RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

Achilles McCool

29 points from their last 11 games.

Next four will tell us a lot, three aways, including us and Arsenal

Get 8 or more points from that group of 4 games I'd make them favourites for the title.
Every once in a while you find some common sense that you can agree with!
Next 4 games is Ole’s first test!

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
You can't have VAR and then not ref to the rules. Either it's a Red on Shaw or it's a Red on Brady. The rules don't allow for it to be anything else but this is the PL/PGMOL so we'll just make it up as we fecking go along. What a joke.
Every corner fernandez takes is also outside of the quadrant. Not even touching the line.
Surely you aren’t insinuating that someone like Bruno Fernandes would cheat?!
Miller has been doing that trick for years.
Sky and Neville have gone full MUFCTV over the last few weeks..wouldnt surprise me if they replace Tyer with Paddy Crerand for Sunday's game...
Put Neville on mute. It’s the best solution.

You have the added bonus of not listening to his co commentator eulogising about Fernandes.
Genuinely can't win without pens or deflections, OG's. It's astonishing and been the same for decades.
They’ve played good stuff this half..
James comes deep and does a few easy passes and they think he is the best player ever.
I m pleasantly surprised so far with the ref Kevin Friend.
Can't say he has been biased towards Utd.
(which to be honest I was fully expecting him to be).
Also, Bruno booked for "whinging".
Splendid.
Id agree really. Yes it should be red for shaw but we all thought it was going to be ignored and a red for Burnley!
Disallowed a goal that I'd be screaming for if we'd scored it.
Booked fernandes like you said.
Reffing to the rules by the letter, probably not. Biased to utd, you'd struggle to argue that.
I missed the incident, but did Fernandes get booked for a foul or for chopsing to Friend?
Either way, wouldn’t it be karma should he get a second yellow. He tries to referee every game - when he’s not writhing around of course.
turned it on to see the score when the var thing was going on - how was shaw not sent off ffs - missus made me turn tele off as she says shouting at a tv is not good for me
Calling it now - Fernandes awarded a peno with a dive, when he should actually get his second yellow. Its so obvious.
Whats the xP. (expected penalty) for United?
One every 103 minutes.

Last edited:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I remember when these guys were struggling every season and they'd play their damn heart out vs us. I hope we can smash them.

Cpt Negative

“You can't have VAR and then not ref to the rules. Either it's a Red on Shaw or it's a Red on Brady. The rules don't allow for it to be anything else but this is the PL/PGMOL so we'll just make it up as we fecking go along. What a joke”

This is bang on to be fair. It’s one or the other, I don’t think the laws allow for what happened.

I don’t think I’ve seen one free kick given and brought back for another free kick. Brought back for goals, penalties and offside yes, but not for yellows

ninjaskill

“You can't have VAR and then not ref to the rules. Either it's a Red on Shaw or it's a Red on Brady. The rules don't allow for it to be anything else but this is the PL/PGMOL so we'll just make it up as we fecking go along. What a joke”

This is bang on to be fair. It’s one or the other, I don’t think the laws allow for what happened.

I don’t think I’ve seen one free kick given and brought back for another free kick. Brought back for goals, penalties and offside yes, but not for yellows
I think what happened is VAR determined that Brady should have been sent off and as a result of that went back to make sure the ball had been won cleanly which it felt it hadn’t been. Since the red wasn’t for violent conduct they went back to the tackle. If Brady wasn’t going to be sent off then I think it would have stayed a United free kick.

No Idea For Nickname

I have no clue how United gets the space they do. Sides still seemingly do not have a whole lot of respect for them or their play is on another level. I can not figure it out.
My money is on a Rashford screamer. Only because he’s been utter gash thus far.
Manc squad cost 430 million and some act like Ole is a miracle worker and not backed
Invested major sums in the completely wrong areas yet is somehow given pity for not having resources
People still want United to win, to keep Ole at the wheel.
"Deflection" is going to replace "Penalty" as United's top goalscorer at this rate, he's picked up a few this season.
If it's not a penalty, it's a deflection.

Meh.
Good lord they are spawny

1-0 Pogba, takes a slight deflection. Been coming as Burnley have been woeful second half
Yeah Burnley have done absolutely nothing 2nd half.
United deserved that goal to be fair. The bastards.
You'd have to say they've gotten all the breaks this season. That could have deflected and gone anywhere but nope, right through Pope. Oh well
Can't believe they are top of the table, they have a genuine chance like Leicester.
Solskjær is doing a good job and has turned them into the third best side in the league, by some margin. I wonder when this will be realised by the keep Ole at it brigade. The sooner they start losing the better.
At last someone who has seen what is actually happening.
I'm going to get battered for this, but
they really have got a chance of winning the league.
We have to turn up and beat them, no excuses.
Ole is nothing special. They are one of the most expensive sides ever assembled and bound to have some talent
Yes. Thankfully they have a shite manager. They’d be out of sight otherwise,

Burnley are fecking shite.
Saving themselves for when we play them next week
Imagine saying about 6 weeks ago the mancs could go 6 clear of us by this weekend
You’d have got some odds on that happening
Really need to beat these on Sunday. They are a lot better than many on here give them credit for.
Think they will be up there, they are looking much more solid recently and will always be an attacking threat.

Sundays game is massive, especially with how poor our performances have been
United have some good players but look poorly coached.
Everything has fallen for them this season with VAR, injuries, defections, etc.
It’s been going on for a year so you would expect those little breaks to stop soon.
Luckily city will finish above them i reckon
They will.
Great result for us that, it'll keep him in the job a while longer

People do realise City and us are twice the side these are.
Not at the moment we’re not.
Yeah and I also realize both City and us are behind them in the table
Sunday, must win, or must not lose?
Aye, but you gotta love this place at times whenever people start shitting themselves over tripe like these lot, forgetting we've been missing half a team, and you don't suddenly go from World, European and domestic champions to being wank over night. It's an outlier of a season. An asterisks should be trademarked beside it for 2020/21.

No Idea For Nickname

21 matches to go.

Do you think they will keep it up ?
Take a look at their PPG since project restart. I think that’s about a 25 game sample and they’re neck and neck with us at the top.
At the moment they are better than us. We need to improve greatly.
I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. But at the moment, I wouldn't discount anyone. They're on a good run and look no further back than 2013/14 to what momentum and sheer confidence can do to a side. We nearly won the title with a squad that had no business winning it on paper.
Its only half way through the season, their spawned wins will only get them so far , if they are still there with 5 to go il be worried.
They spawned wins for over a decade under Fergie though

I don’t think they will win the league, I think City will better them, but i can’t rely on City anymore they’re not the same team they were a couple years ago, neither are we with the loss of our3 most important cbs, naturally.
Of course they can win it, all the sides in the league are shite this season. But I dont think they will - they haven't got any notable injuries yet and will likey go deep in the EL to keep them busy. They are in good form now, and we are shite at the moment, it wont stay like this forever, the season isn't even half way. They are not used to lead either, they really bottled their CL group when the pressure was on. Think they will finish 3rd.
Nothing I've seen about them tonight has impressed me

No Idea For Nickname

RedTiger

Half mast
A nice selection from Liverpool's subreddit, I'll leave RAWK to the experts

I liked this one considering they took 70 minutes to get a shot on target against Southampton

Very classy this one

The audacity of this lad to say this while watching the Burnley game
Honestly what the feck are Man United doing that is making them top of the league material? It’s like they turn up and get 3 points for a moment of magic every single week and nobody does anything to try and beat them.
Funny, I've been saying that about Liverpool for 2 years.

Id agree really. Yes it should be red for shaw but we all thought it was going to be ignored and a red for Burnley!
Disallowed a goal that I'd be screaming for if we'd scored it.
Booked fernandes like you said.
Reffing to the rules by the letter, probably not. Biased to utd, you'd struggle to argue that.
So they've finally admitted that good reffing in their eyes is that which is blatantly wrong in our opponent's favor

Last edited:

No Idea For Nickname

I personally think City's squad depth gets them the title this year so not worried about Utd.
favourites for me
Why do you make a team that haven’t mounted a serious challenge for years favourites to win the title ?
Ole's Reds, favourite for the title after finishing nearly 40 points behind the current champions. Mental. You'd think some of you haven't watched football for nearly long enough.

feck me...took the dog for a walk, get back in and the Mancs are top of the league and the Bitters are a point behind us
So you’re to blame. Or the dog
Don’t take Fido out on Sunday ffs
Standard of the league is exceptionally poor, and we've sank down to meet it. Man Utd have eight away wins to our two, which is frankly dogshit.
I think these lot are two defeats, or draws, off of 6th? Can't be sure, but 6th is up for grabs for them this season for sure. It's a close one.
When United start winning the big games we can start worrying about them, until then let's worry about our own form. Only thing I'm interested in right now. Oh, and City have to be favourites if we don't recover our best form surely.

