RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
With all due respect, it's people like you and logic like that, that makes us, as a fan base, look like a bunch of fecking mugs. It also makes us look like we don't have the balls or the stomach for a title fight. Which let's be honest, is a pretty poor reflection on a fan base that still tries to consider itself as genuine contenders

If you want to throw the towel in with 9 games and 27 points still to play for then go ahead. Just do us a favour lad, feck off out of the forum and don't be contaminating the rest of us with your fecking shit-housery nonsense

Here's what also fecking pains me: If Manchester United were in the position that we're currently in, with the players we currently have, do you think they'd entertain the idea of conceding the league with 9 games to go based on a run of poor results? WOULD... THEY... feck!!! They'd fecking relish the challenge!

We on the other hand, can't seem to help ourselves. We cop a run of results where the team don't pick up full points and all of a sudden some seem to want to throw the towel in. As I say, it's fecking embarrassing. If we do win this title (which I personally, still think we will do) then there are some on here who really don't fecking deserve to bask in the joy of it

Vadim

They always label Everton fans as ‘bitter’ but the irony is lost on them: Liverpool fans are the most bitter, angry, deluded, paranoid, hypocritical, self entitled bunch I’ve ever come across. And it isn’t just on the internet, it’s in real life too. From Toxteth to Oslo, they’re fecking crazy.

No Idea For Nickname

I was in Portugal on holiday in 2014 when Coutinho scored and we beat City. I think it was April, and I thought that result had won us the title. But the Palace and Chelsea results - totally against the run of play - saw City win the title.

I’m hoping and praying history (which has a habit of doing so) repeats itself.

All the experts - you know, the ones we’re fed up of - say it’s the run-in, April, that determines who wins the title. Squeaky bum time. Bring it on.
bolded - wut?
it history will repeat it self...then...well...he is City fan..? Right?

No Idea For Nickname

I find that quite strange. A number of United fans I know would prefer City to win the league than Liverpool. To me, that makes no sense. Saying city are not really winning a league due to petrodollars is a pedantic argument that holds no water. And United will lose support in their own city the longer City's success. This season they are on for a quadruple and could eclipse anything Ferguson's treble. But instead, based on an older generations bad memories of Liverpool success they remain obsessed with Liverpool.
Luke Shaw on match of the day last week was asked who he wanted to win the league out of Liverpool and City and he said, as a united player you know who I don’t want to win the league so the interviewer said so who do you want to win the league and he said, you know who I want to win the league out of them but I’m not going to say it. So he obviously wants City to win it but stopped short of saying it the feckin quilt. What he should have said was, we’re 14 points behind with 33 points still to play for so until it’s mathematically impossible for us to win it I want united to win it. If it then becomes mathematically impossible for us to win it then I don’t care who wins it. The fat fecker put in his best shift for united last week against us but with comments like that does anyone really think the c*nt is gonna put the same shift in against City. And it’s shit like that that worries me more than City as you’ve got players of teams that still have to play city that clearly don’t want us to win it. Also when them FFP cheating feckers first started challenging United for the title I don’t remember anyone asking Liverpool players who they wanted to win the league. Hope we win our last nine games and they feck up on the last game of the season to hand us the title.
Did they forgot that wonderful Gerrard pass to his teammate Drogba?

No Idea For Nickname

9 games left. Just under a quarter of the season left. Would you leave a game 67 mins into it?

Yes, today is a dent and is aggravated by who it's against.

9 left, 1 point off top with city's tricky April it's still a coin flip to who walks off with the title.

We could win the title and it be the greatest success since Istanbul,relish it.
:lol: since Istanbul

Anustart89

Everton fans
Second quote there

This was the 'friendly' derby. Right up until the end of Kendalls first stint as manager. Then the decline once again into mediocrity has produced a set of fans full of hatred and envy towards their 'friendly' rivals. Gone are the days of the '86 and '89 Cup FA finals. Long gone. I hope we absolutely paste these c*nts tomorrow, Really put them in their place.
Which team is he talking about here?

No Idea For Nickname

to be honest mate, I think the overall tonality of the discussion in here evidences the fact the we, as a fan base, aren't used to, and thus, aren't capable of, managing the emotional turmoil that goes with being in the thick of a title fight. 30 years of falling short and failing to challenge on a regular basis is probably the leading cause of that. Which of course, is not the fault of any of the participants in the discussion. But the inferiority complex is there for all to see. Suggesting that we've "thrown" away a 7 point lead further proves that IMO.

