Ravel Morrison | Derby player

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Hope he gets his head down and makes a career for himself with them.

The manager seems to only have good things to say about him at the moment, so hopefully that continues and we get to see a bit of the talent he once had.

dabeast

Can’t we get him to annul his Sheffield contract and sign with us as a free agent?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Cleverley is better than him. I hope that sad fact can change throughout the season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'll say this for him, he's had a much more interesting career than the majority of Prem footballers. He's impressed and then flopped in more countries than most of them have been to on holiday.

dabeast

Ravel at Blackburn (youtube.com/watch?v=IX0VxsnJfe4 : sorry, 2 likes away from being able to post links). Why is the person in this video not the perfect answer to our CM problems?

lsd

The Oracle
Ravel at Blackburn (youtube.com/watch?v=IX0VxsnJfe4 : sorry, 2 likes away from being able to post links). Why is the person in this video not the perfect answer to our CM problems?

Because he is playing for Sheffied United reserves

TsuWave

If he does well there maybe he can get his dream move to Arsenal

SparkedIntoLife

There's talk he's already in hot water there, sadly. He was left out of the squad at the weekend after a great performance in the cup. Apparently he put some passive aggressive emoticons on Twitter before deleting them. I hope he gets and stays back on track and goes at least some way towards fulfilling his huge potential.

dabeast

Imagine Ravel playing in last night's Mata role behind Martial with Rashford and Greenwood on either side and Pogba and McTominay just behind. Unbeatable.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Imagine Ravel playing in last night's Mata role behind Martial with Rashford and Greenwood on either side and Pogba and McTominay just behind. Unbeatable.
Unfortunately we can only picture the Ravel we hoped we'd see when he tore it up as a teenager. He's currently behind Norwood and Fleck in the Sheffield United pecking order so I'm not pining for him just yet, though I'd like him to get a chance this season in the PL.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
There's talk he's already in hot water there, sadly. He was left out of the squad at the weekend after a great performance in the cup. Apparently he put some passive aggressive emoticons on Twitter before deleting them. I hope he gets and stays back on track and goes at least some way towards fulfilling his huge potential.
hes a 26 year old attacking midfielder - these are his peak years (not even on the bench for sheffiled united)

Might have the odd flash of briliance but if he fulfilled his potential he would have had our team and the england team built around him and thats never gonna happen (though who knows a good game in January and woody might splaff £20m on him:nervous:)

Raw

Some people really need to deal with the fact that Ravel should never come back :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Ok I'm imagining it. He's shit so I'm imagining him playing very poorly. Now what?

Chipper

Adulterer.
He was last seen getting subbed off at half time for Sheff Utd U23s on September 30th as they were 2-0 down at home against Burnley U23s. They ended up losing 3-0.

Rockets Redglare

He’s absolutely terrible, absolutely miles off this level.

432JuanMata

This is why we are turning into a mid table club people can’t let Academy players or Legends go. This guy is 26 and has done nothing and I mean nothing in football

tomaldinho1

Whenever this story resurfaces it makes me laugh. Kid was obviously great when he was younger but the myth of his ability has been elevated to some mercurial talent that would have gone on to be in contention for the GOAT.

Anyone ever wondered, particularly with our inability to assess to find talent as a club, if he was just massively overrated by those inside the club?

Josh 76

And Januzaj and Rossi as wing backs.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Dude...Ravel was never good and he did NOTHING to prove otherwise at the professional scene. Woo hoo he did good against 16 and 18 year olds that was his peak and there are many examples of that. He has FAILED in every club he has been at.

Many of you should know my opinion on Lingard and if you don't I will tell you...he is absolute garbage...YET he is 5x the player Ravel is and if I was making a team I would pick him over Morrison every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Lets stop this make pretend mentality that Morrison was ever good.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
And Januzaj and Rossi as wing backs.
Don't see why you're disrespecting Januzaj like that. Ravel is struggling at Sheffield United. Januzaj is playing for a team currently tied with Barcelona and Madrid for the leading spot in La Liga.

Ravel isn't even quarter of the player Januzaj is

Charlie Foley

Dude...Ravel was never good and he did NOTHING to prove otherwise at the professional scene. Woo hoo he did good against 16 and 18 year olds that was his peak and there are many examples of that. He has FAILED in every club he has been at.

Many of you should know my opinion on Lingard and if you don't I will tell you...he is absolute garbage...YET he is 5x the player Ravel is and if I was making a team I would pick him over Morrison every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Lets stop this make pretend mentality that Morrison was ever good.
He was good though. You said yourself in this post he was good underage. I wouldn’t expect a Sporting fan to be so disparaging of youth team football :lol:

Poor player now though, sure. Didn’t have the mentality. But let’s not pretend there was never a reason the whole club was hyped about him, including SAF

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He was good though. You said yourself in this post he was good underage. I wouldn’t expect a Sporting fan to be so disparaging of youth team football :lol:

Poor player now though, sure. Didn’t have the mentality. But let’s not pretend there was never a reason the whole club was hyped about him, including SAF
No as I said I think he was above average in the youth setup but that does not always correlate to being good at the professional level. We have had our own experiences at the Sporting academy so I know how it is.

What I am saying is there are People here saying “imagine him behind X,Y, and Z” but it’s hard to imagine Because he never showed anything at the pro level that he did in the youth. It’s an unrealistic thought. It’s like a college basketball star who could never make it in the NBA.

(Me and my basketball examples:lol:)