RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Debatable. We’re kings of Europe. Not even close. You have 2 more league titles. That is close. You have the brand like Disney though even though you are in a free fall.
You haven’t won a title in 30 years... trust me it isn’t close...

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Debatable. We’re kings of Europe. Not even close. You have 2 more league titles. That is close. You have the brand like Disney though even though you are in a free fall.
I bet you're the one who rang up talksport asking for a joint premier league winners trophy aren't you.
Kings of Europe. :lol:

Carolina Red

Staff
:lol: You’re supposed to copy and paste posts from RAWK here, not try to emulate them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Kings of Europe? I'm in my mid thirties and have only ever seen Liverpool win the UCL once. Kings of Europe have more than 1 win in 3 decades

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
Today isn’t a consolation, it’s not cause for celebration, it’s a realisation
Is that the new Anfield Rap?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I will talk about Man City and their meaningless achievement at some other point but right now I just want to be positive and say thank you SO much to these boys. That was the best league campaign I've ever seen, it's the third best points total in the history of English football and it's all because these lads have a heart as big as Liverpool. I can not praise this squad enough, every single one of them gives absolutely everything for the club and the fans. The connection we have with the players and the manager is unrivaled. In years gone by there was always someone in the squad that I didn't think was quite up to scratch or didn't give their all but I can't criticise a single one of these boys. Every one of them plays like we would if we were on the pitch, like they've been supporting Liverpool for twenty years. Now go and win the Champions League final and get yourselves the medals you deserve!

A special mention is also reserved for Jurgen Klopp. There aren't really enough superlatives for this man, he is everything I want a Liverpool manager to be and more and I'll have to leave it at that.

No Idea For Nickname

What an absolute privilege it's been to watch this team. They are truly Mentality Monsters/Giants. I so hope they beat Spurs so that they can claim some silverware. Their efforts and performances this season deserve no less than the greatest prize in club football.
Seems like the only way to win the league for us is win all the 38 bloody games.
We only dropped 17 points
Might be a bit of an unpopular opinion but this City team is probably the best ever in the league and certainly one of the most (if not the most) expensively assembled.
We were staring down the bottom of the barrel less than a decade ago, with our beloved club on the brink of an abyss.
We’ve clawed our way back from the precipice of extinction to once again become a force in both domestic and continental football.
I am sad, and a touch disappointed that we didn’t get our hands on number 19 today, but City have been a machine. There is no shame in amassing 97 points and not winning the league, there is simply not.
I do not begrudge them their win, I don’t even begrudge them their money and their ownership because when the time comes for us to lift our first league title it’ll be done with sweat and graft, the right way, without a fairy godfather endowing is with billions. And it’ll be all that much sweeter. I am certain that day will come, and soon.
In the meantime, roll on the European Cup final. Let’s bring Big Ears home again.
The most expensive team ever assembled SHOULD be the best, even if it has been assembled in the most corrupt manner possible. And yet we still forced the title race to the last day of the season, so feck them.
Setbacks only make this group stronger, we’ll be fecking unstoppable next season.

So, so proud to have had my ticket the past couple of seasons.

SteveJ

Scout
...our beloved club on the brink of an abyss. We’ve clawed our way back from the precipice of extinction
What are they? Mountain-climbing dinosaurs?

No Idea For Nickname

What can I say
I couldn't be more proud of every single person at Liverpool Football Club. We've built something really, really special that is the envy of Europe despite being short of a couple of points.

I can give accolades to every player, but I have to mention Trent, fecking hell that poor lad struggled for the last 15 minutes. He was distraught, his body language displayed the agony he was feeling. He never felt like the hero we regard him as.

Up the fecking Reds, we're going to Madrid.
They're possibly the best but just not the greatest ever. There's a big difference. Previous teams earned their success.
They're assembled with Oil money, like Chelsea they have bought success, most others earned it.
Chelsea was at least a top four team when Abramovich arrived. City finished 16th the season he bought Chelsea.
Given a ground, given a top manager, team and football and still they don't fill the ground.
Could have been Burnley if they had been bought a new ground.
They're cheating c*nts,feck the club,the players & the bald headed mitre ball hating,blood money loving,yellow ribbon wearing c*nt of a manager.

No Idea For Nickname

I love us
I've been elsewhere online with feckwits posting, I'll quote "nothing sweeter than liverpool tears!" and "haha coming second is so liverpool" - these declined my simple request to know what team they support

Good game. Scrappy, I like Wolves. Really went for it, but so did we, and we struggled - and still won.
The future is very bright for us.
I'm shining pride out of me right now - and like, I think this is the only place online that'll put up with it
But ooooooooh that's sweet!
We go again. And we always will!
I think the most important question today has yet to be answered.......

Is the transfer forum open?
We have a big feck off shiny thing to compete for first
I think 1 or 2 deals will be done BEFORE we even go to Madrid.
Possibly already done but nothing will be announced until after Madrid.

