RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No mention of the pen we should've had over there? They should focus on getting top 4. Where did Klopp have Dortmund when he left?

Robbie Boy

Rich of them to bring up 'individual brilliance' - whatever the feck that is - when they have cloggers like Henderson and Firmino and literally rely on Salah and Mane.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Rich of them to bring up 'individual brilliance' - whatever the feck that is - when they have cloggers like Henderson and Firmino and literally rely on Salah and Mane.
They were also moaning about Van Dijk's injuries and using it as excuse as what they are missing is Van Dijk's ball distribution ability aka ''individual brilliance''. Any manager would love Van Dijk's ball distribution, it makes everything easy especially when you have Mane, Salah, Thiago in the team.

chicha14

I love how they always bring up "individual brilliance saves the day" as if all their goals are well worked team goals from back to front?

That is why you have quality players, to produce those moments. Now we are lucky because of it?!

Individual brilliance (Alisson) kept them in the game on Sunday, no peep of it from them?

FFS they truly are a special bunch on RAWK!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I love how they always bring up "individual brilliance saves the day" as if all their goals are well worked team goals from back to front?

That is why you have quality players, to produce those moments. Now we are lucky because of it?!

Individual brilliance (Alisson) kept them in the game on Sunday, no peep of it from them?

FFS they truly are a special bunch on RAWK!
TBF you have to have some sympathy with them.

imagine wanting and craving the premier league title for three decades. Thinking you have a right to that trophy and then finally it’s within your reach.

Then, due to a cruel twist of fate the one title you do win is in front of a completely stadium. Due to a global pandemic the one league win they have couldn’t be celebrated. Couldn’t be cherished. No one was there, the season felt like an afterthought.

Now, with an aging squad, players suffering career ending injuries and first team lads looking to leave on a free they see the end of their squad in sight. Winaldum is leaving on a free; Salah wants out; Milner, Thiago, Henderson, Van Dijk, Firminio are all starting the next season the wrong side of 30; their luck with VAR was obviously going to run out at some point... they see the end of this team coming. And frankly, they don’t have the funds to replace some of these players.
It must be heartbreaking. Wanting and craving something for decades, finally getting it watered down in a way that didn’t mean anything and then seeing their rivals rising again with a manager with ties to the club and young starlets.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Imagine winning the league and then the next season all home games are behind closed doors. You play United - your most hated team and not once can you sing “stand up for the champions.”

tomaldinho1

imagine wanting and craving the premier league title for three decades. Thinking you have a right to that trophy and then finally it’s within your reach.

Then, due to a cruel twist of fate the one title you do win is in front of a completely stadium. Due to a global pandemic the one league win they have couldn’t be celebrated. Couldn’t be cherished. No one was there, the season felt like an afterthought.

Now, with an aging squad, players suffering career ending injuries and first team lads looking to leave on a free they see the end of their squad in sight. Winaldum is leaving on a free; Salah wants out; Milner, Thiago, Henderson, Van Dijk, Firminio are all starting the next season the wrong side of 30; their luck with VAR was obviously going to run out at some point... they see the end of this team coming. And frankly, they don’t have the funds to replace some of these players.
It must be heartbreaking. Wanting and craving something for decades, finally getting it watered down in a way that didn’t mean anything and then seeing their rivals rising again with a manager with ties to the club and young starlets.
Please post this on RAWK, the replies would be legendary

romufc

The Irony from LFC fans...

How many goals last season did Salah & Mane score from individual brilliance ? Almost every week, but they wont talk about it.

adamwest

Brilliant.

BFernandes

What is it with them being given more rest than any other team in the league? Noticed it a few weeks before we faced each other, they would always have that extra day or two off, 9 days to prepare for us and again not playing until tonight after playing us on Sunday.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
The win last night is good as it keeps Ole in the job etc and so on and so forth.
Just how the feck Fred not being sent off every 2 matches is beyond me. I can count 3 yellow card tackles from him every single match.
Found this gem from redcafe

"We performed the game plan to perfection, if it wasn't for the keeper we would have won."

