RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If long range goals were worth double? What the feck is the point of stuff like that?

If offside goals didn't count they'd have been even further behind. If diving was rewarded with a points deduction they'd have been relegated.

Nobody cares.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Anyone posted this one yet? Keep you eye on the wheelchair users section :nono:

If long range goals were worth double? What the feck is the point of stuff like that?

If offside goals didn't count they'd have been even further behind. If diving was rewarded with a points deduction they'd have been relegated.

Nobody cares.
:lol:
:lol:

DavidDeSchmikes

if long range goals were worth double?:houllier: i guess that goes with the hearts and minds trophy.
What next? If goalkeeper blunders were worth double, Liverpool would have sealed the league in April

fergiesarmy1

One day a Jew, a Hindu, and a scouser all arrived at their hotel to find that there had been a mix-up with the bookings, and that there was only one room left for them to share.

The manager explained that this room only had two beds, but that there was a barn at a neighbouring farm which the farmer, an old friend of his, would let one of them sleep in free of charge.

They complained a bit, but since there was nowhere else to go, the Jew graciously said he’d sleep in the barn.

The Hindu and the scouser were just settling down to sleep in their room, when there was a knock on the door. It was the Jew.

“I’m sorry,” he said, “but there’s a pig in that barn and because I’m Jewish I feel uncomfortable about sharing the barn with it.” “No problem,” said the Hindu. “I’ll sleep out there instead.”

So off he went to the barn, leaving the scouser and the Jew to share the room.

They were just settling down to sleep, when there was a knock on the door. It was the Hindu.

“I’m sorry,” he said, “but there’s a cow in that barn and because I’m a Hindu I feel uncomfortable about sharing the barn with it.”

The scouser grudgingly agreed to give up his bed and stomped off to the barn, leaving the Jew and the Hindu to share the room.

The Jew and the Hindu were just settling down to sleep, when there was a knock on the door.

It was the cow and the pig.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
That last one wouldn't be giving Yeats any sleepless nights.

SteveJ

Scout
RAWK said:
If they have any fight left in them, we take the sting out of the game. We keep possession when necessary. Take the ball when necessary. Defend deep when necessary. Foul the young ingenue out of the game when necessary. We do whatever is necessary. And when our opponent pauses, in the flurry of his youthful intensity, that’s when we plunge our hidden knife deep, deep, deep into a heart that was just not broken enough to fight men like us.

And our hand of death, in twisting the knife, will show every bit of the hard-won skill and ability which lies behind our ruthlessness.

The crushing embrace of inevitability overcomes them. An Icarussing of our opponents: “Who were we, to reach so high? Did we really dare to raise ourselves to the redness of that Liverpool sun? How nice to have flown, but how inevitable that our pale wings should melt, and we should come crashing down into the sea, here, where it’s cool. Here, where gravity doesn’t pull us down anymore. Here, where we belong.”

We do that not because we are cruel – but because this is not a game to us. This is not a beautiful journey. This is who we are. This is what we do.

This is our destiny.

Dreams are beautiful. Dreams give you wings.

But destiny is the sun.

And the sun is red.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No surprise to see scousers boasting about hidden knives. :wenger:

SteveJ

Scout
RAWK said:
The crushing embrace of inevitability overcomes them. An Icarussing of our opponents: “Who were we, to reach so high? Did we really dare to raise ourselves to the redness of that Liverpool sun? How nice to have flown, but how inevitable that our pale wings should melt, and we should come crashing down into the sea, here, where it’s cool. Here, where gravity doesn’t pull us down anymore. Here, where we belong.”
The People's Poet lives!

SteveJ

Scout
Dave, a Liverpool supporter, asks why his club is not universally loved:
F365 letters said:
One would think a club founded on solid football principles, owned by some of the least nefarious owners around, managed by one of the most lovable and admirable manager ever to manage and with a squad of players dripping with decency and virtue would be tolerated and respected at the very least by rival fans, even in this age of internet fueled rivalries and tribalism.
Yep, it's a mystery, Dave.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Dave, a Liverpool supporter, asks why his club is not universally loved:

Yep, it's a mystery, Dave.
I assume the responses to Dave's comments include 'people hate serial winners' to ''because we are European Royalty, there will always be jealousy but always wrapped around respect for our badge.''

big rons sovereign

He pretty much answered his question himself. "Dripping with decency and virtue" :houllier: Jesus!
It's a poor choice of words, I mean dripping tends be a bad thing. Broken fridges, wounds, dripping sandwiches :(
Perhaps shrouded would have been a better choice and I'm surprised it was missed by a scouser. Being poets and all that.