Ravel Morrison (Only football related)

tintedsepia

Funny isn't it. Hardly reminds me of Giggs at all. For me Giggs had lightning pace and that was his main attribute.

Ravel's main attribute isn't his pace. He's quick enough, but he deliberately slows the game down and then speeds up.

The similarities are more around their all-round game at the same age - they're both team players and can pass & spot a good pass (although at the same age I'd say Ravel was better at that), they both have an eye for an amazing shot and the ability to pull the shot off, they both have a great relationship with the ball at their feet, they both like running at defenders.

Funnily enough with Ravel's ability to slow the game down - I'd almost say he was more mature at the same age as he seems to be aware of the game. Giggs would get the ball an invariably immediately start running full pelt at their defence - Ravel has more variation.

Not sure he was quite as quick as Giggs though - I remember as soon as Giggs started running with the ball the crowd used to gasp (including the opposition fans).

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Probably stubbed it or something if he's injured himself at home, I thought I broke my toe once after one of my mates closed a door on my foot. I couldn't walk the day after or put any weight on it. I was going to go to the Doctor's but I left it due to my laziness and after a week I was ok anyway.

An injury is the last thing Ravel needs at the moment, I was hoping the Aldershot game would be his time to shine.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
I've broken it as well once, miskicked while out in the street and broke it on the curb :lol:

Took a week before I could do much of anything.

forevrared

I broke my toe once. I got in a fist-fight with my friend and afterwards was angry with myself for having done so, so I kicked a wall. The wall won.

ArmchairCritic

Seems to be maturing a bit on twitter too. Comes across pretty well and doesn't react to to the expected trolling.

Hopefully he'll be involved in some capacity midweek.
Yup I was going to mention this too but I was worried I was reading too much into it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
NO better time for the youth team players like Pogba and Ravel to show Fergie what they can do following a humiliating defeat on sunday.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Did well for the short time he was on against Aldershot. I was impressed with his tracking back he's certainly not lacking in the pace department thats for sure. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the 1st team.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Looks more confident than Pogba to me. Hope to see him a bit more in action as its hard to judge a player for only 20 mins or so

Heffo

Really happy with what was essentially his "real" debut. His mentality off the field may land him in trouble at times, but on the field he has the mentality and confidence of a Manchester United player. From the minute he came on he just seemed so comfortable; showing for the ball, playing his natural games and even having a cheeky enquiry into what Berbatov intended on doing with a free-kick.

Considering he's actually not played much football the last couple of months because of injury makes it even more impressive. Obviously that performance was against a League 2 team when United were already up 3-0, but hopefully the way he seemed to slot into the side with such ease might encourage SAF to include him in a few more matchday squads in the future.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Selected for the U19 for the first time. Good to see!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
As long as we keep him away from the ongoing natural disaster that is Stuart Pearce!
Tactically I'd agree but I'm sure SP will advise him to keep his head straight and listen to the coaches at Utd

Decotron

Think I prefer this thread seeing as the other one is now a fecking train wreck. Cant wait for his next outing in the first team. Should be interesting to see his chemistry with the likes of Rooney and Nani on a bigger stage

ArmchairCritic

Think I prefer this thread seeing as the other one is now a fecking train wreck. Cant wait for his next outing in the first team. Should be interesting to see his chemistry with the likes of Rooney and Nani on a bigger stage
Leave my thread alone! In all seriousness though the thread will recover and everyone will forget, I really hope he's on the bench on the weekend, he's the type of player who lift a team and lord knows our squad could do with some lifting. Bit annoyed myself mind that he didn't get any game time last night, he hasn't played much this season and needs minutes to be honest.

ArmchairCritic

Another one not going anywhere, he might be a little bit mental but I'm certain Ravel loves the club, he's been for what 9-10 years?

ArmchairCritic

He might love the club but people seem to think he doesn't respect it.
Based on what, a few ambiguous tweets? People read too much into shit. He's a Manchester lad and he won't be going anywhere.

Drainy

Based on what, a few ambiguous tweets? People read too much into shit. He's a Manchester lad and he won't be going anywhere.
Well he certainly didn't show respect when he tweeted that the club's award ceremony was a 'load' and when he kicked off about not playing in the reserves. We'll see if the rumours turnout to be true.

Obviously he has great talent and I'd like to see him be given every opportunity to turn it around but ill-discipline can be infectious, if the rumours about him are true it might be better to let him go.

ArmchairCritic

Well he certainly didn't show respect when he tweeted that the club's award ceremony was a 'load' and when he kicked off about not playing in the reserves. We'll see if the rumours turnout to be true.

Obviously he has great talent and I'd like to see him be given every opportunity to turn it around but ill-discipline can be infectious, if the rumours about him are true it might be better to let him go.
Exactly rumours, let the kid breathe. He's a teenager, I suspect sitting around and doing feck all would be boring to a teenager and he won't be the first player to pull a tantrum after not playing either. He's not a negative influence on anyone in the squad, he just needs time to grow up.

Ringo 07

Harry Redknapp’s six to follow in 2012 | The Sun |Sport|SunSport Columnists

Interesting!!

SOME wonderful young talents have broken through to light up the Premier League in 2011 — and I'm hoping that next year will be just as productive.
There's a lot of great young kids around but for every Phil Jones or Jack Wilshere there are dozens more hot prospects who don't live up to expectations.

One of the most exciting youngsters causing a stir is a left-sided attacker at Manchester United called Ravel Morrison.

By all accounts he really is something special.

But search the internet for details of his career so far and you'll probably come up with more about the lad's ability to get himself into trouble.

I just hope Morrison sorts himself out because there is nothing worse than seeing great talent wasted.

The problem with so many young players today is they sign a contract with a Premier League club at 17 and think they've cracked it.

But that is when the hard work is just beginning. And if you don't have character to go with natural talent, you've got no chance.

The rewards for being a Premier League footballer are there for all to see — big houses, fast cars, diamond earrings and all the attention you could want.

But this game demands commitment, discipline and big sacrifices.

For me, it's a no-brainer that someone being paid more in a week than his parents could hope to earn in a year should be prepared to give up the nights out with his mates in return for a fabulous lifestyle.

That's why predicting which young players are going to make it big is always such a risky business.

As well as the obvious distractions off the field, there is also the risk of injury derailing a player's progress.

Plus there's the problem of giving kids enough first-team action without damaging your team's prospects.

A lot of people slag off the Europa League but it was a real opportunity for lads like Danny Rose, Andros Townsend, Harry Kane and Tom Carroll to gain valuable experience.

Now we are out of Europe, I will be looking to loan some of these lads out in the New Year, so they can get the competitive football they just can't get playing in the reserves.

But here are my six players to look out for in 2012.

Hopefully, they will all live up to my expectations and make our game even more exciting in the New Year.

Ravel Morrison, Man United

RAVING ABOUT HIM ... Morrison has the pundits purring
THIS lad could be the great success story of 2012 — or the saddest waste of talent.
All the talk out of United is this 18-year-old wide player is the best young talent to emerge from the club's academy since Paul Scholes, and that really is saying something.

But it seems there is a major problem with his attitude. So much so they're not even sure if he they will be giving him a new contract at Old Trafford in the summer.

He's already had a couple of run-ins with the law and a lot of people at the club are questioning his desire to become a top professional.

But Alex Ferguson raves about this lad whenever I talk to him. And if anyone can sort Morrison out, then it's Fergie.

I don't know the kid and he's only made a couple of Carling Cup appearances but I really hope he can sort himself out and fulfil everyone's expectations of him.

James McClean, Sunderland

CAT TO THE FUTURE ... McClean can make the grade
THE first I knew of McClean was when he came on as a sub during Martin O'Neill's first game in charge of Sunderland.
He's a good, old-fashioned left winger who gets the crowd excited as soon as he gets the ball and whips in just the sort of crosses a striker like Nicklas Bendtner needs.

