimate the amount of work needed to make it to that level.
Rashford is also from whythenshawe, he turned out ok. Morrison is just a bad seed

SteveW

Beat his girlfriend, ( her mother aswell if memory serves), intimidated witnesses in police cases to not give evidence against him and his gang mates, thats off top of my head
He threw her phone out the window. That's all it was as far as I remember

He was also part of a group who intimidated a witness.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I must admit I felt more sympathetic to him after I read that story about him (at West Ham?) needing emergency dental treatment - with several teeth needing to be removed. He must have been in his late teens/early 20s then. That's a kind of self-neglect that's hard to ignore.

Up until then, I'd have blamed too much money/praise, too soon. Afterwards it felt like his whole growing up was messed up.

Anyway, I'm on the, "hope he's ready to show his talent," side of the equation. For him and for Sheffield United fans.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I must admit I felt more sympathetic to him after I read that story about him (at West Ham?) needing emergency dental treatment - with several teeth needing to be removed. He must have been in his late teens/early 20s then. That's a kind of self-neglect that's hard to ignore.

Up until then, I'd have blamed too much money/praise, too soon. Afterwards it felt like his whole growing up was messed up.

Anyway, I'm on the, "hope he's ready to show his talent," side of the equation. For him and for Sheffield United fans.
apparently a very high rate of shocking teeth in footballers... allegedly too many sugary sports drinks
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sc...llers-plagued-by-rotting-teeth-UCL-finds.html

Needham

Beat his girlfriend ( her mother as well if memory serves), intimidated witnesses in police cases to not give evidence against him and his gang mates, thats off top of my head
Yeah but surely rooting for an ex-Utd player trumps all that?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee