RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

204Red

I'm slightly worried... They don't seem to have an arch villain (a la Slippy G, or Donkey Darius) who can derail them this year.

I'm sure United fans are bitterly divided as to who they'd rather see win the league... the scousers or the bitter blues... neither is a palatable option

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I'm sure United fans are bitterly divided as to who they'd rather see win the league... the scousers or the bitter blues... neither is a palatable option
No one is divided about that one. I would rather shave my balls with a cheese grater than see Liverpool win.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
*weeps*
RAWK said:
I decided to get obsessive and go deep on this and do a full opposition analysis to try and work out what exactly is happening with Manchester City. It's about 2k words with lots of graphics, so have a read if interested.
Interesting read that. I noticed the buid-up chance graph produces a c-shape/sideways u-shape/boomerang curve. Given that, I wonder the axes were reversed to produce a u-shape, or a hump-shape might produce a curve more natural on the human eye.

SteveJ

Scout
Yes, these really are Liverpool-related football threads...
RAWK said:
The Sperm Whale and The Angler Fish

The Sperm Whale is an apex predator. Subsisting on a diet mainly of much smaller squid, the existence of giant squid (genus Architeuthis) had nevertheless been proven long before a live specimen was seen due to larger, undigested, beaks having been found in the stomachs of Sperm Whales. It is common to find Sperm whales whose heads have been marked by their close encounters with this cephalopod of instantiated mythology. Key to their hunting is their ability to withstand pressure. That highly prized and extremely valuable spermaceti oil is a crucial part of this: “During the hunt, oxygen consumption, together with blood vessel dilation, produces heat and melts the spermaceti, increasing its buoyancy and enabling easy surfacing.” Sperm whales usually dive between 300 to 800m to obtain prey, but are capable of reaching depths of 2km. Such dives can last more than an hour.
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=341800.0

Match Preview - Manchester City v Liverpool

'And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife, and you may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?'

― David Byrne, Talking Heads, Once in a Lifetime

These legendary lyrics from Talking Heads’ ‘Once in a lifetime’ first hit the airwaves on February 2nd 1981. Masterfully produced by Brian Eno, the song keeps its finger firmly on the pulse of the musical zeitgeist - borrowing influences from early hip hop that will only just burst in the mainstream in years to come. The decade that followed, vibrant and decadent 80’s, ripe age of the shopping mall and obscene wealth worship, has in many ways shaped the universal understanding of these lyrics. We commonly read them as the artists direct sting at consumerism, an average yuppies dream come true placed under scrutiny. That car, that house, that wife (equally a trophy as anything else money can buy) are all finally yours - but are you now content and happy? You have accumulated wealth, but have you lived?
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=341832.0

"Are there any good diving schools in London?”

I wanted to call this: "Are there any good diving schools in London?” Mo Salah and the English media's ongoing struggles with its moral compass. But that was never going to fit, was it?

Back in the summer of 1994, the greatest diver in the history of association football arrived in English football. Various pretenders to that crown have come and gone over the years, but this guy remains the 24-carat gold standard, the examples outlined above merely two of the most high-profile, pride-of-place entries in his portfolio. It was the feigning of injury that really set him apart — plenty of professional footballers have hit the deck at opportune moments, but few have ever stayed there for quite as long as this guy regularly did.

And he wasn’t exactly shy and retiring about admitting it either. He began his first press-conference in England by asking the assembled reporters: “Are there any good diving schools in London?” And upon scoring for Tottenham on his league debut in a thrilling 4-3 win away to Sheffield Wednesday, he led his teammates in a group “dive” onto the Hillsborough turf.

