Ravel Morrison | Derby player

lsd

The Oracle
I'm not implying ONLY people in 3rd world or simply poorer countries can have it rough. Common sense tells you it's far more common there, though and, in turn, it's laughable to say 'we all had it rough'. I definitely didn't for one and I didn't even grew up in a rich, western country.

Although expecting common sense is a bit too much these days.

It's really not a contest but I know for a fact I grew up in a rougher environment than Ravel, he wasn't worrying about getting blown up or shot by soldiers so I don't buy this he's just a product of his environment stuff .

I'm just sick of hearing excuses for why he didn't become a superstar especially when he has done ok . He has had loads of chances and I'm sure has made a decent living out of the game and played around the world .

Let's stop feeling sorry for him . He is what 27? He has his life in front of him and I'm sure he will continue to do ok . That's all anyone can ask I would hope he knows this and grows up and lives right

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It's really not a contest but I know for a fact I grew up in a rougher environment than Ravel, he wasn't worrying about getting blown up or shot by soldiers so I don't buy this he's just a product of his environment stuff .

I'm just sick of hearing excuses for why he didn't become a superstar especially when he has done ok . He has had loads of chances and I'm sure has made a decent living out of the game and played around the world .

Let's stop feeling sorry for him . He is what 27? He has his life in front of him and I'm sure he will continue to do ok . That's all anyone can ask I would hope he knows this and grows up and lives right
I don't excuse him. I just found your claim bold. I had food, clothes, love and roof above my head. That's why I feel I would be trivializing all those less fortunate if I said I had it rough. Anyway, agree to disagree I guess.

Last edited:

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm surprised he's still managing to be picked up by clubs.

United58

He's in a league where they play good football and he's likely to get decent minutes... Let's see if he finally starts taking his chances.

United58

Oh god please just stop
Taking his chances doesn't mean tearing up the CL or anything - this man had his last chance in about 2015; he's now dropped a lot of levels and the best he can hope for is playing more than 20 league games in a season which he's done once - farcical for a 27 year old

marktan

I read an article in the Athletic about him yesterday - where one of the coaches at Osterand praised him for being reliable, helping out some of the staff etc. It also gave insight into some of the mental issues he's had throughout his life e.g. ADHD. It was interesting as it gave insight into another side of him.

I think people judge him too harshly for not being a top level player, but talent is only half the battle. Luck, support, mental health all play a part too.

TrustInOle

Dont get the continued following of this guy, might have been impressive in the youth systems, but Ryan Shawcross and Danny Drinkwater have had much better careers and don't get a sniff.

If we can get a good pre season into him, would be a good option for our gaping hole on the right wing. Would be up to speed by Christmas.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Dont get the continued following of this guy, might have been impressive in the youth systems, but Ryan Shawcross and Danny Drinkwater have had much better careers and don't get a sniff.
Because it's one of the biggest examples of wasted talent.

SAFMUTD

I'm surprised he's still managing to be picked up by clubs.
Thats what truely amazes me, how long can a player stretch their youth fame? I mean he has never proved anything outside the reserves I would have thought he'd be retired by now.

mu4c_20le

Thats what truely amazes me, how long can a player stretch their youth fame? I mean he has never proved anything outside the reserves I would have thought he'd be retired by now.
He's obviously impressed them in training, it's not like they're taking a blind punt

SAFMUTD

He's obviously impressed them in training, it's not like they're taking a blind punt
He must be REALLY good in training then, anyway he's still getting chances but everytime is in a worst team, his options are running out. I dont think he'll get much more.

AjaxNL

He's joining ADO Den Haag on a free. ADO is a very badly run club in the Netherlands, who are sure going to be in the relegation spots this season. They had to sell their more experienced players, presumably due to Corona virus and bought some very random players from around the world, who seem to add nothing in terms of quality. I can only see this terribly go wrong.

TsuWave

Well, here’s another blurry skill showcase clip to add to his repertoire:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Well, here’s another blurry skill showcase clip to add to his repertoire:

People will always have an opinion on Ravel.

I Imagine for Ravel though, yeah there'll be disappointment, but he's got to travel the world and play football and get paid for it. He never hit the heights he was meant to but he still did enough to do more then what society expected of him, and he'll be happy about that.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Bring him in as cover for Bruno to save him playing so many games. Not really.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Watching his performance against Palace in 2011. The dude was something else, Man. What could have been.

saivet

How many times does he get released or terminated a season? Seems every couple of months we get this story.

Edit: His choice to leave?
Mutual agreement apparently. He wasn't getting much minutes and his deal expires in the summer. He'll probably be given a 12 month contract again and the cycle will repeat itself.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Made his professional debut Oct 26, 2010.

Has gone on to play for 12 different clubs in 10 years, 140 appearances.

Most in a season:

2012/13 - Birmingham City - they finished 12th in Championship - 30
2018/18 - Atlas - Liga MX - 8th - 25

pastyfool

It's always kind of sad when you see this thread bumped. It's never good news.

I know at this stage that it's not likely but you hope he can find somewhere to play where he's happy and can enjoy his football/life.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
At this point it would be better if he packed it in and concentrated on his career after football.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Made his professional debut Oct 26, 2010.

Has gone on to play for 12 different clubs in 10 years, 140 appearances.

Most in a season:

2012/13 - Birmingham City - they finished 12th in Championship - 30
2018/18 - Atlas - Liga MX - 8th - 25
Amazing he's still only 27 as well. He should be hitting his peak soon.

OrcaFat

If, in a bizarre twist, we took him back for half a season, how much better or worse would he be than Dan James? (Not intended as Dan bashing, just hypothesising).

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If, in a bizarre twist, we took him back for half a season, how much better or worse would he be than Dan James? (Not intended as Dan bashing, just hypothesising).
He wouldn't make the bench of our FA Cup team yesterday