RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Someone correct me if I've got this wrong, but Northern Ireland is in the UK but not Great Britain. The Republic, of course, is in neither.
50% (roughly) of the population of N. Ire. Want to be part of the R. Ó. I.
Its in the UK. at the moment but I would put good money on N. Ire & Scotland being out of the UK by 2030.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
You are correct but don’t forget:

• the one they ripped off the Irish rugby team
• the one they ripped off Napoli/Barcelona/other continental sides

Famous Anfield atmosphere, la.
The Fields of Athenry was originally associated with Co. Galway GAA teams in the late 80s early 90s.
Glasgow Celtic,. Irish Rugby & Munster Rugby have all appropriated it since.
The scousers execrable version only surfaced a few years ago. Robbed like everything else they have.

Mindhunter

Apparently they were robbed by Leicester who won 3-1 on the day. One of those goals was a gift from Allison.

Pointless to talk about football after what we've seen today. Our heads went completely once we were robbed again. It's far from ideal but unfortunately it's somewhat understandable after all we've had to through over the last few months. We have lost that absolute determination and confidence necessary to fight adversities.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Imagine conceding that second goal and then trying to blame it on the referee somehow. :houllier:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Imagine conceding that second goal and then trying to blame it on the referee somehow. :houllier:
The third wasn't great either. Salah sloppily gives it away in the middle of the park, two-three passes later Barnes is through on goal.

RashyForPM

The third wasn't great either. Salah sloppily gives it away in the middle of the park, two-three passes later Barnes is through on goal.
And the first goal, far from Pool being robbed, Leicester have every right to feel aggrieved that they didn’t put the ball in sooner. Debatable pen, and an onside goal initially called offside.

Out of curiosity, if anyone can remember, can someone please explain what this lot were like during the Hodgson days where they nearly went down?

Maagge

And the first goal, far from Pool being robbed, Leicester have every right to feel aggrieved that they didn’t put the ball in sooner. Debatable pen, and an onside goal initially called offside.

Out of curiosity, if anyone can remember, can someone please explain what this lot were like during the Hodgson days where they nearly went down?
I don't think the FA was corrupt during the Hodgson days. They were basically resigned to them being shit I think.

RashyForPM

I don't think the FA was corrupt during the Hodgson days. They were basically resigned to them being shit I think.
Very surprised considering the nonsense they’ve spouted this season. Hope it gets back to that soon.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I mean they specifically blame the ref for the second goal because they think Mane was fouled. Should take a closer look at how their own players contributed to conceding that goal.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I can see them not winning the title for another 30 Years:D

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Their manager has instilled a victim mentality in the club. All he rambles on about in post match interviews is excuses after excuses.
I don't think they will get back to their best to be honest, which is nice.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I mean they specifically blame the ref for the second goal because they think Mane was fouled. Should take a closer look at how their own players contributed to conceding that goal.
Luckily they are unlikely to do that as they'll continue to blame external factors.

Grump

Their manager has instilled a victim mentality in the club. All he rambles on about in post match interviews is excuses after excuses.
To be fair. They already had that victim mentality long before Klopp :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
City
Leicester
(RBL)
Everton

Sheffield
Fulham
(RBL)
Wolves

Chelsea
Arsenal
Villa
Leeds

The front and back four of that 12 don’t look very pleasant for them.
So far:

Played: 2
Lost: 2
Goals scored: 2
Goals conceded: 7

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
tbf. Its like the mirror definition of a terrorist -- one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

Victim mentality is another's siege mentality which Fergie was famous for instilling.

Maagge

So far:

Played: 2
Lost: 2
Goals scored: 2
Goals conceded: 7
It's probably the best value in a long time betting on a Liverpool win against Everton (depending on how they fare against Leipzig).

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The Fields of Athenry was originally associated with Co. Galway GAA teams in the late 80s early 90s.
Glasgow Celtic,. Irish Rugby & Munster Rugby have all appropriated it since.
The scousers execrable version only surfaced a few years ago. Robbed like everything else they have.
I knew that but felt our audience here wouldn’t know about Galway GAA so I mentioned the Irish rugby team thinking it would prove a more useful link. :D

Plus, I don’t like to give any credit to a team which included the diminutive, bitter man that is Pete Finnerty. If Galway hurlers never win a game again, it’ll be too soon! :D

Crimson King

tbf. Its like the mirror definition of a terrorist -- one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

Victim mentality is another's siege mentality which Fergie was famous for instilling.
I can't remember Fergie ever really blaming anyone else too much even we were on a bad run though.

I mean he lashed out against poor refereeing decisions, like everyone does, but when performances were just poor he wouldn't deny that. Didn't criticise anyone publicly but you knew people were getting an earful in the dressing room.

giggs-beckham

Clueless

He purposefully tried to make us hated so the players had something to fight against. I don't think Klopp is trying anything like that he's just acting like a child and making excuses. He might be different in the dressing room but the bad champions seem to be mirroring his attitude.

MikeeMike

He purposefully tried to make us hated so the players had something to fight against. I don't think Klopp is trying anything like that he's just acting like a child and making excuses. He might be different in the dressing room but the bad champions seem to be mirroring his attitude.
Explaining to everyone how it was offside but he saw it wasn’t. A part of Liverpool defenders foot was playing him onside but a millisecond later 3 Leicester players were offside so it is objective. Not quite quoted verbatum but contradiction central.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I think they have installed this mentality in him.

hubbuh

City
Leicester
(RBL)
Everton

Sheffield
Fulham
(RBL)
Wolves

Chelsea
Arsenal
Villa
Leeds

The front and back four of that 12 don’t look very pleasant for them.
That Chelsea game could well decide their season. Lose and they probably aren't getting top 4, assuming they manage to hang on until then and pick up a few wins on the way. No Champions League would be absolutely disastrous for them and would solidify their status as the world's worst champions ever, forever.

Chief123

It makes it even more embarsssing that Liverpool fans tried to put this team in the argument for greatest ever premier league team.

They were seriously comparing them to the Utd 99 and 08 team. :lol:

Chief123

I found it amazing how he tried to claim the lines were drawn a millisecond too early. That was seriously embarsssing trying to argue with technology.

The ex referee on BT sport even explained after the game that all the cameras in the ground are synced up with each other. So every camera freezes at the point of contact with the ball.

The fact Klopp tried to say the whole worlds eyes were lying was desperate.:lol:

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I knew that but felt our audience here wouldn’t know about Galway GAA so I mentioned the Irish rugby team thinking it would prove a more useful link. :D

Plus, I don’t like to give any credit to a team which included the diminutive, bitter man that is Pete Finnerty. If Galway hurlers never win a game again, it’ll be too soon! :D
Bullshit. I know Pete and you couldn't wish to know a sounder fella.
Tipperary man I guess?

Water Melon

Imagine if they won the CL
RBL gifted them both goals. Pool were the deserved winners, but they do not look like a team to win CL this season. Hopefully, it will be a non-English team lifting the big ears in May.

Josh 76

If this team wins the CL, the standard of football has dropped to the lowest level ever.

Their make shift defence surely can't hold out the likes of PSG, Bayen, City or even Real Madrid and Juventers.

And another factor which is against them is they won't have those great Anfield nights under the flood lights to get them out of jail.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
They're not the weakest team left in the competition by a long shot.

That said, I think their chances would be much higher if they were playing one-off ties.

Judging them against the team left in the competition most likely to play to their favour, who weren't even able to have a home leg, is pointless.

Steve Bruce

50% (roughly) of the population of N. Ire. Want to be part of the R. Ó. I.
Its in the UK. at the moment but I would put good money on N. Ire & Scotland being out of the UK by 2030.
Most polls show that UI support is around 25 to 30% so I think your a bit optimistic with your % of support and time line.

It's a very crude measurement to use religious background as a measure for support for UK or UI

A Protestant isn't necessarily a unionist and a Catholic isn't necessarily a nationalist/Republican.

I know a number of Catholics that wouldn't vote for an United Ireland & I know a protestant who would vote for whatever he feels would suit his pocket, he has no ideology preference.

When you look at the breakdown of the assembly neither nationalist or unionists have the majority however alliance which is 'neutral' generally get the majority of their support from unionists with a small u.

Demographics have changed a lot in the religious breakdown, this is due to higher death rates to protestants due to having more older people, higher birthrate of catholics and also the majority of foreign born people coming to northern ireland are from a Catholic background as well.

This is basically what SF are hanging their hat on, but as said previously it's not as simple as that.

I'm not saying their won't be an UI in the future but imo it'll be at the earliest around 20 years time but could take 50.