Ravel Morrison | Derby player

stevoc

I just spoke to someone from The Jamaican delegation and as I suggested Ravel does have mental health issues. In fact, the official stated the condition and it is the same disorder that I suffer from. He said they have had to be patient with him and supportive. He also stated that the medications that he has to take are stimulants and may result in adverse analytical findings if he takes them while playing (He opted not to to continue his career) which has resulted in his struggles. The individual did not have to tell me. For years people called me lackadaisical and disinterested in school. I now have 2 Masters Degrees but I am a lot older than Ravel and I am more concerned with what will happen once football stops because football is a great outlet when dealing with mental health issues.
Is one of them in Bullshit?

Dan-Utd

Maybe the real explanation is that he just isn't that good in the men's game. Was top as a youth but that doesn't mean much. Some carry their qualities into pro-football, others shrink.
For me it's just application, sometimes when I've seen him playing he didn't look interested on the pitch, that and probably the money / fame got to his head when he was hyped as the next big thing.

There are actually several youngish players in the lower leagues who were thought of as brilliant products at Premier League academies but then never kicked on, I think the pressure thrown on some of these lads destroys them, sometimes they become big headed and start assuming they should be starting over a clubs established player etc and once coaches / managers see that mentality in you you'll be ushered out of the club quietly.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
this was ok, nothing special but very composed, and he played better than the descriptions of his performance in this thread.

there seems to be an impulse here to angrily deny he had any talent at all, for reasons i can't figure out.
(and then there is the description you put under this video, which is the other extreme)

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
this was ok, nothing special but very composed, and he played better than the descriptions of his performance in this thread.

there seems to be an impulse here to angrily deny he had any talent at all, for reasons i can't figure out.
(and then there is the description you put under this video, which is the other extreme)
Yeah, nothing spectacular but you can tell there's a class class midfielder somewhere deep in the bottom of his head. I hope the best for the lad, except when they play us

R_Cubed

We've witnessed how unprofessional these guys are, corrupt even, so I wouldn't be surprised if they shared confidential information.
That's not saying @R_Cubed is being honest. Just playing devil's advocate.

In fact, I believed him until I read your first response to his post. I also didn't know Ravel suffered from ADHD.

I don't know what to think of R_Cubed's post anymore tbh, but I do think it's time to lock this thread. We should stop shitting on Ravel or talking about giving him another chance, sometimes (often!) it's best to leave the past behind.
Yes, you Brits should stop going in on him and leave him to play football in peace. Hopefully, he does get to a World Cup and scores against England. Like I've said his career is secondary to his life after it. Very few on here have even expressed any interest in what his life might be like after football. What he does or doesn't do for Jamaica is secondary to this. I want him to succeed but I am nore interested in him continuing to be a good big brother, son and father.
Of course you respect it, it's your fiction.
It's OUR fiction at this point, mate. You keep saying how unbelievable it is but keep responding. KMT, Wasteman.

R_Cubed

That’s just unpleasant. I think you should ask your Jamaican friend about the impact of your words.
Far less of an impact than people alleging that they know his issues and mocking him in this thread and they wonder why he struggles in the professional game.
Who cares? In football, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. He's not the only dude with alleged health issues.
Not true, mate. Everyone is impacted differently. Grossly unfair of youm
When I was 7 a lad that lived across the road from me told me that he had the Coca Cola Cup (as it was called at the time) in his bedroom. I didnt believe him and he cried and went home and his mum came to their door and said it was in there but no one was allowed in to see it.

That wasnt as outlandish a lie as your post. I laughed out loud.
I said in a previous post that there is quota on the number of players from the diaspora that can be in the starting lineup and in the squad. No one was shocked or appalled. However, an official says Ravel needs continued support as he battles mental health issues. SHOCK HORROR! I know which of these two are more egregious and it's the former rather than the latter.

R_Cubed

We've witnessed how unprofessional these guys are, corrupt even, so I wouldn't be surprised if they shared confidential information.
That's not saying @R_Cubed is being honest. Just playing devil's advocate.

In fact, I believed him until I read your first response to his post. I also didn't know Ravel suffered from ADHD.

