RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

GHam

Not from RAWK, but from Twitter...

"Alan Shearer's dog-eared idea that "Klopp [it could be Potch] has to win a trophy, and soon" is nonsense. Would you rather win the Carabao Cup one year, or feel the general impression that the club is moving forward (regular top-4 finishes, attracting top players)?"

"Would rather win nowt with this squad than the League Cup with Carroll, Downing and Adam in the XI."

breakout67

Supports
Man City

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
At least now they can concentrate on the Golden Gloves.

UDontMessWith24

Not RAWK, but it's getting a lot of traction on social media
Liverpool fan I’m aquianted with posted that on another message board with pride. A few pages back in the same thread the same Liverpool fan can be quoted saying equally if not more awful things about Everton and United. Sums them up to a tee. Jimmy Liddell on his best day couldn’t come up with such ridiculous nonsense.

Ban

For a club that has won zilch in about, 12, 13 years, they sure are arrogant bunch.

Utdstar01

Absolute cnuts. Would be fecking epic if they don't feck it up now.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Why does a team with no trophies in ten years think they can send out a second string and beat a time like Wolves?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
This Tomkins fella seems to think he's publishing weighty tomes of genuine import. You write shite read only by Scousers about a football team that keeps winning feck all, pal.

clarkydaz

Except at the time for Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

"so close"

"Unfortunately we lost"

He's not worth quoting. He's the published equivalent of a Rawk poster.

Jesus christ look at that rubbish and people still want liverpool to win the league.
How Jurgen Klopp's explosive Liverpool thrilled Europe
True, I recall the final bring a right hoot

Bola

"so close"

"Unfortunately we lost"

Jesus christ look at that rubbish and people still want liverpool to win the league.
Are those a photoshop pisstake or genuine?

RedDevilRoshi

"so close"

"Unfortunately we lost"

FFS, they published a book on that season when Gerrard f***** it up? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seven Seas Sardines

"It's like getting chatted up by a nice, slightly chubby bird but then fobbing her off because you think the two models at the bar were looking at you, only to get rejected and end your night wanking and crying yourself to sleep. Might seem like you're prioritising at the time, but you end up regretting it."

:lol:
Fortunately I don't have such low standards that I'd cry over a fatty!

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Because I refuse to give that twat clicks for his website.

Tomkins recount of the FA Cup

The FA Cup used to be of great importance. But nowadays it’s a quasi-reserve competition, with all but a small number of clubs safe enough in their league positions (top or bottom, any division) to risk their first team. Competitions are as important as teams choose to take them, and few take this seriously anymore; that’s not Liverpool’s fault. The FA Cup is an irrelevance in 2019. Liverpool have bigger fish to fry, quite frankly. Going out is never nice; but being out is good.

The BBC commentary was driving me nuts, to be frank; it’s important to them as broadcasters because it’s the only thing they get to show live. Liverpool had already just played Wolves away, Newcastle at home, Arsenal at home and Man City away in the previous fortnight, in a stupidly busy and tough festive period which allowed no room to rotate. The Reds have Bayern Munich home and away soon, with a defensive injury crisis.

Liverpool don’t need more games. Liverpool don’t need more injuries. Liverpool need greater preparation time, more recovery time, a warm-weather training break – and to me, even the Champions League could be a problem this season (I’d bin that off, too, but I know it’s not possible for managers to do that. Again, you don’t want to lose, but being out could help). To stay in both cups and try and win the league with a smaller squad than the much wealthier main rival would be tough.

And Jürgen Klopp’s last five early-round domestic cup games have all been against Premier League opposition. (Being able to play Rotherham or Tranmere would be nice, to take it easier.) In his first two seasons there were massive fixture pile-ups and injuries in January due to the League Cup semifinals, the FA Cup and the overkill festive fixtures.

To jeopardise a Premier League title challenge just to have a run in the FA Cup to win a devalued trophy that few people care about would be insanity.

And momentum is meaningless. As soon as Alisson, Virgil van Dijk, Mo Salah, Gini Wijnaldum, Bobby Firmino, Andy Robertson and Sadio Mané step back into the starting XI the buzz is back. Vitally, they all got some rest.

If this was a priority for Liverpool they would all have started; and not the three teenagers who made their debuts. (Commentators moan about kids not getting enough chances in English football, then moan when the competition is “disrespected” when someone plays them. They moan about too much football in the season for the England team whenever they crash out in the summer, with no midwinter break, then moan when stars get rested for minor cups in midwinter, straight after a crazy festive fixture list. They want it all, in this greedy, dumbed-down age, where everything has to be framed as a mistake.)

The rest of this article is for subscribers only.
They're going to bottle the whole lot again.

arthurka

Nah should get 13 if not max points from their next 5 league games.
VVD with Fabinho in CB next game vs Brighton away, I think they will drop points. I predict us fecking their PL chances late Feb at Old Trafford.Not that I would know I am not the BBC fixing and meddling with things.
If there is something to be sure off its Klopp failing on clutch moments.

Tonight was a truly abysmal effort from Pool and they deserve evrything negative regarding this match. I will just say that if this was Utd under Jose we would get absolutely hammered by the press.