RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
People talking about Utd just thrashing shit teams and not playing anyone of note are massively missing the point.
You win the league by steamrolling the teams the way they are. He'll park the bus when he plays the big teams, and know he'll fluke some wins, draw some and lose a couple.
I hope to feck they don't win the league, but this is exactly how you do it, not by winning the big games, but by having an excellent record against the rest.

Sensible.

Paxi

Get our form back and we'll be challenging for the title and/or top four as well. Lallana and Clyne returning soon, plus Phil and Mane getting back to their best will help immensely.

/QUOTE]

Umm, I'm struggling here. It's that SMS guy who is always super positive. :houllier:

Paxi

Its incredibly frustrating to see United - who were basically at 6's and 7's for the last three seasons - rebuild over that time effectively and assemble a squad that now, in key areas look reliable, experienced, capable and complete. Genuine title contenders.

It's taken them next to no time really to be at this stage.
The reply

They've also spent a lot of money. It really annoys me that people seem forget this, just because they haven't spent as much as City, it doesn't mean their paupers.

Right... so what the feck does spending money have to do with anything. We've always spent a lot of money. We've consistently broken British transfer records so how old is this guy? Why bring it up now?

OneUnited24

Right... so what the feck does spending money have to do with anything. We've always spent a lot of money. We've consistently broken British transfer records so how old is this guy? Why bring it up now?
What i hate most about that argument is that people are annoyed that a team is spending money to improve the squad. What should we do? Be happy with declining and not investing in the squad ala Arsenal? Are all clubs now expected to spending nothing? For the quality of the league drop like in Scotland?

Johnnyredboots

What i hate most about that argument is that people are annoyed that a team is spending money to improve the squad. What should we do? Be happy with declining and not investing in the squad ala Arsenal? Are all clubs now expected to spending nothing? For the quality of the league drop like in Scotland?
The "spent money" argument is just meant as a stick to beat other teams with that achieve success or suffer failure. eg "team in question only won because they spent X amount" or "team spent X amount and it's funny to still see them being crap"

Every set of fans do it, even us. It's a nothing statement these days.

Reactions: Akshay

OneUnited24

The "spent money" argument is just meant as a stick to beat other teams with that achieve success or suffer failure. eg "team in question only won because they spent X amount" or "team spent X amount and it's funny to still see them being crap"

Still i've never understood it. because 1) its not my money and 2) what else is a club supposed to do? Spend it all on salaries, stadiums and giving fans free season tickets?

Paxi

Good post that.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
Rafa on Liverpool's defensive issues - "if you cover your head, your feet are cold; if you cover your feet, your head is cold."

Lots of affection for Rafa, people say he is dour but quotes like those above show he always is an interesting character.

Paxi

Really really odd bunch. Thats something a drunken feck like me would say to my girlfriend at 03:00 on a Sunday morning with beans and toast all over my clothes.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
TLW is amazing honestly :lol::lol::lol: It's like the liverpool version of the caf

Nogbadthebad

Liverpool spent £40 MILLION on oxlade chamberlain 5 weeks ago. They had money to spend too, they spent it badly.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Was it you?
I should have included the post he was quoting my bad. Basically he was saying we are +19 ahead of them in goals difference terms.

But that if they beat us 4-0 that would be cut to +15. But it wouldn't. It'd be +11 as we'd lose four and they'd gain four.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Honestly think a Rafa win today could send a few on there over the edge.

The mixture of anger, nostalgia, confusion, despair, pride and horniness will be too much to bear.
I can genuinely see some nutters there posting win-win if Newcastle manage a draw.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
TLW
Amazingly despite the season being 7 games in and chelsea for example will have faced 3 top 6 sides before they face 1 (us in their 8th game) we face another top 6 team (which will be our 4th) before they face their 2nd.

It is truly incredible.

After us they have Huddersfield and Swansea.

So after 10 games they will have faced 1 top 6 side.

They actually have Tottenham and Chelsea back to back but not until the last week of October/first week of November.

They then go back on easy street until they get Arsenal and City in December.

No top 6 sides in the busy Christmas period either...but somehow we face Arsenal over that period and Arsenal face Chelsea.

Random they say.
It's almost like the corrupt bastards at the FA sorted out there fixture list 1st , then everybody else's gets slotted in around theres .

GeorgieBoy

Weird isn't it that they care so much about winning a competition they are convinced is corrupt and bias against them...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Gonna backheel myself in the bollocks is what I'm gonna do.
That place seems like the liverpool version of the caf honestly. Some gems in that thread, but they lack the lack of self-awareness that makes RAWK so fascinating

AshRK

Liverpool spent £40 MILLION on oxlade chamberlain 5 weeks ago. They had money to spend too, they spent it badly.
This. I dont know why they and arsenal fans always bring net spend crap. Liverpool did spend close to £80M and if spent properly they could have got some useful players. All klopp does is buy attacking players and then their fans moan about net spend. Liverpool could do wonders with a player like Matic but still their deluded fans will never admit that.

Cal?

CR7 fan
This. I dont know why they and arsenal fans always bring net spend crap. Liverpool did spend close to £80M and if spent properly they could have got some useful players. All klopp does is buy attacking players and then their fans moan about net spend. Liverpool could do wonders with a player like Matic but still their deluded fans will never admit that.
Matic wouldn’t join Liverpool.

AshRK

Matic wouldn’t join Liverpool.
Thats is why I said player like Matic. And maybe had klopp pursued matic actively he could have joined. The fact that klopp did not even think to get some defensive midfielder shows how naive he is.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I love how they moan about our and City’s spending. They tried their best to spend, they just fecked it up one way or another.

Inter Yer Nan

Funny they are claiming the fixture list is fixed and that the premier league knew where teams would be after 6-7 games. To borrow the views of Klopp - Swansea, West Ham, Everton and SouthMpton would be higher. The difference is that they played Manchester United and not Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.