RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Most polls show that UI support is around 25 to 30% so I think your a bit optimistic with your % of support and time line.

It's a very crude measurement to use religious background as a measure for support for UK or UI

A Protestant isn't necessarily a unionist and a Catholic isn't necessarily a nationalist/Republican.

I know a number of Catholics that wouldn't vote for an United Ireland & I know a protestant who would vote for whatever he feels would suit his pocket, he has no ideology preference.

When you look at the breakdown of the assembly neither nationalist or unionists have the majority however alliance which is 'neutral' generally get the majority of their support from unionists with a small u.

Demographics have changed a lot in the religious breakdown, this is due to higher death rates to protestants due to having more older people, higher birthrate of catholics and also the majority of foreign born people coming to northern ireland are from a Catholic background as well.

This is basically what SF are hanging their hat on, but as said previously it's not as simple as that.

I'm not saying their won't be an UI in the future but imo it'll be at the earliest around 20 years time but could take 50.
What has this got to do with RAWK?

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Most polls show that UI support is around 25 to 30% so I think your a bit optimistic with your % of support and time line.

It's a very crude measurement to use religious background as a measure for support for UK or UI

A Protestant isn't necessarily a unionist and a Catholic isn't necessarily a nationalist/Republican.

I know a number of Catholics that wouldn't vote for an United Ireland & I know a protestant who would vote for whatever he feels would suit his pocket, he has no ideology preference.

When you look at the breakdown of the assembly neither nationalist or unionists have the majority however alliance which is 'neutral' generally get the majority of their support from unionists with a small u.

Demographics have changed a lot in the religious breakdown, this is due to higher death rates to protestants due to having more older people, higher birthrate of catholics and also the majority of foreign born people coming to northern ireland are from a Catholic background as well.

This is basically what SF are hanging their hat on, but as said previously it's not as simple as that.

I'm not saying their won't be an UI in the future but imo it'll be at the earliest around 20 years time but could take 50.
I know that religion is a crude measurement but it's reasonably accurate.
Brexit may be the game changer. A considerable number of pro union voters voted against Brexit and N. I. as a whole also did.
Another factor to be considered is the massive decline in the influence of the Catholic Church in the ROI. The influence of the Catholic Church was a genuine fear for. Northern protestants in the past.

Crustanoid

Watch them get a load of easy draws and more COVID complications for the opponents leaving them getting byes, home advantage etc and flunking their way to the final

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
No RAWK quotes? Are they back? What about those pesky injuries then?

We beat them 5-0, don't forget
Well, this for you..
Their EL thread

People often criticise UEFA, but it's good that the clubs who aren't good enough to play in the Champions League get to experience European club football. I just think it's nice to see smaller clubs get to see what a famous European night would be like.
Robbie Savage making out as though Fernandes movement was really clever. He literally just gets out of the way because he's scared of getting clattered.
Literally everything the guy does is overanalysed and embellished.
Three players converging on him, Bruno shits it and gets out of the way. Ball bounces to him as the three players balls it up. Savage calls it “great, intelligent play”.
He bottled out of a challenge.
Jesus, Adnan JazziJizz, forgot about him apart from his documented taking out a girl when in scumchester to nandos for an 18 quid meal in his tracksuit. She would have been better off with a "greggs doorway" experience
Bale's found his level.
Jenas sounds like he is ready to propose to “Gareth”
Since his Europa League debut in February 2018, Bruno Fernandes has been involved in more goals in the competition than any other player (15 goals, 8 assists).
World’s tallest dwarf.
Sod this
Mancs winning, Spurs away and clear, Leicester game filmed on someones phone
I think it was part of Solskjaer's plan to actually have them in a competition which they actually have a chance of winning
This has been one of the biggest wankfest of commentaries I've ever heard. Ian Darke and Robbie Savage, fecking hell.
Wonder how long until he starts acting up to get a move to Spain or PSG
Surely that's offside?!
Not on Planet Man Utd mate, any things goes.
He was on. They just showed the lines.
At 1-0 to Utd. I too switched to watch Leicester. I like Brendan and he’s done a great job, but he’s got them whingeing and moaning and claiming everything like Fergie’s Utd. and Mourinho’s Chelsea.
He learnt the Chelsea way!
unfortunately it’s easier to name the PL teams who don’t beheve like this these days
And yet we never seemed to do it when he managed us, even though he had Suarez in the team
I'm looking at the teams that can stop United winning this and there aren't many I'd have any faith in.
Fortunately Ole is still the manager so they'll lose in the semis
Given the amount they've spent and their wages in comparison to other teams in this competition, they absolutely should be winning it.
Given the amount they've spent and their wage bill, they should never be in the Europa League at all.
Real Madrid haven't dropped into it since the 90s. As hopeless as they are in the knockouts now, Barca have reached the CL knockouts every year from 04/05. From 12/13 PSG and Man City have qualified for the CL knockouts every season. Bayern have reached the CL knockouts every year from 08/09.
For what they spend there's no excuse for United not to be in that group.

