RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Disagree. For example, I remember Chelsea's 13/14 season very well, all those clean sheets against the top 6, winning at City and Liverpool without having a really good striker. Their title-winning season that followed? Not so much.
Ok then some obscure football hipsters will and infact Liverpool fans may fondly remember the too. In a wider context of footballing world, it would not matter.

Hoof the ball

Disagree. For example, I remember Chelsea's 13/14 season very well, all those clean sheets against the top 6, winning at City and Liverpool without having a really good striker. Their title-winning season that followed? Not so much.
....and yet most people have a greater recollection of Chelsea's title winning exploits than the aforementioned 13/14 season, and the only reason anyone would have recollection of that is because it's of recent occurrence. Ten years henceforth, all that will be recalled is the season they won, not the season they kept numerous clean sheets and came third.

Pagh Wraith

....and yet most people have a greater recollection of Chelsea's title winning exploits than the aforementioned 13/14 season, and the only reason anyone would have recollection of that is because it's of recent occurrence. Ten years henceforth, all that will be recalled is the season they won, not the season they kept numerous clean sheets and came third.
Can't speak for others but again I would disagree. I tend to remember the big matches, cup wins and outstanding achievements. Arsenal's invincible season or Chelsea only conceding 15 goals will be remembered forever whereas a straight-forward title-winning campaign will only be remembered by the fans of that team. I still can't believe Barcalona blew the chance to go unbeaten last year by fielding a weakened line-up in one of their final games. They could have made history, now that season is just a footnote in the statistic books despite winning the league.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
I don’t know about that. There’s still room to sink lower. Why you hired an inexperienced mgr so soon is the issue you might regret for a few seasons. I think you are going to bottom out a little more with no European Cup fixtures next season. The sport has changed with these spoiled players. They want to be in the competition and be recognized. I just don’t think your brand is no longer an automatic sell to these type of players. Add Ole to the mix and it’s even worse. Your organization should have waited till summer to get a proper mgr worth your name.

Treble

Can't speak for others but again I would disagree. I tend to remember the big matches, cup wins and outstanding achievements. Arsenal's invincible season or Chelsea only conceding 15 goals will be remembered forever whereas a straight-forward title-winning campaign will only be remembered by the fans of that team. I still can't believe Barcalona blew the chance to go unbeaten last year by fielding a weakened line-up in one of their final games. They could have made history, now that season is just a footnote in the statistic books despite winning the league.
Going unbeaten is a great thing for Arsenal but for double-treble winners like Barca it's not that special really.

People (or media) have made too much of this unbeaten thing: Arsenal would have finished 3rd this season had they had the corresponding results to 03-04.

Barcelona 3:0 Liverpool

mu4c_20le

We need to start booting these fannies everywhere.

Suarez can feck off aswell the scumbag always has been.
Don't deserve to be a goal down at fecking all but that is all it takes against a side like Barca. One moment of quality and we let the absolute rat that is Suarez score.
Good up until the final ball

Full backs look completely out of their depths. They’re not, but really poor along with Wijnaldum.

Love Luis, but I hope someone smashes his leg into a few separate pieces in the second half.
Nice muted respectful celebration from Suarez there. Has a short memory doesn't he.

And Messi, I thought you were above shit like that.
Didn’t expect Luis to celebrate like that.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Can’t believe how deluded they are! ‘Didn’t expect Luis to celebrate like that?’ He just scored in the fecking CL semifinals! He doesn’t give two fecks that it was against them!

They truly are mentally deranged.

Strats

Can’t believe how deluded they are! ‘Didn’t expect Luis to celebrate like that?’ He just scored in the fecking CL semifinals! He doesn’t give two fecks that it was against them!

They truly are mentally deranged.
You just knew they'd moan about him celebrating :lol:

Always the victim.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
he should be a bit more professional and stop the provoking and starting fights in an attempt to get our players booked and sent off.
Beautiful karma. Wasn’t such a problem when he was running around racially abusing and eating players to get them booked and sent off in a Liverpool shirt.

In fairness, the irony isn't lost on all over there.

He's only doing what he did for us

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Barca players seem to be desperate to wear a Liverpool shirt.

Trying to pull them off our backs.

Only punished once.
feckin shithouse fouls all the time, pulling back our players as we try to break, right in front of the ref, nothing given.
Milner let's Messi know he's on the field - Messi makes the most of it and does a couple of Neymar rolls - ref having none of it
Turns out they're a whiny lot, aren't they? poor babies when calls don't go their way...
45+3 Into added on time. Can I say both Suarez and Coutinho have been rats in this game, Coutinho diving when Matip won the ball.
Yes you can.

Guaranteed hot reception for those two at Anfield after tonight
Whew! Razor thin margins between ourselves and Barca.

Game balanced on a knife edge.
XG is 1.0 vs 0.8 so far

No Idea For Nickname

74. Game calmed down a bit... feck they score again
They are the luckiest side I have ever seen. This referee has given them everything.
2-0 flatters them to be honest.
77 Surprise, surprise they are upping the tempo wanting to finish us off. The first time they have seriously played all second half.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Liverpool are just not at that level yet. They got to a semis that’s good for them considering quarter finals is about there level. Hey at least they can say they got 97 points! That’s almost like a trophy in itself!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I wonder how it must feel to be a member of the last vestige of human civilisation to discover that Luis Suárez might, in fact, be a shithouse.

Castia

The Suarez thing is interesting :lol:

Celebrated like feck and was winding up the Liverpool players all game....

They wont be happy

No Idea For Nickname

what have they been saying about Suarez?
That's all I'm interested in.
few of the best...

The fecking prick.
Yeah .. he shoiuld let liverpool win
No, he should be a bit more professional and stop the provoking and starting fights in an attempt to get our players booked and sent off.
But then again only a player like that would go to play for Barcelona.
He's only doing what he did for us, we can't expect him to be nice to us just because he played for us years ago.

Besides, you're only going to get this thread closed by posting in it during a match.
The little c*nt found Coutinho a house before Barca bought him. I don’t take this lightly. He is the idea behind the movie “Teeth”

RedDevilRoshi

The Suarez thing is interesting :lol:

Celebrated like feck and was winding up the Liverpool players all game....

They wont be happy

I didn’t see that coming tonight, which just makes it even more enjoyably funnier and entertaining :lol:

He played as if he hated them with a passion! RAWK must have been a brilliant place to follow their matchday thread. :D