RAWK goes into Meltdown 19/20 Edition

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The lack of self control from Liverpool fans who do flout the rules and choose to congregate will directly lead to deaths.
It certainly will but why should Liverpool fans care? The medical professionals themselves, who spent months pleading with the public to stay at home in order to ease the pressure on hospitals and healthcare facilities, are not only condoning gatherings of thousands of people every single day now, they are championing these mass events and even partaking themselves.

The genie is out of the bottle, I’m afraid. Liverpool supporters will be looking at what’s going on all around the globe these past two weeks and how it’s being pardoned. Who could blame them if they wish to take to the streets around Anfield in the next few weeks?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It certainly will but why should Liverpool fans care? The medical professionals themselves, who spent months pleading with the public to stay at home in order to ease the pressure on hospitals and healthcare facilities, are not only condoning gatherings of thousands of people every single day now, they are championing these mass events and even partaking themselves.

The genie is out of the bottle, I’m afraid. Liverpool supporters will be looking at what’s going on all around the globe these past two weeks and how it’s being pardoned. Who could blame them if they wish to take to the streets around Anfield in the next few weeks?
It’s all rooted in people not being prepared to take individual responsibility and instead being sheep. By all means the Liverpool fans should go and celebrate their title win, but presumably they will be balanced in their response if a loved one dies of Covid-19 in the aftermath.

Buchan

It’s all rooted in people not being prepared to take individual responsibility and instead being sheep. By all means the Liverpool fans should go and celebrate their title win, but presumably they will be balanced in their response if a loved one dies of Covid-19 in the aftermath.
You’re spot on. Individual responsibility is a currency we no longer deal in, it appears.

P.S. The bolded bit... you are aware of which football club we are discussing, mate, aren’t you?

;)

Buchan

By the way, Liverpool Football Club™ are the media darlings so anyone expecting them to be brought to task on any potential self-fellating, rule-breaking mass gathering in the midst of a pandemic in order to celebrate their impending title win hasn’t been Liverpool Football Clubbing very long.

We’ll be regaled with paragraph after paragraph about why the celebrations not only justified but necessary for the psyche of the nation.

macheda14

Well there’s a difference that will probably be lost on Liverpool fans. These gatherings are for a very real and important cause. Celebrating winning the league is not important.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
TLW said:
My sisters went to the same school as Jodie Comer. Unfortunately our paths never crossed as this was in the early 80s and it was called Notre Dame High School then and at that point she hadn’t been born.
Reply said:
This is the kind of in-depth, 'wow factor' post that keeps me coming back here year after year. I feel as if I actually know Jodie now.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Inappropriate Content
Nah, they love this situation. They will have a massive party then when a couple of the Dippers (or unsuspecting people around them) drop dead they'll blame the Police/PL for not protecting them. Then they can add another black arm band to their shirts and go on for years about how the establishment sent them out to die.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
From 2002:
RAWK said:
Try and sign these words to the tune of "Bohemian Rhapsody", and enjoy

Roy Keanian Rhapsody

Mama, just kicked a man.
There's a screw loose in my head,
Because I tried to break his leg,

Fergie, the seasons just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away!

Forlan! Ooh -ooh - ooh,
Makes me want to sigh!
We'd score more goals with Sid James or Kenneth Williams,
Carry On, Camping,
The whole teams just in tatters.

Too late, my crime is done,
Tried to mangle Alfie's spine,
Now he's aching all the time,

Goodbye Mick McCarthy, I've got to go,
Got to leave the squad behind, 'cos I'm a twat!

Veron! Ooh -ooh - ooh
He doesn't seem to try,
I sometimes wish he'd never been bought at all.

(guitar solo)

(Opera Section)
I see a little packaged sandwich filled with prawns,

LAURENT BLANC! LAURENT BLANC!
HE'S JUST SLOW, OLD AND USELESS!

Brown & Neville fighting, very very frightening indeed!!!

WHERE IS RIO ?,
Where is Rio?,

WHERE IS RIO?,
Where is Rio?,

Because Laurents far too slow! He's far too slow-ow-ow-ow-ow.....

I'm just a head-case, nobody loves me!

HE'S JUST A HEADCASE, WALKED OUT ON, HIS COUNTRY!

SPARE US THE WHINES FROM HIS GAFFER IF YOU PLEASE!

Here it comes, Open goal - Forlan must score.

HE WILL NOT!
No! He's simply got to score!

HE WILL NOT, NEVER, EVER SCORE!

No! He's simply got to score!

HE WILL NOT, NEVER, EVER SCORE!

NEVER, EVER SCORE, NEVER, EVER SCORE, NEVER, EVER
SCORE.........

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Oh where is Rio? where is Rio ?
Has he really stubbed his toe ?

Beelzebub take the Nevilles from my side, Oh Please ?

Oh Please, Oh Pleeeeeeeaaaase?

(Guitar riff)

So you think that I punch refs and spit in their eyes?

Would I kick Alan Shearer and leave him to die?

Oh baby, Even though I seem crazy,

I'm Roy the Red, rich, thick and madder each year.

(Slow bit)

All the guys I've clattered.....even poor Alfie!

Now I've got a Court case...........I just want to kick folk, you see ?