tomaldinho1

:lol: This bit really got me:
At 1-0 to Utd. I too switched to watch Leicester. I like Brendan and he’s done a great job, but he’s got them whingeing and moaning and claiming everything like Fergie’s Utd. and Mourinho’s Chelsea.
unfortunately it’s easier to name the PL teams who don’t beheve like this these days
And yet we never seemed to do it when he managed us, even though he had Suarez in the team

No Idea For Nickname

United thread on Rawk

They're genuinely arguing amongst themselves on Redcafe over whether Maguire is better than Vidic
There's a few posters that seem to seriously believe the only CBs they've had in the PL era better than him are Staam and Ferdinand. They reckon he's the most underrated player in the league.
feck me.
This is how low the bar has dropped for them. Gone from seeing genuinely world class players contribute hugely to the most successful period in their history to hailing a player who fouls and falls over constantly before throwing his arms in the air and calling for the refs assistance
The fact they rate Jupiter head so highly is just bizarre, but also a genuine reminder of just how far that lot have fallen.
They are right back to their pre-Ferguson days of desperately hyping up average players way beyond their actual capabilities.
They paid £80m for him, so, he must be good.
I think that´s why they are scrambling over themselves to claim it to be honest.
They know that having paid £80m for a defender of Maguires, um, calibre, makes them a running joke of a club. Especially when compared to the £75m we spent on Van Dijk who is genuinely world class and one of the best defenders seen in this league. If Maguire is considered anything less then that, let alone barley fit to lace Van Dijk´s boots, then they are absolute mugs. So he has to be one of the best Man Utd defenders of the Premier League era.
When you think about the stick we took after spending £35m on Andy Carroll (meanwhile Suarez simultaneously slipped through the door for £23m)- even adjusting for inflation Maguire has to be a worse buy.
Does Maguire put his hand up and appeal every time the opposition score a goal in the hopes that VAR will intervene and rule it out? Did it against Everton and now today again when there was clearly absolutely nothing wrong.
Someone will score a 40 yard rocket against them and the twat will probably still appeal for something.
Still not forgotten how the ran around after the referee because De Gea was shite at our place last season
I hope Spurs and United go deep into the Europa league so it affects them in the league. Spanish sides are poor this season, Italians never take Europa seriously, so its a good chance English teams will win it. I quite fancy Spurs to win this and Mourinho ends their trophy drought.
Ideally beating United in the final, if it is to happen. More games and more failure for United.
I'd love for Rangers to draw United if they both get through. That would make for a tasty couple of games

big rons sovereign

Slagging Bruno off for getting out of the way of the best part of 40 stone bearing down on him.
Like they'd stick their head in there and ride it out.
They must be inspired by seeing Salah riding challenges and taking hits every week....

brian017

Acclimatising to watching more of the EL for next season I see. Good on them it’s always nice to be prepared

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
:lol: This bit really got me:
Comments like these... going on like butter wouldn't melt. Are you sure no Liverpool players haven't ever moaned at a ref, not to mention tried to con them with a dive or two? Or was it definitely Fergie's United and Jose's Chelsea who practised these dark arts, while Liverpool and Stevie were fighting the good fight? Don't come the innocent with me you fecking Scouse bastards.

acnumber9

They didn’t make it up. I was debating this with some nutter in the Maguire thread.
I don’t think so, the only two I see as better are the big Dutchman and Rio. Pally was great but had some horrendous games and had a bad habit of air kicking crosses he was trying to knock into the stands.

stevie Bruce had zero speed and relied on Irwin, Parker and pally to get him out of trouble when he got caught flat footed.

manja,Torres loves manja for a reason as did many speedy players. Manja needed legs around him.

Chris smalling , you’re having a laugh, shouldn’t be on the list

Stam and Rio, class

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Can you feck off to another thread with your complete and total horseshit please ? You're in a McDonald's and you're trying to buy new shoes. This is for shitting on RAWKites for a height.

Steve Bruce

Can you feck off to another thread with your complete and total horseshit please ? You're in a McDonald's and you're trying to buy new shoes. This is for shitting on RAWKites for a height.
Fella, it wasn't me that brought it up. I also never continued the conversation about it even though I had a reply to it.

Also the conversation has been dead now for days, why are you bringing it up again? Just to act the big lad? Arsehole!

Last edited:

No Idea For Nickname

There are too many PL teams that just sit back now. Best league in the world my arse.
Which league is better?
this is the thing, it could actually be the best league (I have no idea, I don’t watch any Spanish or Italian league matches), but one thing I do know from my perspective as a fan, the PL isn’t the most entertaining. It’s also often a hard watch cos of all the cheating and diving which seems to get worse every year.
The cheating and diving happens in every league though.
I just find it weird how we all wanted the Premier League trophy more than any other last season and now when we're not doing as well, it's a shit league.
The PL has had five different winners in the last ten years, when you look at something like Serie A where Juventus have wont he last 9 titles it puts it into perspective.
I don’t think it’s a shit league, and I don’t think it’s crap now, although I am sure most leagues are suffering from Covid in the sense that the intensity is killing it a lot and teams are generally a bit burnt out. I don’t really watch that many non LFC prem games though these days, cos it’s not a league I enjoy as much, just happens that the team I’ve supported all my life plays in it. There isn’t anywhere near as much cheating and diving in all leagues by the way The Prem is a cess pit for it these days.
You're absolutely right. It was great watching the game last night where 2 teams just wanted to play football. Both teams wanted to win but the win at all costs whether that means throwing yourself down or playing on shit refereeing wasn't there.
Whether that's because of the better refereeing standard or not on Leipzig's side I'm not sure I don't watch enough German football, but I'm proud to say that our manager and lads are not a bunch of cheats like certain others.

No play acting at all...

I know he caught his ankle but we aren't angels. Salah and Mane have been at it all season.
And you're at it agaiin with this nonsense about them playacting
I'm not at anything did you see the cartwheels in that video? I thought of our conversation 5 minutes into the Leicester game when Mo got away with a booking for an obvious dive in the penalty area.
I love them both, obviously. Just think we would get more decisions if they weren't so keen to exaggerate every fall. And trying to paint this picture of the integrity of continental football being so much higher than domestic because nobody dives is laughable.
Not sure if you are on a windup or what, but I wish they would exaggerate more so as to get a few decisions.
The times I’ve been infurated at both of them for trying to battle on while having oppo players draped over them this season.... lost count a long time ago.
And I HATE cheating more than anything, but in this league, you don’t get anything for being honest, and I’m sick of other teams getting the decisions because they cheat. Yes, can’t beat ‘em join them isn’t a good look, but needs must in a badly officiated league.
Either I'm living in an alternate universe or you are. You very well said that the reasons officials don't give us decisions is because the pair of them dive, and it's cost us. Your words not mine. Now take into consideration that the officiating towards Salah has been absolutely crap since his first season here, take into account that defenders have had him in headlocks at every given moment, and say with a straight face that Salah and Mane are costing us decisions. Look at each season, Salah and Mane are rewarded less decisions than numerous persistent divers in the league! And you're telling me with a straight face, that the problem is the pair of them and not the officiating.
did you watch the video?
I think it has, of late. Like I said, I love them both but I think it's become a noticeable part of their games in recent months as we have been trying to force things to happen. I don't know what people are watching if they think Salah and Mane are angels compared to anyone else. Again on the weekend Salah blatantly dived looking for a penalty. All I'm saying is that referees remember that, they don't want to be conned. Get yourself a reputation as an honest player who doesn't go down and you'll get decisions. Mane doing 15 roly poly's (which isn't my opinion, it's there in the video to see) and then continuing to play on just makes the refs, IMO, less inclined to give decisions.
:lol: :lol: Refs do not give decisions to 'honest players'; that's an absolute nonsense you are spouting backed up by nothing. Refs give decisions to those players who obtrude onto their consciousness, and they withhold decisions from those players the media tell them to. It'd be great to think that honestly would be rewarded but that's just not the case
Clearly has never watched Fernandes,Kane and Martial.
Part of the issue is that Salah and Mane aren't actually very good at exaggerating contact. Salah throws his head back theatrically and Mane either does nothing or rollls around like he did on Tuesday. Kane, Rashford, Vardy, Sterling et al all do it in a much more believable, practiced fashion.

Anyone see Bernardo Silva throw a left leg out for a penalty last night? VAR didn't give it, rightly, - I think he should have been booked though.

No Idea For Nickname

Must be mint for Kabak to roll out of a team who got minced by this lot a few weeks back and into a European heavyweight who kept them at arm’s length. Still a second leg to go but nice to get a win (and a clean sheet!)

Boy that was so welcome after this latest run. What I found most pleasing - as well as the win and clean sheet of course - was how much the players seemed to be enjoying the game. Always a good sign. I know we played well against City and Leicester - mistakes excepted - but this really did seem different in that the players seemed to relish it and take pleasure from all the fine play. I think everyone played well but I was particularly made up with Curtis's performance - he looked like he did against Spurs in the 2-1 at Anfield - a class midfield act. And the new lad alongside Hendo looked very assured. Looks very promising. Thiago had his best overall game since returning from injury. Another good sign.
You're right, Timbo, they had their mojo back. European royalty, pal. We own the gaff. Take this in to the Derby and there's only one winner, corrupt manc ref or not...
Aye. Our lads have received zero protection or support from VAR or officials on the domestic front, whilst they've bent over backwards to accommodate or excuse opponents and rivals, so it's little wonder their heads have dropped on the home front. The moment we get an impartial official and we see the difference.
As we know Liverpool are European Royalty, and the problem is the joke that English football represents is quite clearly beneath us! You can't expect us to be arsed playing against a team of anti football cloggers is some shithole, with some fat incompetent prick of a referee trying to keep up with play. We are simply above all that, and who can blame us. Love the CL...well in lads, the last 8 beckon. The hard part now will be adjusting to play against Everton on Sat, and all the shite that will undoubtedly surround a typical EPL game these days!
Watching Barnes repeatedly throw himself into defenders at the week, after watching Maddison do it at Anfield, makes you wonder if referees actually watch football.
It took a social media campaign to highlight Sir Harry’s shithouse move, and suddenly he is not using it because the spotlight is on him.
Funny that.
I think this is part of the problem. The referees have no idea about football, they don’t appear to actually have any knowledge of things that happen on a football pitch. I wonder if they have ever played the game.
As a wise Scotsman once said
“The problem with referees is that the know the rules, but they don’t know the game...”
Since he said that, I suggest that even their knowledge of the rules has become suspect.
That might used to have been the case, but it's pretty clear they don't know the rules these days. When you see Michael Oliver saying he didn't know Pickford could be sent off. Or when you see him book Dias for a red card offence in the penalty book (should only be a yellow if a tackle is attempted, which a pull is not). That's England's best referee too.

Kloppo saying in his press conference the Puskas Stadium looks like Wanda Metrpolitano from the inside so that helped.
I thought the same. A nice reminder of our 2019 victory.

No Idea For Nickname

Seems Diallo is now the best young player in Europe according to manc twitter:houllier:.
Another Freddie Adu.

How old is he again?
According to wiki it says 18. But can anyone be sure of that?
Red Manc Twitter. I've seen Xavi described as the Catalonian Foden (really)
Must be all that inbreeding messing with those Mancunian brains.

Yep. Bruno is demanding they win the Europa. Should have won it last year according to Ole. They never fecking learn and it's absolutely glorious
They'll probably be saying the same thing next year as well.
Do Marcus, Harry, Paul & David demand it as well?
Yes, as does Scotty and Anthony...
Spurs to knock them out in the semis please. And Arsenal to win the final.
Everton 4th and we win the European cup? think that would demote the shite to the UEFA cup
The fume would wipe out North Wales

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
British tbf

if Everton dont beat them next week, they never fecking will
What? Explain your response. If you are offended by calling someone Irish from the north of Ireland and need to state them as being British then that is your prerogative, but please explain how that even relevant to the original post? The tab said Scottish ex and Rogers is not Scottish. You have just made yourself look silly.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Feck knows how any of them have the audacity to criticise Bruno, the man has 52 goals and assists in 58 games for Man United, Ballon D'or level stats and he isn't even an out and out forward.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Feck knows how any of them have the audacity to criticise Bruno, the man has 52 goals and assists in 58 games for Man United, Ballon D'or level stats and he isn't even an out and out forward.
Not sure anyone is arguing about his talent at all. Some of it is jealousy obviously. But the rest of the stuff is fair game.

Tallest dwarf!! :lol: :lol: In fact I'm sure I've seen him on Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom.