RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

djembatheking

:lol: because he was the only one at the time to be hampered. And don't forget Barcelona were great too which is why Ferguson only won two CLs in 125 years of management whereas Brian Clough managed that in two. We could go all day. :)
How old do you think Fergie is?

clarkydaz

Once Fergie won a title he never finished below third in the league again for the rest of his career.... Klopp is gonna finish 8th this season. There is no comparison to be made. Compare Klopp to Ranieri or Dalglish - or some other 'I won the league once' merchant. Not a guy who fecking won it 13 times in the space of 20 seasons.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I know this sounds bloody weird but our rivals of Utd, Everton, Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs all have tough games this weekend......or tougher games than us this weekend.......well, we're home and you know we're quite shit at home aren't we so maybe's Utd's trip to City is more likely to be fruitful than ours !
If you didn't laugh eh
Losing Salah during the beginning of next season due to the Olympics and Mane to AFCON during January 2022 isn't going to be ideal either.
Also, why the feck did someone not kick the shit out of Kovacic? Just an acceptance of defeat and giving up. Pathetic.
Gotta say that was the last straw for me. Seeing Mane have the ball booted in his face then watching absolutely nobody give a single feck. Kick off, have Manes back, fecking scream at someone, have a go at the ref show some fecking fight. Nothing from anyone. Was horrible to see.
No doubting Gini’s effort, but he ain’t no captain, and it what does it say to the dressing room when a splitter gets the armband?
My head is wrecked with this shit. No idea how by Jurgs is feeling.
Seems loads f things wrong and no simple fix
Sounds like he delivered a bollocking today.
On a more process oriented level I think we should remember what has been put forward as one of our greatest strengths and accomplishments over the last few seasons; the fact that this team has been much better than the sum of its parts, that it's been punching above it's weight with regards to investment in the team etc. One of the main reasons for this is that the team has been exceptionally, maybe even historically uniquely well CHOREOGRAPHED. The understanding between the players, in every phase of play, the synchronicity. To quote Salieri in "Amadeus" "take out one note and the structure falls". Imagine a dance troupe having to change a couple of members between each performance, not having time to rehearse properly between shows.
I think the team is just gone. We will finish 6-9 IMO. Yes, they put in the effort but I don’t think there is any desire anymore. Mané is the perfect example of that. Just a complete shadow of the player he once was. It’s different to Bobby, he’s just done
What an absolute load of w#nk, first 25 minutes I thought Allardyce was our manager.
Mane and Alisson have turned into pub players, the lack of quality in the team is quite unbelievable.
Absolutely fuming with that tonight, might as well play the academy players surely they could have mustered more than one shot at goal.

SirScholes

:lol: because he was the only one at the time to be hampered. And don't forget Barcelona were great too which is why Ferguson only won two CLs in 125 years of management whereas Brian Clough managed that in two. We could go all day. :)
Haha is this what happens when normality returns and you’re back to just making up the numbers haha salty tears

