RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2009/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

::sonny::

horrible horrible little cu*t I hope he fecking rots!
Juan Loco RAWK Scribe Legend said:
Is it a surprise? He probably sympathises with the other little Judas twat. One joins the Mancs, the other joins the Sunday Scum.
I would love it if Rafa turned little Michael down again. Another slap in the face for the little twat. Well in Rafa.
CHOPPER said:
Stab it with a knife and burn it.
Andy @ Allerton said:
Zo fundamenteel zijn wij niet zeer gelukkig op het ogenblik met Owen - hoofdzakelijk voelt ***?
The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society said:
Doesn't really count when they had their goals supplemented by the greasy portuguese, he's gone so it's even more important they have a goalscorer in their squad.
1892-WELLZ said:
theres just something about the smirk on his face in the interview....

well mike, you got you move now eat your words when we win 19 this season...

karma is a bitch sometimes...i hope you realise what a mistake you have made....

your not even fit to lace nando's boots now....

utter prick.

:lol::lol:

PTME

Reserve Team Player
Rush, Dalglish and Souness all came out these days and said that it was a good business move for United to sign Michael Owen. I guess they're all minions of Sir Alex too...

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Don't blame the Scousers for being pissed off, this would be a bit like Beckham going to Liverpool. Quite hard to take.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just a quick question on meltdown issues, how long was Redcafe 'melted' for?

As for Owen, I can't believe it. I simply can't. Why? From Ronaldo and Tevez to him??

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Are they not happy then? :D

Our work is done...

twitter thread suggester
I know every year is their year, but I have never seen them as confident of winning number 19 as they are now. They reckon something will have to go terribly wrong for them not to win it - there's just no other outcome apparently.

I can't wait for the season to begin now.

Rowem

gently, down the stream

As for Owen, I can't believe it. I simply can't. Why? From Ronaldo and Tevez to him??
What the feck has Ronaldo got to do with Owen?

As for Tevez, he scored less goals in more league games last year. Very good player but not happy being third choice. That's fine. Benzema was the only option worth splashing the cash for - the majority of other options would block Welbeck's development and wouldn't be a significant improvement. I'm happy taking Owen for free than spending over £20m on the likes of Rossi or Forlan. I'd be happy if we signed Douglas Costa though, looks quality that kid.

Oh, sorry, discussing it in depth is pointless. Instead, lets stick to just saying "oh my God from Ronaldo to Owen!" over and over again. I've had a little look over at RAWK and they are all obsessed with comparing Owen to Torres. That'd be like us comparing Rooney to N'Gog. Nutjobs.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Bitter, bitter people.

I can understand them being upset, but some of the scorn that's being spewed on RAWK is pathetically unsavoury.

His offers were coming in from the likes of Hull and Stoke - what would they expect him to do when United comes calling? It's not as if he was a boyhood Liverpool fan.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Firstly, I don't post on or read RAWK. I only heard about them from this site (strangely). Above half Liverpool fans are angry at Owen for choosing you lot. I for one haven't got the smile off my face since Thursday - bl**dy Redcafe's been shut since then!

Its no risk getting Owen, but its hardly one step forward after going 5 steps back. "Owen is a one trick pony, no left foot, can't head, can't play team touch football and is weak". These were the comments from you lot when he WON the Ballon D'or at 22 (or whatever young age).

The Flying Potato

Firstly, I don't post on or read RAWK. I only heard about them from this site (strangely). Above half Liverpool fans are angry at Owen for choosing you lot. I for one haven't got the smile off my face since Thursday - bl**dy Redcafe's been shut since then!

Its no risk getting Owen, but its hardly one step forward after going 5 steps back. "Owen is a one trick pony, no left foot, can't head, can't play team touch football and is weak". These were the comments from you lot when he WON the Ballon D'or at 22 (or whatever young age).
i think you need to look at the role he will be playing which is simply a back up to the first team. If he were to be in the first 11 from now on I would see your point but he is going to be a nice little option to have on the bench.

Rowem

gently, down the stream

Losing Tevez is not five steps back :houllier:

Zen86

He's a decent (and cheap) option on the bench who's always had a knack for scoring goals. He's not being charged with any creative responsibility like he was at Newcastle, and he's not on the pitch for 90 minutes a time. To win titles you needs little bits and bobs like him.

And anyway, who's the signing that's going to take you to glory this season, Glen Johnson? Dont make me laugh.

twitter thread suggester

Owen for Tevez isn't that big a deal. Tevez is obviously the better player now, but Owen will be willing to sit on the bench for the majority of the time and still be able to have an impact when coming on.

