RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

RochaRoja

That's a parody account.
I’ve seen plenty of them whinging about it though.

The same people who would say “We’re not English, we’re Scouse” and celebrate when the English national team is knocked out of tournaments. Their lack of self awareness is laughable.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

For anyone who ever - EVER - feels these bastards deserve some sympathy or victories on the field of play, just remember exactly who you are dealing with. They are the most deceitful, dishonourable, offended-by-everything-ashamed-of-nothing bunch of football fans to ever set foot in a football ground. If they never won a football game again, I still wouldn’t be fully satisfied.

Never, ever forget their true colours.

Pav1878

For anyone who ever - EVER - feels these bastards deserve some sympathy or victories on the field of play, just remember exactly who you are dealing with. They are the most deceitful, dishonourable, offended-by-everything-ashamed-of-nothing bunch of football fans to ever set foot in a football ground. If they never won a football game again, I still wouldn’t be fully satisfied.

Well said.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

I don't get it

SER19

Best fans in the world. How is that myth sustained. Paranoid scum

RochaRoja

Best fans in the world. How is that myth sustained. Paranoid scum
The fans with that banner are twats but using it to slander all Liverpool fans as "Scum" is pretty twattish too.

Can't we take the piss out of them without this "ashamed of nothing" nonsense?

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance

This.

SER19

The fans with that banner are twats but using it to slander all Liverpool fans as "Scum" is pretty twattish too.

Can't we take the piss out of them without this "ashamed of nothing" nonsense?
Apologies yes that comes across as a broad brush I'm using. And it's unfair. I will say though that in all my years following football and going to games that while every single club including us has an unfortunate group of scum attached, there is a class of behaviour punctuated by bitterness anger and paranoia that is unique to Liverpool fans and incredibly rears its head among their staff, players and advertising more than most clubs would allow

Stookie

Nurse bell end

In a nutshell.

beedoubleyou

"They have sponsors, we have believers."

They literally tried to make it sound like their sponsors, sorry, believers are nobler than other clubs' sponsors. That is a different level of delusion. Proper cult stuff all around.
They share Lavazza sponsorship with Arsenal.

mav_9me

I think If they don't win anything for the next two season, Liverpool will decline down a lot, Salah, Mane, Van Dijk, Firmino are all nearly 30 or over by end of the next two season, and if they don't see any progress, they'll leave to join the likes of Juve, Bayern or PSG, etc to win some trophies, they don't want to end their career with no major trophy. Klopp will be leaving in 2022 if he doesn't extend the contract and hasn't won anything.
Mane and Firmino are 27 and Salah is 26. They are in their peak.

Now I don't think they will win the title next year because they have had incredible luck this year to get the points total they have (which tbf you need to keep up with this financially doped city team). They are not going to have the same luck next year whether they win the title or not.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If they don't win this year I also think the sheer momentum will be very difficult for Klopp to regenerate. He's obviously a manager that relies very heavily on motivation, and his team rely heavily on energy. It's pretty amazing that they've made it this far into a busy year - I always thought his strategy would result in poor April/May results because the players are done (see Pochettino).

But doing that for two years in a row is really tough.

All that said, I have a sneaking suspicious City will draw on Monday night, and Pool will win it, unfortunately. They're nailed on to get a soft pen against Newcastle in what should be a tough match.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If the roles were reversed Liverpool fans wouldn’t be saying “oh I’d like united to win, they play nice football”. Don’t kid yourselves.
They deserve no empathy from United fans

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mane and Firmino are 27 and Salah is 26. They are in their peak.

Now I don't think they will win the title next year because they have had incredible luck this year to get the points total they have (which tbf you need to keep up with this financially doped city team). They are not going to have the same luck next year whether they win the title or not.
This last part is so true but pool fans seem to ignore it and claim all top teams get luck.
Yet we can all quote 5-6 instant examples of real luck with pool but not city, despite disliking both.

This is why i find it hard to believe they will improve. They will not get more points next year!

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Lineker an ex Barca player and Ferdinand a Utd legend...

And the Official Liverpool Twitter chooses to post that...

Wow. Utter morons.
It's not the official one though.
Still laughable that they'd expect Rio & Gary to not cheer.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Lineker an ex Barca player and Ferdinand a Utd legend...

And they choose to post that...

Wow. Utter morons.
It's not the official one but is well worth a look... I'm not sure if it's parody (based on some of their other tweets) or just sad like RAWK. Have a look at some of the other comments from that night.....

"Klopp : People will want to talk about Lionel Messi tonight. Why? For 89 minutes he was outplayed by Fabinho."

"FT: Barcelona 3 LFC 0 At the end of a day on which our wonderful fans were vilified, Lady Luck donned a Barcelona shirt and led them to a fortuitous win over a rampant Reds side."

My Mum has told me a million times not to generalise but in over 40 years, I've still to meet a sane, balanced, non-bitter Liverpool fan. Maybe I've just been unlucky.

fergosaurus

Barca my second favourite team, but there is something that stuck in my craw the other night, would love to send these packing, and yes call me out if you want but i hope to fecking god that Suarez and Coutinho get lynched. Arrogant little feckers the pair of them. Lets see how Coutinho's back has healed with some really hard challenges. Any chance Fabinho can put his country allegiance aside and wallop the little shit nice and early. As for Suarez, loved him, i really did but now its time to exorcise his ghost. Time for Salah to upstage him with his serenity and clam demeanour literally a battle between good and bad.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
It's not the official one but is well worth a look... I'm not sure if it's parody (based on some of their other tweets) or just sad like RAWK. Have a look at some of the other comments from that night.....

"Klopp : People will want to talk about Lionel Messi tonight. Why? For 89 minutes he was outplayed by Fabinho."

"FT: Barcelona 3 LFC 0 At the end of a day on which our wonderful fans were vilified, Lady Luck donned a Barcelona shirt and led them to a fortuitous win over a rampant Reds side."

My Mum has told me a million times not to generalise but in over 40 years, I've still to meet a sane, balanced, non-bitter Liverpool fan. Maybe I've just been unlucky.

It's a parody, the fountain tweet made me laugh

fergosaurus

I searched to see how many times Rafa would be mentioned in the OP in the match day thread for tonight's game. Five times, la.

Not that they're obsessed or anything.

Here we are then. I chose this game partly because it was months away and partly because it would probably be a ‘dead rubber’. You know how it goes, fourth secured a couple of game out before the seasons end. A decent showing in the Champions League but it was never going to be like last year. Surely that wasn’t possible?
None of this has come to pass and I’m left with the pressure of producing something readable as we steam towards a potential double!

I’ll come clean – I’m a Rafa disciple. I’m of that age were I grew up during the last throws of the Reds glorious period of success and the drudgery of what was to come after that.
From scraping into the champions league at the end of the season in 04 to ending up winning it under the guidance of Rafa.
It was the stuff of dreams and hero status was assured forever (from me at least).

Over the next few year we had some glorious nights in Europe and, of course, a right good go at the league in 2009. It’s well trodden ground now. So near yet so far. He built a great side that sadly got dismantled too soon imo.
A decade later, after some peeks and troughs we are here again. Great manager, developing team and glory within our grasp. But that next step is eluding us at the moment as we seek to end a fairly wretched run without silverware. We’ve had all kinds of victories this season and the steel and determination shown in the run-in has been exemplary. Only two left now, and we should look to see it out with maximum points.
I’ll be honest, I don’t watch as much football as I used to and mostly focus on the glorious boys in red. Therefore, my knowledge on Newcastle is relatively sparse (ideal for a match write up isn't it?) but I do keep an eye on them due to the Rafa link. I keep reading about them having a ‘championship’ squad so Rafa probably has got them punching above their weight.
Perez is on a good run of goalscoring form but he is a doubt so we shall see if he starts. I suspect he will.
They recently lost to Palace at home (superior manager) but of course they are the last team to beat City in the Premier league. Funny old game, innit?

“He’ll do us a favour” - if there’s one thing Rafa is not, it’s a man who is willing to give up a win on the pitch for sentimental reasons. He’s a winner on the pitch and satisfied with nothing else. He certainly won’t have his mind elsewhere and he’ll be making sure his players don’t either. They’ll want to end the season off on a high in front of home support. However, I have no doubt that we won’t take this game lightly.
I think we’ll be too strong but we’ve got to go there and get on top early and not let the home crowd get behind them or it could get a bit sticky. Fatigue could be a factor so we don’t want to be chasing it late on. 4-0 up at half-time and rest everyone for Tuesday should do the trick.

Like many, I’ve allowed myself a moment of thinking what it could possibly be like to achieve our dream of winning this title at the end of the season. Then I’m sucked back into the harsh reality of the world and have to contemplate how gut wrenching it will be if we fall short. I mean, falling short in a 90+ points season – that’s just another kick in the nuts!
Our season is on the finest of margins now and I wouldn’t want it any other way. How many times have you wanted a season done with at Christmas in the last 30 years? There’s been more than one.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Does Benitez even care about Liverpool as much as they care about him?

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I do enjoy laughing at over sensitive, hysterical and entitled Liverpool fans.

Obviously I’m not saying that all or a majority of them are like that (such a large fanbase will have correspondingly larger number of both sensible fans and idiots), but a sizeable percentage that I’ve come across in person and online are. The club also take being cringy to another level.

The tweet in which that idiot accepted that Evra was now right about Suarez in 2011, purely based on Suarez’s antics against Liverpool on Wednesday, is both comical and disgraceful in equal measure.

Tarrou

Does Benitez even care about Liverpool as much as they care about him?
they idolise Rafa like a demigod, akin to colonel Kurtz's band of natives in the Heart of Darkness - who'd still wash the colonels dirty dishes if he carved up one of their mates for tea

so probably not no

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
they idolise Rafa like a demigod, akin to colonel Kurtz's band of natives in the Heart of Darkness - who'd still wash the colonels dirty dishes if he carved up one of their mates for tea

so probably not no
:lol:

fergosaurus

Good vs evil :houllier:

More like a battle of the bastards: the biter vs the diver edition.

I wonder what reception they'll give Suarez at Anfield after him having the nerve to celebrate a CL semifinal goal. A Suarez or Coutinho winner would be brilliant. :drool: