Ravel Morrison | Derby player

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Listen lad. I’m not stupid enough to write such a comment without being able to back it up. Ive met the dude and as one of his big admirers I then lost all respect for him. I have posted on a thread dedicated to him I’ll have you know. I met him in JD sports in Stratford about 2-3 years ago. I said hello Ravel how are you and he told me to feck off so before you jump down my throat take a look at my previous posts on him before commenting. Silly tool.
Guess what? Celebrities are people too. They don't have to be constantly 'on' and are allowed to live a normal life.

You have no clue what day he was having nor how he was feeling and then you popped up, mentioned his name and pretended like you're his mate. Not everyone is a people person and I'd imagine even if you were the nicest celebrity in the world, having people come up to you and not just leave you in peace would get grating after a while. Why did you feel the need to go up to him and try and start a conversation if he's just shopping in JD? If the guy wanted to be left alone then he wanted to be left alone and because we know his roots he's probably not in the mindset for being polite when telling people to leave him alone so no wonder he said 'feck off'.

Leave the guy be. There's plenty of stories, endless amounts in fact of celebrities being 'rude' to people when the reality is they just want to be left alone to do their shopping and other menial tasks like everyone else. 'Fans' get wound up that they weren't absolutely wonderful people that wanted to know everything about them and invite them for a pint and become best friends so they call them arseholes or say they've got a screw loose because their expectations (as you said, your eyes 'lit up' when you saw him) didn't match what happened when you approached them.

I saw Ravel Morrison at Sainsbury's in East London three or four years ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
That's a copypasta, I've read that a bunch of times about different celebrities, most recently James Maddison. Are you a bot or are you just copy and pasting?

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Guess what? Celebrities are people too. They don't have to be constantly 'on' and are allowed to live a normal life.

You have no clue what day he was having nor how he was feeling and then you popped up, mentioned his name and pretended like you're his mate. Not everyone is a people person and I'd imagine even if you were the nicest celebrity in the world, having people come up to you and not just leave you in peace would get grating after a while. Why did you feel the need to go up to him and try and start a conversation if he's just shopping in JD? If the guy wanted to be left alone then he wanted to be left alone and because we know his roots he's probably not in the mindset for being polite when telling people to leave him alone so no wonder he said 'feck off'.

Leave the guy be. There's plenty of stories, endless amounts in fact of celebrities being 'rude' to people when the reality is they just want to be left alone to do their shopping and other menial tasks like everyone else.

That's a copypasta, I've read that a bunch of times about different celebrities, most recently James Maddison. Are you a bot or are you just copy and pasting?
To be perfectly clear to you which I should have done in my original post. He was walking towards me and as a passing comment I said hello Ravel. I appreciate these celebrities get approached but I didn’t approach him. It was in passing and I’m not being funny but I was always told good manners don’t cost a thing. I was brought up with the mentality treat people how you wanted to be treated. I said hello to a footballer for god sake. He didn’t have to tell me to feck off. He could have ignored me. People on this thread need to get a grip.

matherto

To be perfectly clear to you which I should have done in my original post. He was walking towards me and as a passing comment I said hello Ravel. I appreciate these celebrities get approached but I didn’t approach him. It was in passing and I’m not being funny but I was always told good manners don’t cost a thing. I was brought up with the mentality treat people how you wanted to be treated. I said hello to a footballer for god sake. He didn’t have to tell me to feck off. He could have ignored me. People on this thread need to get a grip.
Not everyone has good manners. In my experience, most people don't.

Just because you were brought up a certain way doesn't mean other people have to be the same as you.

I agree manners don't cost a thing but I'd think it's a nuisance for a lot of celebrities to constantly have people acknowledge them and we know full well Ravel didn't have a great upbringing and hasn't kept great company so he's not exactly a people person by all accounts.

Like I said, even the nicest celebrity has every right to tell someone to feck off much like you do if they want to. No, perhaps it didn't warrant it but you don't know how annoying he finds it so don't judge him based off your standards.

Imagine not being able to go shopping without someone bothering you? That'd get tiresome for me I know, I'd hate to be a celebrity and not be able to live my life in peace so I'd probably end up telling a few people to feck off every now and then and I'd consider myself a people person that doesn't mind a friendly chat. It's a completely different level of interaction for them, even the lesser known footballers.

You should be more thankful he didn't punch you in the face based off what we know of him.

Again, it's your expectation of meeting a hero and him not matching up to what you wanted. Yes, 'feck off' is a bit excessive but put yourself in his shoes and imagine what it's like having a randomer approach you and say your name like he knows you whislt you're just trying to buy some trackies or trainers from JD. You wouldn't do it to a complete stranger would you? That's all he is in reality. Some people deal with it nice and politely, some don't, that's life.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I saw Ravel Morrison at Sainsbury's in East London three or four years ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Listen lad. I’m not stupid enough to write such a comment without being able to back it up. Ive met the dude and as one of his big admirers I then lost all respect for him. I have posted on a thread dedicated to him I’ll have you know. I met him in JD sports in Stratford about 2-3 years ago. I said hello Ravel how are you and he told me to feck off so before you jump down my throat take a look at my previous posts on him before commenting. Silly tool.

Sounds like a lovely bloke who deserves to be paid 300k a week.

PepsiCola

Before anyone confuses this comment as being truthful, it's an internet meme.

And a rather unfunny one

MrPooni

Sounds like a lovely bloke who deserves to be paid 300k a week.
@Dead Wood Woodward's post was just a silly copypasta.
He was walking towards me and as a passing comment I said hello Ravel.
Every passing revelation about this exchange makes you seem worse and worse. This description in particular actually made the whole thing sound vaguely menacing to be honest. :lol:

MrPooni

Wait, are people falling for copypastas now?
Yes, all the time. In fact I'd argue the vast majority of the planet and a substantial portion of this forum probably have no idea what a copypasta is.