They certainly did laugh it up that day, Teddy and co., but surely they would be the only ones? This was England, once home to the fabled Corinthian spirit that “put fair play and moral values above such sordid, vulgar things as winning.” The Corinthians “never argued with the ref or entered any competition where there was a prize,” and if “by chance the other team lost a man, either sent off or through injury, they immediately and voluntarily sent off one of their own men, just to keep things even.” The game had moved on since then, of course, but remnants of the old values remained and it was surely never going to work out for Jürgen Klinsmann in the Premier League in that context.
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=341835.0

SteveJ

Scout
Jeez...
RAWK said:
While you’ve been rotating, Pep, we’ve been staying still. We’ve been waiting, down here, in the dark. We’re not going anywhere. Our light is on and you’re feeling the bends. And you want to escape upwards, upwards, to the light.

Too swift, white whale, with your Ahab chasing us on the surface.

We’ll stay here in the dark. Where it’s cold. Where the pressure dwells.

tenpoless

We all know if They actually live in a cave where it's dark and cold.. but to say Manchester City is a Sperm Whale? Wow that's new. Who is that guy? He must be really good at Kloppology.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The goal line technology is bent. Pep's baldy head is bent.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
i actually dont think it will be too bad but who knows
They all think they're the best team in the world. It'll have hurt them. They all also fully think they're gonna win the league but are pretending otherwise because they know they've looked stupid before. It's how long they can keep that facade up for. There's got to be some cracking after that.

Tarrou

Utter shite, City got very lucky with our chances not going in and were lucky to take theirs.
Saying that they outplayed us for pretty much the entire game and the result was fair enough..

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Poor performance really - feels like a massive missed opportunity. All the key moments went against us.

If we go on to win the league this game will be forgotten but if we don't then this will be looked back on as the moment the tide turned. I just hope that this team is strong enough mentally to recover.

That was our biggest test of the season so far and we've failed. Absolutely gutted.
Well, we were due a poor performance I suppose, but a hell of a time for it. And yet still could easily have gotten a point from that.

Of course we would all have taken a 4 point lead at this stage, even a couple of weeks ago, but the momentum shift is the worry.

To adapt another dreadful cliche, the next change in the points difference between us is critical....
Too many players off their game today. Lovren was an absolute liability back there, Mo was in Kompany's pocket (who should have been sent off) all game long, Mane had one of his off games and I'm not sure why Milner even started. Trent is brilliant going forward and his passing is also a joy to behold at times and I'll probably get slated for this, but from just a defensive perspective he's just too lightweight time and time again. Both their goals came from that side.
Disappointing - City are a side full of bastards

meamth

I'm slightly worried... They don't seem to have an arch villain (a la Slippy G, or Donkey Darius) who can derail them this year.

Dejan Lovren fecked up many easy clearances today. He always has been the main contender.

He might be the only player left in that starting eleven.

montpelier

I have never noticed that the PL scoreline layout is wiggling about. Wonder if that is because someone has actually zoom-stabilised the footage for the sole purpose of letting us take a real good look at the details of that fascinating bunch. That is fantastic work if so
Something new every time, :D.

(genuinely here, possibly)

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It was over the line la

Holocene

Width of a post. That's all it was. No ones fault. Move on.

We're 4 points clear, lads.

Now is the time to stick together. The important thing is to show mental toughness and win our next game against Brighton. Football is about fine margins. We might of lost but we live to fight another day. If you had said we would be leading by 4 points having played Arsenal and City and only lost now in the league I would of bit your hand off. The important thing is to not let this loss get to us. The media will all be against us because they want a title race. It is our job not to give them one, We go again. Keep the faith.

The future is Bright the Future is RED.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Ederson and the crowd wasting about 2 mins and him adding 20 seconds for it summed up that despicable officiating display. The whole of Manchester wanted them to win and they got it, led by a guy from Manchester. Sickening.
Mane, Lovren and TAA were absolutely shocking.
When it matters most, Lovren explodes! Klopp is not brave enough, starting that midfield deserves nothing. Hope we will never see that midfield play together again
Someone drug test Bernado Silva he must've ran a marathon there.

In the end our 3rd choice defender and a conservative midfield selection cost us. We had them boxed in nicely there for the last 10 with Fabinho and Shaq pulling the strings.

Still 4 points ahead, we go again