As I said in an earlier post, if the red mancs were in the position that we're in, then they'd be buoyed as feck. They'd be putting the bit between their teeth so to speak. And therein lies a clue as to what's wrong with our fan base and the reason why so much shite gets posted on here when we clip a hurlde like we did today
You seriously think Utd fans would be reacting differently to us if they went from 7 (chance of 10) clear to 1 behind in 2 months?

There isn't a fecking chance, they'd be pissed off just like us.

No Idea For Nickname

They are bit depressed, so took a look at their Gollum thread.
Not sure why people would be so happy about Ole getting the job. He has done exceptionally well since he came in with what he has at his disposal. He will likely lead this United side to a top 4 finish, which as Mourinho put it, would be nothing short of a miracle. He isn't a big name, but look at Mourinho, we all know how that turned out. Even Van Gaal, to an extent.

Personally, if I were a United fan, I'd think Ole is the best option out there. Can't argue against his results.

P.s United are c*nts. Had to leave it on that note.
What he has at his disposal? De Gea in goal, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Pogba, Herrera (horrible fecking rat that he is) are all very good players. As soon as you get them smiling and allow them to play, they will beat the dross in this division. Every time they come up against a decent team, they haven't a clue - we were shit and they still couldn't beat us while players were dropping like flies, they lost 2-0 to a PSG side minus Neymar and Cavani. As we saw with Kenny 2011/12 the feelgood factor only lasts so long.
Even if they do drop a level, it would be top 4 form, which is par for them. Though he has them in title winning form at the moment.

No shame in losing to PSG. We did too. They are just a better side than them.
We beat PSG at home, and they had Neymar and Cavani playing. United didn't come close.
At this rate, I'd rather see Pochetino there next season than Smeagol.
If they finish in the top four and keep Ole, the reality is they’ll be favourites for the league next season
You joke, but if they do, I wouldn't be surprised to see the bookies have them not far off the same odds as us.

Of course, in reality, tbey won't be close to us.
They will likely start next season as 3rd favourites, maybe even 2nd favourites depending if we don't win the league. People will back them on name only and let's be fair, they've been in exceptional form for 2-3 months now.

Solskjaer has done a great job, I can't see him not getting the job now. Quite simply the board have to give it to him. He's got a good squad at his disposale so I'm not sure why people are so surprised. Under Mourinho some players downed tools and they all just look out of confidence. The danger with appointing Solskjaer is we haven't seen what happens when there's a slight downturn in form, which happens to any team. I've seen a few games and it's obvious tactically he's no genius. They concede goals at an alarming rate too.

As much as I dislike them if they win the FA Cup and get Top 4, that is a unbelieveable achievement from where they were at Christmas.
This run of results will not last though. By the time they play City I am sure they will have regressed. If they hire Ole full-time, they won't get near a title or a CL next season or any season IMO.
I for one would rather they get someone like Zidane in. It would take him some time to get used to the league, implement his playing style and such. Ole has went in, got the players playing for him, got the team in to amazing form and actually resurrected their season. I don't see why they can't challenge if they fix their weak areas. He has done pretty good in his big games to date, with PSG being the exception where the difference in quality was clear. In saying that, they won't be winning a major honour next year but the year after its possible with the right additions.

I think they would be mental not to give him the job. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
That one quote about us being shit by the time we play City :lol:

They do realise if City beat us they'll probably win the title. Or does they think we'll lose every game between now and then, smash City and then lose every gand after?

Raw

That one guy saying we concede goals at an alarming rate, pretty sure we've conceded the 2nd least amount of goals under Solskjaer (1 behind Liverpool)!

No Idea For Nickname

Social media is awash with fecking imbeciles tonight. People crying it in with 9 games left, but in the same breath calling the players bottlers
And 'fans'(I use the term very lightly) calling Klopp a fraud and telling him to get out of our club.
I wouldn't even go onto social media on a good night, never mind a bad one. The only frauds are the one calling the manager one.
By the way, let the Everton fans think they've cost us the title tonight. I look forward to when we win the league by a point and thanking them for giving it to us this afternoon.
In a very good position to do what, finish second? That's the issue - people are sick of seeing this team constantly come in second, be it in a final or a title race, especially after being in a winning position. Individual games are great but what does any of it mean if you know they're just going to collapse when there's any chance of actually winning anything?
We barely finish second. We have finished 2nd three times in almost 30 years.
We've finished second in every single competition since the 2012 League Cup without winning a single one of them.
We have had 3 finals since 2012. 3 finals in 7 years.