I don't know what to think of R_Cubed's post anymore tbh, but I do think it's time to lock this thread. We should stop shitting on Ravel or talking about giving him another chance, sometimes (often!) it's best to leave the past behind.
Aren't England staff notorious for selling and leaking info to tabloids about the inner workings of The England squad? Certain newspapers constantly put out anything negative about certain players in the squad . Do you think all of this is made up or doesn't come from England staff and/or players? When the first world industrialized does it is a "leak" though money is exchanged for information at times. When the 3rd world country does it it is corruption and unprofessional? Doesn't Man United have a mole among the mostly British based contingent at the club who almost universally never receive criticism and put out stories and lineups before games? What is worse someone saying let's love and support the kid (which we have). No other players would have gotten as many games as he has had without a club or certain England staff allegedly "leaking" stories to newspapers about issues with Raheem Sterling not wanting to take any penalties though asked by Southgate and acting like a gangster in a disagreement with Joe Gomez?

Varun1

Aren't England staff notorious for selling and leaking info to tabloids about the inner workings of The England squad? Certain newspapers constantly put out anything negative about certain players in the squad . Do you think all of this is made up or doesn't come from England staff and/or players? When the first world industrialized does it is a "leak" though money is exchanged for information at times. When the 3rd world country does it it is corruption and unprofessional? Doesn't Man United have a mole among the mostly British based contingent at the club who almost universally never receive criticism and put out stories and lineups before games? What is worse someone saying let's love and support the kid (which we have). No other players would have gotten as many games as he has had without a club or certain England staff allegedly "leaking" stories to newspapers about issues with Raheem Sterling not wanting to take any penalties though asked by Southgate and acting like a gangster in a disagreement with Joe Gomez?
Your wall of text doesn't make any sense.

You don't even know if am British (as you called me in your previous post) and frankly, be it the England or Jamaican staff, a developed or developing country, leaking of confidential information and corruption is wrong and should be called out.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This thread is in danger of going to the classics....some absolutely brilliant posts on here :lol: :lol:

Or to put it another way, if Fred and McTominay had been our midfield, he would have barely even touched the ball.

Champ

I'm beginning to think R_Cubed is actually Ravel....

I've never seen them in the same room to be fair...

Glorio

Only Pogba, I don't even think Bruno, could have played this well.
Sarcasm?
I thought he was Ok, so that wouldn't make sense. What would make even less sense would be you being serious. :houllier:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Sorry, you just happened to be able to speak to someone from the Jamaican delegation and they not only revealed to you that Morrison struggles with mental health issues (which they shouldn't be disclosing), but they elaborated on that to the point that they shared the exact mental health condition and medication needed (which they certainly shouldn't be disclosing), which are, coincidentally, the exact same condition you have and exact type of medication you take.

All of this happens (again, coincidentally) after someone on the internet points out that your favourite (wasted talent) footballer hasn't had any confirmed mental health issues, least of all one requiring medicating to the degree that it could affect his career.

Very much doubting the candor of your tale there, sorry.
:lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'm beginning to think R_Cubed is actually Ravel....

I've never seen them in the same room to be fair...
Ravel Morrison? Deep Woke is surely involved.

wise_old_man

Why chase Camavinga when the missing piece for our midfield was right here all along?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sorry, you just happened to be able to speak to someone from the Jamaican delegation and they not only revealed to you that Morrison struggles with mental health issues (which they shouldn't be disclosing), but they elaborated on that to the point that they shared the exact mental health condition and medication needed (which they certainly shouldn't be disclosing), which are, coincidentally, the exact same condition you have and exact type of medication you take.

All of this happens (again, coincidentally) after someone on the internet points out that your favourite (wasted talent) footballer hasn't had any confirmed mental health issues, least of all one requiring medicating to the degree that it could affect his career.

This post is gold

R_Cubed

Your wall of text doesn't make any sense.

