Ravel Morrison | Derby player

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This thread basically boils down to people saying because he hasn't made it as a top level footballer, he was never any good in the first place. He never had potential world class talent even though a lot in our club from management to players thought he was one of the best young players they'd ever seen.
That is an odd thing to me. Do all talented people achieve success in professional life? Not necessarily. There's a lot more to professional success than mere talent. You need drive, ambition, a good head on your shoulders and a supportive structure around you - all of which he seemed to lack. Why is this even such a contentious topic?
There's a discernable difference between being good at youth level and being good at senior level.

Ravel may have shown his talent at youth level but he never ever did at senior level.
Add to that the romance of Fergie once quipping that he was the best youth player ever (notice the word Youth in that sentence), and you have a romantic notion and story that the guy should have made it.

He has had plenty of opportunities and never taken any of them, not all of that can be attributed to the things you say, you have to start questioning if he actually had the talent at senior level to really make it...

lsd

The Oracle
37 year old Ravel Morrison gets last chance trial at Rochdale.

Caf makes posts saying he was the greatest player ever kicked a ball and we should sign him up

iKnowNothing

The surprising part should not be that he is a free agent. The surprising part should be when a club hands him a contract at this point.

R_Cubed

I've not seen Ravel play for Jamaica, but I do know he's only featured 3 times, so I think there's a possible overhyping going on from you here.

I'm not denying that as a youth player, Morrison was extremely talented, and that talent won't have gone away even if it wasn't nurtured, but Dan James, an accomplished professional, is such a ridiculous comparison that it's not even worth discussing.

You're not even really disagreeing with me. You just keep repeating that you've enjoyed watching him play for Jamaica, and that he's got mental health issues (something you don't actually know for certain), when both are irrelevant to the actual things being discussed. The discussion has been about whether Morrison is a) good enough to player to play for Manchester United (hint: he isn't) and b) whether he's better than Dan James (hint: he isn't).
I just spoke to someone from The Jamaican delegation and as I suggested Ravel does have mental health issues. In fact, the official stated the condition and it is the same disorder that I suffer from. He said they have had to be patient with him and supportive. He also stated that the medications that he has to take are stimulants and may result in adverse analytical findings if he takes them while playing (He opted not to to continue his career) which has resulted in his struggles. The individual did not have to tell me. For years people called me lackadaisical and disinterested in school. I now have 2 Masters Degrees but I am a lot older than Ravel and I am more concerned with what will happen once football stops because football is a great outlet when dealing with mental health issues.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Sorry, you just happened to be able to speak to someone from the Jamaican delegation and they not only revealed to you that Morrison struggles with mental health issues (which they shouldn't be disclosing), but they elaborated on that to the point that they shared the exact mental health condition and medication needed (which they certainly shouldn't be disclosing), which are, coincidentally, the exact same condition you have and exact type of medication you take.

All of this happens (again, coincidentally) after someone on the internet points out that your favourite (wasted talent) footballer hasn't had any confirmed mental health issues, least of all one requiring medicating to the degree that it could affect his career.

Very much doubting the candor of your tale there, sorry.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Sorry, you just happened to be able to speak to someone from the Jamaican delegation and they not only revealed to you that Morrison struggles with mental health issues (which they shouldn't be disclosing), but they elaborated on that to the point that they shared exact mental health condition and medication needed (which they certainly shouldn't be disclosing), which are, coincidentally, the exact same condition you have and exact type of medication you take.

All of this happens (again, coincidentally) after someone on the internet points out that your favourite (wasted talent) footballer hasn't had any confirmed mental health issues, least of all one requiring medicating to the degree that it could affect his career.

:lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This is the person he talked too from Jamaican coach team:

TheReligion

Abusive
Mate, exactly. Let me show you what Jamaica's team is without quotas.

GK Andre Blake
RB James Justin/Kyle Walker-Peters
CB Ben Godfrey
CB Mason Holgate
LB Kemar Lawrence
DM Ravel Morrison/Isaac Hayden
DM Daniel Johnson/Morgan Gibbs-White
AM Bobby Decordova-Reid
RW Nathan Redmond
LW Leon Bailey
ST Michail Antonio

Add to this Jamaal Lascelles, Dwight McNeal, Emile Smith-Rowe*** Unlikely for now.
The fans in the live laughed at the official and he was embarassed because with social media people dm and contacted many of these players and told him these guys were interested in representing Jamaica. He did say that they need local players in the squad to play because they also have roles in local clubs and selling them on brings the Federation funding. Hence why only players from certain local clubs make the team. It is for them to be sold. The Federation doesn't have sponsors because they are known for wasting funds. If you notice Cedella Marley, Bob Marley's daughter, runs the female team. She gets the sponsors and there is no quota system. Hence why they excel and the men don't. The women's team have now extended their reach to The UK so we have a lot of UK born players in the squad now as opposed to earlier where it was mainly The USA and Canada. Their next goal is getting Lauren James to commit.
Isn't the majority of that team English? And Ben Godfrey has two England caps so couldn't play for Jamaica.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I just spoke to someone from The Jamaican delegation and as I suggested Ravel does have mental health issues. In fact, the official stated the condition and it is the same disorder that I suffer from. He said they have had to be patient with him and supportive. He also stated that the medications that he has to take are stimulants and may result in adverse analytical findings if he takes them while playing (He opted not to to continue his career) which has resulted in his struggles. The individual did not have to tell me. For years people called me lackadaisical and disinterested in school. I now have 2 Masters Degrees but I am a lot older than Ravel and I am more concerned with what will happen once football stops because football is a great outlet when dealing with mental health issues.
Ravel Morrison was diagnosed with ADHD in his teens and was not on his meds during his time in Manchester United. This same condition has been a massive hindrance in his entire career. This is public knowledge and no one has told you anything else.

That you make up this story and pretend that you know something about someone elses background and use yourself as a truth witness makes me absolutely livid.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Sorry, you just happened to be able to speak to someone from the Jamaican delegation and they not only revealed to you that Morrison struggles with mental health issues (which they shouldn't be disclosing), but they elaborated on that to the point that they shared the exact mental health condition and medication needed (which they certainly shouldn't be disclosing), which are, coincidentally, the exact same condition you have and exact type of medication you take.

I ran this through Google translate with the “plain English” option and it came up with:

“@R_Cubed bullshit mate”.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Maybe the real explanation is that he just isn't that good in the men's game. Was top as a youth but that doesn't mean much. Some carry their qualities into pro-football, others shrink.

R_Cubed

Ravel Morrison was diagnosed with ADHD in his teens and was not on his meds during his time in Manchester United. This same condition has been a massive hindrance in his entire career. This is public knowledge and no one has told you anything else.

That you make up this story and pretend that you know something about someone elses background and use yourself as a truth witness makes me absolutely livid.
Firstly, I don't know what is public to you or anyone else. I am telling you what I was told THIS MORNING BY AN OFFICIAL. Get a clue, mate.

R_Cubed

I ran this through Google translate with the “plain English” option and it came up with:

“@R_Cubed bullshit mate”.
I did an EEG on your brain and no activity was found. Say what you want, believe what you do. I couldn't care less.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe the real explanation is that he just isn't that good in the men's game. Was top as a youth but that doesn't mean much. Some carry their qualities into pro-football, others shrink.
He did look pretty good at West Ham, before he got shafted by Big Sam with the contract

R_Cubed

Garbage, if he has mental health issues as I was told he will struggle with focus and organization. You need these things in order to be successful at anything in life. Your intellect or ability becomes secondary. Many people with mental health issues have high IQs and are in prison because they are undiagnosed, misunderstood or don't have the help they need in order to master things needed to be successful in life.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Firstly, I don't know what is public to you or anyone else. I am telling you what I was told THIS MORNING BY AN OFFICIAL. Get a clue, mate.
If we ignore how unlikely it seems that an official from the Jamaican national team was speaking to you in the first place, what are the chances that they decided to not only disclose very sensitive medical information relating to the mental health of a player, but that the mental health condition, that they definitely should not have told you about, happens to be the exact same one as the one you have, and requires the exact same type of medication?

I would be genuinely astounded if any part of your story is true.

Varun1

If we ignore how unlikely it seems that an official from the Jamaican national team was speaking to you in the first place, what are the chances that they decided to not only disclose very sensitive medical information relating to the mental health of a player, but that the mental health condition, that they definitely should not have told you about, happens to be the exact same one as the one you have, and requires the exact same type of medication?

We've witnessed how unprofessional these guys are, corrupt even, so I wouldn't be surprised if they shared confidential information.
That's not saying @R_Cubed is being honest. Just playing devil's advocate.

In fact, I believed him until I read your first response to his post. I also didn't know Ravel suffered from ADHD.

I don't know what to think of R_Cubed's post anymore tbh, but I do think it's time to lock this thread. We should stop shitting on Ravel or talking about giving him another chance, sometimes (often!) it's best to leave the past behind.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I did an EEG on your brain and no activity was found. Say what you want, believe what you do. I couldn't care less.
That’s just unpleasant. I think you should ask your Jamaican friend about the impact of your words.

R_Cubed

You dont have to believe anything that I say. The point was made that they hope Jamaicans continue to be supportive of him and understand that The British press is not the arbiter of Ravel's value to the program. Like I said he is loved by the Island. The individual said that players on the squad share their stories as a group and he was surprised with how Ravel had been handled in a first world country where people have more resources to support him. It was a defense of him. I respect that.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
You dont have to believe anything that I say. The point was made that they hope Jamaicans continue to be supportive of him and understand that The British press is not the arbiter of Ravel's value to the program. Like I said he is loved by the Island. The individual said that players on the squad share their stories as a group and he was surprised with how Ravel had been handled in a first world country where people have more resources to support him. It was a defense of him. I respect that.
Of course you respect it, it's your fiction.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Garbage, if he has mental health issues as I was told he will struggle with focus and organization. You need these things in order to be successful at anything in life. Your intellect or ability becomes secondary. Many people with mental health issues have high IQs and are in prison because they are undiagnosed, misunderstood or don't have the help they need in order to master things needed to be successful in life.

Who cares? In football, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. He's not the only dude with alleged health issues.

dabeast

Only Pogba, I don't even think Bruno, could have played this well.

Foxbatt

He did look pretty good at West Ham, before he got shafted by Big Sam with the contract
He did look top class at West Ham he puts his mind to it. He certainly has to the talent to succeed and his issue has got nothing to do with his talents but his applications. If he has mental issues then he needs help. Maybe Rooney is the person to do it? From this match you can see his ability is way beyond any Derby player.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nothing to add other than Daniel James is better than Ravel Morrison. It’s madness to think otherwise. Talent is feck all if you don’t put it into action. Freddy Adu has arguably had a better career than Ravel.

LDUred

He's probably played his best and most consistent football in the champo so it might work it out better for him than some of his more recent sojourns.

Kylar Stern

When I was 7 a lad that lived across the road from me told me that he had the Coca Cola Cup (as it was called at the time) in his bedroom. I didnt believe him and he cried and went home and his mum came to their door and said it was in there but no one was allowed in to see it.

That wasnt as outlandish a lie as your post. I laughed out loud.