RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

montpelier

The last half dozen pages of the 'Chasing the Title' thread are pretty good. Humble apologies for not being able to quote fully from there this morning. I'm a bit depressed by their claims of winning it relatively easily next year due to City being in decline & needing to rebuild. And I don't have the time, :(.

bedwetters who said this would happen can feck off
Lance Armstrong
snowstorm during the Leicester game

Ban

Everywhere is, can you imagine if they actually won the fecking thing!
Ugh..
First about the atmosphere in 90th min at Anfield than about Salah daughter scoring at the Kop end. It's too much even by their lousy standards. Not to mention love they have for VVD and mentioning a star about nobody dribbling past him 100 times.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Last one.
What makes this even better is that choice of image was necessitated by the fact that you can't find a picture of a PL trophy with all red ribbons on it :lol:

Red00012

What is this 'we shall not be moved' bullshit now? New version of YAWN?
They had a banner in the Kop in the 2nd half saying “we shall not be moved “

I can safely say we don’t want to move ye from 2nd place. Stay there for ever :D

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What’s your prediction score wise for the C.L final?
Hard to say, we’re a better team but Spurs are a good match for us and it definitely won’t be easy. Think we’ll win though, their defence isn’t anything special and Vertonghen and Kane will only be half fit. If we score early, 3-0. If we don’t, 2-1 :D

El-Manos

Hard to say, we’re a better team but Spurs are a good match for us and it definitely won’t be easy. Think we’ll win though, their defence isn’t anything special and Vertonghen and Kane will only be half fit. If we score early, 3-0. If we don’t, 2-1 :D
I’d very surprised if ye didn’t win it. Then again, I didn’t predict the final to be the way it is either :lol:. Nevertheless i’m going with 2-0 for the Pool.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah that gets glossed over a bit - they have had a fantastic season no doubt but they had it in their hands and they blew it.
Indeed. It sounds like the sourest of sour grapes for United fans to bring it up considering we were absolutely nowhere but those four draws early in 2019 took it out of their hands.

Loon

:lol:
You can almost expect a campaign/song/vigil/march/Kickstarter from the dippers to have a Christmas league trophy.

always_hoping

Completely forgot they were 7 points ahead at one point
Going to be hard one for Liverpool players to get over (winning the Champions league might help) . I recall Giggs saying he remembered the titles he lost the most so a penny for the thoughts of Liverpool players that haven't won a title before and had a 7 point lead in this title race only to let City back into it.

Am i right in saying the only teams that was top at Christmas and didn't go on to win the EPL has been Liverpool 3 times now?

Reactions: golden_blunder

Adam_S

Can someone please mock up a "Hearts and Minds" Trophy/Award win or a "Passion" one or something
At school, we have a spirit award for sports day. Maybe the Premier League could do them one of those.

montpelier

Alternative Premier League Table beauty

I know it sucks that the players didn't get the unquestioned trophy validation they desire, the fans don't get the massive celebrate and the organization as a whole doesn't get the league title monkey off their back.

But feck me, 97 points is still a hell of an accomplishment. Just incredible. And more practically it should, to me anyways, render opposition taunts from Arsenal, Chelsea and United fans about lacking a PL title rather hollow. It will still sting from City fans, but logically whatever Chelsea, United and Arsenal did over 38 Premier League games that the trophy represents we matched and surpassed it. There was no season of theirs better than this. And any lack of trophy just shows the practical limitations of the 38 game league as a football test in the first place. The United and Chelsea fans will still taunt of course, but the responsive shrug is going to be stronger than ever.

Hopefully we silence any doubt, logical or not, next season.

montpelier

I think he means separation of trophy-awarding being done in 'seasons' really, innit?

It ought to be superseded by a system of random claims being made asap, imo.

And might be just me, but in retrospect, the APLT graph does give you a good idea of the story of the season. And 'we' were a bit lucky, it's normally quite hard to keep your line climbing upwards. Not that we need to care much, obviously - :lol: :lol:.

Kapardin

Indeed. It sounds like the sourest of sour grapes for United fans to bring it up considering we were absolutely nowhere but those four draws early in 2019 took it out of their hands.
All they had to do was beat Everton or us (one would do). That's where they lost the title. Both of their rivals cost them.

MarylandMUFan

Wow, if he would have just stopped with the following, I would be 100% with him:

"I know it sucks that the players didn't get the unquestioned trophy validation they desire, the fans don't get the massive celebrate and the organization as a whole doesn't get the league title monkey off their back.

But feck me, 97 points is still a hell of an accomplishment. Just incredible."

padr81

Supports
Man City
There was this loon on 606 saying it wasn't fair and it should be 2 points for a win, not 3. Ignoring the fact that it's been that way since the mid 80s.

There was a City fan on after saying he must be an Evertonian on a WUM. Who then went on to say that the domestic treble was better than the proper treble, we got. That out of the mythical quadruple, the CL is the one he's not bothered about missing out on.

What a bunch of weirdos.
City fan was lying, while for the majority PL > CL myself included, any City fan with half a brain would say the CL is always priority no.2 on the list by some distance and always will be. Anyone who gives the FA or League Cup more status than the CL needs to be dropkicked off a plane.

Supports
England

I know it sucks that the players didn't get the unquestioned trophy validation they desire, the fans don't get the massive celebrate and the organization as a whole doesn't get the league title monkey off their back.

But feck me, 97 points is still a hell of an accomplishment. Just incredible. And more practically it should, to me anyways, render opposition taunts from Arsenal, Chelsea and United fans about lacking a PL title rather hollow. It will still sting from City fans, but logically whatever Chelsea, United and Arsenal did over 38 Premier League games that the trophy represents we matched and surpassed it. There was no season of theirs better than this. And any lack of trophy just shows the practical limitations of the 38 game league as a football test in the first place. The United and Chelsea fans will still taunt of course, but the responsive shrug is going to be stronger than ever.

Hopefully we silence any doubt, logical or not, next season.
That's so statistically illiterate. It's nauseating. The OP seems to be implying that season boundaries are arbitrary but they're clearly not because they're arranged around transfer windows that can completely alter the outcome of the surrounding blocks of games (and probably did).

The current system is the mathematically fairest and optimal way to determine which team is the "best" over a block of under 40 games. The only variable that isn't always optimised for fairness is kick-off times, where TV money takes precedence over equity. All randomised variables are normally or evenly distributed across teams and within teams.

There's a reason everyone uses the same basic league format: it works.