Tevez wasn't a world class player, and is not going to be as big a loss as most of you Scousers seem to think. His work rate was great, and he gave us some great moments and important goals, but we were quite a few who had begun questioning his ability before it become apparent that he might not stay with us. (shut up Storey)

Ronaldo is obviously a big loss, but the affect of losing him remains to be seen, and is impossible to predict. We've bought Valencia who is a different player to Ronaldo, and that might change our team from being reliant on a single player to everyone chipping it.
That could of course just be wishful thinking on our part, but it's not all doom and gloom.

That being said, I'm perfectly happy with you guys taking the favourite role upon yourself, that'll just make it that much sweeter if you yet again fail to win the league.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

lets just say I trust Sir Alex's judgment. my only concern with Owen was his fitness...but both Sir Alex and Owen seem confident that he is fit to play for United....thats all that matters. :)

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
He's a decent (and cheap) option on the bench who's always had a knack for scoring goals. He's not being charged with any creative responsibility like he was at Newcastle, and he's not on the pitch for 90 minutes a time. To win titles you needs little bits and bobs like him.

And anyway, who's the signing that's going to take you to glory this season, Glen Johnson? Dont make me laugh.
I've always maintained Owen has a nice knack of scoring vital goals. But he's never fit enough to do that, so its a moot point. Even coming off the bench for 30 minutes at a time is too much for him. Should Rooney get injured (again) Owen will be need for longer periods - something he can't cope with. Obviously you will buy a bigger name with the money you have but most of those big names are now not available or willing to join you.

Glen Johnson is replacing Arbeloa. Valencia is supposedly replacing Ronaldo. Who's laughing?

Alex

I've always maintained Owen has a nice knack of scoring vital goals. But he's never fit enough to do that, so its a moot point. Even coming off the bench for 30 minutes at a time is too much for him. Should Rooney get injured (again) Owen will be need for longer periods - something he can't cope with. Obviously you will buy a bigger name with the money you have but most of those big names are now not available or willing to join you.

Glen Johnson is replacing Arbeloa. Valencia is supposedly replacing Ronaldo. Who's laughing?
When did Glen Johnson become a world beater?

Zen86

Probably us with net £60mil in the bank, and still finishing above you next season.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
This isn't an argument about who's winning the league. Its about a brochure. ;-) As it stands, if Ancelloti doesn't totally screw up, I can't see anyone stopping Chelsea winning the league.

We still need a good backup for Torres (+ having Masch/Alonso issues) and Arsenal are still fooked.

I'd agree with you on that, back when he was 22, I'd have certainly said he wasn't good in the air and his left foot wasn't good enough. But one thing I'll always give Owen his due on is that he had these weaknesses, but he's worked on them.

He's considerably better in the air than he ever was, and his left much is much better than when he burst onto the soon.

Where as with so many other players, they have a weakness, and they don't seem to improve on it at all

Spoony

The People's President
I wonder how they'll feel when Saint Michael turns out for United against LFC. I mean, the man's a Liverpool legend. I'm still finding the whole thing surreal.

Alex

No one is saying Johnson is a world beater. So who kept bringing this point up? Wasn't me. :confused:
You make it sound like United lost Ronaldo and signed an inferior player(which is true), where as Liverpool have signed Beckenbauer and have let Titus Bramble go

Livvie

Scout
We all hated Owen when he played for Liverpool. That's the way it's always been, daft as it is.

If Ronaldo had gone to Liverpool he wouldn't be called a greasy Portuguese.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
You make it sound like United lost Ronaldo and signed an inferior player(which is true), where as Liverpool have signed Beckenbauer and have let Titus Bramble go
No, only you're saying that.

Alex

We all hated Owen when he played for Liverpool. That's the way it's always been, daft as it is.

Livvie did you know that Ronaldo is a life long Liverpool fan, so it could happen. :lol:

Spoony

The People's President

Yep, and I'm not sure I feel much different now. Yet ambivalently - I can't wait to see him play for us.

Why do I feel this way?! why?!

Zen86

I just find the whole consensus that if we don't sign a £45mil+ rated player were shit quite funny. Us buying a decent player like Valencia is judged as Fergie going senile (yet again) whereas Johnson is the final piece of the jigsaw.

Livvie

Scout
Yep, and I'm not sure I feel much different now. Yet ambivalently - I can't wait to see him play for us.

Why do I feel this way?! why?!
Because there will be a perverse pleasure in watching him score his 19th goal of the season, which will give us our 19th title, and he will be wearing the 19 shirt as Fergie will decide it's symbolic and will wrench it away from Welbeck.

AlwaysRedwood

Ridiculous. He's not replacing either one. He'll be a late game substitute, much like he was at Madrid, where he excelled. Fewer minutes played means fewer injuries.

Even at Newcastle, when healthy, he scored 26 goals in 58 appearances. If that's not worth a "gamble" of a pay for play, I don't know what is.

Seems like a brilliant move to me, even if he only plays 15 games, you know, because of the Pay to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.