RAWK goes into Meltdown 19/20 Edition

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Its very common for opposition fans to downplay a loss by stating the referee biased, the media is lob sided and FA has agendas out right to make themself feel better. Im also not surprised they also pulling city is the best side ever to justify themself considering they play out of their skin and losing only one game whole season and lost the league by 1 point. Its either this end of the spectrum or the the other extreme end for them.
Consider the alternative? You expect them to be fair, non delusional and call a spade a spade? That's simply outrageous.
Its just over compensation. I can understand that. Hilarious though.

montpelier

I tend to believe that Klopp's tactics are a revelation - now I think I understand them. They press in a way that the other teams don't. But he has also got the right players in the right roles - FBs, front 3, VVD. They are all exceptional. He gives up on the MF doing anything other than press, disrupt & get back.

This post ought not to be here though - there is a Liverpool (supporting almost) thread for this kind of stuff.

montpelier

The Club seems to be trying to trademark the word 'Liverpool' (Read 2011 times)
The classes and terms are all football-related whilst if you look at their other trademarks, they also own "ANFIELD", "LFC", "L.F.C" and "YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE" amongst others.
So that's Anfield the geographical area & that fecking dirge of a song from the 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel, then?

There’s a petition to stop it for anyone interested.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
Yeah if you’re a scouser and you want to justify losing the league by a point. It doesn’t hurt so much if you tell yourself you lost to the best team ever does it?
Are you 5?

He said City have cemented their place as the best team ever. cemented isn't just making an argument is it? It’s stating it as fact.
That's your interpretation.

Make an argument all you want doesn’t make you right and certainly doesn’t cement it as fact. People have short memories..

Manchester United 1998-2001: 3 league titles in a row and a treble

Manchester United 2006-2009: 3 league titles in a row, 2 CL finals in a row winning 1 of them to win the double. 2 league cups. A club World Cup.

Don’t come back with “we’re talking only about the prem” that’s bollocks. The extra games make a huge difference to your league form. The fact is city are no way near those 2 sides, you can’t argue with the accomplishments of those United sides.
Well, we were talking about the Premier League only. If you wanted to make it about something else, start another discussion. Anyway, judging who the best team is will always be down to subjective interpretation. City have achieved the highest point total of all time in 1 season, as well as over 2 seasons. You could argue they are the best PL team ever just based on that. The fact that they have reached 3 finals in that timeframe makes for a high game total as well, but I don't really think that should matter when considering the best PL team.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
You must have a special type of resolve to sign up to the caf as a Liverpool supporter and spend time defending them in this thread. Bit like The Netherlands did at the start of WW2 when Germany invaded. Ah feck it, we'll send our 2 tanks and 5 dudes on bicycles.

Just role the feck over you silly muffins.

WireMUFC

Are you 5?

That's your interpretation.

Well, we were talking about the Premier League only. If you wanted to make it about something else, start another discussion. Anyway, judging who the best team is will always be down to subjective interpretation. City have achieved the highest point total of all time in 1 season, as well as over 2 seasons. You could argue they are the best PL team ever just based on that. The fact that they have reached 3 finals in that timeframe makes for a high game total as well, but I don't really think that should matter when considering the best PL team.
Again, he said they had cemented it. Which is completely false.

We’ll do it your way then and talk about the PL, both those united sides I mentioned won the PL 3 years in a row.

You can discount the fact that the 99 side won the treble and 2008 side won the double and a couple of league cups if you want (because both those runs didn’t affect their point totals at all) you just keep ignoring those achievements mate, it would fit in perfectly with your fantasy land way of thinking.

Last edited:

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
You must have a special type of resolve to sign up to the caf as a Liverpool supporter and spend time defending them in this thread. Bit like The Netherlands did at the start of WW2 when Germany invaded. Ah feck it, we'll send our 2 tanks and 5 dudes on bicycles.

