Ravel Morrison | Sold to West Ham

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Surely deserving of a mains thread now our Ravel. Nice little cameo tonight, worked hard and was always showing for a pass. I genuinely think he's technically ready for first team football but mentally he's a way off judging by some of his off the field incidents. However he does seem to have matured a bit on Twitter, so hopefully today is the start of something beautiful.

I'm going to stick my neck out (to an extent) and say he'll be a first team regular within the next 2 years, provided he keeps his head down.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He looks a real talent. The next step should be 10 minute cameo appearances at the end of games we are comfortably winning.

ArmchairCritic

I liked the arrogance he had too when he was playing, he was supposed to be on the left and he ended up drifting all over the shop doing what he wanted. He even asked Berba to take the free kick right on the edge of their box and hung around even though Berba told him to get lost.

Hal9000

Thought he was brilliant when he came on. Probably our best player in 20 minute period he was on the pitch.

Leg-End

Being part of the first team more often will hopefully mature him, I really hope so given the clear potential talent he has.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Impressed me the way how he kept on demanding the ball and his workrate, looked far more confident than Pogba aswell. Shame about the Injury he had in pre-season, as it looks like that he could've got more appearances.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
He looked fairly composed when on the ball and made some great little runs too. I was impressed with his tracking back. He isn't lacking in the pace department that's for sure.

Sir A1ex

Very impressed by how confidently he fitted in. A couple of exquisite touches, wasn't overawed, but didn't get carried away and try things he couldn't pull off - a rare balance to achieve at his age.

Oh, and was prepared to leg it back at full speed to cover a break as well.

kundalini

Not impressed by his positional discipline. Totally ignored the fact that he was meant to be on the left.

TheReligion

Abusive
Looked the most confident of the young players with good short passing and industry.

Don't think he would look out of place getting involved in the first team if Fergie deems him ready. Infact, an unknown quantity like Morrison might just be the tonic the team needs at the moment after Sunday.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I thought he was bright when he came on. Certainly confident. Stroked the ball around, linked up play, showed for the ball and got involved.

ArmchairCritic

Not impressed by his positional discipline. Totally ignored the fact that he was meant to be on the left.
I don't mind that, I like that arrogance (presuming he wasn't told to roam). He knows midfield is the best chance he's got to get into the first team and he wasn't afraid to show he can do the job there.

BaldwinLegend

Looked the most confident of the young players with good short passing and industry.

Don't think he would look out of place getting involved in the first team if Fergie deems him ready. Infact, an unknown quantity like Morrison might just be the tonic the team needs at the moment after Sunday.
I see your thinking but I hope it doesn't happen - not fair on such a young player to burden him with that, especially as he appears fairly fragile as it is.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
More confident than most other youngsters. He has done well and I hope he gets more chances here and there

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I can easily imagine Fergie just told him to get on and make himself available wherever he saw space. Win was secured so him keeping a position on the left was hardly important. That being said, he did make some defensive runs on the left side, so he didn't totally ignore the left side.

TheReligion

Abusive
I see your thinking but I hope it doesn't happen - not fair on such a young player to burden him with that, especially as he appears fairly fragile as it is.
The way he came on and put himself amongst the big players today suggests to me he is mentally strong enough and has that cocky confidence to make a step up.

He seems to know the difference between forcing a pass and keeping it simple. He retained the ball well and showed some good strength.

I can describe him in one word - Explosive.

He's a player you have to keep your eye on because he can change a game in an instant. I like to see he has a bit of arrogance about him and isn't afraid to demand the ball; that's a trait of a top player. Those of us who've seen him regularly in the reserves already know how much footballing intelligence he has. Keep playing him and he will shine.

datura

Morrison is the sort of player who will move into the space naturally. His awareness of space for his age is very mature as is his vision and use of the ball. He plays the game at his own pace and is such a natural.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
I fecking love him. Second game and he's out there doing all kinds of tricks.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
We discussed the lack of a true playmaker, in order for us to play some kind of a 4-3-3.

Just imagine if Morrison fulfils his potential. He'll be the ideal player in front of two conventional CMs, given license to roam and feed the wingers and the striker.

Of course I'm extraordinarily premature, but you can sense the sort of player he could be. He'll be at his best when given freedom to drift into space and pick openings in opposing defences.

Aint gota Kalou

Essentially his first game as he had no touches against Wolves :lol:

Love the confidence from him, seemed to have a bit of a free role and wasn't scared to get involved. I actually think playing with our senior team will help him if anything, the sort of player he is means he'll probably benefit from having teammates on the same wavelength as him.

I hope he gets a few more chances to impress this season and really stamps his mark on the squad next season.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
That's the thing about him, isn't it? He doesn't seem to give a shit whether he's playing for the reserves or the first team. He knows he's good and just does whatever he thinks is right regardless of the occasion/opposition.

datura

We discussed the lack of a true playmaker, in order for us to play some kind of a 4-3-3.

Just imagine if Morrison fulfils his potential. He'll be the ideal player in front of two conventional CMs, given license to roam and feed the wingers and the striker.

Of course I'm extraordinarily premature, but you can sense the sort of player he could be. He'll be at his best when given freedom to drift into space and pick openings in opposing defences.
The problem is that is basically Rooney's position presently. His route in is probably as a wide left player roaming into space, but you'd need 2 more defensively disciplined players in the middle to compensate.

tintedsepia

Don't mind that so much. I don't think he'll end up as a winger. I think he'll end up in central mifield/Number 10 as he'll give a huge dimension to the game and he has the on-field maturity to understand the game and where it can be unlocked. Has industry and is definitely a team player.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Who needs Sneijder when you've got Morrisson to be all muppety about. He's amazing.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The problem is that is basically Rooney's position presently. His route in is probably as a wide left player roaming into space, but you'd need 2 more defensively disciplined players in the middle to compensate.
So he's basically our Silva :)

Hal9000

The way he came on and put himself amongst the big players today suggests to me he is mentally strong enough and has that cocky confidence to make a step up.

He seems to know the difference between forcing a pass and keeping it simple. He retained the ball well and showed some good strength.
Give him a chance, he's had 20 minutes against a League two side, and about 30 seconds against Wolves last season.

Give him a few more games in the Carling Cup, i'd like to see him given the chance against some of the bigger teams we come across and see how he does.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde

Don't think it's that premature to be honest. If it wasn't for his problems off the pitch I'm pretty sure he'd get a lot more time with the first team than he's gotten. He's turning 19 in a few months and with his incredible talent I'm pretty sure he'll be around our first team next season. If he stays out of trouble that is.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Thought he was brilliant when he came on. Probably our best player in 20 minute period he was on the pitch.
IMO it was clear he was the best player on the pitch for the last twenty minutes.

What are you talking about? Didn't you see him tracking back every time their right winger got forward?
He ran the length of the pitch full pace to try to get a challenge in at 3-0 up with a few minutes to go. I though he showed great responsibility.

He was stroking the ball about with lovely one touch football and the rest of the midfield and defence bought what he was selling and started doing the same. Really enjoyed that cameo.