Tell me where did Mick go ?

MikeeMike

Well there’s a difference that will probably be lost on Liverpool fans. These gatherings are for a very real and important cause. Celebrating winning the league is not important.
Whilst I dread the game that wins them the league, I’m pretty sure all other clubs’ fans would ignore the situation and celebrate whatever.
What will really infuriate me is when 30-40 ex Liverpool players are allowed into a closed doors match and will (i gaurantee) get involved in trophy ceremony.
Wouldnt be surprised if Gerrard , joint lifts the trophy with Klopp and Henderson.

montpelier

Uppity cos they beat us in the League Cup Final I suppose. And had Abel Xavier, El Hadji Diouf and that cheating twat Stephanie Henchoz on auxiliary goalkeeping duties and getting away with it every other week.

He posts unbitterly.

youngrell

Whilst I dread the game that wins them the league, I’m pretty sure all other clubs’ fans would ignore the situation and celebrate whatever.
What will really infuriate me is when 30-40 ex Liverpool players are allowed into a closed doors match and will (i gaurantee) get involved in trophy ceremony.
Wouldnt be surprised if Gerrard , joint lifts the trophy with Klopp and Henderson.
That would top Terry in the CL final.

padzilla

Hipster
So are Liverpool going to sign Mbappe after they win the league*? I know a few Liverpool fans who are confident it's happening, especially with the Nike deal saying it's going to be like the time Adidas came on board with us and we signed Pogba as a star name.

Redcy

How could they afford Mbappe? No way PSG take a loss, so hey are stumping £100m on one player, after this period too?

Josh 76

300 people are allowed in the stadium.
One of the will defo be Gerrard.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So are Liverpool going to sign Mbappe after they win the league*? I know a few Liverpool fans who are confident it's happening, especially with the Nike deal saying it's going to be like the time Adidas came on board with us and we signed Pogba as a star name.
I mean, it's as good a chance as they'll ever get to sign a player like that, but it feels peak scouse for some of them to be so confident about it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I mean, it's as good a chance as they'll ever get to sign a player like that, but it feels peak scouse for some of them to be so confident about it.
Nah, we have literally 0% to sign him, absolutely none. Some take the Nike deal as an indicator, but FSG apparently have already told Klopp that they are more likely to sit tight after the coronacrisis than spend crazy money. Not only can we not afford Mbappe, bringing him in would also destroy our whole wage structure, with our current top earner on £200k per week.

It's just not gonna happen. I'll be surprised if we sign anyone above £25-30m this summer at all.

Redcy

Nah, we have literally 0% to sign him, absolutely none. Some take the Nike deal as an indicator, but FSG apparently have already told Klopp that they are more likely to sit tight after the coronacrisis than spend crazy money. Not only can we not afford Mbappe, bringing him in would also destroy our whole wage structure, with our current top earner on £200k per week.

It's just not gonna happen. I'll be surprised if we sign anyone above £25-30m this summer at all.
I can see you spending maybe £70m if you can sell a player, I just think pat would want more than £120m, and as you say wages would definitely be more problematic.
There are plenty of other players that would suit Klopp more at sane prices

romufc

I can see you spending maybe £70m if you can sell a player, I just think pat would want more than £120m, and as you say wages would definitely be more problematic.
There are plenty of other players that would suit Klopp more at sane prices
Liverpool are at a point where the team as is now doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. The fans want an expensive shiny toy.

The problem is, they can sign players like Minamino for a good fee to compliment the players they already have which means the starting 11 stays the same. If they want a player to break into the first 11, he needs to be nearing W/C and that comes with a hefty price tag.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They couldn't afford Werner for ~£50m, there's no way they can afford whatever Mbappe would cost and he'll be demanding ~£500k a week when he does move which would absolutely decimate their budget.

So no, Liverpool aren't getting Mbappe.

norm87cro

Lets all just be grateful that there is not going to be any scouse gatherings and a media wank off along that.

crossy1686

career ending
Lets all just be grateful that there is not going to be any scouse gatherings and a media wank off along that.
Those articles are already written, they just have to hit publish on all websites when it's confirmed. I hope there's another riot or something going on when it happens.

Redcy

Are you being sarcastic I can't tell?

There will be thousands on the streets and outside the grounds. Anyone who thinks otherwise is plain insane.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Are you being sarcastic I can't tell?

There will be thousands on the streets and outside the grounds. Anyone who thinks otherwise is plain insane.
I doubt even Liverpool fans will be stupid enough to compromise themselves and others just to celebrate a league title.

Right?

Redcy

I doubt even Liverpool fans will be stupid enough to compromise themselves and others just to celebrate a league title.

Right?
No you’re right, in fact I remember lfc and the fan clubs specifically saying that wouldn’t happen when it was suggested it might be a problem.

well that’s that sorted

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No you’re right, in fact I remember lfc and the fan clubs specifically saying that wouldn’t happen when it was suggested it might be a problem.

well that’s that sorted
See, that's what I thought.

Remember this is Liverpool we're talking about, a classy football club with an equally classy fanbase. Out of respect for the social distancing policy and the safety of their fellow man, I am confident that any title celebrations will be done with common sense in mind, far away from anywhere large congregations of people tend to gather, the stadium included.