RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

The Oracle

I actually just read a few more statistics on this game that's pretty damning:

• Last time a team suffered 6 home defeat in a row was Huddersfield in 18/19 season; they finished the league with 16 points
  • 3 points out of possible 21 from last 7 games, 12 out of 42 from last 14 games.
  • First time Liverpool lost 6 home games in a season since 53/54. They were relegated that season.
  • Failed to score in their last 115 shots at Anfield excluding penalties and own goals
  • Winless in last 8 home games; Last time they were winless for longer streak was the 51/52 season.

...You're probably right. The fortress has fallen in such a spectacular fashion :lol:
Wow those stats are quite something.

To think they were unbeaten at home in the league for nearly 4 years... and then they lose 6 consecutive league games at home. Incredible.

You're right, their fortress really has collapsed.

Wayne's World

After all the fecking abuse they have given us over the last 3 years. Seeing them suffering is a joy to my heart

I LOVE THIS GAME!! :lol::lol::lol:

The Neville wears Prada

And the media were touting them as 'the best EVER Premier League team'.... I would rate them one of the worst ever PL teams (similar to Blackburn level when they won it and disappeared soon after and very similar to the Leicester team that won it).

Too much weight is added to 'points totals', when really that is not the best way to measure brilliance as there are many contributing factors that are exclusive to each particular season. The fact is that this Liverpool team was always criminally overrated.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I actually just read a few more statistics on this game that's pretty damning:

• Last time a team suffered 6 home defeat in a row was Huddersfield in 18/19 season; they finished the league with 16 points
  • 3 points out of possible 21 from last 7 games, 12 out of 42 from last 14 games.
  • First time Liverpool lost 6 home games in a season since 53/54. They were relegated that season.
  • Failed to score in their last 115 shots at Anfield excluding penalties and own goals
  • Winless in last 8 home games; Last time they were winless for longer streak was the 51/52 season.

...You're probably right. The fortress has fallen in such a spectacular fashion :lol:
Fortress? It's more of a brothel these days.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Wow those stats are quite something.

To think they were unbeaten at home in the league for nearly 4 years... and then they lose 6 consecutive league games at home. Incredible.

You're right, their fortress really has collapsed.
Its because of the lack of fans. No other club has an atmosphere quiet like Anfield. :rolleyes:

EngimaMK

Liverpool forum seems to have more conspiracies about the fully deserved penalty than the man City forum. Never saw many city fans questioning it. Liverpool fans on the other hand....

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Liverpool forum seems to have more conspiracies about the fully deserved penalty than the man City forum. Never saw many city fans questioning it. Liverpool fans on the other hand....
most likely because in the grand scheme the loss for City is not going to stop them winning the league, whereas for Liverpool their vision of success for this season would be to somehow finish above United - which that penalty helped to make a lot less likely.

11 points :lol:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
For me the squad needs a substantial overhaul in the summer
I would let Matip, Ox, Shaq, Wilson, grujic, Origi, all go
As well as Gino , Karius, Adrian all going.
It leaves room for a decent centre half, utility midfielder and a number 9 who can play across the front.
Definitely feel we are easy to play against for the low block teams so we need to reinvent ourselves.
So no 1st team players barring Gini?

You do understand that we tend to buy players mainly to be in the 1st team
Well, Matip can be considered first team, and Ox, Shaqiri, Origi, etc., are our most used back ups. I guess your point is more about whether we should look to offload one or two ‘stars’ for big bucks, allowing us to bring in quality first-teamers. I’m still not sure where I stand on that...
Yes I do but we need a first team squad of more than 11 as this year has shown.
Only first teamer would be under real pressure is Bobby,
Given the finances in Spain would struggle to see a big bid coming in for Salah or Mane.( who are our most sellable assets)

That starting combo of Gini and Milner really............
Haha - I mean you've got to laugh really haven't you, it looked a bit stodgy 3 years ago.
It was but the comfort surely has to be the amount of talent that was on the pitch at the end, as well as those not there.
Would have been a bit more comforting if we looked like scoring with them on
I’d move a few training sessions to Anfield, let the players remember what the nets are there for.

The summer will be a true test of how much FSG really care about the club (their assest) WIthout investment it's going to lose value. Let's see how brave they are.
Yes. This a million times over. If we refuse to spend big on a CB and a number 9 this summer then we're in colossal trouble. Even then we probably need a Gini/ Milner/ Ox replacement (2 might still be at the club but aren't good enough to get minutes anymore) and another CB.
I've stuck up for them every window saying that they must be building a war chest for the next and they've constantly let me/us down.
Well no more,feck them,January told us all we need to know.
They really don't give a feck.
Prepare to be disappointed. FSG has always been very upfront with them not spending a penny. Since we have no matchday income our budget is slashed severely, and in covid times we cannot really sell players for value either.
We also still have to pay for Jota and Thiago. In short we are skint.
Then if we are skint, we should lower our expectations and focus on staying top 4 until we are not. City, United, Arsenal and Chelsea are all going to add new players this summer.
Arsenal will likely get Aouar, United will go for their summer big signing maybe Sancho, City will be for a big marquee striker since Jesus is shit and Aguero is aging and finally Chelsea are going to go for a top class CB and possibly another midfielder.
Top four will be the priority but at the end of the game we had Alisson, Trent, Robertson, Keita, Fabinho, Mane, Salah, Jota all on the field and thats ignoring the fact that we had Jones on the bench and Van Dijk, Gomez, Henderson nowhere near the squad. The amount of talent we have in this squad is insane.

If i were Klopp Id ask Van Dijk and Henderson to beat the shit out of the squad in pre-season and those who turn up to training the following day can stay.
Could get Joey Barton in to do a job.

What do you want ?
Seriously
What’s the endgame here?
FSG aren’t sheiks with a trillion quid family treating the club like a chew toy
How many more times is it going to Need saying
Do you want them out and richer people in that will spend spend spend. I wouldn’t mind to be honest but at least come out and say it instead of going on about FSG who simply arent going to do that
I want owners who share our ambitions.
They've delivered trophies surely thats matching our ambitions?
or you want a soulless oil run club like chelsea and man city?
Don't you get it, for decades we have had one of the biggest incomes in World football. We are European royalty. We have always won trophies.
we had a 15 year gap between our CL wins, where did the income go, it wasn't always Fsg that owned the club.
Don't forget we were also on the verge of going bust in that 15 years
yes, which is my point to the other post, we can be who we are or end up like city, something most of us don't want
A football team is like a chain you are only as good as your weakest link.
Imagine our forwards playing against Phillips and the two Williams.
While this is true, if that defence is so tragic, why on earth are we STILL defending a high line? Especially when you've got the might of a 35 year old Milner, a half arsed Wijnaldum, Keita and Jota playing for the first time in months and a morose Shaqiri in front of you?
That's a team put out to lose any game at this level, quite frankly. I saw that team and just wanted to get to half time at 0-0 and then try and win it from the bench.
What alternative do we have to playing a highline though. Teams park the bus. If we don't play a highline then we just leave a chasm between defence and midfield. Our biggest issue is that we can't commit players forward because we have two pub players playing centre half.
Williams played none League last season and Phillips played 2nd tier in Germany.
That's not pub players but whatever. It's tedious & hugely disrespectful to them (Williams in particular).
You can't play a high line with three very slow, inexperienced defenders who've never played together before and a very slow DM in front of them against a decent footballing side who can cut you open and have pace down the sides.
That was a side put out to lose in the first half. Would playing deeper and try to hit Fulham on the counter have been any worse? It's not like they're a bus parking team.
If you tried..you can be even more disrespectful to Klopp, have another go.
He's prioritised the CL game in the week. He's done all he can all season to avoid playing Williams and Phillips together (whether it be playing Henderson in midfield, throwing Kabak straight in, rushing Matip back, even against Villa's youth team Fabinho started). But today he played them both and Fabinho was on the bench.

Leipzig has been deemed the higher priority game.
Something which is quite apparent..to suggest Klopp has put a team together for whatever reason set up to go out and lose..give yer head a wobble lad.
That's disrespectful & you can't swerve or sugarcoat it neither.

