Ravel Morrison (Only football related)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ravel Morrison adds to rep with goal for Man Utd U18s
17.11.08 | tribalfootball.com

Ravel Morrison struck for Manchester United U18s in their 4-1 victory over Bolton Wanderers yesterday.

Just 15, Morrison is an England schoolboys international and rated among the best of his generation.

The midfielder scored for United after entering the fray as a second-half substitute.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/?q=content/ravel-morrison-adds-rep-goal-man-utd-u18s
Tribalbollocks, to be fair, but what is this "rep" they speak of? It's a new name to me. Anyone else heard much about him?

twitter thread suggester
He was apparently one of the best players at the Nike Premier Cup, and he's been getting a look in at some u18 games lately where he's done all right whenever he's come on.

I'm sure Mujac and PS18 will be able to tell us more.

68-99-08

After losing my MUTV this year I cant watch the academy games no longer. Anyone give me the rundown on this fella as hes new to the u18s this year?

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
As with so many of the youngsters, he looks quite small.

But I guess no smaller than Jack Wilshere, the future bestest player in the world.

Virtuoso

Saw him play for the first time on Saturday vs Bolton, had only heard promising things before then. He did look very impressive, amazing pace and a superb chip over the keeper for the goal. If he is in fact 15 then he has lots and lots of time to improve especially (as in the case of Welbeck) we rate him highly enough to train with the first team in a couple of years.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What did you expect?

The point of this forum is to discuss up and coming youngsters at the club. There's a fair few people on here who have an amazing knowledge of what goes on, at academy and reserve level.

When I started the thread, I was hoping for that kind of input, so was inclined to take your first post seriously. Turns out you were just being a smart-arse. Hence my response.

WeWonItTwoTimes

Banned
America's Red Cafe Spokesman (behind enemy lines)
What did you expect?

The point of this forum is to discuss up and coming youngsters at the club. There's a fair few people on here who have an amazing knowledge of what goes on, at academy and reserve level.

When I started the thread, I was hoping for that kind of input, so was inclined to take your first post seriously. Turns out you were just being a smart-arse. Hence my response.
Fairy muff, but the ITK's have known about him for a while and have commented on his performances for England schoolboys I believe, where he excelled.

So technically I was in fact contributing to this thread in a helpful manner. *

* Sort of.

68-99-08

FS really pissed off Im missing MUTV this year. Does he stand out in the team and what player would you compare him to?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He's got an apostrophe
In his name
He's got an a-postrophe
In his name
He's got an apostrophe
In his name
An apostrophe
In his name

Red Norse

Any vids of the wonder?

Call me a muppet, but I've just created him on FM :)

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
He's got an apostrophe
In his name
He's got an a-postrophe
In his name
He's got an apostrophe
In his name
An apostrophe
In his name
Would the apostrophe be charged the same as an extra letter when the Megastore puts his name on a replica shirt? I have a feeling the answer is yes.

BlahRules

Reminds me of Ronaldo. Unfortunately the poor lad looks more like Agbonlahor.

Not that I expect him to definitely become BPITW or whatever
So he looks like poor man Agbonlahor but plays like Ronaldo, fat one or the skinny one?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Would the apostrophe be charged the same as an extra letter when the Megastore puts his name on a replica shirt? I have a feeling the answer is yes.
I have a feeling they'll settle for Morrison.

lysglimt

Scout
Nah they would charge you for 2 because it's harder to create :)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
saw him play in the chelsea game too and he looked decent. He missed good a chance where really he should have scored BUT he showed a lot of composure in the first place

He's quick, quite small and can evidently score goals albiet at this level. It's only one game though but I suppose he must be fairly consistant to be rated as highly as he is

OldRed1

saw him play in the chelsea game too and he looked decent. He missed good a chance where really he should have scored BUT he showed a lot of composure in the first place

He's quick, quite small and can evidently score goals albiet at this level. It's only one game though but I suppose he must be fairly consistant to be rated as highly as he is
He's only 15 for Christs sake, this is probably 2 levels higher than he should be at that age.

Addict

Anyone know how many times he has played for the U18's?

I can't find out much about him. I want a pic of him aswell - can't find him on google images!

Virtuoso

Anyone know how many times he has played for the U18's?

I can't find out much about him. I want a pic of him aswell - can't find him on google images!
I remember hearing that he's played 3 times for the Academy and already scored twice which is very impressive. I saw his goal against Blackburn as well when he came on as sub, that goal was very special. He out-paced their back line and then chipped the keeper with incredible composure.

PS18

He's made three starts and one sub appearance in the Academy League, scoring twice (against Everton and Bolton), as well as his one start and one goal in the Youth Cup last week.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's only 15 for Christs sake, this is probably 2 levels higher than he should be at that age.

I wasnt being critical..hello?

hello?

The reserves are probably in the main a good 3 or so years older BUT they're still kids who 99/10 haven't made it yet at their clubs

So while we could say he scores goals - doing it at a higher level will prove it with no doubt

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things

I really don't think he is small for a 15 year old. I predict he'll be about 6ft.

The Physio

How's he progressing? I heard United have appointed an agent for him to keep him out of trouble?

MPTutd

Apparently a national newspaper tipped him over the last week to break through in 2010. Trying to find the article.