RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m not worried about the dippers. I think their current team is on the downward spiral. All best players approaching 30. Way more worried about city.

tenpoless

normally I’d agree. But wouldn’t it be nice to win with a legitimate winner they can’t argue?*

*I know the in-breads Will ague anything.

it would be more satisfying to beat them fair and square. We more than match them.
Of course it'd be more satisfying if we beat them fair and square but a win from dodgy penalty will be more fun to watch. The tears and conspiracy theories will flood this thread :D

Wayne's World

You'd swear the cnuts have been winning leagues and CL regularly for years the way the talk. There are nothing to fear on Sunday

AshRK

1 PL title and they are acting like they own football and this league. They are rattled and soon they would have to support city.

man united 4eva

Love how they’re saying we‘re jammy cnuts for no injuries on regular basis, despite the fact prior to this season all their big hitters and key players barely had an injury for like close to three whole years and averaged 50 games a season a lot of them.
All the plastic kopites try to make out as if liverpool have had to play mainly their youth team players in every league game due to the 1st team being 'ravaged by injury'.. What a load of B S dipper nonsense... Here's how many appearances they've actually made in the league this season... Alisson-14.. TAA-15.. Gomez-7.. VVD-5.. Robertson-17.. Fabinho-15.. Wijnaldum-17.. Henderson-14.. Mane-16.. Firmino-17.. Salah-16.. Even the senior squad players have had plenty of appearances... Matip-8.. Milner-10.. Jota-9.. Thiago-4.. even though he was already injured when he signed,

Twisted Nerve

Oh man this thread slays me, those comments are comedy gold. Funny how they always bang on about us being spawny, but ummm, how did they win the title last season?
By the way, I don't go on RAWK, but just wondered, do they have an equivalent thread about meltdowns on the Caf?

Withnail

I think what happened is VAR determined that Brady should have been sent off and as a result of that went back to make sure the ball had been won cleanly which it felt it hadn’t been. Since the red wasn’t for violent conduct they went back to the tackle. If Brady wasn’t going to be sent off then I think it would have stayed a United free kick.
That makes an absolute mockery of whole thing. Depending on how bad Shaw's tackle was or how it was viewed he could have gotten a red because Brady's was also a red but he gets away with it if Brady's isn't as bad as they won't go back and look.

Achilles McCool

My dad used to take me to the snooker hall. Good player dad was, I’m Okish but he was 40/50’s/match winning breaks stuff. Would play me like I we were at the crucible. No corner given, loved it
5 frames we’d have. I lost 5-0 every week
We went down a week before my 18th. 1st frame, the frame of, up until then, my life
Balls fell lovely made a 30 something break then a 20Something and won. 1-0 to me
I went fecking mental, people looking. Didn’t hide it. Really Gave it to him
Because I knew 1-4 was coming up ....
Who spends that amount of time typing up and reminiscing about a childhood memory just to point out that United fans are a bit giddy at the moment?
They all think they’re feckin’ Ernest Hemingway and everyone is hanging on to each syllable of their prose! :houllier:

Conor

The post saying there should be an asterisk beside the 20/21 season :lol: . They really have no self awareness at all.

BFernandes

United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
I believe so, Fred and McTominay were rested today. They will be running 13km hounding and harassing the attacking players on Sunday.

Hard to disagree with the running 13km , tiring work chasing shadows. You could run 13km around Shaw's arse

This tickled me :lol:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

"Deflection" is going to replace "Penalty" as United's top goalscorer at this rate, he's picked up a few this season.
:lol:Fine by me if Deflection, Penalty and OG are up in their goalscorers list, if it annoys them.

Every corner fernandez takes is also outside of the quadrant. Not even touching the line.
That was true tbf, but they all do it as if that extra half an inch will make all the difference.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
:lol:Fine by me if Deflection, Penalty and OG are up in their goalscorers list, if it annoys them.

That was true tbf, but they all do it as if that extra half an inch will make all the difference.
It's the overhang of the ball has to touch the line, so the bottom of the ball that's actually touching the turf doesn't need to be in.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
You'd swear the cnuts have been winning leagues and CL regularly for years the way the talk. There are nothing to fear on Sunday
Didn’t even do it in the same season. Constantly seeing them saying “European and English champions” when the titles were won in separate seasons.

meamth

Can't wait for the banter next Monday.

Fair play if we lose, I'll gladly go the cave.
Imagine the chaos if we win or draw...my god

Acole9

Outstanding

I did notice one of Shaw's corners wasn't in the quadrant.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
This must be their worst nightmare come true at the moment. They finally thought they had seen us off into the same wilderness that they were in for 30 years only for us to put up a genuine challenge for their newly won title.

We all know we're not the favourites and we all accept that even if we don't win it, this season is still great as long as we remain in the conversation until the final couple of games. I don't know a single United fan who is genuinely getting giddy or thinking anything is even close to being won yet. Any giddiness shown is purely to annoy those crazy bastards as far as I'm concerned.

big rons sovereign

What sort of person goes away and watches 5 years of games of their biggest rivals and also throws it up on their forum? :lol:

The only Liverpool games I watch year on year is when they play us.
The Liverpool/Newcastle 4-3 is always good for a laugh. That was brilliant. Not that I'd watch a whole game though, highlights are there for a reason.

PoTMS

"I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT UNITED, I'M NOT FECKING WORRIED ABOUT UNITED"

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I think what happened is VAR determined that Brady should have been sent off and as a result of that went back to make sure the ball had been won cleanly which it felt it hadn’t been. Since the red wasn’t for violent conduct they went back to the tackle. If Brady wasn’t going to be sent off then I think it would have stayed a United free kick.
Ignoring all of the context of the actual incidents... why not rewind another 20-30 seconds to see if a United player was potentially fouled before the ball broke loose for the Shaw 50-50?

Im not even vaguely suggesting it should have happened. But it would be just as valid.

tomaldinho1

Didn’t even do it in the same season. Constantly seeing them saying “European and English champions” when the titles were won in separate seasons.
Genuinely heard a Pool fan at work refer to Klopp as having won the double :lol:

I guess Mou actually won the double when he was here, we'll just leave out the details on which trophies they were

romufc

I know this is too far but can you imagine... winning the title, lockdown restrictions lifted and we can celebrate our title?

That would be the perfect reply to the last few seasons.

I know this is too far but can you imagine... winning the title, lockdown restrictions lifted and we can celebrate our title?

That would be the perfect reply to the last few seasons.
And hoping we have no lockdown of football so that their win is the only one with an asterisks *

RedChisel

When was the last time we got credit for anything? So many pathetic childish fans and pundits that can't handle us doing well so have to do all kinds of mental gymnastics to come to terms with it.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
We are currently at around Dec 12th etc fixtures
It’s so annoying when these ‘knowledgeable’ pundits and people on comms keep banging on about the league like it’s a normal year and referring to ‘January’ and ‘top at Christmas’ etc. Also why I’m not in the worry brigade for Everton, the mancs or who was it last month? Spurs I think.

Whoever is hanging around the top come March/April will be in with a proper shout, until then it’s about us getting a good run going and trying to get marching upwards ourselves. All that said bringing this lot down to earth would be an extra positive this weekend. It’s possible they get spawney of course but both sets of fans well know we could easily smash them by 3 or 4 if Klopp an the front men hit top form.

I wouldn't be sure about Utd. They keep doing what's needed. I can see them winning it. We certainly won't, thrown away to many points against poor teams after working so hard against the better teams.
A team with a 3 time Title winning manager, back to back record seasons, back to back European Cup and Premier League winners.
versus
A team with a manager whose only CV point of note is relegating Cardiff and whose squad can count on the fingers of an inbred Mancs hand, the number of medals theyve won....
Which of these two seems more likely to win the title from here? Granted, they have an almost unassailable 3 point lead, but with 21 games to go, I feel that huge lead could be eroded quickly.
...Jesus Christ.
Klopp said he wanted to turn "Doubters into Believers". And after all he has done, we STILL have a fanbase full of wet knickered fannied with spines made of paper.
Embarrassing.

Struggled against a piss poor Burnley side. They look knackered to me. Flat out. They're done.
Reminds me of another team that won the league last season.. :rolleyes:
It is an unusual season and therefore they along with about 6 teams will think they could win it. They have more depth than most. However they don’t look to be playing well. This winning run has seen deflected winners and penalty winners. It doesn’t feel sustainable for another 21 games. They’ve needed a fair bit of luck just to get their noses slightly in front.
They could kick on, City and us could fall away but all things considered I don’t think them winning it is the most likely scenario. Fine, there’s a small chance they could but if this was any other team people would be writing them off (see Leicester last year for example).
Paul Pogba says Manchester United are ready for 'big moment' against Liverpool
Looks like it might only be 10 men behind the ball instead of the usual 11 on Sunday
They will definitely play not to lose on Sunday...as they usually do.

Credit to them they have taken advantage of our recent poor form and City's earlier poor form. Think they were fighting to get back in the top 4 race and have found themselves top surprisingly, challenging for the league is something they are not used to so will be interesting to see how they handle the pressure.
Or maybe that's the thing. They have no pressure, from being expected to fight for a Top 4 place to league leaders, they're not expected to compete at the top so anything above 4th place is a welcome bonus.
just saw their winning goal - spawny bastards .
so in their last three games they've had two deflected winners and a non penalty winner - 6 spawny points. What would we have given for some of that luck in the last three games, thats been the only difference over the last few games .Our form has dropped but they have been shite all season, their unbelievable amount of luck can not continue - it stops on sunday, we are a much better team than these.
We aren't going to win the league but our form for the last 12 months is title race form, it's the best in the country since Bruno arrived at the end of January last year so I'd like to think 12 months is a decent representative period of time. We're beating pretty much all the fodder and taking the odd point in the big games... we used to win leagues that way 10-15 years ago when the average winning points tally was around 78-84pts, not the crazy highs of recent years, and this year has a feel of a 78-84pt champions' season.
Still think we'll finish 6-8 points behind Liverpool and City - a coin toss for who wins it
Nothing offensive there but honestly do you not find it a little embarrassing to only emerge from your cesspit now, and I suspect will disappear back as soon as your form drops off....?
United being top of the league is like being on a moped when the lights change to green. You know you can whizz off ahead of everyone else for a few seconds, but ultimately you know your limitations and will soon fall away behind the pack.
Null and Void the season (insert bullshit reason, fake outrage here)

Red For Ever

Of course it'd be more satisfying if we beat them fair and square but a win from dodgy penalty will be more fun to watch. The tears and conspiracy theories will flood this thread :D

Outplaying them, and winning convincingly would be the most satisfying.
Watching the meltdown seeing them realise they are back to being also runs would be fun.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
What is this "spawny" thing they keep going on about? What does that mean?
Lucky. That's a bit rich coming from them bastards, who did extremely well in the last two years without question but scored their fair share of late/fortunate goals and didn't have too many big injuries that I can remember.

romufc

What is this "spawny" thing they keep going on about? What does that mean?
They keep going on about it..

Handball V City last season and then went on to score from that.
Dean Henderson making a howler giving them 1-0 win
Fabianski making 2 errors giving them 3 points

Those are 3 I can think of straight away.. forget the 50/50 penalties they got as well.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
They keep going on about it..

Handball V City last season and then went on to score from that.
Dean Henderson making a howler giving them 1-0 win
Fabianski making 2 errors giving them 3 points

Those are 3 I can think of straight away.. forget the 50/50 penalties they got as well.
Pickford dropped the ball into his own net.
Crystal Palace had a goal disallowed for... nothing?
Man City have missed two penalties against them.
Fulham had a defo pen not given this year.

meanwhile,
We had a definite penalty not given against Arsenal last year,
Palace had a two red cards and two pens not given against us last year,
Maguire got taken out by Pickford (funny you only hear about the Van Dijk one)
Maguire had a perfectly good goal disallowed,
Palace this year got given a penalty for the worst decision I’ve ever seen... this rule was subsequently changed AFTER THE SEASON started.
Who was it who almost broke Greenwood last year in an obvious red card tackle? Nothing given,
de Gea last year got literally battered v Everton for a corner goal that was inexplicably allowed.