So I take it Gary Neville is calling for the league to be nulled and voided?
The wanker will be on Twitter later with another one of his shit videos he thinks is a laugh, popping a champagne bottle. Wait and see.
Really can’t afford to lose on Sunday.
I’ve no idea how United are 3 points above us but they are 3 points above us and I really don’t fancy seeing that become 6
How do you have no idea how
We've dropped a lot of points this season. That's how. We're fortunate it's just 1 team and we're only 3 points behind
Because they've been treating games as must wins and acting like they're in a title race.
While we've fecked about casually against the likes of Fulham, WBA, Newcastle and Southampton like we're 20 points clear again.
Credit where its due. Determination and focus will get you far. We've lacked both this season.
Fair points. We've also had a share of bad luck with decisions and injuries, but your points are more than valid.
season's off it's cake ...if results go against us we could actually be in 4th place going into Sunday's game....
They definitely want them to win the league. Shaw should have been sent off and Maguire should have been penalised at the end. If it was us, both decisions would have went against us no question.
I love this thread. Each one of you is a credit to yourself and RAWK community.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm enjoying all their comments. Something to cheer us up. Everyone's been inconsistent so far this season so who the hell knows what will happen.
In the meantime we take all the enjoyment we can :drool:

No Idea For Nickname

Genuinely can't think of a time where they've been fecked over by VAR this season other than the Martial red card V Spurs and that's only because Lamela should have gone too.

Can anyone refresh my memory? I've lost count of the amount of VAR decisions that have controversially gone against us.

I love my Manc mates sending me messages, celebrating, I had no idea today was the last game of the season.

Bless their hearts.
Classic!!!!
My dad used to take me to the snooker hall. Good player dad was, I’m Okish but he was 40/50’s/match winning breaks stuff. Would play me like I we were at the crucible. No corner given, loved it
5 frames we’d have. I lost 5-0 every week
We went down a week before my 18th. 1st frame, the frame of, up until then, my life
Balls fell lovely made a 30 something break then a 20Something and won. 1-0 to me
I went fecking mental, people looking. Didn’t hide it. Really Gave it to him
Because I knew 1-4 was coming up ....
When we were 7 points ahead of City in 18/19, I didnt celebrate nor did I get ahead of myself, as there was half a season to go left. It's the same reason why them lot being in this position doesn't mean they're winning it either.
Anyone celebrating after 17 games is off their rocker
Another deflected winner. I keep thinking their luck will run out soon but their jamminess just keeps on coming. I don't think they will win the league cause surely they can't keep doing this all season but it's still deflating at the moment. Especially when we play them next and are in horrid form. They will probably score a penalty, deflected goal and we score an own goal.
It was the perfect result tonight. After 30 years, we know what is coming next. We will absolutely slaughter them on Sunday.
Like the confidence. But.....
No buts. We are the Champions.
Headlines have started already
‘ pogba knocks liverpool of their perch ‘
Perfect. We need them to come feeling cocky at Anfield on Sunday ...

Martial injured by the looks of it. Maguire banned from the game on Sunday. Change in their tactics? Can't see them playing Cavani from the start so Greenwood? The settled CB pairing now disrupted. Bailly and Lindelof will have to bed in so Ole has to go ultra defensive.

Overload the midfield with Fred, McT, Greenwood, Pogba and Bruno. That's a 4231 or 451 formation we're looking at.
Maguire isn’t banned.
Only from Greece
Is Maguire banned? Hadn't seen him get a yellow tonight. Martial will be fine - if he was actually injured properly they'd have given him treatment on the pitch, especially when they were under pressure and trying to kill time. These c*nts (and Spurs) seemingly don't get a single real injury.
City are money on with the bookies. United 5/1. We're 3/1.
United won't win the league and I don't think we will either due to having no fit senior CBs.
It'll be funny watching the rug pulled from under their feet though.
I wouldn't be sure about Utd. They keep doing what's needed. I can see them winning it. We certainly won't, thrown away to many points against poor teams after working so hard against the better teams.
I fully expect any injury doubts they may have all be available on Sunday, just like every time we play them
Struggled against a piss poor Burnley side. They look knackered to me. Flat out. They're done.
My gut feeling is a draw, but their confidence is sky high compared to ours. And the cushion probably means they can play a bit more freely. Still waiting for them to have injuries and I'm baffled it hasn't really happened at all.
Makes the game even more dangerous imo so we have to be on high alert...
Its not the superstars rashford, pogba, fernandes that will shine on sunday.
Its Fred, he will neutralize whoever Klopp throws in midfield.
Here they come

You will come back Sunday won’t you mate ...

Well done on winning the top in January cup though
Probably posting on Redcafe at this moment.
So Fred is going to neutralise Thiago?
I believe so, Fred and McTominay were rested today. They will be running 13km hounding and harassing the attacking players on Sunday.
Well, if your plan is for Fred and McTominay to stop our midfield, then Sunday might be ever more fun than I expected
Hard to disagree with the running 13km , tiring work chasing shadows. You could run 13km around Shaw's arse ...
What about when they get hounded by us

Ballers them two arent they
I think we will start to peak and they will dip , they looked tired. We have amassed serious point talleys over the past few seasons . You don’t just loose that .

city have the better side, the better manager and the experience in title races. They also have 2 games in hand.
Along with six easy games before they meet us. Id be surprised if they're not on top by then. The bookies have them money on for a reason.
That said I live in hope we'll pick up some form.
I'm still writing off united no matter what anyone says though.
Lets be honest, Everton have a better chance of winning the league than Man Utd ...

I wouldn't be sure about Utd. They keep doing what's needed. I can see them winning it. We certainly won't, thrown away to many points against poor teams after working so hard against the better teams.
Am I reading this right ? You say we definitely won't win it but Utd might. Have you seen both teams play ? And seen who the managers are. I find it staggering that anyone is quick to write off our chances but in the same breath big up Utd's but there you go

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Bicycle seat sniffer always delivers!

Keep them coming :)

No Idea For Nickname

Oh my........over in Redcafe somebody posted a picture of one of the protesters in Capitol Hill with a red hat on. Somebody photoshopped a LFC badge on it and the dumb idiots over on Redcafe think it’s real. They really are a bunch of idiots who want to believe anything.

I love them. If I’m ever feeling sad about myself, my self worth, my purpose in life - I read this thread and realise life is good, I’m not a Liverpool fan who posts on RAWK. :lol: :lol:

Chairman Steve

Love how they’re saying we‘re jammy cnuts for no injuries on regular basis, despite the fact prior to this season all their big hitters and key players barely had an injury for like close to three whole years and averaged 50 games a season a lot of them.

No Idea For Nickname

Paul Tierney has awarded Manchester United 5 penalties in his last 10 matches - and 1 against. He has awarded Liverpool 0 penalties in 14 matches - and 1 against (Chelsea). His place of residence is "Lancashire" according to Transfermarkt.

feckin hell
Paul Tierney will referee Liverpool v Manchester United at Anfield on Sunday. His assistants will be Lee Betts and Constantine Hatzidakis while Stuart Attwell is on VAR duties.
Tierney has given United 5 penalties in his last 10 games reffing them.

Nothing to see here.
He’s tougher on them than most refs then. That’s a relief.
Is Tierney the one with the face like a teddy bear? Has the look of a man who was bullied as a child and holds grudges (it’s a very specific look!).
He's the one with the Popeye style forearms.
He's from Wigan isn't he?
Yeah he's from Wigan, Greater Manchester
im from Wigan.. parents moved from Liverpool in 61...loads of scousers in Wigan
So basically Ole, Phelan, and Fergie on the blower, plus help from VAR are putting United on course for the standard 88pts lark. Apparently Giggs and Keane on the training pitch. It's like Fergie never left.

Ah well. It would be funny though if Man City caught them up.

Ludens the Red

:lol:
I mean we’re not gonna win the league but it sure is funny watching them so riled up and rattled over the thought.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Love how they’re saying we‘re jammy cnuts for no injuries on regular basis, despite the fact prior to this season all their big hitters and key players barely had an injury for like close to three whole years and averaged 50 games a season a lot of them.
That and the cribbing about luck.
For about 3 years they landed everything when it came to breaking ball and deflections.
I don't know who's celebrating all the same. Its Jan and there's a long way to go but its nice to be on top even if it's only for a while.
We are looking better .

tenpoless

Please win from a dodgy penalty. McTominay out of all people dribbled past 3 players before he slipped and fell on his arse but the ref said penalty no VAR check needed, then Bruno scored a weak penalty. It hit the keeper, the post then the keeper again before going in.

Please win from a dodgy penalty. McTominay out of all people dribbled past 3 players before he slipped and fell on his arse but the ref said penalty no VAR check needed, then Bruno scored a weak penalty. It hit the keeper, the post then the keeper again before going in.
normally I’d agree. But wouldn’t it be nice to win with a legitimate winner they can’t argue?*

*I know the in-breads Will ague anything.

it would be more satisfying to beat them fair and square. We more than match them.