RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
We'll come out of this and will be challenging for the title again next year. Just hope we come out of this quick enough to get top 4 this season.
Also bloody shame there's no crowds at the moment. Getting tickets would be a piece of piss

Jurgen shouldn't get riled by that kind of thing. Far too sensitive at times.
Agreed. The media have been after him ever since the Des Kelly incident.
You must've never heard of Jurgan Kloppp before tonight.
its not so much riled, it’s just that he has never been able to stop himself from saying what he is thinking, he has no filter.
He’s always had battles with the press through his coaching career, he makes no secret of the fact he can’t stand them and has little time or respect for them.
And I love him for it
He’s a bad loser, like every other successful manager out there. It is what it is.
No manager, used to winning and dominating, takes losing and getting dominated well.
Just glad he’s ours.
exactly, he has that Greg Popovich genes in his blood.
He should just ignore the odious prick, conduct his answers like a robot and once the camera is off tell him to do one.
Im glad many of you and social media were not about in the 90s feck me it would be bedlam, and most of you would probably be United fans
Honestly think he will be off in the summer
Who will be off?
I hope your off this evening.
Who? Alisson? Nonsense.
You chose to make only your 3rd ever post to say that?!
Klopp.

Have a look at his three posts. I smell a bitter bluenose troll.
I did wonder when I saw he had only posted 3 times. Always suspicious.
Hmm I don’t think it’ll be the summer, i reckon you’ll get booted off by the end of tonight.
haha, go back to GrandOldTeam, you c*nt.
He's on about Klopp. And I've a feeling he's one of those lovable blues from across the park.
You mean you hope he's gone.

Which one are you then, United or a Everton fan?
Klopp isnt going anywhere and nor should he.
Today we got beat by the team who will walk the league which ive said for months.
We arent just missing our CBs but our CM too and I thought Kabak should have started today.
Nobody who has won a title from memory has had an injury crisis like we have.
Covid/BCD has also changed things as well regardless of what people say its not real.
We just have to try get 4th and I will consider that a good season.
6 days ago I was having spinal fusion surgery having parts of my vertebraes removed for 5 hours and I have to tell you, even that experience and the days afterwards was not as depressing as some posts here.
As my wife always tells me, "The pain makes the pleasure so much better."
Funny, shes thanked me the same on a number of occasions. Shes such an observant and giving woman. You're a lucky man.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I love how two seasons out of the ordinary and now it’s “this is a blip and normal for everybody else”...keep telling yourself that sweetie...

It’s a little late this year due to corona but the old scouse boom bust cycle is bang on the money

No Idea For Nickname

Keane has a point. We've been dealt a shitty hand, but managed to do enough to be top at Christmas. We're just starting to look sorry for ourselves now and look for excuses. Injuries happen. We shouldn't be throwing the towel in like we have over the past month.
No he hasn't. Also after Christmas we began a run of picking up injuries and niggles in basically most games that followed. Anyone who thinks you can continue at that rate unaffected is talking through their backside. How well did Keane do as a manager by the way?
Someone should have asked him about the season Stam and Johnson and Berg were all out inured and he had to play CB with Nicky Butt.
They called it the Butt plug season.
Keane is chatting shite. He talked about how our players shouldn't be celebrating a title last season. He is a fecking weirdo.
Yep, he's a weirdo. His contrarian takes on things often make for fun tv but it's also why hes a failed manager. Absolutely no people skills
Took our dog for a walk after the match, just to gather me thoughts, you know, compose and not let if get on me tits, yet, sadly the dogs got diarrhea, the dog shit allover the park. Life imitated sport.
I blame both managers of that, as much as I do the dogs.
The one bonus for me being, I didn't have to wipe Trent's and Allison's arse.
I refuse to walk the dogs, no way i pick shite up. No fecking way.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I love how two seasons out of the ordinary and now it’s “this is a blip and normal for everybody else”...keep telling yourself that sweetie...

It’s a little late this year due to corona but the old scouse boom bust cycle is bang on the money
They are doing the next year is our year thing already, so I think they are well on schedule.

hubbuh

Took our dog for a walk after the match, just to gather me thoughts, you know, compose and not let if get on me tits, yet, sadly the dogs got diarrhea, the dog shit allover the park. Life imitated sport.
I blame both managers of that, as much as I do the dogs.
The one bonus for me being, I didn't have to wipe Trent's and Allison's arse.
I refuse to walk the dogs, no way i pick shite up. No fecking way.
:lol: Dead

stevoc

Someone should have asked him about the season Stam and Johnson and Berg were all out inured and he had to play CB with Nicky Butt.
Pretty sure that never actually happened.