No Idea For Nickname

On Carragher..
Nothing like the club's record og scorer slagging off Liverpool's current crop of defenders, including a lad who's typically first pick for England when he was fifth.
Scab as far as I'm concerned he should be stripped of his legendary status, working for murdoch now apparently appearing on talksport which is owned by the sun newspaper! Writes a column for the tory telegraph, Colin Murray a liverpool fan handed in his cards at talksport when he found out the sun newspaper took over that's a liverpool fan, can't bear to look at carra anymore, yet if you bring it up to fellow liverpool fans they don't address it and make excuses for him. The fat lad who does rafa impressions also working for talksport yet seen him at away grounds with his jft96 sticker on, Traitors and should be treated as YAWN
How can an Evertonian play for Liverpool, that's just mind-boggling to me.
Loads of Evertonians have played for Liverpool Carra, Fowler, Owen to name three. And wasn't Ian Rush an Evertonian?
That 'mentality midgets' comment today though. Christ. What a gobshite.
He said "I played in some really poor Liverpool teams but..." before proceeding to shit on this side.
I am so glad I don't have to listen to his moronic words anymore, its bliss watching it with the sound turned down.
Dickhead Carra why does he keep getting our games?
Lookman went down easier than Salah did... no comments though.
Naturally not he's an ex-Blueshite.
Carragher is a total prick
He’s probably gutted Stevie’s got a title today since he’ll never get to experience one himself
Total silence when the plane was flying around,kids have sky on and I've got Dazn with headphones and they had to ask me what the noise was,can't even rely on a guy who has Captained us to put the message out & yet some people still defend the c*nt. "Strength in Unity"
They did quickly show it. Not a comment on it at all though.
on commentators..
Micah Richards is the biggest dickhead ever to be a pundit on a football match and that's saying something. An actual clown.
This Tyler honestly does not know when to just shut his fecking mouth. He just chunners on and on and on.
Honestly he's the worst professional commentator on any media outlet. I can take ex-pros being shit as they aren't trained journo's.
Martin Tyler is a truly shocking commentator.
Regurgitating random stats to the masses is old news. Once upon a time, a pundit throwing stats around was reasonably interesting as we were amazed to know how they did their research.
Any kid over the age of 10 with access to Google can quickly find the stats this c*nt spouts in seconds.
AND ITS LIVE!!!...OH feck OFF!
Never really minded Gary Neville as a pundit, but recently he’s been a c*nt. Giddy because United are second, probably struggled seeing us be so far ahead of them recently.
The Gary Neville of 4 or 5 years ago, when he (and all United fans) were all still quite cocky as it had only been a couple of years without winning the league, and we had yet to properly get going, would have described any side being as satisfied as they clearly are with being in second, and miles off the top, as “embarrassing”. He would have thought that City/Arsenal/Liverpool fans popping champagne corks at the sight of Manchester United losing a game, or doing poorly, would be pathetic. Yet there he is, celebrating what he once would have called mediocrity, in public. “It’s not just about finishing second, it’s how they finish second”. “2nd is 2nd” they gloated when we finished 2nd on 97 points. “No-one remembers the losers”. Now it seems that the manner in which you finish miles off the top is suddenly, mystifyingly, important.
Had the misfortune to listen to 2 minutes of Danny Mill's yesterday,
Did all his troubles seem so far away?
his brain did anyway. And hair, the baldy tube
I can't even hide my feelings on Tyler. I fully loathe the c*nt. I've never really cared much for what anyone inside the 'football media' have to say - but I genuinely fecking hate the man. Shame us winning the title didn't finish him off on air.
Tick tock you old bastid
“Salah played for Chelsea here once. It’s a fixture that Liverpool fans won’t thank me for reminding them of”
Never fecking fails to bring it up though, does he?
Tyler needs binned off. That comment about Klopp looking grumpy recently was disgusting.
I really hope somebody has had a word with him about that, at best it was insensitive, at worst it was downright nasty.
And yes he definitely needs binning off. I always have a little sigh now when he's on comms, even when it's not one of our games.
Phil McNulty's "Mockery" article is a feckin disgrace. He should be feckin sacked for that... Useless table tennis head prick!
Tyler's a fecking c*nt, hope someone throws a milkshake at him. I'm convinced the only reason Sky keep him on is people talk about him on social media.
That's the only reason Sky do anything. It's clickbait TV - the pundit 'arguments' are plainly planned out.
Michael Owen claiming that the reason Mane didn't go down in the penalty area last night is because he doesn't want Mo Salah to score.
Trecherous c*nt (Owen, not Mane).
Jesus fecking Christ.
Actually its Judas
Our own ambassador, Michael Owen:
"Mo Salah is the penalty taker in this team, and if he (Mane) thinks he’s getting a chance to score he thinks ‘well I’m going to score, if I don’t stay on my feet, Mo’s going to get another penalty’’.”
So if Mane goes down he's a diver and a cheat. If he stays on his feet he's deliberately trying to stop his team mate scoring.
We can't win whatever we do in the media, but it's a lot harder when our own 'legends' like Carragher, Owen, Hamann and Murphy are the worst snipers of the lot.. What is it with that generation? Like there's not enough Liverpool haters sticking the boot in.
Stating the obvious but feck me, Steve Macshithouse is unbearable to listen to...
easily the worst comms team ever last night. Tyler and Carragher.
Tyler could barely restrain his joy at our performance and relished saying how many games we’ve lost at home.
Keown is a Neanderthal looking c*nt, how can one team benefit from a rule that everybody else can use....Oh and the game he used as an example for Hansen and Lawrenson “exploiting” the back pass rule,the cup game against Villa in 88 well Lawrenson didn’t play in it
Keown is dreadful. Quite patronising in the way he speaks.
Good on Souness for phoning up the radio yesterday and challenging him for spouting shite aswell.
Tell me more?
Keown was giving it the ‘all Hansen and Lawrenson did was pass back to the keeper’
Souness was fuming and rang in told him he couldn’t have picked a worse two central defender partnerships to pick on
Every word after angry Souness calls radio station to dispute Liverpool claim