Drainy

I once spoke with Ravel and was asked 'What can change the nature of a man'?

I responded with 'Regret' and then Ravel attacked me.

dabeast

Ravel apparently played a behind closed doors match for Sheffield United against our reserves and Pogba stayed to watch. He has become God-fearing per his social media. He plays in exactly the position, CAM, that we are short on.

Imagine:-

Martial
Rashford Morrison Greenwood
Pogba McTominay
Shaw Maguire Tuanzebe AWB
DDG

Gomes to come in as sub for front 6. On talent alone we would walk the CL.

Fido

Ravel apparently played a behind closed doors match for Sheffield United against our reserves and Pogba stayed to watch. He has become God-fearing per his social media. He plays in exactly the position, CAM, that we are short on.

Martial
Pogba McTominay
DDG

Not really sure whether to laugh or to cry

Foxbatt

There is nothing wrong with his ability. It is is mental state and his commitment that has been the issue all along.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Martial
Pogba McTominay
DDG

Can we just close this thread so people won't laugh at us?

Drainy

Martial
Pogba McTominay
DDG

feckin' Ambien

Bwuk

Really hope Wilder can get something out of him. It's a shame how Morrison wasted his talent.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

Martial
Pogba McTominay
DDG

Why do we always get people wanting to give him another chance? This thread will be bumped in 20 years' time and someone will still put him in line-ups.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why do we always get people wanting to give him another chance? This thread will be bumped in 20 years' time and someone will still put him in line-ups.
I guess it's like the girl you always wanted but never quite got the chance with. Suddenly she's available and you've got a chance, you want to give it a shot just to see if it would work.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I guess it's like the girl you always wanted but never quite got the chance with. Suddenly she's available and you've got a chance, you want to give it a shot just to see if it would work.
Can we please let RAWK have the girlfriend analogies?

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
There is nothing wrong with his ability. It is is mental state and his commitment that has been the issue all along.
What ability? This guy didnt even standout in the swedish league

Foxbatt

What ability? This guy didnt even standout in the swedish league
That is because of his mental state and lack of commitment. HE sure has the ability and all the players he has played from Westham to his Mexican and his European jaunts talk about his ability and his lack of commitment. Natural talent is something that does not disappear. He needs to harness it and get the best use of it and if he has no commitment to practice and do so he will fail.

dabeast

Imagine if Messi lost his way and had to play for a club like Torino or Real Betis. Do you think he would be as committed? The reason we didn’t loan Giggs and are not loaning the likes of Gomes and Greenwood is because absolutely top talent suffers when playing in a bad team and loses interest.

Morrison’s talent is at least as good as Giggs!Gomes/Greenwood and he is behaving similarly to how they would had they been loaned out to the likes of Blackburn or Reading.

His problem was never on the field at Utd, it was off the field. I hope his spirituality helps him quell those demons so he can realize a small part of his immense potential. The universe sometimes does fall into place and I hope the fact that he appears to have played at Carrington this week is a sign that Ole and Woodward, the universe’s agents, tapped him up.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Imagine if Messi lost his way and had to play for a club like Torino or Real Betis. Do you think he would be as committed? The reason we didn’t loan Giggs and are not loaning the likes of Gomes and Greenwood is because absolutely top talent suffers when playing in a bad team and loses interest.

Morrison’s talent is at least as good as Giggs!Gomes/Greenwood and he is behaving similarly to how they would had they been loaned out to the likes of Blackburn or Reading.

His problem was never on the field at Utd, it was off the field. I hope his spirituality helps him quell those demons so he can realize a small part of his immense potential. The universe sometimes does fall into place and I hope the fact that he appears to have played at Carrington this week is a sign that Ole and Woodward, the universe’s agents, tapped him up.
Its hard to say if SAF's handling of Morrison and Pogba at the time was incorrect as he was the master at bringing youth through, but I felt like he needed to dangle the carrot a little more than he did...

Morrison seems the type that if he had been shown that little more of what he was on the cusp of, he could have flown straight instead of going down the route he did.

Similarly, I feel that if Pogba played more, he'd have been inclined to sign a new deal with United.

Last edited:

pascell

He's only just got back to some sort of fitness, he hasnt been in Sheff Utds last 2 matchday squads. Plus, it's probably best for both parties that Ravel revives his career elsewhere.

Red_toad

Its hard to say if SAF's handling of Morrison and Pogba at the time was incorrect as he was the master at bringing youth through, but I felt like he needed to dangle the carrot a little more than he did...

Morrison seems the type that if he had been shown that little more of what he was on the cusp of, he could have flown straight instead of going down the route he did.

Similarly, I feel that if Pogba played more, he'd have been inclined to sign a new deal with United.
Rav wants to make enough money to retire, then go live in Jamaica and smoke weed. He’s not got the right personality to make the best of his ability. It’s a shame, but he’s making a decent living and is doing ok in his personal life.

That is because of his mental state and lack of commitment. HE sure has the ability and all the players he has played from Westham to his Mexican and his European jaunts talk about his ability and his lack of commitment. Natural talent is something that does not disappear. He needs to harness it and get the best use of it and if he has no commitment to practice and do so he will fail.
He had the ability. He'll always have the talent to impress with his technique but he's missed out on so much development he'll never be more than an average PL midfielder now, if that.

matherto

Only against Blackburn in the Carabao Cup but still, something.