No Idea For Nickname

I love Alisson, but he's certainly not the best in the world mate. Not that it matters anyway.
Well he’s in the top 1.
Not on current form he isn't.
I went over the top before by saying said we should get rid. I was just angry at his mistakes and the result. But there is some truth in saying he hasn't been as good as he was in his first season with us. He doesn't seem quite as agile and his reactions seem a little off to me. But that could be down to the fact he's suffered so many injuries for a GK in the past 18 months to 2 years.
He's top 3 in the world. He had an absolute shocker today, but his form has been fine.
He's the best. One game doesn't change that.
He has saved our arses plenty of times this season.
9 points from 9 is grim. I thought Klopp would gamble with Kabak but playing Hendo Fabinho in defence paid off for 75 minutes. I think we'd have been content with a point at that juncture, losing from there is very atypical of us.
He was never going to gamble with the new guys against City who are the most inform team in the league currently. We have a week now so I would expect that one of them certainly will play next time round.

Carragher can get to hell, he's the one being quoted by the media as asking the questions about Klopp.
If that's true he needs to have a massive word with himself. He's throwing his legacy under the bus with shit like that. Is that gig at Sky so precious to him? I don't watch it that much, but I get the feeling that Tyler and Neville are just taking the piss out of him most of the time.
I don't watch Sky it's mainly media headlines that I saw claiming that. I wouldn't even waste my time looking at them to be honest.
Saying Stevie Gerrard will be our next manager.
Lost all respect for him to be honest.
I love Stevie but I have no idea why this narrative keeps coming up.
Mainly because Stevie and Kloppo's contract ends at the same time and so people are putting two and two together.
Gerrard will need another 5 to 10 years before he will be ready for even a PL team. However he is doing alright and hopefully keeps learning.

Is that the first time Klopp has lost back to back league games at Liverpool?
Doesn't count though, does it.

I don't watch sky or bts coverage but you would think Carra or Neville would love to do a piece on us on MNF. I'm sure they haven't because people on here are getting so wound up by their punditry and buying into their bullshit. Even for a casual it'd be interesting to explain how are play has changed after Virgils injury and the effect that has on the whole team. I know they won't though because they still want to push the narrative that we are the same team. It just goes to show they're not in the business of providing insightful footballing tactical analysis. If they did that then Liverpool are less of a brand for them. They're no better than the rags. They're really not, yet people still listen to this shit and lap it up.
Sky my hairy Irish arse, you are right. Fab and Hendo not in CDM is a massive loss to us maybe more than people realise Virgil being out is hurting us, plus Jota too, so in fact it is Virgils loss that is killing us more than him just beng injured.
Now that going for #20 is officially done, hopefully everyone can take a week off and re-evaluate the season. Coaches, players, and especially fans. Next three games are all biggies and almost like a new season starts now. Need to consolidate top 4, and get through to last 8 of ECL, then who knows. Klopp has my confidence at getting a tune out of the squad for the rest of the season. Even if he can't, we go again next year with fans and injured staff back. Let's put the depressing fault-finding behind us eh? We still have some awesome players and most will be back. They have some credit in the bank I would hope.

Up the reds!
By the way, it did make me laugh in a time of few laughs, what Kloppo said he told Alisson after the game: 'I said to him already, ‘We have stands, you can shoot the ball there.’ ‘

This team is spent
Gosh, all of them?
so does that explain the media being so negative towards us these past few months? it feels to me like they turned on Klopp very suddenly.

Stevie feels he wants the managers job now so the media campaign has begun?
I don't think it has anything to do with Stevie to be fair. I think he's kept well out of it, but Carragher is just being his usual agenda driven self at times he talks absolute garbage.
I can't say enough about Stevie G, but this talk is way, way too premature.

I guess the media does what it does.
its par for the course if you think back to how things were when they were both players isnt it?

No Idea For Nickname

Any of them admitting Salah dived?
as I said, no, but in match day thread, but this is in Salad's thread:
Glad he went down like that after the pull, made Oliver make a decision.

Cool as the Fonz with the pen.
'Salah has made the most of it'
Liverpool 1-1 Manchester City
Robbie Savage
Ex-Wales midfielder on BBC Radio 5 Live

Mo Salah has certainly made the most of it. Yes, he pulled Salah's arm, but was there enough for Salah to go down? I'd have done the same if I was Salah.
and that's about it..

SwedishFish

How on earth is Allison the best keeper in the world? I've never ever seen it myself tbh.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Some lovely attempts to keep blaming it all on injuries.

This way it can't be the tactics, the players, the manager etc.