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...te-19976047#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare
Jenas' latest load of drivel. He absolutely steals a living this whopper.
https://twitter.com/GeoffreyChauc19/status/1368171546842456069?s=19

Eriku

I desperately wanna see Keane debate Carragher about Liverpool’s title winners vs our Treble side again now :lol:

SwedishFish

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael Owen's comments are (as per usual with that idiot) baffling but feck me, how they get themselves worked up over nothing.

Why are they so furious with Carragher, he backed them up properly when they were winning, but how can they expect him to defend their form after Christmas?

They've been nothing short of shocking and certainly lacking the energy and mentality to get themselves out of the hole that they're currently in.

Giggsyking

It’s pleasing but I can’t laugh properly until after they’re out of the CL.
For few weeks ago I decided to take a look at that place, I was amazed about the amount of grown men believing in conspiracy and how united is bending the rules to be in top 4. The craziest thing is, if united have the ability to bend the rules, why do stop at top 4 and not all the way to the title :lol: . Such a bunch of babies.

mav_9me

For few weeks ago I decided to take a look at that place, I was amazed about the amount of grown men believing in conspiracy and how united is bending the rules to be in top 4. The craziest thing is, if united have the ability to bend the rules, why do stop at top 4 and not all the way to the title :lol: . Such a bunch of babies.
Conspiracy and logic?