Steve Bruce took a punt on McClean in the summer and paid £350,000 to sign him from Derry City when other Premier League clubs hesitated.

At 22, he's not exactly a kid. But he will really benefit if John Robertson — one of the finest wingers of all time — follows his old pal O'Neill to Sunderland to become one of his coaches.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arsenal

LION HEART ... Oxlade-Chamberlain is an outside bet for Euros
I KNOW he's already made quite an impact but I reckon we'll see a lot more of this lad in 2012.
The comparisons with Theo Walcott are obvious because they both came from Southampton. But Ox has the potential to be even better because he's bigger and stronger than Theo.

One of his coaches at Southampton even told me he thought he'd end up playing in central midfield.

Because his dad, Mark, was a top pro in his time, Alex has been brought up the right way and I'm told he's a very level-headed lad.

I'm sure Fabio Capello is monitoring his progress with an eye to taking him to the Euros.

Steven Caulker, Tottenham/Swansea

WHAT A CAULKER ... Steven has the bottle
I'VE got big plans for this boy when he returns from his loan spell at Swansea in the summer.
A lot of people probably don't even realise he's a Spurs player because he's been away at Yeovil, Bristol City and now Swansea in the last few years.

We're not short of central defenders at the moment but Steven doesn't turn 20 until next week and we've had great reports on his progress.

He injured a knee a month after moving to Wales and that kept him out for the best part of three months.

But it's no coincidence that Swansea have not conceded a goal in three games since his return.

Ross Barkley, Everton

ROSS THE BOSS ... Barkley has made an instant impression
GOODISON has a long tradition for producing great young kids — and here's another who will be something special.
Andy Holden, the reserve-team boss at Everton, tells me that every Premier League club has been aware of Barkley's emergence for ages. So it's no surprise that the club have just got him to commit to a new long-term contract.

And he couldn't have a better boss than David Moyes to bring him through.

Just turned 18, he's played only a handful of games. But you have to remember he was out for nearly a year after breaking his leg with the England Under-20s.

Jordan Rhodes, Huddersfield

RHODES TO GLORY ... Jordan is on the up
LEE CLARK will do really well to hold on to him in the transfer window.
Four hat-tricks already this season — including four goals at Sheffield Wednesday this month — has made a lot of Premier League clubs take note.

Goalscoring is a natural talent, it's not something you can learn. You're born with it or you're not and Rhodes was clearly born with it.

Quick, strong, good in the air and a natural finisher. The only question is whether he can do it in the top flight?

Ipswich must be kicking themselves for selling him two years ago but I'm told Roy Keane couldn't give him a regular place in his team without hindering the development of Connor Wickham.

PS18

Yet another pundit/journo describing Ravel as a left-sided attacker, bizarre. Amazing how many are fond of talking about him without seemingly having ever watched him!

Aint gota Kalou

I think that's where he'll get chances in the first team initially. I think his long term position is in the middle just behind the strikers though.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Daily Mail reporting that City want to snap up Morrison and Pogba.

When do their contracts actually expire? I still don't know if it's true what media are saying (that both Morrison and Pogba are out of contract at the end of season).

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Daily Mail reporting that City want to snap up Morrison and Pogba.

When do their contracts actually expire? I still don't know if it's true what media are saying (that both Morrison and Pogba are out of contract at the end of season).
Daily Mail have taken their news from Daily Express and we know how reliable Daily Express is.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Jean-Pierre Louvel, the president of Pogba's former club, Le Havre said: "Fifa does not allow contracts longer than three years before a player has reached 18."

So, Pogba could be out of contract in June, but still don't know about Morrison.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Jean-Pierre Louvel, the president of Pogba's former club, Le Havre said: "Fifa does not allow contracts longer than three years before a player has reached 18."

So, Pogba could be out of contract in June, but still don't know about Morrison.
But we have the choice to extend it by a year