Pretty shite that.

Last edited:

No Idea For Nickname

Greatest team ever... probably, but with the money they’ve spent, should anyone be surprised? I’d be more surprised if they get banned from Europe and docked points... It don’t impress me when you’ve quite evidently got an upper hand on everyone else and then you complain about how tough it is with a match every 3 days, seriously Pep? you want sympathy with that squad?! You could field a team to play an international at the same time ...

If we win the league this season, it’s the greatest achievement in our club history...we’re doing well, it’s on.
38 games, how many times in the first half of the season were we lucky

Sturridge last minute at Chelsea
Origi in the 96th
Shit at Huddersfield but scraped the win
Scraped past Leicester away
Should have lost to City at home (missed pen late)
Terrible at Burnley for most of the game

On the other side we were a bit unlucky at Arsenal away but pretty much everything else went for us.

Now we’re not getting the rub of the green and we’re in a more realistic position to how we’ve played (which is still fecking fantastic when you look at the last 30 years)

We should end this season on an amazing points total, if it’s not good enough to win it’s because City have been better.

It was never realistic for us to get to 100 points...

The wheels have not fallen off, we do however need City to drop some points.
We played as poorly in many of those games in 2018 but got the run of the green or found a way to score. It’s inevitably tougher in the second half with teams raising their games against us. It was never going to be easy, however much we wanted it to be.

No Idea For Nickname

You think we should we win every game out of right, I live in the real world. But whatever rocks your boat.
Well it works on his computer game, dam those pixels are good.
Funny Klopp was saying much the same thing in the press conference about computer games.
Jamie Carragher: “Liverpool have only lost one game this season. I played in a season where we only lost two games and still didn’t win the league.

“It doesn’t matter how many games you lose, it’s points that are dropped, and these points at the moment are proving vital.”
After the City game, though, we drew with Leicester (who sacked their manager), West Ham (who have conceded 41 goals), United (all performances aside, it's usually a tight game) and now Everton (who have a goal difference of exactly 0). Win 3 of those, and we're 5 points ahead again. There was no reason to draw ALL of those games. United or Everton, maybe. But West Ham and Leicester?

We haven't bottled. But our pre-City form was definitely sustainable again (2.7 PPG)
yeah but the wind
Shouldn't that be the whined.

I hate to break it to you but the country is being hit by Storm Freya. Before kick off we were practising hitting low crosses in. Today it was the team who had scored the most goals from set pieces against the team who had conceded the most. Given we had an overwhelming possession advantage and Trent getting three assists in his last game I would say the wind was a factor today.

Strangely enough you mentioned City versus Bournemouth yesterday earlier in the thread. Strangely you didn't notice Aguero's cross that was nearly blown in. Then again you would then of had to acknowledge it has been windy this weekend.
It's a pathetic excuse that gives unnecessary needle to oppo fans, just like the City long grass comment by the AW.
AW?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
"What he has at his disposal? De Gea in goal, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Pogba, Herrera (horrible fecking rat that he is) are all very good players. As soon as you get them smiling and allow them to play, they will beat the dross in this division. Every time they come up against a decent team, they haven't a clue - we were shit and they still couldn't beat us while players were dropping like flies, they lost 2-0 to a PSG side minus Neymar and Cavani. As we saw with Kenny 2011/12 the feelgood factor only lasts so long."

? We used all our subs in the first half (including subbing the sub) and Rashford wasn't right after Henderson's tackle from behind early on. (Firmino was a loss mind).

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I wish to once in my lifetime finally see a movie, like a documentary of Rawk. But made specifically for followers of this thread. The science of the boom bust cycle. Who was the originators behind it. Timeline of classic moments, gifs, behind the jokes explanations, meltdown analysis, you name it just the whole shebang compacted in a full hour long movie.

No Idea For Nickname

Isn't the Ox back this week playing for the under 23s. I still think he's gonna score the goal that wins us the title. Don't know why but football is like that sometimes, written in the stars an all that.
We've had too many 'written in the stars' moments over the last couple of years and unfortunately not even one has panned out.
Not to dwell too much on bad memories, but you're right and in fact in 2014 we experienced the complete opposite of a "fairytale" story.
Yeah there was that, then there was Gerrard winning the FA Cup during his final season, winning the Champions League last season with popes and royal weddings and what not. Just makes you realize that football and life and general is nothing more than chance and coincidence.

