RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
"" Just have to accept that this is not normal Liverpool FC. Something is wrong; a malaise. The players simply don't seem to believe anymore. We can raise ourselves occasionally, but mostly we can't. I don't blame any particular players or any part of the team, though I'm sure plenty of yous will give both barrels to your favourite bete noirs"

Why are they all such flowery fecks? :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
City
Leicester
(RBL)
Everton

Sheffield
Fulham
(RBL)
Wolves

Chelsea
Arsenal
Villa
Leeds

The front and back four of that 12 don’t look very pleasant for them.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Oh god . Unleash your hate again.
Terrible performance, very frustrating to watch .Seem way to cautious and slow with our build up play , at this stage v sides like this I’d rather see us just go for the jugular with the talent we have .
League over.
Not much you can really say after that. Just weren't up for the game at all, yet again against a team in the bottom 6, but Brighton are better than that.

Maybe just unprepared after having to faff around on deadline day, coupled with all the injuries. That was piss poor though.
Deserved to lose. Credit to Brighton. We have lost the mentality that made us monsters.
That was pretty fecking disgraceful
The far more worrying thing is as soon as they scored that was the end of the game
Meh. Back to the usual story... We just can't break down teams this year.
League over now. secure top 4, then take it easy a bit and regroup next year.
Twat of a season.
At least United won't be winning it.
At least the hype around Sunday will die...
Secure Top 4 and go all out in CL.
though can't see us progressing far in CL like this, especially without the energy of Anfield crowd...but at least there we have a chance.
PL title defense is done. we were dealt a rough hand, but could have done better...but it's done.
Just when it finally looked like we'd turned a corner it's right back to that tumescent rubbish. It was exactly the same performance we put in against Fulham, West Brom, Newcastle, Southampton, Burnley. Completely devoid of energy and ideas. Can't even blame the ref for that one, we were just hopeless. Fully deserved win for Brighton, they wanted it more than us and earned their bit of luck with the deflection.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
City
Leicester
(RBL)
Everton

Sheffield
Fulham
(RBL)
Wolves

Chelsea
Arsenal
Villa
Leeds

The front and back four of that 12 don’t look very pleasant for them.
Yeah, but they've been dropping points to the bottom clubs. So who's to say Fulham and Sheffield won't come up with the goods.

I'm in two minds now as to whether or not I want them to beat City. I guess a draw with suspensions is always a good option.

The Hacker

Their utter obsession with “injuries” is a joke! Like they’re the only team to ever experience them, and they bleat like it’s their whole first 11!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Meh. Back to the usual story... We just can't break down teams this year.
League over now. secure top 4, then take it easy a bit and regroup next year.
Twat of a season.
At least United won't be winning it.
:lol:

So they think they have it in them to secure top 4 early enough to take it easy but not challenge for the league? Have they seen where they are in the table?

No Idea For Nickname

The title is gone now regardless of the result on Sunday. Hopefully we'll have enough to hold onto a top 4 spot and then we can try again next year.
We look like a championship team against the bottom teams this season.
The team looked completely clueless and unprepared for the obvious tactics of Brighton, just a fight for top four now.
About time we found some tactics against these shit teams.
Need to bounce back against Man City this weekend.
Bayond pathetic. As bad as anything we've seen in a decade if not more performance wise. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the dressing room at half time. We came out for the second half and literally nothing changed. Not a single thing. I know we have injuries, but we still had more talent on the pitch than Brighton.
Well done Brighton. They deserved that 100%. Focus on the top four and go all out in the Champions League now.
Let's face it - that was shocking. As is our record against the bottom half teams this season.
Try and knick fourth and come back next year, when hopefully we can field a defense and not get an injury every single week.
I am speechless and very upset let's hope we can beat City on Sunday
Race for top 4
The moment Salah missed early on, it looked like it was going to be a long night if we didn't keep that up. He scores, we likely win comfortably. Someone needs to remind our players that we have no height and to stop lofting aimless crosses in.
Brighton thoroughly deserved to win. Liverpool are gift to the bottom 6 that keeps on giving.
And we have accumulated so much deadwood
Not going to be overly critical after the last 3 seasons. Football is cack this season. Just get top 4 and start again
Divock Origi and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain offer absolutely nothing against this sort of team. Baffling substitution.
Pretty poor performance. Will be surprised to see many of those attacking players still here next season.
You could tell after 25 mins it was another ‘won’t score until next Tuesday job’
No problems with the result. The best team won.
Individually and tactically they carried out their plan perfectly.
We on the other hand were absolutely dire individually and tactically.
Think we would all take 4th place now
City to win it by at least 15 points.
Our squad players are contributing very little.
Well done Brighton, defensively fantastic and deserved to win. We were fecking awful.
Wow that was a painful watch.
Salah schooled by Dan bloody Burn says it all really..
There aren’t really the words for how bad that was. And a couple of those lads were shying away from the ball. Not a good sign. Origi needs chasing out of there, laughably bad and -D for effort.

No Idea For Nickname

That might be the worst of the lot
Shit line up, rank tactics, awful subs. Firmino dreadful, Shaqiri dreadful, Thiago absolutely nothing, Gini appalling, Phillips terrible, Robbo terrible, Milner diabolical. Origi and Ox utterly horrific when they came on.
Feel for Mo, Hendo and Kelleher
I love this club, this manager, and most of these players, but that was simply a disgrace. Injury crisis or not. That was far worse, far more crushingly-disappointing, than any of the other recent performances. Honestly that was up there with prime Hodgson. Bewildering, mystifyingly terrible from Mo's chance after two minutes right up to final whistle.
Felt very much like an 03-04 Houllier team again tonight.
Nothing doing up top, front men rarely looking like a goal threat (Emile/Bobby), the main stars struggling to do it all by themselves (Stevie,Owen/Sadio,Mo), the same ineffective options to change things off the bench (Divock,Ox/Vladi,Cheyrou). Just a bit tired at home. Probably a poor analogy - but feels like back then when teams just defend incredibly deep and we have nothing.
Could have played all night and still not score. One of them in a strange year.
Fulham. West Brom. Newcastle United. Southampton. Burnley. Brighton.
The injuries are a valid excuse for this not being the season it should have been, but we've watched the same game 7 or 8 times now, and the fact that we don't seem to know how to solve that issue is a massive worry.
Jota is going to get injured immediately carrying the hopes of millions on his back when he returns.

Kajus

So busy with work, forgot they were even playing tonight. Oh how pleasantly surprised I was to see this thread on the top page!

SER19

Yeah, but they've been dropping points to the bottom clubs. So who's to say Fulham and Sheffield won't come up with the goods.

I'm in two minds now as to whether or not I want them to beat City. I guess a draw with suspensions is always a good option.
Hate to say this but I think city need a reality check soon as possible. Building huge momentum

sidsutton

Felt very much like an 03-04 Houllier team again tonight.
Nothing doing up top, front men rarely looking like a goal threat (Emile/Bobby), the main stars struggling to do it all by themselves (Stevie,Owen/Sadio,Mo), the same ineffective options to change things off the bench (Divock,Ox/Vladi,Cheyrou). Just a bit tired at home. Probably a poor analogy - but feels like back then when teams just defend incredibly deep and we have nothing
The real golden age :drool:

No Idea For Nickname

We’ve fallen a long way since previous seasons when you knew we weren’t getting an equaliser once they scored. Title challenge is done now even if we were to beat City on Sunday. They’re head and shoulders above anyone in this league with our injury list as it currently is.
One of the problems this season is we have to play well to win games again.
We've lost the ability to win without playing well, or grind anything out. Issue is, we were drawing those games. Now we're losing them.
As a result we can't string 3 results together because it's impossible to play well every week in this schedule.
First time I'd say, we were out fought tonight. Brighton collectively wanted that a lot more than us. We were never in the title hunt but tonight puts to bed any ideas that we may have had a chance. Top 4 is the challenge now.
When was the last time Salah took on a defender one on one and went past him? Never happens.

Balls. This season officially sucks balls.
I thought it had turned a bit of a corner, particurlarly with the new signings; turns out they were cheap solutions to a major problem, so still fecking shit.
8 injuries
Becker
Matip Gomez VDV
Keita Fabino
Jota Mane
5 of those 8 would definitely go straight into the side and probably 1 or 2 more as well. The squad players left are coming back from major injuries (Chamberlain) or months of injury (thiago). Then it's old men (Milner) and youths (Jones, Kelleher, Philips, Williams x 2) Just desperate stuff, only Southampton have it worse, and they just got hockied 9-0.
Saying that, some of the decisions by the club are bizarre. An injury crisis and Minamino goes out on loan? Is he really not better than Origi? Also, waiting until the last day of the season to do business (and cheap ass business at that) is really not a good idea. Ah, I'm pissed off, feck this season. Hopefully city don't rinse Liverpool at the weekend.
Yes agree with most of that. Horrific bad luck, can’t remember a team so plagued with injuries right through a campaign.
You could see after 10 mins this was heading the same way as the West Brom and Burnley games - slow, pedestrian and zero cutting edge. So frustrating- the leagues gone, we have a fight in our hands now to stay in the top 4.
The injuries have caught up with us again, was bound to happen. Anyway we were crap no point over analysing it & Brighton were great. Top 4 is the goal now and have a crack in the CL, see what happens hopefully get a few players back for that.
We just can't seem to find any level of consistency this season. The results are all over the place. Two back to back defeats at Anfield: depressing.
Need to bounce back against Man City this weekend.
we probably will, but it's the other games I'm worried about.
Utter fecking shite. Why Jones didn't get longer seems a bit baffling, he turned the game on its head against West Ham. If Klopp rates Origi higher than Taki then if I were Taki I wouldn't be coming back. Yes, he's scored some incredibly important goals for us and will go down in folklore but the lad isnt good enough to rely on.
Well that makes the league pretty difficult. We just look knackered. Thought Friend was fairly shite, but it was all low-level shite - giving a FK against Thiago for anything, seeing Mo, Hendo, Firmino,Gini and others manhandled and gives nothing (Though I think we need to be stronger) You'd be hard pressed to think Salah was a professional footballer after today. I thought Phillips did pretty well, Hendo is still doing well filling in, the keeper did good as well. Unlucky for the goal. Our fullbacks both need a rest. They look fecked. Firmino is still trying and still running, but it's not coming off for him. I'd say the league and any pressure has gone. Concentrate on the 'Champions' League and regroup for next season.
Pretty dismal. But in some ways reassuring. This is not the Liverpool we know. It's not like we're trying everything and coming up short because everyone else is better or something. This is a serious malaise, with something genuinely wrong with the whole team. It's not functioning as we know it can, and therefore we know that it were functioning properly we wouldn't be in this whole.
that was fairly atrocious. We should be beating Brighton. No excuses. But Mane and Ali on top of everything else? I'm not sure how much shit one team is meant to eat in one season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yes agree with most of that. Horrific bad luck, can’t remember a team so plagued with injuries right through a campaign.
Do they not pay attention to other PL teams in other seasons? They’ve had injuries, but it’s far from a plague.

No Idea For Nickname

It's just not happening this season. I'm starting to accept it.
Missed the fans so much.

Fans in that stadium wont let those players play like that.
It was basically a carbon copy of the Burnley game, except Brighton have better footballers.
The whole get it to the fullbacks thing has been worked out.
Very gutted, but Brighton played an excellent game against us
Like Jekyll & Hyde at the moment, this team.
Terrible performance again, can't blame the lads too much as half the team are injured and the half that we've got are playing out of position.
We're so fecking easy to defend against though. I can't believe how many times I just watched Hendo, Robbo, Thiago & Trent floating passes onto CB's heads.
No plan B.
Any reason why milner played the full 90 mins. Was it anything to do with the West ham sub? He absolutely stunk out the place (well most players did tbf) but the fact that we're leaving a 35 year old man who's started the last 4 league games out there for 90 mins is baffling
Embarrassing
Horrendous display, and horrendous choice of subs
Get everyone fresh for next year
Meh! Deserved what we got. Our season has been fecked with major injures.
Whats the rules on goalies with the ball in their hands for a kick? I watched the clock at one point and the Brighton keeper took 10 seconds to take it. It wasn't the only time too.
It will be 81 all over again , 5th and European Cup. Not in Paris is it. Our best eleven on their day carried us for three years. Everyone else are second division players at best..

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
@No Idea For Nickname

"Pretty dismal. But in some ways reassuring. This is not the Liverpool we know. It's not like we're trying everything and coming up short because everyone else is better or something. This is a serious malaise, with something genuinely wrong with the whole team. It's not functioning as we know it can, and therefore we know that it were functioning properly we wouldn't be in this whole."

I can see how that's reassuring :lol: :lol: :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
@No Idea For Nickname

"Pretty dismal. But in some ways reassuring. This is not the Liverpool we know. It's not like we're trying everything and coming up short because everyone else is better or something. This is a serious malaise, with something genuinely wrong with the whole team. It's not functioning as we know it can, and therefore we know that it were functioning properly we wouldn't be in this whole."

I can see how that's reassuring :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like looking down at a severed artery spurting blood but being reassured your heart’s still working.

No Idea For Nickname

This Potter lad might be worth considering
For what exactly?
A book and film series.
Another opponent that just wanted it more.
Nice as he is being about them in public, Klopp must be concerned. He worked so hard to build the winning culture, seeing players just not looking arsed must be killing him.
All credit to Brighton - they were a properly drilled unit from the get go.Unfortunately, you could see that result and performance coming a mile off after the first 10 or so minutes. As as soon as they packed the box and we were playing safe, sideways passes with no one making any runs, you just knew we'd get back into the previous ruts.We look like a Ferrari with a flat battery.
Injuries or no, we have Salah, Firmino (who I really think is probably going to need to move on after this season), Thiago, Gini, TAA and Robbo. The bones of a title winning team, starting in midfield and attack.
Defence is dodgy I can accept, but how are we struggling to create any decent chances.
Worth remembering that we were without Alisson, Matip, VVD, Gomez, Keita, Fabinho, Mane and Jota tonight.
8 players who would have started.
Put your anger in a little perspective folks.
top 4 is everything now. Think we will manage it but it'll be close.
Maybe we can muster up some desire in the Champions League, but otherwise I’m ready for this season to end. Everything about it is pretty shit to be honest. Brighton wanted it more tonight, and it really showed. The players look tired, they don’t have any belief, there is no hunger. Origi shouldn’t be playing for us anymore. People love the idea of Shaqiri being the answer to all of our problems but he’s shown again why he hardly plays for us. A 35 year old Milner shouldn’t be playing three games in a week for us. Oxlade-Chamberlain clearly not trusted. Thiago struggles when the players ahead of him are so static - why is every forward pass by him miscontrolled? It’s really weird.
Car crash of a season.Awful luck with injuries and VAR, one bad selection after another from Klopp, owners stalling when we needed the momentum of signings earlier in the window, complete lack of quality and ideas against bus parkers without fans and hunger. Just get top four and go again next season with a small rebuild.
Genuinely struggling to remember a worse run of performances at Anfield. 4 games, 1 goal, which was scored early in the first of those four games, and not looked like scoring since. I don’t remember a keeper having to make a good, let alone great, save in any of those games. 3 of those teams are in the bottom 6. The opposition have barely missed a block or a tackle in those four games, but that’s because it’s been really quite easy for them. From fortress Anfield to this. It’s a worry. We know how teams are going to play, strange that we just keep doing the same thing all game every game.
I have a strong feeling this is Firminos last season with us