RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

Trizy

I love how they talk about bouncing back from points dropped like they're all this experienced title winning side that's been in this position before :lol:.

I said it when they were 7 points clear that City would still win the title.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
The critical point is that we have fallen behind City on points. It’s out of our hands now. We could come second even if we win all our games.
On Klopp that. Lallana and Milner on when chasing a win to go back top of the league in a derby? And with Shaqiri and Keith on the line? Nope, sorry.

Incredibly disappointing day. Roll on Burnley I guess.
(wth was that Klopp's fake laughter about...scared me)

No Idea For Nickname

shaqiri is better than Mahrez.
Those substitutions killed the game off for us. In-game management a huge concern.
The number of long balls indicates just how ineffective that midfield was. I wonder what Naby and Shaqiri must think watching Henderson, Milner and Wjnaldum picked week in week out particularly when games are crying out for some clever movement and creativity. Seeing Milner and Lallana come on was deflating to say the least.
On Klopp that. Lallana and Milner on when chasing a win to go back top of the league in a derby? And with Shaqiri and Keith on the line? Nope, sorry.

Incredibly disappointing day. Roll on Burnley I guess.
He’s messed up big time there hasn’t he, what was he thinking?! You’re chasing the game and need to win and he brings on defensive players?! Baffling.
I presume we're selling both Shaqiri and Keita. If we're bringing on semi-retired players like Lallana ahead of them when we need a goal then they might as well already be gone.

No Idea For Nickname

9 games left and you’ve given up. Hope you dont bother to celebrate when we win it then
I feel like I did when we lost to Chelsea in 2014. Obviously we have more games to go this time but I just dont see us doing it now. Think we'll drop more points than city over the next few games.
Jan 3: If they told you we'd be 4 points at top turn of the year before the season started, you'd bite their hand off

Jan 30: If they told you we'd be 5 points clear end of Jan at start of the season, you'd bite their hand off

Feb 24: If they told you we'd be 1 point clear end of February before start of the season, you'd bite their hands off

March 3: If they told you we'd be behind the leaders only one point start of March before season began, you'd bite their hand off.

Noticing a pattern there....

No Idea For Nickname

We have zero margin for error now, and we need someone to do us a favour.

A five game winning streak is now an absolute must.
I’ve never once questioned him

Today is the first

Madness. They were shit
But what is the deal with Salah? he isn't like the Salah we saw before Christmas period.
Even Mane has lost abit of his spark. That magic that we had before December. It's really weird.
I think they are both gassed. Salah is also terribly out of form too.
In game management cost us again, needed some faith in his signings, not Rodgers men. Not certain if there’s enough competition up front
Klopp losing it....told you.
5 draws in 7 is not good enough for a team that wants to win the league and must improve quickly.

No Idea For Nickname

7 point advantage.... and not playing particularly well......... to 1 point behind and still not playing well!!!
Damaging draw..
Not in our hands anymore..
We now need a favour from someone..
Played for a point second half and got a point. Disappointing, but we'll see what comes next. Almost get the feeling Klopp follows the APLT.
APLT?
Beating Watford 5-0 is all well and good.

But in the big games, the hostile atmospheres, when you need to stay fecking ice cool and deliver, the only player that can seemingly do that is Van Dijk.

I want to avoid the B word. But its alarming that in the big games, the pressure games, most of our players are turning into headless chickens when it matters.
This league is not over yet. We feckin fight for it. City will drop points.
Problem is we keep dropping points too. Judging by the way we’ve been playing recently do you really have confidence in us winning the next 9?

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
The title isn't over by a long shot. We have a hell of a fixture pile up ahead and some serious injuries to deal with. However, we were ten points behind in December. It's been a very good comeback so far, especially whilst navigating (and winning) more competitions than Liverpool have.

No Idea For Nickname

First, there's still a long way to go and there will be a few more twists and turns yet.

Secondly, the Sky commentator was basically cheering Everton on in the second half. I've heard some biased commentaries in my time but that was properly disgusting.
We were never really 7 pts ahead were we?
Didn't we play one more game to City to get 7 pts ahead?

They won their game in hand and it was 4 pts ahead.

So the max. we've been ahead is 4 pts on Jan 14th? So they've clawed back 5 pts over approx. 7 weeks.
What's more Everton than celebrating a nil nil against us

Disappointing, but a week off now and hopefully Salah gets sorted out. One point behind City who need to go to United away...
they’ll feck United.... like we should have!!!
a lack of courage and attacking intent from Klopp.
Want to disagree. But can’t.

It’s as though Klopp, for the first time since he arrived here, is more afraid of losing than going flat out for a win.

Having said that, City haven’t been tearing up trees, lately they are doing a Fergie - winning tight games 1-0.

montpelier

Everton fans
They've turned feral, based on a diet of stupidity and bitterness. feck em,
This was the 'friendly' derby. Right up until the end of Kendalls first stint as manager. Then the decline once again into mediocrity has produced a set of fans full of hatred and envy towards their 'friendly' rivals. Gone are the days of the '86 and '89 Cup FA finals. Long gone. I hope we absolutely paste these c*nts tomorrow, Really put them in their place.
they too suffer from that self-destroying masochistic angst that holds no place in a feckin football match! You'd never see that at Anfield. Unless the scumbags from up the east lancs road were in town

No Idea For Nickname

He is the world record in cost for a defender on a long contract.
Do you think Madrid or Barca will splash 150 million on a defender, no matter how good? Of course not, Virgil is going nowhere, our front 3 on the other hand are one agents whisper away at any point...
feck everything and everyone. For fecks sake.
What do you mean by soft lads? We took 16 points in last 9 games and City took 24.

We choked it..you think city are going to let it go away from them this time?

They will be 4 points a head by this time next week.
So you already have us losing next Sunday?
I think h means they play before us so we will kick off 4 points behind, hence extra pressure, assuming they win of course.

No Idea For Nickname

This was a tactical masterclass by Klopp in how to feck up a title challenge - well done sir, take a bow. We had players on the bench to change the game, but we take Origi off, leave Shaq and Kieta on the bench and throw on Milner and Lallana.

Title has gone - the gap will only get wider between now and end of the season - to be honest Man City have been the better side for most the season...they should really have taken the 3 points from us at Anfield and only lost 3 in 4 games as they took the foot of the accelerator. Fair play to them.

Also everyone throws around the term world class, I have said it from the start that Salah is a top player, but never in the league of someone like Suarez or Gerrard or Hazard etc. - world class players don’t choke and are able to stay composed even when running at goal with a lot of time to think about what they should do.
Ugh. Go away.
What a fecking disgraceful post.

feck off and support someone else. Seriously, what team needs a lilly livered coward like you?
feck off, right now ya shithouse.
Go swivel.
Coleman saying they've "done a good job" and they're satisfied cause "the fans and the players wanted to put a dent in Liverpool's title hopes".
Smalltime c*nts!
United will roll over for city cheered on by their support, they have no pride and rather city won the title than us.
I will never slate him but Salah is one of those players, and there are more than him, sterling being one, that doesn’t fill me full of confidence when he has a clear cut chance.

No Idea For Nickname

City's 90 million pound bench warmer dragged them over the line yesterday. 90. Million. Pounds. Who can't get a game. Unreal.

Over the course of the year, we have been terrific but trying to beat City to the title simply might be a bridge too far. Hopefully the lads will be more comfortable chasing than leading the pack. 27 more points to play for.

Onward and upward.
Maybe our £60 million+ fella could've dragged us over the line if he was brought on before Adam fecking Lallana.
I assume you're talking about Naby!? If so, you have no idea how well or poorly he trained this week. Are you willing to admit that perhaps training form is taken into account by Kopp?

montpelier

feck off to the general sport forum and have a laugh at the teams from the cities where you come from yer fecking bad wools, title run ins are for scousers with big bollocks

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
They're just one unexpected draw/loss away from full on meltdown.

Shame they've got Burnley at home next as that's a gimme. If it had been wolves or spurs that could have been interesting
That’s Burnley who were leading in injury time against us recently?
No gimme.

No Idea For Nickname

Just read the bbc quotes and this is far more concerning;

"You need stability but it was a difficult game. I did not want to throw Naby Keita in to deal with these difficult circumstances."

Why not trust him to?
That's a bizarre quote, it's just a football game not the bloody Spanish Inquisition.
It's out of our hands now

United will beat City though:)
I don't think even this will be enough though

Two more highly likely home draws yet to go to Tottenham and Chelsea at Anfield I can see.
City have the much easier run in.

Our two best remaining chances :-
Tottenham could hold city to a draw on 20th April (some possible hope here) and then our old mate could do the magic and also get a point at City then a victory at Wolves on the last game of the season will do it just like it was back in 76!

No Idea For Nickname

'one of those days' a little too often now .

but i'm sure we can turn this around
I think City will drop points. Their players are dropping like flies, and they have a fixture pile-up coming.

But our current approach and mentality needs to change to take advantage of it.
We were lucky not to drop more points though, Sturridge worldie, Mahrez pen miss, Pickford's arms all come to mind. If you watched the City vs Bornmouth game yesterday it was a complete contrast to us today - it was watching when they would score not if, total control.
In fairness at this point in the season you’re absolutely desperate to play a side who literally dont even try to beat you. It’s the dream scenario.

No Idea For Nickname

I love Klopp, but sometimes I cringe at the reasons he gives for a poor performance. Best to assume he’s not being serious I guess.
yes, best...

Everton fans celebrating a corner like they'd scored, and again at the final whistle like they'd won the league. Getting the towels out to dry a ball for a throw in. Celebrating a throw in. Getting ball boys to toss the ball away, then celebrating at a thrown in. fecking shit c*nts.

No Idea For Nickname

I suspect we’ll wollop Burnley next week. This team is still extremely good but the away form is now an issue.
Is it? We've collected 32 points from 15 matches. That's exceptional even with 3 draws in a row. The bar is too high if we're concerned with our away form. Too damned high.
I mentioned the momentum point before that Pep built up, if opposition manager looks at City's form it's WWWWW so he's thinking how can I avoid getting a walloping I'll set up conservative. If he looks at ours it's DDWDWD, he'll think I can at least get a point from these. I questioned why Pep was playing strong teams in cups but I'm guessing it's for the momentum it creates, a winning mentality
If our form is WWWWWWW, Everton and United still aren’t setting up to literally not even have a shot in anger during a home game. feck all to do with respect for your opponent, much more to do with utter cowardice.
Seems like all the other teams and most commentators do not want us to win it...

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Bang in this race another tough away chalked off 2 points dropped in black and white but point gained. We should have scored but we didn't really impose ourselves. Some of our counter attacking was excellent a 5 seconds from Alison to their box really fluid. We move on and are still in the hunt still. Long way to go yet best...[/QUOTE said:
Point gained

No Idea For Nickname

Not at all. We’re the neutrals favourite according to a poll on the beeb. Why do some of our fans worry about this? Especially when it’s not even correct! Seen it twice now recently on here. You do realise you sound like a massive fanny writing that?
Let them gloat. Like some mass jinxing
It’s not May yet. The fact we’re still in it will still be troubling them deep down. A ‘not over yet’ a smile and a wink, then ignore the pricks will be my tactic at winding them up. And it’ll work.
There’s literally one team who has anything remotely to gloat about, and you really don’t come across many of their supporters.

Everton and United fans...? Wow, you both scrapped shitty draws at home. Take a bow.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
"That's a bizarre quote, it's just a football game not the bloody Spanish Inquisition."

No one could've expected that.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
United set up not to have a shot? :lol:

We had more shots on target than them. They live in this weird bubble where they are this brilliant attacking side and when they don't win it's because terrified teams parked the bus.

They're sounding like Wenger

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I’d love us to bid £100m for Virgil. If for nothing more than shits and giggles.

He’s clearly the best defender in world football. I look as stupid as anyone for not realising he was worth £75m and taking the piss, but surely he’s going to move elsewhere to win something if this season goes south.

No Idea For Nickname

Klopp blaming the wind in the post match press conference,he's gone mad.
Did he really?

He's got balls for sure!

'Why didn't you win?'
'Well, it's ze wind of course!'
'Oh! Nothing to do with Everton playing well?'
'Of course not, they're fecking shite!'

• note - the above interchange is entirely made up
Klopp has been much better this season with subs. But I have no idea what he was thinking here.
Bewildering, Lallana isn't a match winner, Shaqiri can produce something from nothing, at that stage that is what we needed.
Well, they got their famous draw at the end. Just try to keep clear of the DVDs they must be selling in each street corner next...

10 games to go, C'MON YOU REDS!
We didn't throw anything away.

Seriously, that is absolutely bullshit logic
We threw away a 7 point lead! And it’s absolutely fine to say that. No-one has to deny it or try and play it down. It’s done. And now we play catch up.