Just role the feck over you silly muffins.
I was actually defending Man City, not Liverpool. I don't really have a problem with people making fun of RAWK.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
Again, he said they had cemented it. Which is completely false.

We’ll do it your way then and talk about the PL, both those united sides I mentioned won the PL 3 years in a row.

You can discount the fact that the 99 side won the treble and 2008 side won the double and a couple of league cups if you want (because both those runs didn’t affect their point totals at all) you just keep ignoring those achievements mate, it would fit in perfectly with your fantasy land way of thinking.
It's not completely false. It's false according to your subjective opinion. There is no official, objective way to determine which PL team is the best. Someone else's subjective opinion could be that the best PL team is the one with the most point amassed in a single season. In the end it becomes a question of definitions.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I was actually defending Man City, not Liverpool. I don't really have a problem with people making fun of RAWK.
Wasn't really talking about anyone in general, just the masochism of contributing to this thread as a 'Pool fan.

Fair fecks to you though :)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Caption this.
Mane : "Hello yes, Kloppo I'm on skype, can you hear me? turn on your webcam too"
Klopp : "No sound, I can't hear"
Mane : "But you can! otherwise how were you able to tell I was talking?"
Henderson : "Just tell him bad signal, boss"

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
This made me laugh as he’s a Liverpool fan on Man United forum and in a thread that’s made to make fun of his team. It’s a bit small time..
Liverpool fans. The definition of small time.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Younguns did good. Much rather see them try and take it to City over midfielders if Mo and Bobby aren't ready.
Shite performance.

Play the kids against Man City - they look more up for it.

Looking forward to our big guns coming home
We we're better with the kids. 2 more friendlies to go
Shame the youngsters didn’t come on sooner, they played well.
Just shows Klopp is putting being fit for the season ahead of 'pleasing the fans'

Fitness-wise today was spot on. The result doesn't matter.

Midweek I doubt we'll be fully fit - we probably won't be 100% until November - it's a long season.

3-0 - some decent points. Please can we have a new number #2
Them midfielder runners fecking killed us today. Especially down the right. Ancelotti is a great tactician
Not worried about our fitness for Norwich as it’s another week but the community shield may not be fun
On the plus side the players look seething, not sure we'll see another performance like that for a while.
At the same time though the justification for not strengthening is to not block the path of a youngster, yet we'd rather shuffle players out of position than pick them.
Give Klopp a ring and tell him how he should make better paths for youngsters, as he has no obvious experience in dealing with talented youngsters in his career.

Let us know how that goes
Maybe Klopp put out the 9 central midfielders to show the owners we don’t have any pacey attacking midfielders. Where’s the Coutinho money John?

El Zoido

Haven't won any pre season games. Obviously they're not worried... or are they?
They shouldn’t be. I don’t have the stats on it, but I could swear that every time we had a bad pre-season we’d do well in the league, and whenever we’d have a good pre-season we wouldn’t. I find it doesn’t make a huge amount of difference.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Hope they’ll have a similar season to Dortmund when they went off the boil and almost got relegated.
Although and correct me of I’m wrong, they’ve started Mignolet for most of their matches, he’s one of the worst keepers in the world at any level.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
They shouldn’t be. I don’t have the stats on it, but I could swear that every time we had a bad pre-season we’d do well in the league, and whenever we’d have a good pre-season we wouldn’t. I find it doesn’t make a huge amount of difference.
1 win, 3 draws and 2 losses last pre-season.

Moyes had 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses against poor opponents. SAF's last season was 3 wins and 3 draws.

Just looking at the results is wrong. Looking at last season's pre-season it was obvious we were going to start the season struggling as we were missing too many players and too many were starting the season unfit. With the way it played out we might as well have skipped it. This season the fitness is a lot better (no international tournaments getting in out way). The difference for Liverpool is that last season they were playing their whole pre-season with their whole squad minus 1 squad player. This season they aren't and they struggle. Wouldn't surprise me to see them off to a worse start this season as a result.

El Zoido

1 win, 3 draws and 2 losses last pre-season.

Moyes had 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses against poor opponents. SAF's last season was 3 wins and 3 draws.

Just looking at the results is wrong. Looking at last season's pre-season it was obvious we were going to start the season struggling as we were missing too many players and too many were starting the season unfit. With the way it played out we might as well have skipped it. This season the fitness is a lot better (no international tournaments getting in out way). The difference for Liverpool is that last season they were playing their whole pre-season with their whole squad minus 1 squad player. This season they aren't and they struggle. Wouldn't surprise me to see them off to a worse start this season as a result.
I was thinking more about the Fergie years as a good parallel. Liverpool are already a good side and don’t need to change much.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I was thinking more about the Fergie years as a good parallel. Liverpool are already a good side and don’t need to change much.
Yea the Fergie years the pre-season was just whatever. We rarely had a game like the one we just had against Spurs that felt basically like a real match. Friendlies feel a bit different now a days with the club now being used to playing on different continents and against proper teams for the most part which also matters.

No Idea For Nickname

Will be a tough season ahead.. Not like we ain't use to that
Its always tough, do you invisage some other reaons for this?
I just hope people aren't expecting another 97 point with a single loss season.
That’s the spirit!
Be prepared for epic meltdowns on here
no, they are expecting better.

The first dropped points this season is going to a war zone in here, plenty will already have their ammo ready, I for one won't be anywhere near the LFC forum part of the site!
We should have just played a bunch of pub teams if this is the reaction a loss creates.
it’s a pre season friendly... do you think we’ll be all guns blazing before the start of the season?? let’s go and get a few of our keys players injured while we’re at it a?
We’re fine, these are glorified training sessions and to be honest there’s too many of them considering we got a charity shield and the other big money spin cups to play, before the season really gets going.

passing-wind

Would much rather have Liverpool's issues as opposed to ours. At worse a bad season is for them to challenge for a champions league fourth spot. At best a fourth spot would be the highlight of our season, it's embarrassing how far this club has fallen.

No Idea For Nickname

From their ManUtd thread:

Well that's it. We might as well give up now and get ready for relegation

===========================================

From Red Cafe..

--------------------------------

The holy trinity 68 said: ↑

I hope I don’t jinx the coming season, but I don’t think this Liverpool team is actually that good. On paper they aren’t a great side at least.

Klopp and his tactics have them playing out of their skin but I don’t think the majority of their team individually are anything special.

They have had 2 golden seasons, but I think that they have just been in great form along with minimal injuries to key players and a lot of luck with no VAR being in place.
and then they woke up:
How long are rival fans going to continue peddling this VAR guff? If we had VAR last season, Kompany probably would have seen red at the Etihad. If we had VAR last season, Maguire probably would have seen red when we played Leicester at Anfield (I believe Keita should have had a penalty in that game too). How about Mane's incorrectly disallowed goal at the Emirates?

It always seems like fans are quick to point out poor refereeing decisions that go our way but like to turn a blind eye when it goes against us.
haha thats a cracker. So basically we have been on a 2 year spell of form and have got all the decisions going our way, and even though we've lost 2 of our big signings in Ox and Keita and one of the best young centre backs around in Gomez for long periods, along with Lovren, Lallana and Firmino having spells out, we've been lucky with injuries. Oh and the majority of our team are't special - dunno about that tube, but I class Alisson, Van Djik, Robertson, TAA, Fabinho, Mane, Salah, Firmino as the majority of our team and if he thinks they ain't special he's more deluded than I thought.
He's really hoping that we're somehow going to fade soon. On the contrary, we're only going to improve.
Its now hard to tell if this is the Manc thread or the Everton one. Isnt it bloomin marvellous how far they have fallen. I think they still havent reached their nadir either.

