RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
That’s right, united fans know that Shaw’s answer would be “I hope both teams get involved in a mass brawl in their next matches and are docked 12 points each by the Premier League leading united to win it by beating city at old Trafford.”

Cloud7

Their comments following the United match don’t seem as insane as usual. They’re making some reasonable points mixed in with only small amounts of madness. :(

montpelier

I don't think they've been quite as wholesale mental for a little while now. But there's some promising signs. I think a home loss would push a few over the edge.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I may have got it wrong but did hendo walk straight past shaq without shaking his hand? And then klopp... or just klopp? I thought it was both which is disgraceful imo
I love the way Jurgen dealt with that. Including the fact that he didn't buy the bullshit from Hendo ("I was just clapping the fans").

In the wider context I agree with those posters who say it doesn't really matter. Who ultimately cares whether a player is hooked or not, or how he deals with it? It's nice for team bonding that a player leaving the pitch respects the player entering the pitch. It's also a nice Kloppy thing to see a player embrace our coach when he's substituted etc. But, really, its nothing when compared with the real stuff of football, which is 'what does player x contribute to the power of the team?'

It's on that question, the real question, that Hendo should be judged.
Absolutely no part of me at the time and since can fathom that substitution, Milner had been poor and infective. Hendo is faster, he tackles and crosses better and Milner was on a yellow.
Clearly Hendo was of the same opinion, he was in the wrong but Klopp wants emotion so I doubt he will be to upset with him.
The substitution makes perfect sense to me. We wanted to get a goal, man utd were offering very little in the way of an attacking threat, they were "there for the taking".
Henderson has had 0 goals and 0 assists in the league all season. He's had fewer 'Shots per game' than any player in the squad, including all our defenders.
The obvious substitution would be to bring off the player that offers the least attacking threat, with a player that offers the most attacking threat on the bench.
Shouldn't be ignoring the manager though.
In a way...we are lucky that Kepa did what he did at wembley.... If not, this would have been the topic for the media.

No Idea For Nickname

Stevie G in his prime today would have had a field day against them.
Wile watching the game yesterday I spontaneously once shouted: "Stevie Gerrard, where are you when the team needs you!?". He would have torn them a new one yesterday. Unfortunately, we don't have such a player at the moment, as he is a once in a generation talent. Declan Rice or Rabiot could be close to his level though. Could become...
Henderson is good, but he is not an elite talent. Yesterday, he did the essential, and tried a bit more, but that was it.
Steeeeevie lad

Gini, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Can, Lallana, Oxlade, make the list as big as you want
None of them are ever going to be as good as Gerrard, he's a once in a generation player
How have some of our fanbase not realised this and why are we still comparing Jordan Henderson to Steven Gerrard. Let it fecking go and judge him on his own merits
Can someone please tell me what the feck Steven Gerrard has to do with Jordan Henderson ... years I've been waiting for someone to explain it to me.
It's like a collective grip of idiocy in our fan base.
Can't see people posting 'the feck was wrong with Mane .. Luis Suarez would have grabbed that game by the scruff of his neck' or 'Pfft Salah... King Kenny would have had a field day against that lot'.
fecking bizzare-o-land stuff that's been going on for his entire time here
Suarez wasn't the captain mate, don't be daft.

Gerrard would have scored a hat trick against these, all pile drivers from outside the box. That's what captains do, don't you remember Hyypia's golden boots?

No Idea For Nickname

Rodgers' Leicester play city the same day (currently) we play Rafa Newcastle.

One to keep an eye on for sure.
They’ve still got to play City too. Go on Brendan
Could be a situation where 3 of the last four Liverpool managers take defeat our main title rivals.
Come Bren, come and beat City for us, be the hero.
More confident of them going to city and getting something under Rodgers.
Really? I'd expect nothing other than a good 4 or 5 goal tonking by City.

Perfect job for him though, so no wonder he's interested, it's all about timing for managers, and he can't afford to hold out till the end of the season. Likely they said to him it has to be now.
Would be quite poetic to win the league on this day, with our best manager in recent times and the manager who got us closest to the title in recent times, being a part of it....
I know it was only 1 season in the Prem but the way Rodgers had Swansea playing was so impressive. Be interesting to see how he will set Leicester up.
Imagine the conspiracy theories City fans will construct if we’re still in with a shout by then? Two ex Liverpool managers in charge of the opposition teams.

Everton fans will be writing petitions and everything.
Except the one managing against us will be more than capable of setting his side up to frustrate us, especially if we're not firing up front, the other may well still be scrambling around hoping to stumble on the magic formula that works for a few months
Rodgers would set his team up perfectly for City. Attempting to go toe-to-toe with them on the attacking front (to show the Brodge produces football equally as good as Guardiola) and walking away with a 6-0 spanking.

“With just a wee bit of luck we could’ve got something here today”

tonnas

The scouse are soo deluded its crazy, they are hoping that OLE gets the job because they think he is crap, its laughable!!. Their mighty Klopp didnt manage to win vs OLE's depleted side !

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am old enough to remember when LiveeLive rolled over for Chelsea. Cnuts.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Gerrard would have spent the second half launching Hollywood hero long range shots into the crowd then starfished himself into a penalty claim in the '86.
Classic Stevie. Or gone in hard trying to look cool in front of the fans and got sent off after 2 minutes.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Is the Ox getting better and better with every dropped point?

By the time he returns he'll be up there with messi and Ronaldo
It’s called the Abou Diaby effect. Diaby was an average player who would have ended up at a small club but because he was injured all the time he ended up being elevated to world class status.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

RAWK said:
Let them get their soft penalties. It’ll be all the sweeter.
Bailed out by a referee yet again. This league is despicable.
Diving bastards got a soft pen. Silva was barely touched. They’ve got some nerve calling Salah a diver.
Nice dive for the pen. They need all the help they can get to stay with us.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
*facepalm"
RAWK said:
Gerrard now has a great chance to win a trophy at first time of asking, because unless they get Rafa in, Celtic's dominance of all competitions is probably over.

vivaronaldo

Yeah it's not like a big-time club with the class of Liverpool would ever half arse it against United's title rivals.

Liverpool would never just lie down and let say Chelsea beat them without even mustering a single shot on target and their captain laying on the assist for their opponents opening goal just to try and stop United winning the title.

No chance not Liverpool.
exhibit a - gerrards backpass to drogba in 09/10

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If it's up to me id throw that city game with a ooohhhh I made a bad backpass.... /shrug

I still remember that smug stevie me doing that to our title challenge. feck em
He did it to them too to be fair :lol:

Red Stone

If you look at the most important metrics like xG, golden glove trophies and bone-headed delusion Rafa is the manager that wins most points on the Alternative Premier League table divided by net spend. Celtic haven't a chance without him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Complain about a 1'0 win for city where they've absolutely pummeled the west ham goal.

Yet don't say a word about Watfords pitiful effort

montpelier

what do they think they watched on Sunday?
Fair play to Watford. Even losing by 5, they weren’t as embarrassing as the mancs were at their own toilet.
It could also be that Watford did not park the bus like United did and played more openly which suits our strengths.

and this for the last line mainly
My night (watched replay in US airport bar - don’t know result).

At about 8:30 (game minutes). “No, don’t start this crossing bollocks. feck”

8:31. YES GET IN. went bananas in an airport bar

8:32. “Alright lads. Well in TAA and mane. No more crosses though. These are giants.” (Was at the 2016 home game (we battered them - but I’ve never seen such a collection of behemoths).

20:30. “Well done mo that’s brilliant. Ah- I said no more crosses”

20:31. YES YOU feckIN REDS. Taa and mane - that’s fecking boss again.

At some point - Origi looks useful. And scores. Hmmmm.

79:00. TAA AGAIN. Cross whenever you want. He should never rest. Must start. If he’s on the team sheet v United we win.

82:00. ROBBO - go on cross it. VVD. YES. GOAL DIFFERENCE

Airport bar - completely dominated

montpelier

box to box batshit

Mam, that Jurgen Klopp clearly knows when to put an arm around 'em and when to give them a kick up the backside. He rocketed them most disgruntled about failing to take full advantage of the mancs and look at this for a response. Most if not all the season hes been in full hug position, nothing suffocating you understand just warm and safe. Suddenly he pitches a fecking fit, on a decent pair of results. A pass, just a pass pair of results.

Theres your edge right there, that and Mane central. after a rocket even though (because?) he had been burgled.

5-0 freaking spanking. Absolutely responding. Eagerly leaning into the traces , man