SteveJ

Scout
Who talks like this? Wtf is wrong with them?
Voiceover: "You too can Talk RAWK. Begin..."

'My bessie got some pressies for the ressies.'
(Translation: 'My best friend purchased some gifts for the reserves.')

No Idea For Nickname

Also, just wanted to say how great that feeling was when Brighton scored. Yes, it didn't end up in the result we wanted but that was cloud nine for a brief moment.
Bloody right.
We could almost TASTE it.
To quote Stevie G - "We go again".
(But not before we go for number 6)
End of the season, 2015: Smashed by Stoke in Gerrard's last game

End of the season, 2019: 97 points, on our way to a second CL final in two years

Christ, to think about that 4 years ago...
14/15 - 62 pts
15/16 - 60 pts
16/17 - 76 pts
17/18 - 75 pts
18/19 - 97 pts

Maybe we won't get 97 points again next season, maybe we'll smash even that, but we're not going to return to finishing with 60-70 points any time soon!
With regards to the match, the players just looked exhausted.

Origi came off and was totally shot. Robertson was wrecked.

Need to get freshness back and then build up the intensity again over the next three weeks.
Yeah, just feels like we'll never win it. Well, I'll be dead when we do no doubt.
We'll win it with Klopp.
You know something, I haven't had one wind up text from a Manc, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs fan. The only shit I've had on Facebook is from City fans but no one from any other team is jumping on. I think that says it all.
Klopp doesn’t look tired. He looked like he was enjoying it and having fun, as did the boys. It might all be a bit too serious at City, it can be hard to maintain that.

What was Klopp’s quote? Something about if you’re just in it for the holy grail then there’s something wrong, you need to be enjoying the journey. Something like that anyway.

This is what gives me hope for next season. Being too intense is wearing for everyone, it can get really mentally tough after a while. Klopp works them hard but he seems like he has them enjoying their work rather than just the results. It’s a good mix.

No Idea For Nickname

Graham Hunter has said that Guardiola is very very very tired after the run in.

Let’s push him hard next season and hopefully he breaks
oh poor Pip, my heart bleads for him. First time in years someone has dared compete with him.

He can't stand competition, he'll make sure his lovely bosses stock up his team in the summer so he won't have some pesky team like Liverpool tiring him out next season. Wouldn't be surprised if he'll do what Bayern did for him, and tap up one or two of his one and only rival's players.

Guardiola is pathetic.
We'll be just as good if not better next season, he should really brace himself for that!
He should be worried. They'll struggle to convince any of our big players to go to him, van Dijk even had the option of going to city already and chose us instead. Not only that but no matter how much they spend they won't improve much as they already have so much depth, we could spend half of what they do and improve twice as much easily. If they do go out and spend big again that'll surely bring some added pressure for their finances to be looked into.

Irrational.

They need to remember the number of helping hands they had along the way. Dives. Keepers throwing the ball into their nets. A few examples of narrow one goal victories that should've been draws):

Pickford GK error (2 points)
Speroni GK error (2 points)
Rico GK error (2 points)
Lloris GK error (2 points)
Fabinho dive that led to their goal Vs Newcastle (2 points)
Mahrez missed pen in the 85th minute (3 points)

That's 13 points right there. Add this to the fact that City played a lot of games without KdB and Fernandinho, whilst Liverpool's key players stayed fit throughout, playing fewer fixtures (they scrapped the domestic competitions just to keep pace). In the run in, they played their fixtures first the majority of the time giving them an advantage of being on top before City played.

All this talk about Liverpool being this amazing juggernaut is pure bullshit.

The title race shouldn't even have been close, and won't be next season.

Ban

You posting here is so apt.

montpelier

that minute la' - :lol:.

I was going to say it ought to be savoured, but only in the context of taking the piss, tbh.

Josep Dowling

That last one about the holy grail quote is just cringe. Football is all about winning trophies at the level Liverpool play. Who wants to finish second year on year? Some of them have been well and truly fooled by Klopp on that comment.

U-N-I-T-E-D

Liverpool league finishes...

2001/02 - 2nd
2002/03 - 5th

2008/09 - 2nd
2009/10 - 7th

2013/14 - 2nd
2014/15 - 6th

2018/19 - 2nd
2019/20 - 5-7th?

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Never understood why ‘we go again’ has become such a popular phrase among them, considering it’s a symbol of their bottlejob in 2014.

CognitiveNeuro

Never understood why ‘we go again’ has become such a popular phrase among them, considering it’s a symbol of their bottlejob in 2014.
It's pretty effective. It makes their supporters shutup with any questions and complaints towards their own team and look forward to next year. Win nothing again. Rinse and repeat.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Don't Madrid have more than double your EC/CL wins? :lol: