RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

distant_red

Some wives of the posters will report their husbands woke at 3am tomorrow morning shouting, "Mane was pushed!!! Doesn't anybody see it??" Zzzzzzzzzzz

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Covid case rate falling in the UK, Trump a distant memory, Liverpool in crisis. The balance is being restored :D

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s a downer that City and not us get to be champions during Klopp’s promised victory parade but I’m still here for it.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Covid case rate falling in the UK, Trump a distant memory, Liverpool in crisis. The balance is being restored :D
They've gone to shit since Trump got ousted. That election in 2016 really threw everything out of balance, didn't it?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Its too early but you think Spurs would open to sell Son or they won't let him go ? I always rated Son.
they giving him away?
They won't sell Son and we won't be buying him
they giving him away?
Great, free transfer it is

I’m an atheist from way back, but I do believe - on the evidence of a lifetime watching football - in the ‘football gods’. What the f.... we’ve done to upset them I’ve no idea.

And that’s without the curious case of repeated incidents of ‘odd’ refereeing (never, it seems, to OUR advantage). As is the case with not wishing to believe in ‘football gods’, but then constantly having your rationality tested to destruction by remorseless examples, my natural reluctance to believe refs have anything other than the noblest neutrality is tested to destruction also.

As I said in an earlier post, I’m looking forward to Tuesday, if only because I’m pretty confident the game will have capable, and neutral, officials.
The Noblest Neutrality
A Collection of Thoughts from Some of the Great Refereeing Minds from Contemporary Football
including Dean, Riley, Taylor, Ferguson, Coote & Webb.
Available now, $29.99, from Random Decisions
Eh I'm stuck in a 18 month contract with Bt Sport, will be a fecking disaster if we don't play European football next season.
If we end up in the Europa you'll get more value for your money

No Idea For Nickname

Need to fresher things up , that’s obvious.
Next season will be different for sure. 4 or 5 fringe players out , 2 or 3 first team players in and I think one of our front 3 goes , just not sure which.

We have gone stale, predictable blah blah
Midfield is too slow and nowhere near enough goals from them

Penny for klopps and even hendos thoughts
2 or 3 first team players? Who you replacing in there?
A centreback, another player to replace Wijnaldum and another attacker.
So the best part of £130 million
We don't have any money!
Where are we getting the money, is the real question.
No, why does it take that much money?
Selling 4,5, 6 or more players, jaysus we will have nobody left.

No Idea For Nickname

The refs are shit. Have been for as long as I can remember. Again, unless you want the players and club to just stop playing then you just have to get on with it. One bad call shouldn’t mean the team just crumbles but that just happened.

PaulRich

So cringy. Why do they always have to be so extra special about everything they do? :rolleyes:
We climbed the hill in our own way - its a reference to a lyric in the Pink Floyd song Fearless which also samples the Kop singing YAWN - abstract alongside the cringe

No Idea For Nickname

Amazing how Lineker is constantly moaning about VAR, yet when it goes in favour of Leicester, not a peep.
Hmmmmm it's almost like the ex-Everton and Leicester forward he has an agenda

Gotta say a positive - Bob's backheel turn for Mo's amazing goal was fecking superb
Wasn't it just.
Its up there with Sturridge in the Europa Final for great goals that mean feck all and are forever forgotten.
I'm fearing the worst for the next couple of premiership matches too; the derby against inform Everton followed by a visit to Bramall Lane, which is a well known bogey ground for us! Hope I'm wrong or else we'll end up mid-table
Can anyone realistically see City dropping points in the next two games? betfair reeled me back in and by (jinx) betting on city in the last few months I've managed to build a healthy amount. Their form has been really good, they do have a sticky run of games now though.
I actually think Everton have more chance of taking something- Spurs will be shattered after their cup game and demoralised. Kane has probably been rushed back too so will limp around.
DCL apparently will make it back for City so they could get a point but then it's Everton.
Everton have literally scored 8 goals in their last two matches from about 12 attempts. They were absolutely terrible against United and I've no idea how they got a point. City will tear them a new one without even conceding.
Looking at the table now, we could really do with City twatting the teams underneath us - starting with Spurs tonight and then the Bitters on Wednesday...

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I don't think that person knows what flagellating means.

No Idea For Nickname

Even without VAR Leicester get a penalty anyway. These refs are never going to give us anything.

How is Salah's not a pen and theirs was? I genuinely hate VAR but it's the officials that are screwing us. Do you think United fans hate VAR?
Salah is a Muslim
Shame we had a massive collapse because it's over shadowed the dodgy offside which no one else is talking about
We had a collapse because of the dodgy offside decision though.
They don't talk about it because Liverpool losing is the big story. If we'd scored that goal to beat Leicester then there would likely be some controversy but because it's against us, nobody cares.
Does anyone have the Salah non penalty is the first half?
The one where the commentator sternly says he went down easily and "not all contact in the penalty area is a foul"?
No and a little bit of Googling has made me sick. So much vile shit being thrown in Salah's direction. Calling him a diving cheat?! Must be one of the most fouled players in the PL, but with the least amount of free-kicks!
The real scandal today is that the referee makes a good call on the free kick and the linesman makes a good call on the offside. And Paul Tierney decides again to make it about VAR. I feel like I’m at the point of ‘I rest my case’ in terms of them sabotaging VAR this season, it’s so blatant.
Their first goal just joins a long list of decisions I just laugh at now.

The only surprise for me was them not somehow giving them a penalty.
Looks close here but the ball doesn't appear to have left Maddison's foot yet. Probably a frame out, but the momentum is all going one way and Bobby's size 13s aren't pointing at Alisson.
They used Bobby's shadow to draw the line.
Are his boots all bright yellow? If so they’re def pointing along the line and not towards the goal, and he’s taken the line from the shadow.
Yup, all the same colour. They used the shadow of his boot
It was outside the box, not even they could have done that.
They were desperate for it to be inside though, you could tell by how long it took.
Yes, after giving the Salah incident about twenty seconds of time

No Idea For Nickname

This is what Liverpool have been up against all year. This kind of bullshit. 10 examples...

You cannot explain what has happened to Liverpool this year without this corruption.
They have shafted our title hopes, now they want to make sure we don't get top 4.

Couldn't hack Liverpool being the dominant force once more in English football. Sad.
I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy at all, but defending champions Liverpool struggling is a nice little story to spice up a very dull season isn’t it. Literally everything is going against us right now
would not be surprised if some players just wanted to go because of this shit... I know I would... this is inconsistent and unclear as ever.
Just look at Thiago's reaction after virtually every decision by the refs. It's an increasingly miserable mix of bemusement and desperation.
Didn't even realise that the blue line was for Firmino and it is nowhere near his foot
Those are the lines we see, not the ones they see.
What are they seeing that's different? Has Firmino dislocated his ankle and turned his foot the other way around?
People seriously think this shit isn't rigged?
I'm done until it's gone. Anthony Taylor should not be refereeing our matches either. He's a bald, inept c*nt from Manchester who set the tone for our downward spiral by blowing up for every Leicester foul he possibly could. That Kabak yellow as almost as laughable as Amartey being onside.
The blue line is nowhere near Firmino FFS. Where the feck have they drawn the line from?? It's not even in the right place.
The green line is drawn from a different part of the arm than it should be drawn from.

What a shitshow today.
Jones, Trent and Kabak all booked for, at worst, a nudge.

Tielemans challenged for a bouncing ball and kicked Mane’s knee. Nothing.
Lad launches two footed into Robertson. Throw in.
Multiple pushes and nudges from them. Nothing.

I’m sure Manchester born Antony Taylor is totally impartial though.
If the Barnes free kick is a foul, then the Salah one in the first half is a penalty also.
The Salah foul that they took all of two seconds to look at you mean.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
What are the actually complaining about with VAR? The headlines I saw were that the penalty got changed to a free kick and that Alison had another mare.

The Hacker

So this corruption also includes making sure the other teams score? The FA are really powerful!

No Idea For Nickname

Never saw myself wanting city to win in mid feb

Cheers Pickford
Just watching city now

This is what we aren’t doing anymore

Quick passing, quick movement. It’s all just too ponderous
Are we wanting city to win now to keep spurs off our backs?
Protocols are changing weekly.
big time...and same again Wednesday against Cunthooks FC..
Yep

Need City now. If we were a point behind them they already be 2 up
How the feck can Maureen see that isn’t a pen from 75 yards away ?
I think its Gundogan kicking Hojberg!

But, after watching all the crap decisions and listening to pundits I actually think I know feck all about footy!

No Idea For Nickname

What has happened to Gundogan this season?
Summer trip to Pep's super doctor?
He's reminding everyone why Kloppo loved him at Dortmund. For about a 3 year period he was a great midfielder then injuries stalled his career.
Mourinho already going through his speech for interview about how it was all the penalty’s doing

Even though it was a pen
Lloris shot stopping up there with Mignolet
if you want to make keepers look bad shoot from 6 yards out
I still cant believe a team that needed rebuilding but only has the 6th biggest budget in the league turned to a way past prime Jose Mourinho to sort their problems. Truly bizarre and from a supposedly smart decision making club!
Desperation will take you away from your principles.

The number of players City get behind the ball, after being on the attack, is astounding.
Hope City stroll to the Title without an ounce of excitement for the media to get all worked up about.

Our struggle is now with the clubs around us for a Top 4 finish, and then go unnoticed and win The CL for the biggest upset in footy history considering our injuries!
Just to clarify. We’re rooting for City, aren’t we?
Do you what you want, I always want Mancs to lose.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s like a massive echo chamber on that forum. The feck is point? They’re shite and the wheels have fallen off but it’s a fecking conspiracy. Delusional twats.

Bearded One

You can have a good laugh now and I urge every United fan to cease the opportunity to have a good laugh now because I reckon that this lot will be back again. Klopp is too smart to let this slide continue.