Ravel Morrison | Signs for Sheffield United

Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær

Lutefisk is it!
Supports
Moanchester United
Utterly disgraceful!

Romario had comparably questionable attitude to football.

https://ronaldo.com/football-news/football-misfits-romario-the-brazilian-who-surpassed-pele/

Even Romario himself confessed that he was always willing to make an escapade in order to go out partying, especially if there were women involved.

Cruyff explains: “One time, Romario asked me if he could miss two days of training to return to Brazil for the carnival in Rio de Janeiro.

“I replied: ‘If you score two goals tomorrow, I’ll give you two extra days rest compared to the other players.’

“The next day, Romario scored his second goal 20 minutes into the game and immediately gestured to me asking to leave. (Mid game)

He told me: ‘Coach, my plane leaves in an hour’. I had no choice but to let Romario leave for fulfilling his promise.”

Of course, the game was against none other than El Clasico rivals Real Madrid.

And Romario went one better than promised — netting a hat-trick as Barcelona won 5-0 at the Nou Camp.

EDIT : Besty disappeared for a full week to spend time with Mrs Britain and drank himself silly.

Ronaldinho’s former PSG team-mate Jerome Leroy, who told SFR Sport: “Ronaldinho did not train at all on any day of the week. He would just turn up on the Friday for a game on the Saturday.

“That was Ronaldinho. I believe he tried to follow in the footsteps of Romario, who also went out every night, but did not have the same success.”

Leroy also told So Foot: “In the mornings, Ronaldinho would turn up in sunglasses. He would get dressed and go directly to the massage rooms to sleep. Players with his enormous talent are usually a little crazy.”

Wenger on Ozil "He doesn’t practise a lot, we rest him a lot between the games. He is a guy who once the basic fitness is there between the games, he wants to play.”

Ravel wants to be the modern day Carlos Kaiser but perhaps wasn't as talented as the guys who could get away with this behaviour
That Romario anecdote from Cruyff is hilarious. "Coach, my plane leaves in an hour" :lol:

Ravel shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath, let a lone zip code as Romario, Best and Ronaldinho, even Ozil.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Perhaps there's something of a curse when it comes to being highly rated in the youth ranks. Perhaps you're more likely to succeed when you're the second best talent and have more to prove in your formative years while the #1 talents lose the hunger.

Doherty vs Giggs
Quaresma vs Ronaldo
Morrison vs Pogba

Sure there are other examples and plenty of counter examples to go with it
RIP Adrian :(

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
The announcer and referee of Gaz Vs DJS the meet!
That Romario anecdote from Cruyff is hilarious. "Coach, my plane leaves in an hour" :lol:

Ravel shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath, let a lone zip code as Romario, Best and Ronaldinho, even Ozil.
I suppose the difference is these characters had proved it and made it by the point they were taking this piss....

Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær

Lutefisk is it!
Supports
Moanchester United
:lol: Romario wasn't serious about football saying things like that during el classico.
Astonishing
Indeed. Although you could argue that he was so good, he didn't need to be serious. It's a ridiculous level of talent.

I suppose the difference is these characters had proved it and made it by the point they were taking this piss....
Good observation, maybe another factor is the type of "trouble" they went looking for, well, everyone except Ozil.

Robbie Boy

I noticed they signed Zivkovic on loan in January. Wilder must fancy his chances at getting the best of former hotly tipped prospects. Fairly low risk approach and one that could eventually pay off.

MrMarcello

Imagine how great Best, Ozil, Romario, Ronaldhino would have been if they fully applied themselves to the sport. Imagine if they had the dedication of Ronaldo and determination of Messi. Best and Ronaldhino would be in that argument for top five/six of all-time IMO had the former not drank himself to death and the latter carried that world class form from 02-06 another half decade or more.

Stacks

Imagine how great Best, Ozil, Romario, Ronaldhino would have been if they fully applied themselves to the sport. Imagine if they had the dedication of Ronaldo and determination of Messi. Best and Ronaldhino would be in that argument for top five/six of all-time IMO had the former not drank himself to death and the latter carried that world class form from 02-06 another half decade or more.
its crazy to think but you are right. I cannot understand how people can be one of the greatest in the world but skip training, party or not apply themselves in training. Polar opposite to the basketball stars who shoot 1500 jump shots every day. Imagine Le Tissier if he came through now. He would be much fitter and better managed.

Eire Red United

Utterly disgraceful!

Romario had comparably questionable attitude to football.

https://ronaldo.com/football-news/football-misfits-romario-the-brazilian-who-surpassed-pele/

Even Romario himself confessed that he was always willing to make an escapade in order to go out partying, especially if there were women involved.

Cruyff explains: “One time, Romario asked me if he could miss two days of training to return to Brazil for the carnival in Rio de Janeiro.

“I replied: ‘If you score two goals tomorrow, I’ll give you two extra days rest compared to the other players.’

“The next day, Romario scored his second goal 20 minutes into the game and immediately gestured to me asking to leave. (Mid game)

He told me: ‘Coach, my plane leaves in an hour’. I had no choice but to let Romario leave for fulfilling his promise.”

Of course, the game was against none other than El Clasico rivals Real Madrid.

And Romario went one better than promised — netting a hat-trick as Barcelona won 5-0 at the Nou Camp.

EDIT : Besty disappeared for a full week to spend time with Mrs Britain and drank himself silly.

Ronaldinho’s former PSG team-mate Jerome Leroy, who told SFR Sport: “Ronaldinho did not train at all on any day of the week. He would just turn up on the Friday for a game on the Saturday.

“That was Ronaldinho. I believe he tried to follow in the footsteps of Romario, who also went out every night, but did not have the same success.”

Leroy also told So Foot: “In the mornings, Ronaldinho would turn up in sunglasses. He would get dressed and go directly to the massage rooms to sleep. Players with his enormous talent are usually a little crazy.”

Wenger on Ozil "He doesn’t practise a lot, we rest him a lot between the games. He is a guy who once the basic fitness is there between the games, he wants to play.”

Ravel wants to be the modern day Carlos Kaiser but perhaps wasn't as talented as the guys who could get away with this behaviour
So sickening that players like that couldn’t be arsed, most footballers would do anything to to have their abililty.

Eire Red United

If it was a one off game I’d still pick Best and Dinho over Ronaldo and Messi, unreal talents.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
checked Boro line up today out of interest and seems hes gone from starting on the weekend to not in the squad today - so normal service is resumed!

And if any Mod is reading this then the Title needs to be changed, he's officially left Sheffield United and will be a free agent at end of season

Last edited: