RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

Skills

Snitch
Getting twitchy because they know they've a history of bottling it.

Ultimately, they entered the second half of the season as clear favourites, and were riding a massive, massive high. They got through a tough CL group with a crucial win in the last game, and hit the halfway stage of the league season 7 points clear, unbeaten, and had won 8 games in a row. Going into the City game they had the opportunity to go 10 points clear with 17 games left, extend their winning run to 10 games, and were looking at their next 5 games being Brighton and West Ham away, and Palace, Leicester, and Bournemouth at home, while City have to host Arsenal and Chelsea, so would hope to extend their lead further, or maintain it at the very least.

Had they won last night, they'd have pretty much wrapped up the title. Now that cushy run of fixtures has just that little bit more pressure on it, especially with the three games following including trips to Old Trafford and Goodison.
Game at Goodison is a win. Everton always bend over for them.

We'll do them at OT though, but we'll also beat City at OT too.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

I don’t think we’ll beat City (they’ve got a great record at Old Trafford recently, frustratingly enough) but I fancy us to beat Liverpool at home.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

They bend over at Anfield, but Goodison isn't always as straightforward. They've won just one of their last 6 league visits there, and that was 1-0 courtesy of a 94th minute winner.

Skills

Snitch
I don’t think we’ll beat City (they’ve got a great record at Old Trafford recently, frustratingly enough) but I fancy us to beat Liverpool at home.
We usually do both of them once a season. I reckon we'll get one over both of them by the end of this season too - maybe we'll do City in the FA Cup or the CL :D

Deleted member 101472

They bend over at Anfield, but Goodison isn't always as straightforward. They've won just one of their last 6 league visits there, and that was 1-0 courtesy of a 94th minute winner.
Seriously how do you always have this stuff at hand. Do you do quick research or are just a football knowledge diety?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Seriously how do you always have this stuff at hand. Do you do quick research or are just a football knowledge diety?
I tend to remember things like "Liverpool haven't had great success at Everton in recent years" but will quickly google to check how many seasons that covers. I did remember the late winner though. #MemoryMan

Deleted member 101472

I tend to remember things like "Liverpool haven't had great success at Everton in recent years" but will quickly google to check how many seasons that covers. I did remember the late winner though. #MemoryMan
It’s impressive. Keep up the good work, your posts are one of the better things about this forum xxx

clarkydaz

Liverpool fan on talksport last night couldn't fathom why neutrals wouldn't want Liverpool to win the league. "look in your heart" he said trying to reason with Cundy and Goldstein, who quickly shot him down. "LOOK IN YOUR HEART" :lol:

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Liverpool fan on talksport last night couldn't fathom why neutrals wouldn't want Liverpool to win the league. "look in your heart" he said trying to reason with Cundy and Goldstein, who quickly shot him down. "LOOK IN YOUR HEART" :lol:
That's the thing, we all did look in our hearts and each one of us has a small black spot where the hatred for that scummy club lives.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Guardian said:
There is no disputing what happened at the Etihad on Thursday. Or at least not beyond crazed conspiracists who within hours of the final whistle were already talking about shadows and angles and the grand anti-Liverpudlian plot that is geometry.

SteveJ

Scout
A 'neutral' journalist wrote the following:
Independent said:
Liverpool inflicted on City the idea that they might just be the better team. Still four points to the good, that margin will sustain them once the disappointment of this mugging in Manchester has left them. City were ran out of shape in the first half here, ragged under the weight of the red swarm. From somewhere City rediscovered enough of their best to take the lead against the run of play and nick the winner on the break. It was a novelty to see City sweat like journeymen.

haram

Well yes. Since Liverpool is the "neutral's" team, of course all balanced and unbiased neutral articles would read like a fan's wet dream.
Most neutrals do not want Liverpool to win it. It’s only the media that want the scouse to finish top.

Fridge chutney

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm well aware. All "neutrals" I know dread the prospect of Liverpool winning it.

Actually this Squires piece sums it up quite hilariously. And the comments are worth a read too. Gives you a sense of what the neutrals actually think.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...all-and-liverpool-dominant-run-premier-league
That's brilliant. Also extremely close to the mark for me on the home counties in the 80s line.

I grew up on a council estate in Hampshire and was surrounded by Liverpool supporting, crown paints / Hitachi sponsored replica shirt wearing dick heads.

In 1989 after Thomas scored at anfield I literally ran out into the street screaming with joy.

Irrational.

Exactly, but the media seems to be obsessed with them.

Anyway, a thread will appear in due course.
The BBC Sports has an article on its homepage with the title "Why first defeat will not knock Liverpool's title belief".

They're desperate for Liverpool to win this season. The love-in is disgusting.

DavidDeSchmikes

The BBC Sports has an article on its homepage with the title "Why first defeat will not knock Liverpool's title belief".

They're desperate for Liverpool to win this season. The love-in is disgusting.
it was written by Mark Lawrenson. This is a man who if his match predictions were correct would see Liverpool go undefeated for two seasons

man united 4eva

Taken from the Mail online :

Deluded Kopite.., Stockholm, Sweden, 1 hour ago

The ball was over the line in reality. The groundsmen had marked the goal line 12mm wider than what it should have been.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveJ

Scout
Lovren's been doing interviews again...so that's Liverpool's title challenge over.