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
We can still get 4th. Leicester fully capable of dropping a lot of points. Same with United.
A one goal loss to Leipzig next week also keeps our season alive.
Though it’s hard to care. Too much has happened.
Make a fresh start in August. New players, new formation, new tactics. Even if it takes a couple of years to bed in.
It feels like this team is done. An era is over.
The era is over but we can still get top four?
Which one is it ?
Both.
We can get top four because some of the teams currently above us are not all that good, either.
City is in a league of their own.
Everybody else is, like us, all over the place.
If I recall correctly ; at around Xmas we were top of the league and people were talking about Ole getting the sack. Things can change quickly. Man Utd, Leicester, Spurs, Villa, West Ham ... They're all capable of dropping points. Our end of the deal is that we need to find a way to win again which we are v struggling with. But one must not lose hope now. Probably the right thing to say is temper your expectation but don't lose hope
We're definitely best at making excuses.
The players aren't turning up. All teams are tired, all teams don't have supporters in the stadium. We have had most injuries, so shouldn't expect a title challenge but we're not even getting a top 4 challenge from ALL the players.
Never seen Liverpool implode like this after a title year. So sad beggars belief.
We still have a shot at 4th and the European Cup. Imploding? That's a great season for the likes of Everton.
Are standards are very high but like others have said this isn't football, without fans and the ridiculous injury situation i give the whole team a pass this season to be honest.
Klopp looks to be a little lost and hurting at the moment and for many understandable reasons. I think his key mistake is trying to play real football in a season which is fake. It’s the only thing I think Guardiola has done well this season, adapting the City style and using players to suit the unreality of the current season. He has all of the advantages, money, squad size, media and he has as usual used those advantages. I still wouldn’t swap him for Klopp, he’s basically a flat track bully. Klopp turned also rans into champions both here and in Germany. He is the normal one but we are in unusual times, normal isn’t really suited to the nonsense being called football this season. It would be very apt if the richest club in the world buy the quadruple in a season that is all about football as a business and nothing to do with the football I grew up loving.
More people watching football at Greenbank than at Anfield.
Football without supporters isn't football.
Subbuteo gave the decided 'home' player a pre-match penalty chance advantage. They knew.
feck this shit, we should plant potatoes on the pitch, cos no-one can go to their allotments.
I am proud that we are insisting on demonstrating the power of supporters by their absence.
I worry supporters will never be back in the stadium.
I worry we can only look forward to commentators on an endless loop.
But would you/we be saying this if we were playing scintillating football and top of the league ?
I reckon Kanre’s handball gets given with fans in the ground. It was such an obvious one
You think Atkinson will ever give us anything? It would have been given for them
What stuck out the most for me was the amount of times we passed it straight to their keeper.
Horrendous and I'm sorry but I'm simply not arsed anymore this season.
We were 1-0 down with a few minutes to go, I think everyone, including Mane himself, just wanted to get on with it. Kovacic would have been happy with a delay, he was asking for trouble even after the kick. With hindsight, I agree, someone should have decked him.
We’ve always been a soft team, don’t argue decisions, hug up with opposing teams who break our players leg etc.. Could do with another Robbo or an extra scouser or two.
We must have some of the nicest players around. To see Kovacic deliberately kick the ball at Sadio's head whilst he was on the ground and do absolutely nothing was surprising. I am not advocating breaking his jaw a-la Souness or even a St John right hook but to not even have a word with the git was odd. Yes the game was near the end but if the players don't stick up for each other these sort of liberties will seem to be OK as there won't be a response. A Tommy Smith finger wag would have been enough to make Kovak leave the ground asap.
I completely support the manager and players through this difficult time, however, the lack of reaction to Kovacic booting the ball against Mane’s head was unacceptable. My twin boys who were watching the match went mental. I have seen their under 11’s team stick up for their teammates better that. In addition, unsurprisingly Atkinson thought done nothing. That could easily have caused a head injury. Commentators also pathetic, said it was naughty. Nobody gave a feck!! Pathetic
Mentality monsters when they've got 50,000 fans behind them. Soft as shite when they haven't. The total absence of fight and anger at everything going is arguably worse than the way they're playing for me. None of them look like they're hurting at this. They deservedly got all the praise in the world for their efforts last season but what they're serving up every week now is piss poor and deserves criticism. We all know about the injuries and the shite officiating, but that doesn't excuse the complete absence of urgency or aggression in their play.
We haven’t scored a goal from open play at Anfield in ten hours of football... that’s something that runs much deeper than a few injuries.
I feel like saying the players are looking completely demoralised is talking about the thing that is running deeper?? This was a team Klopp called mentality monsters, and their mentality looks broken.
They should retire the number 12 jersey and award it to the Kop because it's become apparent that the extra man legend is half truth.

Ladron de redcafe

Sir Alex managed for 125 years?
Brian Clough won the Champions League?

Is this a bad attempt at humor or are you just unhinged that Liverpool are embarassing themsleves that you've resorted to a meltdown on here?

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
So its true he does run players into the ground. My, Nothing wrong with it, still an amazing feat. Guess there is always be more than one way of doing things eh.

dal

Didn't Ferguson take 13 years to win a CL? Klopp did it in 4. That's a funny stat.
Seriously though the capitulation here is an outlier, Klopp has a bit of adversity and almost looks beaten.

Teams go through adversity agreed but I almost feel embarrassed for Liverpool, behind the sofa stuff.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
So its true he does run players into the ground. My, Nothing wrong with it, still an amazing feat. Guess there is always be more than one way of doing things eh.
He has done before, but the previous two seasons he had tempered that style a lot. By last season they weren't as all action, gegenpressing attackers as they were when he first joined. So I am not sure that that is the reason why they have been so bad this season. Their style of play in recent years has been to bypass midfield, boot it up the fullbacks or attackers and play intricate football in the final third. I think it's just been found out, and Klopp has no answer to teams being able to beat him.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Not from Rawk but still, I hope this is a wind-up. :lol:

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Unless they do a coutinho, i don't think they can regenerate enough money to refresh that asthmatic, physically broken squad. Its amazing how much they ran and ran for years, and with very little squad rotations too.
Not sure is a combination of teams shutting down their fullbacks or physical exertional limit or klopp doing a klopp, its just brilliant.

clarkydaz

Seriously though the capitulation here is an outlier, Klopp has a bit of adversity and almost looks beaten.

Teams go through adversity agreed but I almost feel embarrassed for Liverpool, behind the sofa stuff.
Imagine if Klopp lost CR7 and had to replace him with Tony Valencia. Thats a lotta hugs

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Them finishing 7th and qualifying for the Europa conference would be fecking amazing!
You know whats interesting ? Everton and west ham are above them and spurs, arsenal and villa are only a couple of points behind, but all of them have a game in hand and some even have two games in hand!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Yeah it's pretty bad. But I'd rather we hit all this shite phase in one go (injuries, the bemusing ref decisions, out of caffeine, covid) and get it out of the way. We have ageing players that need replacing next season but I want Klopp here doing that, not any other manager.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
You know whats interesting ? Everton and west ham are above them and spurs, arsenal and villa are only a couple of points behind, but all of them have a game in hand and some even have two games in hand!
If we're not making top four then one can only pray that we don't make Europa places. Don't want that shit next season.

Denis' cuff

similar to Paisley then, eh? Only we were hampered by being banned from Europe for years thanks to your scallies in Brussels. Took years to get back on track in Europe for everybody.

We were also serial title winners, or at least contenders whilst competing in Europe. Not cruising in mid table like you lot and Chelsea, saving yourselves for a knockout competition.

Josh 76

If we're not making top four then one can only pray that we don't make Europa places. Don't want that shit next season.
Europa league gives managers to play their squad players so they are match fit when needed.

Keeping 18 players happy by just playing in the league has its own problems.

Plus the extra revenue from match days is vital now due to covid.

GoldTrafford99

similar to Paisley then, eh? Only we were hampered by being banned from Europe for years thanks to your scallies in Brussels. Took years to get back on track in Europe for everybody.

We were also serial title winners, or at least contenders whilst competing in Europe. Not cruising in mid table like you lot and Chelsea, saving yourselves for a knockout competition.

Sure some of Liverpool and Notts Forest and Aston Villas European Cup wins came from playing five games or seven games total (and winning two two-legged affairs and then a final).. FFS, you had to play that many games just to get out of the group stages under Fergie's reign.. on top of that, the Top Four of every major country was in the European Cup in Fergie's era... not just six or 8 teams in total...)

One Liverpool European Cup win came after they beat Trabzonspor, St Etienne, Zurich and then Monchengladbach in the final... (Literally every team in CL these days gets a tougher Group Stage than that run to the final...

The Champions League is a different beast to the European Cup, save fr the trophy itself.

Yet, despite all that:

No manager won more European trophies than Alex Ferguson.

No manager appeared in more European finals than Alex Ferguson.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Europa league gives managers to play their squad players so they are match fit when needed.

Keeping 18 players happy by just playing in the league has its own problems.

Plus the extra revenue from match days is vital now due to covid.
Have you seen how many VvDs we've had injured this season? I'm happy with the squad players twiddling their thumbs rather than adjusting their knee braces.

Josh 76

Have you seen how many VvDs we've had injured this season? I'm happy with the squad players twiddling their thumbs rather than adjusting their knee braces.
You maybe happy, but don't think your owners will be happy losing that extra revenue. Then you will throw the "Klopp wasn't backed" card.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
You maybe happy, but don't think your owners will be happy losing that extra revenue. Then you will throw the "Klopp wasn't backed" card.
I don't think you've ever heard me or any other pool fans saying our managers were not backed by FSG. No reason to think I will say that next season even if Klopp doesn't get all the players he wants.

As for finance, Europa means nothing from sponsorship perspective (we already have the Nike deal) and is certainly meaningless in prize or TV money. Despite continuously jesting about signing Mbappe or Haaland (and them saying they want to play for Klopp) we never sign these types of players. We should have no attraction issues trying to get in the next young, currently little heard of, Salah and Mane types though.

Ladron de redcafe

I don't think you've ever heard me or any other pool fans saying our managers were not backed by FSG. No reason to think I will say that next season even if Klopp doesn't get all the players he wants.

As for finance, Europa means nothing from sponsorship perspective (we already have the Nike deal) and is certainly meaningless in prize or TV money. Despite continuously jesting about signing Mbappe or Haaland (and them saying they want to play for Klopp) we never sign these types of players. We should have no attraction issues trying to get in the next young, currently little heard of, Salah and Mane types though.
Tell us more about how Sir Alex Ferguson managed for 125 seasons and "failed" in Europe.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Personally, I can't imagine anything more glorious than from going from 'world champions' who were the 'best ever' PL team to the Europa Conference League in one season.