RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

Giggs' right foot

The champions losing their shit over one of our home games against Brighton. It really didn't take long for them to be small-timers again.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It is ironic that Liverpool fans are moaning about how the refs always favour United, when Liverpool have had more penalities in the PL era than United.

Mindhunter

It is ironic that Liverpool fans are moaning about how the refs always favour United, when Liverpool have had more penalities in the PL era than United.
There is a difference you see. They earned those pens while we bought ours through Fergie's influence.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I am bored... still our game, continuing from where @mu4c_20le left

Called it earlier..
Head ruled my heart..quids in, anyone else do the BTTS & Utd win?
How can you be not be happy when winning a bet?
As soon as the Mancs went down to 1-0, I stuck £50 on them to win.
Thanks Dean you bent c*nt

Brighton must have wanted to get home early, got on the team coach at half time. Only one team turned up that second half.
They stopped winning second balls throughout the second half, and deserved to be pegged back because they’d bossed the last 30 minutes of the first half.
But that cannot excuse two inexplicable decisions by the officials. Try and watch the way Maguire took out Dunk with 5 minutes to go - it’s even more blatant than the Welbeck incident.
Who’s arsed. 8 years without a title challenge now. The results we needed to go for us this weekend did. If you watched that rather than get kissed and gorge yourself on Easter Eggs then more fool you.
You got kissed by an easter egg?
Now that top 4 looks safe enough for these c*nts, they'd better take points off Spurs next week!
lol in the Highlights of the game, Sly didn't even show either of the penalties
All this does is make Ole look better than he is. It's only since Liverpool became a genuine title threat that all this luck started coming United's way. We'll beat what's in front of us, no question.
Corrupt fecks.
I dread going against them for the title again next time that happens. How are we supposed to compete with the decisions they'll get?
We won't be going against these for the title any time soon. Soon as fans are back in the grounds the mancs will be back to pre covid performance levels and so will we.
They've been shit most of the season anyway though.
They've been battered by Brighton twice and won both games by virtue of freakish missed chances for Brighton and an unfathomable accumulation of decisions in their favour. They won at their place with a penalty after the final whistle had gone.
Everton game
A Palace win today would be utopia. And they have the perfect man to make it happen.
Christian Benteke masterclass incoming.
I’m expecting a crap awful game at Goodison, and though I’m not generally a vindictive person, I’ll admit I’m only watching it with morbid curiosity in the vain hope someone puts Richarlison into the stand.
As long as there's no serious injury, I'm quite alright with Richarlison getting sent flying into the stands as well, the stupid ugly pigeon.
Richarlison is so average.
The state of that petulant twat.
Look at him with the ball over this FK. Have any of his teammates ever punched him?
Everton really are a bunch of twats aren't they? Richarlison can't even help being a dick to his teammates
Incredibly dislikable footballer.
James Rodriguez playing, thought he'd had his dick cut off.
I always found it odd how much some men care about what other men do with their penis.
It's just odd. Chances coming from nothing and forwards contriving to miss them. Still 0-0
Mad how often things just bounce Everton's way all season.
A rare half though where Everton outperform their XG.
That goal shouldn't have stood, Calver Lewin was offside from Sigurdsson's shot and made an attempt to play the ball.
Palace are pathetic really.
Not sure what you would expect out of a club that has had Pulis, Warnock, Pardew, Allardyce and Hodgson as managers since they've been promoted! English dinosaur bingo, that.
Like the look of Eze though.
Zaha is such an awful, overrated, selfish player.
This will be quality I wasn't expecting them to drop any points tonight.
Do enjoy watching Eze. Can see him at a bigger club in the next few years.
What an excellent round of results - except for the Mancs everything else went for us
What happened there after the whistle? Did Zaha get sent off?
What's happened to Dominic Calvert Jelavic?

No Idea For Nickname

What's Trent doing?
That’s bad luck to be honest. You could do that 100 times and not do that. Plenty of time folks ....
Is there no VAR in this match?
It was as blatant a push on Mane as you could see.
Clear foul on Mane just ignored before that goal too
Sheesh
Yes, there is VAR, but they don't seem to check when its us. This is like a Premier League game.
They got their tactics right it seems, ping the ball behind the fullbacks and use quick wingers. Completely bypassing the midfield at the moment and have forced a tactical sub even.
RM falling all over the place - ref buying it everytime
That was some call that.. nothing happened
It may sound obvious, but we aren't half missing Hendo here. He would be cracking some heads by now.
Will someone shut McManaman up please?
McManaman is such a fan of RM, then celebrates a City goal as well.

No Idea For Nickname

1 shot on goal
Think you have to ask serious questions about Sadio's form at this point. The broken link in the attack.

Better team won anyway.
Got a chance if we can find our Anfield form.
Their third was kind of unlucky. Shame about that.
Pathetic display - sideways passing all day long with the penetration of a eunuch.
Gini killed our build up so many times the last 15 mins.
No repeat of the Barca comeback likely.
Embarrassingly outclassed tonight. We barely got a kick in the first half or after the third goal. I never really expected us to win this competition with how poor we've been this season but I expected us to put up more of a fight than that.
We're almost out but not quite. The away goal could help us yet but I don't see where we find the kind of performance needed without the backing of the fans.
That was poor. We never played quick enough. Can definitely win 2-0, but can just as easily feck it up this season.
Our own worst enemy.
Terrible first half but the second goal was terrible from Trent and Ali, although unsighted should do better on the third. we looked much better in the second, but it was always difficult playing against a team set up like West Brom but which much better players.

Brophs

The One and Only
Just saw that Liverpool lost. What's Klopp screaming about in the ref's face this week?

clarkydaz

Is Ramos def out for next week? Would be great to see him stroll around Anfield with a large glass of brandy and cigar

No Idea For Nickname

3-1 is certainly not insurmountable, but we'll have to shape up in a big way to prevent Madrid from snatching an away goal whilst we chase the 2 goals we need. Not a single passable performance today; Keita will get a lot of flack but I don't think Gini and Fabinho were any better to be perfectly honest. Thiago was a minor improvement, but by and large, we were totally dominated by Kroos and Modric.
And just to add to the frustration, Felix Brych had a shocker too.
Score flattered us so there's that. That third goal was a disgrace, all stemmed from our own corner which we nearly conceded off but got away with then they still ended up scoring anyway. A total shambles
They were the much better team but the ref was awful
They looked intimidated in a stadium with no fans.
2-0 win next week.. We got this..
Haters gonna hate.. Twats will be twats..
But we got this.. Goodnight..
They weren't arsed.
They really weren't arsed. Lazy passing, not making runs, not attempting interceptions. I'm fuming.
Outclassed. Not much more to say. 1 shot on target as well.
We simply can't compete against the likes of Real/City/Bayern/PSG with that defense. Unfortunately, I think this is where our CL ride ends this season. I can't see us keeping them out in the second leg and can't see us scoring 3 or 4 either.
Played the game like a team brand new to European footy, especially at 3-1 when practically the whole team is going forward and leaving three on two.
Lucky to get away with the away goal and still be in the tie.
At least after the Barca first leg you felt we had something there - this seems much more difficult even though the score is closer
Absolutely deflating performance. Seriously worried now..

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Have a Liverpool fan saying the foul for Reals second goal is one of the worst refereeing decisions ever :lol:

No Idea For Nickname

Not totally out of it.....but the form of a few of our players is shocking. Better team won today.
Shocking. Real were there for the taking tonight, this is not a great Real side. So many you could point the finger at tonight, team selection was wrong and so many poor performances from those selected. Away goal is the only positive but we’ve left ourselves a massive task now.
Well that was shit... looked like we didn’t expect it and that’s been are down fall quite a lot this season. It started against villa away and that was with a full squad
Dr Felix Brych
Born 3 August 1975, Madrid, Spain.
To be honest it is amazing we are still in the tie, could've been 5 down at half time. They'll be furious we scored with our only shot on target as they really should've killed the game tonight.
Last time we’ll be in the Champions League for at least a season, and as things stand we’re going out with a whimper. Really embarrassing performance on the biggest stage. Scoreline flatters us.
Considering the first half, I’m alright with a 3-1 loss.
That could have been over by 70 minutes the way we were playing.
We just need to win 2-0 at home and we’re through, hardly the end of the world.
It's not over yet but it's going to be extremely difficult, especially without a crowd. Not great
Would have taken 3-1 at HT to be fair, shame they got the third otherwise 2-1 is not the worst result considering we stunk the place out first half.
With a rocking Anfield I would fancy us, however without it, our 4/5th choice CBs and this seasons form it seems unlikely.
hate to be negative but I reckon thats us out. The likelihood of us keeping a clean sheet for 90 minutes against as strong of a counter as they have seems incredibly unlikely. Could have lived with 2-1 or 3-2.
Never helps when the other side are a gang of cheating bastards. Wish we could get away with half of what some other teams pull.
Gina has been poor this season, it’s never good for a team when you got a player like that not looking to commit.
The amount of times our players stood waiting for the pass to come to them and a Madrid player nipped in and took the ball was unreal. Everything seemed so slow
Not out. Still hopeful. Remember Barca. Is it the same ref second leg ?
Real have absolutely nothing to learn from our team based this game, we have everything to learn for the next tie. That's why I think we'll go through.
Also, play their game at Anfield please. Cheat, dive etc.
None of our players could play a 10 yard pass, what do you expect? The disgrace was the performance.
Says the poster who said that Neville was correct about Trent. One bad half and it's time to cross sides eh?
Crazy eh.
I really enjoyed the HT shouts of how the side needed breaking up,would love to know who they want bombing out the squad
Careful cherryred67 will be along to call you a weirdo for calling out Mcmanaman the blue nose fecking weirdo.
Mcmanaman literally spent the first 4 minutes of the match talking about Real Madrids make shift centre back pairing,
It must have been a joy to watch for Man Utd fans.
TAA's "assist" for their second goal, no words.
They're already frothing at the mouth over it.

Vanrouge

Without fail, according to RAWKites and many other Liverpool fans, the refs are to blame when Liverpool lose and when United win. Without fail.

Eplel

The year is 2027...

TAA hands the opposition another "assist", marking the 150th goal Liverpool concedes from his mistake. Liverpool fans still adamant the England squad should start with TAA because of that 1 good season he had 9 years ago...

meamth

Ah...no better sight than seeing a side deemed "One of the best of generation" to crash and burn like this.

Turd never smelled better.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Really funny how they talk about how much better their team would've been with fans in the stadium.
Like RM with a full Bernabeu of what... 90k fans(?) wouldn't matter at all compared to them

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
The mental loops one would have to do to think McManaman wasn't firmly supporting the dippers tonight astound me.

At least we can all agree that him, Phil Thompson and Jim Beglin are all complete and total gowlbags.

big rons sovereign

RAWK fans know loads of them, big mates with them and without doubt all of their United supporting mates say we are cheating and shit.
Everybody knows we're shitty cheats who own the FA. Ever been on the BBC hys? There's a guy on there claims to have been a season ticket holder for 68 years :houllier: and that we're total shit, lucky to be where we are thanks to the crooked refs...

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I met a scouse United fan once. Was trippy as feck. He started supporting us through a family member who wasn't scouse.
I’m from a family of dyed in the wool scousers and was born in the same hospital as Gerrard.

Occasionally I’ll go scouse when talkin, especially noticeable to my uni friends who don’t see me as much.

Had someone on my counselling course from Southport and he sounded more scouse than me yet was also a United fan. We do exist.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I’m from a family of dyed in the wool scousers and was born in the same hospital as Gerrard.

Occasionally I’ll go scouse when talkin, especially noticeable to my uni friends who don’t see me as much.

Had someone on my counselling course from Southport and he sounded more scouse than me yet was also a United fan. We do exist.
I used to go to the game with a lad from Huyton. He would get the odd strange look whenever he spoke at OT.

RoyH1

I would have like to learn Social Science Methodology from this guy
Real have absolutely nothing to learn from our team based on this game, we have everything to learn for the next tie. That's why I think we'll go through.

No Idea For Nickname

Could easily have lost by more than 3-1.
However, not much mention in here of the foul on Mane before their 2nd. It's a foul all day and, by the letter of the law, should have been a sending off I think?
Different game then....
Remember when the draw was made and everyone was delighted. Good times.
Don't forget Madrid were doing cartwheels themselves at drawing us.
We gave them control of the midfield which we can't afford to do playing a high line with inexperienced CB's.
Modric and Kroos can still pull the strings if you let them. For our system to work, we have to win the midfield battle.
That was almost Villa-esque from us performance wise. Madrid should have killed the tie.
That performance from us last night would have landed us the heaviest defeat in Europe against an excellent team.
It's concerning how many times we're being battered in games. The Watford 3-0, the City 4-1, the City 4-0, the Villa 7-2 over the last year and last night which should have been worse than 3-1. Villa wasn't just a freak result.
If we're not quite on our game we can easily be picked apart. That's a structural issue. And we had VVD at the back for most of those, so it's not just the injuries. Prior to Watford it was years since we were turned over (not counting the Barca 3-0 which was a freak result).
The lads are not machines. There are days where nothing will go right for whatever reason and things just won't go the way you want them. The results you quote are very much the exception rather than the rule and look at City, Chelsea, Utd, etc and they've all had them over the same period - I would argue that even more than us given our past four seasons results.
Klopp has so many issues right now to solve for the rest of this season going into next. The centrebacks and who is brought in, a left hand side of the pitch that isnt productive at all, how the midfield now evolves and a front line that hasnt played well as a unit for ages, with two of them maybe busted.
Robertson and Mane were so important to our overall game. Both are absolutely shagged out.
Monumental effort, yes, but we can win this 2-0 at home.
From my side, I am surprised that no-one is making more of the fact that this was played on their training ground. You could clearly see that we struggled with the pitch and I would hazard to say the overall surroundings. I'm not making this an excuse, but I will say that even to me watching on the TV, it felt like watching the U23's at Kirby. Surreal. What was telling for me was that Benzema had issues with seeing the ball a couple of times and I have a feeling this was because the lights are a lot lower than in any stadium.
I can see the replies to this post now, but that just didn't look or indeed feel right. They will have played on that day-in-day out in the run up. For me, it was a total anti-climax with it not bing in the Bernabeau. Empty or not, playing a stadium is way different to that and no matter what you think, players are programmed to play in a certain environment.
Anyway, we lost and played shite, but many things contribute to it. That said, we're omore than capable of winning the home game 2-0 and go through. And yes, tall order, but doable. Nothing to lose so why not?
I would say we should return the favour and play the return at our training ground but it’s not exactly lucky for us...
Do we know why it wasn’t in an actual football ground?
They are playing the whole season there I believe, whilst their stadium is being renovated.
Makes sense. Also a good season for it to happen.
Still a set of Franco supporting pricks though.
We should play the 2nd leg at Goodison - it's so shit it's bound to throw the Madrid players off.
A champions league quarter final game of any kind, at Goodison park? Nah, can’t see that ever happening
Budapest is the best place to get a 2-0 win.
My logic is, if we can score one in Madrid, easily we could score two or three at Anfield.
Have you watched us this season?