No Idea For Nickname

Heavy investment into the squad. Pacey young and hungry winger, world record center back and 55 milion defensive full back. I expected bigger refreshment of that poor squad from them but they somehow stabilize the defence, yet they give struggling De Gea an astonishing new deal. They will never learn.
The BBC report on their win today is hilarious. Martial "rejuvenated", all their goals scored or assisted by academy players. They're back.
Won all their pre-season friendlies. They are BACK
Have this shower of shit been rinsed by Leicester for Herman Munster yet?
FFS. Looks like scumbuckets Real Madrid have succeeded in getting Bale off their books. Not only was I hoping he'd spend the next few years as a £550k/week millstone round their necks, but they're now likely to give Man Utd a 'get out of jail' card and actually pay a huge fee for Carlton Pogba-Pogba.

Life just isn't fair.
I doubt that even Solskjaer is that stupid. Bale basically has a negative value on the market, with that salary. Bit like Sanchez. Sanchez vs Bale could be a bizarre but good deal for both clubs.
Bale is rumoured to be going to China. RM got ripped in a friendly by Atletico 3-7 thing morning so ZZ will be desperate to get Pogba into his midfield.

Gasolin

For a working team like Liverpool, some preseason losses should not be a big deal. They just have to see their first 10 games and assess.
For a team like United who did well after Ole came and crumbled, preseason is critical and so far, it is encouraging. The first 10 games may be good.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
Highlight of the match probably when the ball was twatted hard into the crowd and a guy caught it cleanly, and a guy behind him shouted "have a go in goal!".

Irrational.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48969062

So they’re in the running for seven trophies this season. This should be added to the thread title - “the quest for seven trophies”.

I wonder how many of them they’ll win, as they haven’t massively upgraded their squad. I reckon fatigue will play a big part this season, and they won’t get as lucky with injuries as they did last season.

Dolf

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48969062

So they’re in the running for seven trophies this season. This should be added to the thread title - “the quest for seven trophies”.

I wonder how many of them they’ll win, as they haven’t massively upgraded their squad. I reckon fatigue will play a big part this season, and they won’t get as lucky with injuries as they did last season.
An injury to Van Dijk and they will concede twice as much

montpelier

We go again.

And this is possibly the most complete match preview I've seen ever - it's got practically everything in it. It's also articulate & knowledgeable, but feck me it goes on a bit & then it goes on some more & then some more again.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343413.0

Jaysus that was a brilliant read. Fair play. Although I will be passing those opinions off as my own when out with the lads at the weekend. I feel so well educated footbally right now, the BBC could sign me up
Hopefully we belt them though you get the feeling this is one of their biggest games of the season outside of any league meeting with us, any cup meeting with us and any CL meeting with us. Totally obsessed. Players, staff and supporters. All roads lead to us.
I'd like to win to shut them up a bit, gobby manc tarts.
feck Man City!
I will be aggrieved to lose anything to this lot - tiddlywinks, snot velocity or douche nozzle circumference.

While I am on board about this not affecting the league or ECL (unless a major injury occurs to either side), my singular fantasy this year is to ride rough shod over this lot like we are wiping the splatter of light blue color of Papa Smurf off the pavement from our forever running Liverpool parade bus -- going from fecking champions parade to another.

I know Jurgen said there was no Charity Shield parade nor have our boys in red even gotten to previous pre-season form, but all I want to see tomorrow is Sergio Aguero cry out: No Mas.

montpelier

And an early contender for the most unaware whopper of the season.

Ole twice quoted as saying "WE ARE MAN UNITED" in that article. Once about not overpaying, and one about not having to sell players.

They need to get that printed onto t-shirts.
And partially linking to that, their team bus has been rewritten, which I hadn't seen. Obviously it wasn't looking quite pretentiously wank enough already.

big rons sovereign

They're mentally ill.
I saw a article on how Harry Maguire's price has multiplied in such a short time, no sooner had somebody pointed out that vvd increased by more and in a shorter time, thread was flooded with 6 times, and pictures of 6 trophies, mostly by weirdos with 6 in their name, one even claims to be Scouse, not English.
What a strange lot.
It would be so satisfying to see them crumble this season.