RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

clarkydaz

As could be seen by the Pogba "why didnt you dive" message to Shaw, United clearly practice diving in training, to maximize the penalty output in games. Basically, anything can be improved by consistent practice, and winning penalties is no different. The correct body shape, the correct fall, the correct yelp of pain etc as well as the correct amount of presure by the rest of the team in surrounding the ref, being consistently in his ear over the course of the game, can optimize the returns in terms of number of penalties.
This is easier said than done, like any skill worth anything. Practice makes perfect, and training consistently to make sure ones diving technique results in "natural looking" falls, making sure no contacts in the box are wasted etc takes hours on the training ground. Hard work, and smart work both. Not to be sniffed at. It IS a whole lotta systematic work and effort to get right.

As such, I would credit Ole with playing this scientifically, and playing this well.
(Just like Fat Sam was one of the first to use sports science, fitness etc as well as pumping the ball long into certain areas of the field etc. Its a numbers game)
HOWEVER, the sheer overwhelming discrepancy in number of penalties won compared to the rest of the prem teams will likely more than raise an eyebrow, if it carries on.
Even if the refs do not have any accountability, the social media mockery will increase, especially, if United continue to be at the top of the league. As such, just like VAR by itself became a talking point, "pelandes" and "penchester united" would start becoming much more popular as memes and irrespective of football results, lead to negative associations on social media with the United Brand. The place where any of this hurts most is in the commercials: It is debatable whether being perceived as "cheaters but winners" is a positive or negative for a football brand. For instance, their "die hard" fans may enjoy it immensly (any team winnning would have a set of fans who fit this profile - win any way etc). However, a few "fairweather" fans may end up not liking the "cheater" tag. ie funnily enough, the "gloryhunter" fans might tip the balance, as some of them defect to other teams who play fair but beautiful football (all perception of course).
In any case, being clearly labelled as "divers" and "cheaters" now is hardly of any consequence as they have not won anything. But if they get close to winning via an abnormally and ridicuously large count of penalties, will be fun to see how it plays out on social media, with sponsors, and the whole meme generator factory that is the internet.
They have pages of this talk, fecking mental the lot of them :lol:

PaulScholes99

United got 6 penalties, Liverpool 5. Leicester got 10 penalties.
And this altough we practice the dives so hard. We are really bad at it when training as first and only team and still not being the best.

SuperiorXI

The reason we get penalties is a consequence of our play style. We have some of the quickest players in Europe all making runs into the box... it's only natural that we'll win penalties when defenders can't keep up and chop those players down.

It works the same with Liverpool however their players aren't as quick as ours.

RedTiger

Half mast
The reason we get penalties is a consequence of our play style. We have some of the quickest players in Europe all making runs into the box... it's only natural that we'll win penalties when defenders can't keep up and chop those players down.

It works the same with Liverpool however their players aren't as quick as ours.
As if. You're just an apologist for cheaters. :lol:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Their fans don’t even deserve to have a PL title. They are the most arrogant, spoiled, bitter fans in the world, they won 1 league title in 30 years and they act like they have won the league 10 years in a row.

Inter Yer Nan

Can't believe they are laughing at the prospect of Ole winning the league because it keeps him in a job. That's brilliant. That's like having a parade around the field after drawing at home to WBA or something.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Marriner usually quite fair so I'm a bit surprised actually - seems to have decided that S'hampton are the underdogs.

He's handing out Yellows to us like Xmas presents
We're going to have make them run and run and run - until their legs fall off and we can punish them.
Mo pretty damn disgusted at the headlock he was in with the official just looking at him.
It's beyond ridiculous now.
somehow, a headlock is ok and going down form it is soft.
But falling over your own feet is a penalty.
Who knew?
This officiating is getting very dodgy. Have we had any decision was this idiot yet?
Marriner is nailing us left and right - innocuous arm by Trent is punished with a FK
Oh look another free kick for Southampton.
The front three are concerning me, none of them look on form at the moment.
Agree. When one has dropped off, the other two have picked up the slack. They all look off the pace at the moment. I don’t think it’s helping them that we’ve overused crosses over this Christmas period.
We are not going to get a single decision today.
How the feck is that a foul on the goalkeeper.
This is a pile of shit. Utter shit
Klopp is going to be seething in that changing room at HT.
To be continued... After FT, fingers crossed

Dinghy

If they continue winning games and remain in a position where they are challenging for the title, I very much doubt their fans or their sponsors will be concerned. Very unlikely as well that the media/premier league will be looking closely at the numbers of penalties they are getting. They want a close title race with as many teams involved as possible.

I agree that the most likely cause is that they are gaming the system and actively trying to get penalties. Can't really see how this is likely to change sadly, unless the referees (including those on VAR) change their approach and start looking more closely at decisions like the one in their game v Villa.
The more people talk about their penalties the better. It needs to get maximum negative exposure, though they have already had their advantage in points accumulated and will continue to until it’s brought to light everywhere, and they are under the microscope every game.
Meme makers, to the rescue.
Mock the mancs, aka penchester united mercilessly.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Klopp starting to look like Moyes with all these crosses:lol:

Barnslig

I. Am. Ready.

Also, 30 second over extra time and Liverpool takes a short corner, this meltdown will be amazing.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Thought they couldn't possibly lose with thiago on the pitch?

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I need to make a habit of watching this lot :lol:

What are they saying? My veins are ready.

pav1790

If you care about your health, please stay away from RAWK. The amounts of salt there could be dangerous to you.