RAWK goes into Meltdown 19/20 Edition

Zoo

Proper fuming over there. What they always mock Everton fans for :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'It's their cup final,' say the fans who haven't seen their team win the title since 1066.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Bottle job incoming. Earlier than usual this year.
Please let it be true. As much as it pains me watching City lift the title, the sight of Liverpool lifting it would be unbearable.

Positive spin would be, At least Stevie G and Carragher never got to win it.

wolvored

tbf we handed them the initiative with the timid 2nd half tactics. we can take the piss all we want, but we are light years behind them, trophy winning wise.

Ban

Last season a draw at 0:0 and at Everton was instrumental in them losing the league. I hope this result will put a dent in their run.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've never known anyone more deluded than their fans. It's weird as feck.

"The usual shit of dodgy decisions, dodgy refereeing"

That they can't see it's gone their way for so long is mind boggling. Or that the decisions were all correct, apart from a couple of yellows that possibly should've been (one for them equalling a red, and one or two for us).

Not to mention they keep making out like the current situation is the norm and always has been.

A proper odd bunch of people.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dont want to be a dick, but a point at Old Trafford being the cause of a RAWK meltdown seems like a bad thing.

SteveJ

Scout
RAWK said:
I was so livid at that at that so called Referee all first half, totally lost it when they scored, was watching in the other room alone then when VAR gave it I just blew my top just as my youngest walked in to see what the commotion was, just made eye contact as I threw the remote at the sofa, and then effing and blinding when VAR cancelled our goal, my other half walked in took the remote and sat down and put on the news and then NFL soon after.

Tyrion

'It's their cup final,' say the fans who haven't seen their team win the title since 1066.
That's the bit that gets me. They've been well ahead of us for 2 years now and for Rodgers 2nd last year. I think they just want to throw all the insults at us that we give out to them even if it doesn't fit.

Tyrion

Just had a quick look on Facebook and it's really got to them.
I read the report on the match in the guardian and they were raging in the comments too. Apparently the refs are on our side and yet we're mid table.

SteveJ

Scout
TLW said:
A point at Greyskull given that we were heading for nothing is never a bad thing.
*facepalm*

SteveJ

Scout
'Find out more in my new book Suarez Was Innocent'.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Refs' fault
Solskjaer: “He let it become a proper football game with tackles. He wasn't one of those tippy-tappy, stop-the-game referees. It’s not very often we praise the refs but I think he [Martin Atkinson] did well.”

"We can praise the referees and he played it as a game should be like a derby, he let things go and that passion on the pitch he allowed to go went to the stands as well"
£30000 gold Rolex incoming.
I'm sure my neighbours would have been close to calling the cops during that. I don't think I've ever been as fecked off with a ref in all my life. fecking raging. It's so fecking blatantly obvious the c*nts did everything to stop Liverpool winning this game. VAR can feck off, because if it can't, then there's no point for linesmen or refs making their own decisions anymore. fecking joke.
Being in a losing position is better
Kinda glad we were down 1-0 at a point since we got to see Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita and Lallana.

nainaisson

tbf we handed them the initiative with the timid 2nd half tactics. we can take the piss all we want, but we are light years behind them, trophy winning wise.
I wouldn't mind the tactical change if we were at least 2 goals up, like we were the last time we beat them at Old Trafford, but doing it so soon just made the final score inevitable. At the same time, it's usually a miracle when we manage to score a goal, so maybe expecting another one was too much for Ole.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Who even is this blue tick wanker?
He's actually a very good writer on Liverpool who has done studies on the bias of referees towards giving more pens to British players compared to foreigners.

There's been a clear trend over the past few years proving this to be true.

Edit to add that this applies to all teams and not just Liverpool.

Double edit cos I'm forgetful. Also shows that foreign defenders get penalised for giving away more pens than their British counterparts .

big rons sovereign

He's actually a very good writer on Liverpool who has done studies on the bias of referees towards giving more pens to British players compared to foreigners.

Double edit cos I'm forgetful. Also shows that foreign defenders get penalised for giving away more pens than their British counterparts .
You're joking right? There's white text aplenty.
Edit, no white text. This is utter tosh.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

His statistical writing would be worth a look if he wasn't so childishly biased elsewhere. We're talking about a grown man who tweets about Ole Gunnar Atkinson...

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
You're joking right? There's white text aplenty.
Edit, no white text. This is utter tosh.
It's honestly not tosh. The numbers back it up. It's not just a Liverpool thing either. It's leaguewide.

His statistical writing would be worth a look if he wasn't so childishly biased elsewhere. We're talking about a grown man who tweets about Ole Gunnar Atkinson...
Like a lot of fans he can tend to get a little too emotionally involved in the biggest games against rivals.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Like a lot of fans he can tend to get a little too emotionally involved in the biggest games against rivals.
The guy has a platform and an audience and acts like a hysterical child. He's an absolute whopper.

It's very similar to the way I constantly see Liverpool fans react on social media, but at least they don't have the audience he does.

GBBQ

It's honestly not tosh. The numbers back it up. It's not just a Liverpool thing either. It's leaguewide.

Where is the analysis?

Treble

Not RAWK but wow...

Atkinson helped Liverpool last season: he helped Wolves draw with City (they scored with a hand-ball from offside position) and then didn't give a clear pen for a foul on Aguero at Anfield. Karma is a bitch.

I can't decide whether Atkinson is incompetent or just "politically correct". Since Liverpool were leading with 8 pts, he thought that it wouldn't harm them too much if some 50/50 or even 60/40 fouls are not given. Thought the pen with which Liverpool won against Leicetser was a bit soft and the foul on Origi was soft-ish too. He exaggerated the contact.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Where is the analysis?
It'll be on his website, The Tomkins Times. Not sure if it's a members only article or not.

I'm off to work now but will check later if you don't do so yourself .

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
They've got used to having everything single thing go their way for a very long time now. One game where it doesn't and their fans, manager and deified journalists lose their collective shit. It's lovely and hopefully it continues.

big rons sovereign

Atkinson helped Liverpool last season: he helped Wolves draw with City (they scored with a hand-ball from offside position) and then didn't give a clear pen for a foul on Aguero at Anfield. Karma is a bitch.

I can't decide whether Atkinson is incompetent or just "politically correct". Since Liverpool were leading with 8 pts, he thought that it wouldn't harm them too much if some 50/50 or even 60/40 fouls are not given. Thought the pen with which Liverpool won against Leicetser was a bit soft and the foul on Origi was soft-ish too. He exaggerated the contact.
Exaggerated? He flipped into the air in the wrong direction like he'd been hit by a car. He had no intention other than to throw himself on the floor as the ball approached him, everybody could see that. Well, everybody except Liverpool fans.