Sorry i just had to post it
They sound like the Bitters.

Ifithadnerbinfer.....
I don’t get this they’re on top of us, why would they be disappointed, Mourinho made a living of getting results like this and winning the title.

Even in Ferguson’s time when they were better than us they would be happy with a draw at Anfield.
Because they are obsessed with us and they have 2 cup finals a year?
Only their most blinkered think they are any good, all the Mancs I know and its a lot, accept they are shite, the footy is shite and they are going nowhere. To have taken all 3 pts from us would be a poke in the eye to us.
They are not a great as Lord Haw Haw Neville would have you believe. They have been shite up to now but got the lucky breaks or dodgy decisions .
And will continue to get them. That's part of the problem. Until the FA becomes neutral they will always have an advantage.
That's similar to what I posted the other day regarding the United fans my brother works with (he lives in Cheshire).

To be honest, I thought most of them would have swallowed the media hype and nonsense and be crowing from the rooftops, yet the ones in his work are talking about lots of luck, false positions in the league and Pogba being shite.
Wife asked her brother the other day if he was watching the game, he said no cos we're shite. He used to go home and away from when he was a kid in the 70's, all over Europe, still goes the odd game now and then. They then got onto would any of this team get into the 90's team and they both said no, they both hate Pogba. I suppose, having been there when they were shit, then seeing the Fergie years, they know the difference, unlike the entitled twats who attached themselves in the glory days - our half time threads and FT threads on here have the same whoppers.
They don't have another gear to reach, unfortunately for them. City will finish comfortably ahead of them by end of the season. We will finish above them too if we find our shooting boots.

They have earned their right as challengers, but they won't be winners. I'll rest easy tonight knowing that.
In a normal season I'd say you're right. But this is far from normal. City are good but they're not the reliable winning machine that they were in 2019.
Hence why he said city have another gear and they look to be going into 4th about now. United are flat out holding in v Fulham in January. Why are you in every thread trying to convince everyone united will win the league and deservedly so?
You’ve gotta laugh at their dumbness.
They claim that they decided to play dogshit football because they were away to the current champions and they don’t normally play like that.
So it was tactical to play like dogshit and to hardly touch the ball. Packing your own defence and not having the balls to attack is a crap way to play and, as effective as it has been, they’ve paid a lot of money for 8 defenders, one attacker and one midfield player who cries like a girl when cuffed on the ear. Yes even Burnley, WBA etc get out of their own half several times per match.
It makes a mockery of their manager’s claim that we were there for the taking. Say again, a team consisting of 8 players whose main role was to sit behind the ball isn’t really telling me they thought we were vulnerable.
But it’s the same old weasel words from their fans and manager that believe they are a good team. It’s tumescent and lifeless.
Feel free to copy and paste @noideaforaname............send me your email address and I’ll forward all my posts to save you the bother.
:lol:

Cloud7

I see, according to them, the FA are back pulling the strings in our favor. Where have they been for the last 7 years? Or did they only activate again after Liverpool won the league?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Imagine winning the league and then the next season all home games are behind closed doors. You play United - your most hated team and not once can you sing “stand up for the champions.”
Imagine if we then somehow did win it just as fans come back into the stadiums. That would be one of the cruellest turn of events for Liverpool fans I can imagine!

desirere

If we somehow win the title, which I honestly doubt, I'm more than 100% sure someone will write something along the lines of "This title will keep Ole in the job haha". I can't believe the level of their delusion.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
If we somehow win the title, which I honestly doubt, I'm more than 100% sure someone will write something along the lines of "This title will keep Ole in the job haha". I can't believe the level of their delusion.
To be fair, there are people on here who will write something along those lines too :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Because they are obsessed with us and they have 2 cup finals a year?
Only their most blinkered think they are any good, all the Mancs I know and its a lot, accept they are shite, the footy is shite and they are going nowhere. To have taken all 3 pts from us would be a poke in the eye to us.
Lack of self-awareness much?

Judas

Open to offers
Imagine how their fanbase would be if they'd had the decade City have had, that amount of trophies and titles, this is the arrogance of ONE premier league title in 30 years. Scary what they'd be like if they actually win a few in the next 5 years. Humbleness really isn't their strong point.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What is it with them being given more rest than any other team in the league? Noticed it a few weeks before we faced each other, they would always have that extra day or two off, 9 days to prepare for us and again not playing until tonight after playing us on Sunday.
Happens every year. Allthough they have a days less rest than us for the cup game on Sunday.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Imagine how their fanbase would be if they'd had the decade City have had, that amount of trophies and titles, this is the arrogance of ONE premier league title in 30 years. Scary what they'd be like if they actually win a few in the next 5 years. Humbleness really isn't their strong point.
Yup - glad I wasn't alive when they were genuinely dominating British football

The Firestarter

We must establish an emergency hotline between the two forums . "You have a dozen batshit posts coming your way!"

mav_9me

That's the part I tell my arsenal supporting fans who don't get it abt Liverpool fans. Another thing is their level of hero worship is nauseating to me.

No Idea For Nickname

From PL thread
Leicester - Chelsea Frank game ..
FAT FRANK sacked by Chelsea

Stevie G wins Europa League and Scottish Premier League
Fat Frank losing the dressing room as well as his hair....
If only there was a John Terry in the dressing room to stand up to fat frank
Lampard is gone by tomorrow if they lose this game.
Nah they'll keep him, sentimental reasons only.
Yup that sounds like Abramovich
Lampard is a terrible Manager.
Plays different systems / players every match with zero identity.
At least, he shouted at Klopp thou. Tory twat.
Made up this fat badly fraud is being exposed...x-rayed the cnut after his billy-big-bollocks antics on the Anfield touchline.
Brendan is doing a bloody brilliant job at Leicester. Annoyingly.
Hope they fall away soon. Can’t be arsed with a top 4 race.
Tuchel incoming?
Hope so. Wont last 18 months.
Guus hiddink looking around for his passport as we speak
Nah, it’ll be Avram...
Anyone have a clip of that moment where I think Lampard, Gerrard & Ferdinand were pundits..think it was us vs City,..City went close & Fwank got all excited and had a lecherous look at the buffet/food?
You’d rather Man City win it over Leicester?
hardly bothered either way to be honest mate. But I don't think I could stomach another 'heroic' Leicester title. City's would be meaningless, par for the course and quickly forgotten. And then they can shove their lifting the trophy in an empty stadium bullshit up their arses because they'd have one as well.
How the feck is Mason Mount part of national team?
One of the most nothing players about, just don’t get what he supposedly offers.
Hudson-Odoi has just pocketed £180,000 for that performance. Staggering. Would love Tielemans as a replacement for Gini. He does the uncomplicated stuff so well.
in these empty stadiums does anyone else hear loony tunes characters doing that scream as they’re falling off cliffs
Ah you're talking of the sound a professional footballer makes when a sleeve brushes against his earlobe.
The very same
Goofy falling off a cliff, Bruno being touched
What the chuff is Tyler whittering on about....."it's difficult for Fat Frank because he has so many good players" ....Most Managers find that rather helpful...
When will he retire my god

Giant headed twat
According to him in commentary just then, you don't win anything with only half the games played. No trophies handed out after 19 games etc
Which is funny when you consider he'd all but declared United champions this time last week.

Paul Merson tells Sky Sports News:

“I don’t see Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp being able to do what Brendan Rodgers has done with Leicester.”
Really needs to stop drinking...
Maddison doesn’t seem like he’s had much media training. He just talks. Quite different really.
Wish more were like him.
Trent turns into an absolute robot when a camera is put in front of him!
One way ticket to Siberia for Fat Frank this week.
I can't imagine being a pundit and trying my best not to comment about how shite my cousin is as a manager. Poor Redknapp
Or they should have gotten one of Brendan's cousins to come on to give balance.
Grealish first touch - floor
Mo Salah dives so much that last season he won 18 fouls.
Jack Grealish won 167.
Does mcmanaman ever shut up
i think i am one of the rare ones being ok with him here. I like him better than Carra.
Agree with you there at least he doesn’t slag us off
McManaman's at least as bad as Carragher when it comes to being negative about us. He was in the studio at half time in the Man Utd game and was saying it was a disgrace to even mention the referee blowing the whistle early, when they should be focusing on how awful we are in the final 3rd. Michael Owen was having to push the case for us, while McManaman and Scholes laughed about it. He's a tit.
FFS

come on City
Erm what?
Wanting a City win? Don't be daft.
My other half said ‘come on city’ half an hour ago.
She said ‘only they can stop United’
I’ve just finished packing her case
sure you did, sure...

No Idea For Nickname

City - Aston Villa game..
Mings you useless Cnut
Utterly minging
Mings is an awful player though
He's possibly the most overrated defender in Premier League history. And he believes his own hype, which leads to him doing dumb shit like that.
It really should be offside. How is that not an offside?
Rodri is well offside and tackles Mings- does anyone, including me, know the offside rule?
Going to take some explaining that one - now every attacker can claim they are not interfering with play.
Going to take some explaining that one - now every attacker can claim they are not interfering with play.
wasnt interfering with play then
He quite clearly does then interfere with play and gained an advantage by being offside.
Mane/Van Dijk offside when their bicep is ahead of a defender, Rodri not offside when he’s 15 yards ahead. Some sport. Offside law was literally created to stop things like that i.e. goal hanging.
Rub of the green. Everyone benefits from those over time. Maybe ours is still to come this season because it hasn't done as of yet.
Cannot wait for all our bits of good luck to come to even things out. We'll have fecking shitloads.
We are owed approximately 2,657 decisions in our remaining matches this season
We used all ours up last season. Seriously though, luck does play a part and every team needs some if they're going to challenge. It plays a small part though, City can thank their much improved defence for their run.
You can try and paint last season as lucky all you want mate, it’ll never stick.
Get your tin foil hats off, it’s just bad officiating but it happens to every club....
Think we'll struggle to hit 80 points, both Utd and City will get more that.
These extra two points (if City hold on) could be the difference come season's end.
Imagine thinking this Man Utd team is good. Shitting it over 2021 United, feckin' Hell!
The point is, you don't have to be THAT good this season. Just consistent and on the end of a bit of luck and decisions and stay injury free.
A yard from him and going wide. Give a pen.
fecking stupid these decisions.
We didn't get a pen for the same exact thing..
If it stops Utd getting near the title then no problem
Up the Fulham
I'll watch it until the first Utd penalty i think
Michael Owen raging here, refs will punish us for his comments no doubt
Peter Walton’s flipped his opinion
Hang on, has Peter Walton changed his mind now?!
He is a twat he is pointless he usually sides with the on field ref.
Today he has back tracked so he is paid by BT as an expert ref but doesnt know the rules
Even Dale 'Peter Walton isn't supportive enough of VAR decisions' Johnson of ESPN said it was offside.
If Salah and Mane had done it, it would be offside. That is how inconsistent that refereeing had been this year.
If that is the rule of the law, we should stick a player behind the last man to tackle him as soon as he receives the ball.
It's Van Nisselroy all over again. He used to deliberately bend that rule a lot, and that's why they changed it if I recall correctly. It's fecking offside.
Jake Humphries loving this "best title race ever" isn't he.
TV broadcasters got what they wanted in the end then. Thanks to refs shafting us out of about 8 points.
If we're not going to win it (not saying we can't), I hope City pull away and it's over by March. feck their "open title race, ooh isn't it exciting!" bullshit.
Biggest prick on football TV. Absolute smug bastard.
He really is, the feckin shandy drinking, Coldplay-liking, M&S jumper-wearing, woolyback wum
What giant pile of bollox decision goes in Utd's favour against Fulhum, one wonders ...
Pundits trying to Bill this as a huge game for United when they know it’s a probable win
The games against the big boys are actually where you win it and they’ve got 4ptd out of 18
Will Fulham park a bus and play like their lives depended on it? Let's see.
I actually quite fancy Fulham to get something here.
Haven't you heard, Jack? It's rigged in favour of all our rivals and against us.
No, it's rigged in Manchester's favour - they're playing by a completely different rule book to the rest of the league.
Example tonight: Luiz takes down Bernardo (I think) cynically. Five minutes later Bernardo does the same to Grealish, no booking.
City had a clear handball not given against them against Southampton at 0-0, yet we and Villa have dubious handballs ( Cash one is a penalty all day for me, but I've seen plenty like that not given lately) given in their favour.
A huge section of the national media is Salford based now and a huge percentage of Premier League referees live or come from the Manchester area. Liverpool also won the league last season and nobody wants us to win it again. This shit has an affect on things, you're naive to think otherwise.
That City decision is utterly bizarre

Mings doesn’t have it under control
After that time Kane was offside and it came off Lovren and they he dived for a pen, nothing surprises me.
That's the only other time I've ever seen that interpretation of the law be used in that way

No Idea For Nickname

Fulham Manchester United game

Drinking game

Take a drink every time commentator mentions United and ‘top of the table’ during the game
I'm on the wine. I'll be steaming by minute 17
1-0
This'll be given offside. Probably.
Haha, oh dear.
Wan-Bissaka with more of that excellent positioning.
I didn't even bother celebrating that Lookman goal, was convinced it'd be ruled out
Fantastic start. Get another one now. Give them a mountain to climb
Who cares? The team that are going to run away with it have just been handed a win by officials in their only tough game in 10 games .... it's over
Awaits the penalty leveller
So much space in behind...
How I miss the early days with Klopp when every side was not rightfully terrified.
Dangerous lead against the "comeback kings"...
Goal stands. As always, everything goes Fulham’s way. Yet some still believe the league isn’t corrupt.
This place has turned into BlueMoon when it comes to league conspiracies.
That's a pen
haha that actually looked like a pen to me
saw twice and yes, i would be pissed if we were not given a penalty like that.
No chance, i’d be questioning why our player was stepping into a player without even being near the ball
fecking hell, as soon as a player breathes on them, these lot flop to the ground.
That’s a foul on Loftus Cheek if anything, no attempt to play the ball, only interested in getting Loftus Cheek to make contact
Fred steps into him with zero regard for playing the ball
Surprised it wasn’t given to them
They are clearly coached to dive
Why didn't the cabal give Utd a pen just then?
Spent their cabal points in the City game
a penalty to Fulham after Looan dive would be delicious now.
He's going under the radar but Scott Parker is a decent manager tactically.
Better than Frank.
Calling it now, Pogba will get sent off tonight. He looks ready to shit himself every time he gets turned.
Fulham get the first goal! Maybe United's heads are still at Anfield
Who writes this stuff
1-1
Brilliant ball Jenas??? Howler by the keeper
'keeper wtf
What a tit.
FFS. Areola. What a tit.
The sort of breaks we are not getting at all.
Areola's been fantastic all season, so naturally he had to turn to shit when United come to town. Lucky bastards.
What a joke. We can't get a ball to fall for us in over a month, United gets one every 30 mins.
And Areola gifts Utd. an equaliser. And he’s looked so good up until now
Jenas going on about how great a ball it was by Fernandes. He literally hit it straight at the keeper.
Someone get a grip and kick Fernandes.
How was that "a great delivery" by Fernandes? It was a pretty poor cross that became an assist only because the keeper had a mare.
Why don’t teams man mark Fernandes?
Is he worth man marking?
Was going to write something similar. Zidane he ain't.
That's what I said! He is the only creative force in this side. Play two 6s and have one follow him around the pitch.
He's their best player. If you're in relegation scrap surely it would be wise nullify that threat
Cause you're only allowed 1 person in the box when taking a penalty.
If Harry's head wasn't at right angles there, he might have scored.
Has he got that first moustache from Gary Neville?
Those short free kicks are so stupid
Their luck has to run out at some point right? RIGHT?!?
You would think if their luck does not run out, ours will at lest turn good.
Stormer v us that keeper
Prick
Kinell squared. Is this the same Fulham that we played a month or so ago?
They’re utter gash.
They were decent for the first 15 mins.
Pogba gets away with loads. Just shoving him off the ball, no foul.
1-2

FFS! Could you give him anymore space? You can not convince me sides are not more up for defending vs us. Insane.
Rubbish he side stepped two players.
Good hit in fairness. Space or not
Where's rushyman? Now all the talk of the title comes and it's now my time to get steaming. Carried to bed at 90 mins is still on
That's why I wasn't overly sad when City took that late lead.
These c*nts keep grinding out the wins over the dross.
You're right but you'd have to say who have we got that could do what Pogba's just done there? With that power. Mane and Salah usually go for curlers in that situation.
I know we all hate United but come on, credit it where it's due, that was a hell of a strike.
Great finish to be fair. Weaker foot.
It was but he’s still shit, he will try another 29 like that in the next ten matches and not one will go in. Won’t stop the jizz fest though.
Fulham have offered feck all going forward since they scored.
They were just as shit against us but we didn’t take advantage. They are a limited team.
I think it is fair to say we haven’t been playing as well as United or City against this lot.
We might be relying on city to deny united I feel.
Are we feck. Whatever about finishing above City, we should definitely be finishing above United.
Amazing what a bit of confidence will do for you. They're full of it, we're bereft of it. A few months ago Pogba couldn't string together more than three passes.
Fulham are just pathetic. So frustrating that we give these kinds of teams so much respect when we go there.
Are we the only club this season getting injuries ffs we were told it was gonna hit everyone with the fixture congestion!Have United has any key player injured this season!
Amazing what a bit of confidence will do for you. They're full of it, we're bereft of it. A few months ago Pogba couldn't string together more than three passes.
Confidence is a huge thing. They're unbeaten in over a year away from home in the league. We'll have to take them seriously soon. No idea how they've done it. Still think we'll finish above them but we'll see
They've been winning constantly for about 2 months. The time to dismiss them is look gone.
A few goalless draws doesn't mean you should dismiss us either. Don't forget, we've been winning pretty well for 2 years. There is more chance of us improving than there is of United getting better or even staying as consistent as they are, wouldn't you agree?
Win tonight and that's ten wins from their last 13 games, that's a third of a season. 33 points from 39, that's over 2.5 points per game they've been averaging for ages.
So now people are questioning our own player's desires and mentalities
After a poor run of FOUR matches
Some people don’t deserve this Club or Manager
The fact you seem to think a shit United team can't feck up. This isn't 2002, this ain't a good Man Utd side.
You don't need to shit your pants.
They’re clearly very good. They haven’t lost in ages and keep picking up points.
Christ cavani is a cheat
Oh my god Fred you feckin shithouse
Every single one of these is a cheat
Fred is their Fernandinho. Could easily be sent of every game from dives and tactical fouls if the refs were consistent
FT
Lucky lucky bastards
Unbelievably spawny fecking team

This can’t continue
It obviously can, they were lucky for over a decade.
5th fecking gear in January hanging on by the skin of their teeth v Fulham
We are still superior but anyone constantly trying to dismiss them as being shite are kidding themselves.
All it takes is us to batter Burnley tomorrow and we’ll be back on a roll however.
How did some of yous surive 20 some years of them being successful?
These lot aren’t finishing above City at least, we still might
Fulham deserved at least a point there
Sooner or later these keepers dropping balls and pens and deflections and people missing sitters v them has to dry up
How are these top? Also why aren't they knackered? Fernández plays every game
City and Utd both winning, definitely worried how some of you’se are going go get through the night. Hang in there folks, it’s going to be ok, we’ll be back next season.
If you consider Utd and city winning as ‘going against us’ and obviously us not getting a win as ‘going against us’ that’s 12 games on the spin now that have ‘gone against us’
Hopefully 13th time lucky tomorrow!
Not gonna lie, the table looks grim. Fingers crossed we find some form or its gonna be very difficult
I don't see many people losing faith in Liverpool, they're just reassured City are around to stop Utd, a sort of safety net.
we'll finish above Man Utd.
They'll fall off soon enough
When did we get a penalty like Pogba tripping himself up.
We didn't. But we had other 50-50 decisions go our way. Trent handball vs City. Lovren vs Palace away.
United players believe and you can see every point means something to them, clearly not taking points for granted now.
Is it squeaky bum time yet?
MancsU has overtaken us. And city has turned around in about 18 games. Hopefully we can keep up with these bunch
They are top, but Im never impressed by United, all their games are 50-50 that they seem to come out on top, they cant do that all season. Things will go badly wrong again and they havent got the manager to fix things.
City on the other hand, look ominous. remind me of liverpool this time last season. They are on a different level to everyone else right now and if they are allowed to open up a gap they wont be caught.
Agree with that. City have tightened up and look the really watertight at the moment. It also helps when they are getting ridiculous decisions like they did tonight.
What a twat of a night.
But not exactly unexpected. not winning tomorrow... now that really would be a twat of a night and leave us in a bad spot.
They signed Fernandes 11 and a half months ago, since then he has only taken 18 penalties for them. Since he signed Liverpool have had 6 penalties.
They’ve won 21 points from losing positions this season. That’s mental.

Sign of title contenders or sign of something that can’t be sustained?
Sign of a side that likes to concede early.
How many points from losing positions have they taken against the top sides though ?
The second one. The only reason they are top is that us and city have been all over the place, normal season they be battling with Leicester for third. They are dogshit, spawny as feck and I am (almost) certain they will fall back and our form will return.
Yep.

Sign of a team that is vulnerable when they have to open up against teams. Probably explains why they rarely leave their own half against the top sides.
And have 4pts from 18 v them
looks like I picked a bad week to give up drinking hairspray....
When you are in a run of good results and form, as Utd. and City are, things go for you, as they did for us for much of last season. It’s the same in all sports.
Look at the last ditch tackles, blocks and headers in that Fulham game - there’s an inexorable nature to football that’s beyond rational explanation.
The thing to remember is that just when everything is going well, the football gods can get bored. Unwarranted penalties, horrible deflections, referee decisions suddenly not going your way.
It’s still a long season.
When we were gritting out tough away games we called if character. Our rivals called it luck.
They haven’t lost away from home in over a year and over the last 33 games they have taken the most points in the league. That isn’t to say they are a great team because they aren’t. But they are a good team.
However, our lads have the POTENTIAL to be great. This United side is operating at its full capacity. If our lads start doing that again then we can win 18 or 19 of our last 20. Fully believe that. Even with Virgil out. It’s up to our lads to prove it.
Do they really want Man Utd winning the title the year after we finally did? Step forward mentality monsters.

big rons sovereign

Just been behind a scouser in traffic, how do I know it was a scouser? Well, apart from there being a fat, bald, gobshite behind the wheel, it was the massive gold liverbird in the rear window.
It seems only the vermin insist upon advertising their allegiance in such a manner.

Verminator

Maybe when our 3 top scorers from last season start firing again we will be. Until then, we have a lot of capacity still.
This what a lot of people forget, including our own fans.
We had a dodgy defence, bailed out by our forwards and mainly midfielders, at the start. Now, the forwards are reliant on our defence and midfield, to keep it tight and chip in with goals.

When all departments are firing together, we will be something special to behold.