No Idea For Nickname

The two forwards Manè and Salah are no longer playing for each other. Looks like they are trying to outscore each other. Especially Salah. Who seems desperate for his 50th goal.
I know this kind of logic can be infuriating and sometimes rekindle looking back at our previous posture of being up more points than any of us thought when we started the season, BUT

We have 17 clean sheets
We are 1 point off the lead (two if you count GD)
We have scored a similar amount of goals as last year (except our play is much different)
We have 9 games of EPL play left
We have at 1 game left in the ECL

It is not ideal, but neither is it a losing position. It is where we are on March 3.

In our league, things change very quickly (usually 48 hours could change everything).

Burnley next. Allez
When the Champions League inferiority complex kicks in, City will start cackin in Europe, and will drop points domestically. Believe.

No Idea For Nickname

Been 7 years since I last visited RAWK (forgot my password and then just remembered it
) so I thought I would just pop in with a little message for those who are spitting their dummies out.

9 games to go and a single point behind one of the costliest and most devastating teams in world football. We've matched them right throughout the season with an inferior squad (as in quality in reserve) and they're the only team to have beaten us in the League this season.
City are sill in 3 competitions while it's just 2 for us and they have some tricky games to play. This Roller-coaster ride we're on has still got twists & turns in it before it comes to a stop. This is FAR from over and our form WILL return and City WILL drop points.
Dust yourself down from the disappointment of today and buckle up tight..... This race is going to the wire and I believe WE will win it.

Ed9

At this rate 'They Dared To Dream 2: Jurgone With The Wind' should be almost done. Those 11mm at City started this.

Reactions: Carolina Red
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
"We've had a great run. We've done amazing from where we were.

Top four this season maybe then let's try again next season.

No chance of the league now but it was always a pipe dream to be fair."

"Absolute weapon"

"top four maybe? We are not finishing outside the top four."

That top one is surely an oppo fan pretending to be a Liverpool fan and on the wum?

Irrational.

I see the "it was never on the cards this season anyway, next year is our year" are now crawling out of the woodwork. :lol:

Never change, Liverpool fans.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
United set up not to have a shot? :lol:

We had more shots on target than them. They live in this weird bubble where they are this brilliant attacking side and when they don't win it's because terrified teams parked the bus.

They're sounding like Wenger
To be fair to them, many of us were the same during the SAF era.
I know i was :lol:

Ban

Love the guy who said we couldn't beat the while they were shit and players were dropping like flies. Well it was their chance to beat us so nice logic there.

Although some of them are complimentary about us and Ole, they must be really depressed.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
What's the one about Pickford's arms about?

montpelier

context first
In 08/09, there was shit loads going on behind the scenes and that cost us, as well as selling Alonso.
In 13/14, we sold Suarez and pissed the money up the wall.
so... (it's like)
If you badly got injured in a car crash with a Ford Fiesta chances are you'd probably still feel a little apprehensive about going out on the road even if you're now in a Rolls Royce.
or it isn't
That is not the correct analogy.
The analogy is that if you are winning the race with a Ford Fiesta and then you crash on the final turn, even though you are some way ahead of your main rival (who is in a Rolls Royce), then the next time you are winning a race people are going to be very nervous about you losing control again - even if you have upgraded your Ford Fiesta. Similarly, if you are winning a race again (as we were until today) and you get the speed wobbles (which we have as we have seen our 7 point lead become 1 point deficit) then your fans are going to become nervous that you are going to crash again. However, the fans want you to drive in the manner that got you into the lead, not in a nervous, defensive way that leads to a crash.

montpelier

2 of you lot got in overnight I see
We are getting better and better. Let's not lose sight of this in our desperation to experience the inevitable.
The ride to the top is journey. And our's will be our own, beautiful, tragic, and full of life.
It was so heartbreaking game, I was feeling worse than after Kiev final....
Supporting Liverpool is so beautiful and emotional, but also too often heartbreaking
I am completely devasteted...

montpelier

this is Johnno about Sir Kenny

You and I know it won't make an ha'pporth of difference to the fella. He's a diamond already. Lizzie and her sort can pronounce and confer all they like. The reality is WE stalwarts of the working class KNOW who's true quality and, equally, we know who isn't. The Hoi-polloi down there in LANDON can kiss our collective Northern arses!