Mentality mice

No Idea For Nickname

Klopp was unlucky in his last season at Dortmund. Part of the process of us appointing him had a look at the last season and they actually found Dortmund were exceptionally unlucky with the chances they created and were not able to take. You need to stop throwing it all at Klopp's door and realise when a team gets this many injuries (especially in the same position), there are going to be consequences on that. It will have a knock on effect overall, not saying he's not made some errors with subs and the like but you seem to be determined to push this all in one direction and it's rarely that simple.
this is nothing like his 7th season at Dortmund for me. Not that this is a comforting thing, cos this is a lot worse. But a lot of the reasons for the results where very different.
The only thing that concerns me is what he said on leaving Dortmund, that it was far easier for him to leave than to change half the team (or words to that effect, he may hve said ‘6 or 7 players’). And it wasn’t cos he’d lost them, far from it, it’s cos he knew they needed to rebuild the first team.
It's a lazy comparison.
Dortmund also kept losing their best players to Bayern. Klopp was also in his 7th year at Dortmund.
The only thing that concerns me is what he said on leaving Dortmund, that it was far easier for him to leave than to change half the team (or words to that effect, he may hve said ‘6 or 7 players’). And it wasn’t cos he’d lost them, far from it, it’s cos he knew they needed to rebuild the first team.
That is concerning. Especially since Klopp prioritizes a strong emotional attachment with his players. Hopefully he learns his lesson and be more ruthless. Like Fergie.
Klopp is genuine and he's a realist. He's humble and says it how it is. People are dying all over the world. There are much more important issues than football going on right now. Do you honestly expect him to stand in front of the players and motivate them how he normally does when players are coming down with covid and it's likely their families are at risk and maybe even passing away, wherever they are in the world? We won the league last season and I've no doubt he would've gave them the exact same message that would've been along the lines of... It's football lads, we're fortunate, we play for the fans and bring happiness to the people but it's only football. I don't think he could stand in front of them and demand then 100% he usually does with everything that is happening. He will demand professionalism which he'll get but our players are human, throw in our injuries, fatigue and it's not worth over analysing. These aren't normal times in which to judge our club. We'll celebrate no 19 when possible and go again next season hopefully with a fresh squad and some fans back. Leave the analysing and creating a mountain out've a mole hill to the pundits in the studios thriving on this mess of a season.
Bit worried about Jurgen, he has looked frustrated and fed up for some time. He is a people person and playing football in a sterile environment maybe getting to him. Maybe the burden of expectation with an injury hit and fatigued squad is taking its toll? Maybe something else is wrong that we aren’t aware of? Whatever it is today is a watershed in that chasing number 20 is gone for now and we need to refocus and make sure we secure a top 4 finish. And there is the small matter of the Champions League.

No Idea For Nickname

How on earth is Allison the best keeper in the world? I've never ever seen it myself tbh.

He has been absolutely world class for her and saved our arses loads just this very season. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.
Anyway, who is better?
Me saying I don't think he's been as good doesn't mean I want us to sell him. So chill.
Oh and for me Jan Oblak is the best GK in the world on current form right now.
But after that?
Scott Carson.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Do other fans ever need to remind themselves so often that their manager is a "people person"?

The Firestarter

By the way, it did make me laugh in a time of few laughs, what Kloppo said he told Alisson after the game: 'I said to him already, ‘We have stands, you can shoot the ball there.’ ‘
:lol:

No Idea For Nickname

Re Fernandes. Jamie Rednapp and ratface are hilarious. In particular Rednapp going on like god himself has graced the premiere league. A couple of Utd fans i know say he’s lazy and not good for the team, the goals and assists numbers cover over a huge number of problems with him and his attitude stinks.
You only need to jump on to red cafe and many of their posters are very critical of him.
It’s like Rednapp doesn’t actually watch him and just looks at stats to form an opinion
Those fans are idiots.
If we had Bruno, we'd absolutely love him. He's like Suarez. Whingy, annoying, shithouse with extraordinary talent and absolute desire to win.
The media have always had a golden boy when any of their players shows any hint of not being complete shite.

You just have to look at the number of 'amazing talents' they have signed that turned out to be crap to see that.

And anything they do that is half-decent is lauded like the second coming of Pele and Maradona.
This is an unintentionally hilarious post well done
I particularly enjoyed ‘his goals and assists cover a huge number of problems with him’

Goals.
And assists.
Pens
My point personally is cantona was 10 times him and didn’t go missing in big games
Well Cantonas retired now, I’m sure he was the better player but the idea Fernandes is a problem for United is fecking hilarious
He’s putting up 0.66 Non pen xg + xA ... that’s really really good. I was wrong on him when they signed him - churlish to pretend he’s not quality
He is clearly a very good player. His stats speak for themself. Him and Cavani are the only reason united are sitting in 2nd place.
That said, he has won the square root of feck all and hasn't done it over a few years. All the comparisons are stupid.
Let's see how he gets on next season. If he keeps it up, fair play to him.
It’s classic case of rival fans not wanting to admit that the team they hate has a quality player or two in it. If you ask them about Mo or Sadio the mutants will say they’re shite or that paving slab head is twice the player of VVD. No harm in admitting Fernandes is a quality player and that he’s transformed those shit bags. Obviously, the media will hype him and them as a team but come on, we’re used to that shit by now, it’ll blow over.
Fernandes is an amazing player for them. He scores and he assists and pretty much everything good comes through him. Maybe all time great comments are overblown but you are a bit silly to say he isn’t good.
He was linked with loads of clubs during 18-19 before he moved to United, he scored a ridiculous amount of goals that season which upped the fee to almost £70 million, he would have been bought for a fraction of that fee before that breakout season.
I expect him to be at PSG, or the big Spanish duo if United don't win anything in the next 18 months.
No one was biting though, i don't think United were even that keen but they had to do something in the market after all their galactico signings fell through.
Can see United giving him a new contract over the summer worth something stupid like £400k a week so nobody will go near him. He's a very, very good player undoubtedly. Nowhere near the level the media and most United fans would try to have you believe though. I do think he'll regress though. He seems like his attitude stinks and he comes across as a bit of a prick. I think his effort levels will drop after they fail to win the league this season after being handed their best chance since Ferguson left.
He's been effective against the league fodder. Not so much in the big league games though. Tends to go missing in those.
If the player of the year award was held tomorrow it’d be a fight between De Bruyne, Fernandes and Grealish who all play some version of the creative attacking midfielder
To be honest, out of those 3, only De Bruyne is a genuine top class. The other 2 are the classic "big fish in a small pond" type, and would never have any significant impact at the very top of the game.
I think Grealish would be the same player for whoever he plays for. His game isn't only about goals and asissts. He is that good with the ball at his feet that he would be an asset to any kind of team, at any level.
Fernandes, I'm less sure about. He probably would still be good for most sides, just less sure about him in another side.
I decided to look at videos of his goals and assists to see just how special he is, got bored very quickly and switched it off. It was corner for Maguire to head in, short pass where Greenwood did all the work, Freekick over the wall for Martial to volley, pass to Igaholo where Igalho still had loads to do. His goals were penalty, penalty, shot trex should have saved, penalty, decent shot, penalty. For me an assist is where you play a pass that sets a player up to take maybe 1 touch before scoring or where you beat a few defenders to create a tap in. If a player still has loads to do before scoring, like running 50 yards, or has to beat two or three players, that's not an assist. He's a good player, he gets nowhere near ours or Citys starting 11's though.

No Idea For Nickname

About United:
I've decided not to mock this lot for a while until we get ourselves back on track. As I keep ending up with egg on my face. We somehow keep outdoing their shitness.
You should continue to. They're deluded, whereas we're a bit more realistic. I'll bet the c*nts were all jumping up and down on their sofa when Salah hit the deck, only for them to be calling us shit and cursing us at full time for not doing them any favours. Their brains will catch up eventually to the fact that they're punching above their weight and having a purple patch. To them, though, a purple patch means they're somehow a better side than us and City. In reality, they aren't, despite how poor our form is.
Well at least we haven't helped these good for nothings today. ;)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I decided to look at videos of his goals and assists to see just how special he is, got bored very quickly and switched it off. It was corner for Maguire to head in, short pass where Greenwood did all the work, Freekick over the wall for Martial to volley, pass to Igaholo where Igalho still had loads to do. His goals were penalty, penalty, shot trex should have saved, penalty, decent shot, penalty. For me an assist is where you play a pass that sets a player up to take maybe 1 touch before scoring or where you beat a few defenders to create a tap in. If a player still has loads to do before scoring, like running 50 yards, or has to beat two or three players, that's not an assist. He's a good player, he gets nowhere near ours or Citys starting 11's though.

Hoof the ball

Honestly, some of the theories behind why Fernandes isn't that good after all wouldn't be out of place on Ancient Aliens. They've quite literally reduced everything he's accomplished down to something good someone else did in order for it to succeed. Not even Charlie could cook up a mental scheme so deep down the rabbit hole.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
We've convinced ourselves we're better than them :lol:

Isn't that kind of the point of the league table? 23 games played and we've been a bit better than them based upon an actual metric that matters. 5 points.

hubbuh

I am entitled to my opinion. Do your homework before you start calling people cocks mister men or ill make it my business to find you. We are all frustrated by yesterdays result and we will bounce back.
They're losing it.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Fernandes being lazy (he's quite possibly our most industrious player) and nowhere near City's and Liverpool's starting XIs are peak RAWK delusion. They really are going with the Aldi Lallana garbage.