No Idea For Nickname

All these clowns in the media - mainly ex Utd players sticking the booth in are just trying to turn the screw on him because they know this season is a fluke and would hope to build a wave against him to get him the bullet, we would have walked the league this season with a full squad . They know Klopp will get this team back on track next season and their best will not be good enough , they are having their best season in years and will more than likely will win noting .Klopp has got us to 3 European finals (1 win), two title runs (1 win) a domestic final and made us World champions and super cup champions . This is a write off of a season , we might put a champions league run together - you can see he is suffering and the shite that is being spouted on sky and in the media should not be forgotten. The clowns who allegedly support us should be treated with contempt - no point dancing around like a jester or cracking open bottles of Champaign on sky when we win the league then sticking the boot in when we are down. The man deserves respect for what he has done.
Spot on.
Sick of the ex players that milk their association with us then go on to shit stir at the first opportunity.
The irony of the likes of Carragher, Mcmanaman, Owen, Murphy, Nicol and the rest telling Klopp where he’s going wrong while glossing over all the things that have actually gone wrong.
We need to be a bit more selective who we have representing the club and a bit more selective on who we grant access to.
Most of our ex players currently in the media are pricks. And it's getting worse. I know in principle they need to be impartial, but not only do they have no love for the club, the majority are clearly bitter (in more ways than one for some of them).
Edit - Even though he's clearly not popular with some people, I'd say Souness is an exception. He made a lot of mistakes, but clearly loves the club. Thomo too. It's more the ones who played in the 90s and 2000s who are problematic. Nicol is a disgrace too. Ronnie Whelan was shocking on RTE during the Rafa era as well.
Well we are in for a summer of Klopp to German National team now.
Already starting.
and it should be easy to shut down, being as he’s made it clear he isn’t going to be doing anything for a year after this job.
And this highlights the agenda those people have.
If people believe Klopp is finished (which is laughable) so should step down or pushed out at Anfield, why would they then link him to the Germany job or any other high profile job for that matter?
The reality is they all just want/need him away from the Liverpool job. They know what he brings to our table and what we can achieve with him. They don't like that. They do and say whatever they can to stir instability here and drive wedges in. They can all do one.
This is true. It might have been what Liverpool fans felt when Ferguson was knocked out of Europe by Basel and was feeling the pressure. I remembered him being linked to England/Scotland job. If he had left then, we might have suffered less for from 2005-2013.
Klopp is too young to be international manager. At 53, he is in his prime. Only haters/foolish idiots will be trying to push him out of this club. Stay another 17 years please Herr Klopp and then become Manager of Germany. Jamal Musiala (35 years old) will still be playing at that time. There is no rush to leave.
It is interesting timing that in this mornings press (not the tabloids !) that the club are saying they are 100% behing the manager, that funds are available in the summer and nothing changes. A few hours later the german manager confirms he is off after the Euro's. I merely point it out because it doesn`t seem coincidence to me.
The tabloids will be all over this and this will run until the boss says nah not me. I don`t think he is going anywhere. It will be put to bed soon enough.
Klopp will be 1st choice for Germany. Lets not be foolish about this.
Stefan Kuntz the U21 manager is favourite for the job. That is how Germany tend to do things. Loew got the job after being Klinnsman's assistant.
Thankful for the Kuntz.
Remember him from Euro 96 and the stumbling that went on over saying his name !! Presumably the same fella.
Yes, Baddiel and Skinner used a piece of commentary, tounge in cheek, alleging anti German bias "Here come the Germans, Kuntz"
brilliant response to the Germany speculation from our leader.
closes it out.
crap season so far
but win number 7 and win the league next year.
"I will not be available as a potential coach for Germany. I have three years left at Liverpool don't I? It's simple. You sign a contract and you stick to that contract. I stuck to contracts at both Mainz, Dortmund."

Three more years of Klopp, I would have preferred an infinity but I'll take that
to be utterly pedantic, he didn't at Dortmund
But yeah, only way some will take it on board is for him to say it - although, that STILL won’t be enough!!
Best news of the year after all the rumours swirling around, thank feck!
You think that will stop the rumours?
Who gives a bugger? The most important person has made his position quite clear. If you want to drive your self mad listening to stupid rumours that’s your right.
Yep. I'm staying focused on what the man himself says, not the background waffling of mindless, gossipping non-entities.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Can't wait to tie him down, the hero :drool:
Fair play. :lol:

If I take the bitterness out of it for a micro second I have to say Ole is doing pretty well over two seasons. Much better than I expected.

Bitterness back on: is Ole good enough to take Utd to the next level (PL winner / Cl Winner)? No.

K Stand Knut

Fair play. :lol:

If I take the bitterness out of it for a micro second I have to say Ole is doing pretty well over two seasons. Much better than I expected.

Bitterness back on: is Ole good enough to take Utd to the next level (PL winner / Cl Winner)? No.
no manager in world football is doing that with this squad.

Plus, the next level for United is not the league or the CL.

It’s a title challenge and staying in the bloody CL