You don't even know if am British (as you called me in your previous post) and frankly, be it the England or Jamaican staff, a developed or developing country, leaking of confidential information and corruption is wrong and should be called out.
That is a completely different take from what you initially said. I can tell you years ago what Raheem Sterling said on Jamaican TV but he is already in a tough situation there and I won't add fuel to the fire. Some in The English FA aren't any better. Others on here claim it is public knowledge. So apparently it is not confidential at all then! The way you phrased what you said in your previous post said a lot. Due to this, I doubt very much that you are even a Jamaican from the diaspora with the way you castigated us. Moreover, I did say that players like Jamaal Lascelles, Mason Holgate and Ben Godfrey (Who was turned down by The Federation) are not getting call ups because a couple, not all or most, have poor players in the squad who they are looking to sell to clubs abroad to make money. That for me is a bigger indictment against a tiny minority there than someone saying have empathy on a young man who has gone through a lot and here is the reason why. Let's love and support him.

Champ

That is a completely different take from what you initially said. I can tell you years ago what Raheem Sterling said on Jamaican TV but he is already in a tough situation there and I won't add fuel to the fire. Some in The English FA aren't any better. Others on here claim it is public knowledge. So apparently it is not confidential at all then! The way you phrased what you said in your previous post said a lot. Due to this, I doubt very much that you are even a Jamaican from the diaspora with the way you castigated us. Moreover, I did say that players like Jamaal Lascelles, Mason Holgate and Ben Godfrey (Who was turned down by The Federation) are not getting call ups because a couple, not all or most, have poor players in the squad who they are looking to sell to clubs abroad to make money. That for me is a bigger indictment against a tiny minority there than someone saying have empathy on a young man who has gone through a lot and here is the reason why. Let's love and support him.
anyone else confused by this post?

Are you trying to suggest that people are being played in the Jamaican team purely to put them in the shop window?

Woziak

Isn't the majority of that team English? And Ben Godfrey has two England caps so couldn't play for Jamaica.
Actually Ben Godfrey under the new rules of up to 3 international caps previously played for one country can still play for Jamaica, Calum Hudson-Odoi has 3 caps and just switched international allegiance.

This is the dilemma, will some or all of these players with Jamaican heritage chose England or Jamaica, Ofcourse Jamaica have to qualify for the world cup first but we could be seeing another England B team just like Jack Chalton’s Ireland

Varun1

Can I make a suggestion? It will come across as patronising but am really not, please use paragraphs. It makes it a lot easier to read. Personally I only read as far as the 2nd sentence.

What's so different about it, I said it's entirely believable that someone from the Jamaican federation may have shared this confidential piece of information with you, considering how unprofessional or even corrupt they have been. That doesn't mean other federations aren't corrupt. Who can forget the ex-chief exec of the FA who had to resign recently!

Having said that, I think you're diluting your message about Ravel, this thread is about him and not about corrupt federations.

Foxbatt

Or to put it another way, if Fred and McTominay had been our midfield, he would have barely even touched the ball.
Don't be ridiculous. Ravel Morrison is a much better player than both of them. It's his other issues that's is the problem.

RooneyLegend

Can I make a suggestion? It will come across as patronising but am really not, please use paragraphs. It makes it a lot easier to read. Personally I only read as far as the 2nd sentence.

What's so different about it, I said it's entirely believable that someone from the Jamaican federation may have shared this confidential piece of information with you, considering how unprofessional or even corrupt they have been. That doesn't mean other federations aren't corrupt. Who can forget the ex-chief exec of the FA who had to resign recently!

Having said that, I think you're diluting your message about Ravel, this thread is about him and not about corrupt federations.
If the guy he knows is a close friend of his then there's every chance he got this information from them. Don't tell me you don't know people who've given you information you shouldn't have access too. Especially those in the public space.

Varun1

If the guy he knows is a close friend of his then there's every chance he got this information from them. Don't tell me you don't know people who've given you information you shouldn't have access too. Especially those in the public space.
So what's your point?

Revan

Assumptionman
Don't be ridiculous. Ravel Morrison is a much better player than both of them. It's his other issues that's is the problem.
He is not, not even near. There is less difference between a Sunday league player and Morrison than from him and Fred/McTominay.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

:lol:

tomaldinho1

Got directed here to view the source of the Varane thread title change and was not disappointed