RAWK goes into Meltdown 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan M

RAWK Goes Into Meltdown was my idea originally, I should be threadstarter.

;)

fergieisold

Well first thing I came across was unbelievable. One guy worried about Roy being successful and showing Rafa up:

"I'm just worried that if Hodgson has any success with the current squad, a squad Rafa put together... then they'll use that to validate how shit they(media) always knew Rafa was."

amazing.

fergieisold

Gonna love the reaction to Torres' agents comments in the papers today... (waiting in anticipation)
Strangely enough they don't seem to bothered (from what I've seen). Some say they might get another year out of him, unless Gerrard goes too.

Most aggressive reaction I've seen is that "Torres said he wouldn't play for another English club, so if he does he's a cnut"

I think they've accepted they are shit for once and might not hang on to any world class players.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
This season won't surpass last seasons antics. New owners on the way and a manager who is actually likeable as well as competent.

And unlike last year (where this absolutely finally was going to be their year), the expectations on RAWK are so low that there won't be so many meltdowns.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
The lads on RAWK are like a charity, always giving, even in the off-season when they are under no contractual obligation to amuse they still turn their computers on, scraping the accumulated stains of their Y-fronts on their seats, endlessly chanting calm down la calm down before posting unadultered hate-filled drivel on the internet.

They deserve to time off. Time off and a lobotomy for all.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Why start a new thread ? Why not keep using the classic one ?
I think the size of these threads gets a little embarrassing anyway. So if we're going to have them then they need to be broken up.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Sambachan your name makes me want to dance. I'm literally dancing thinking of your name.

buckooo1978

They've gone absolutely mental in the "Liverpool announce that Roy Hodgson has been appointed" thread regarding Hodgson saying he's good mates with Fergie..LOL

just read from here onwards in the thread for a great laugh :D

Liverpool announce that Roy Hodgson has been appointed (*)
according to one of their better posters the Daily Mirror will not be happy until Liverpool football club goes out of business!

Logan!

RAWK said:
What worries me though is this blatently shit stirring by the mirror again. They will not be happy until we go out of business.
What I don't get is how they can't see that The Mirror is perhaps the most pro-scouse paper in the world. Perhaps even on par with The Echo. Half of The Mirror's reporters are admitted Liverpool fans, but they still think it's biased against them. What a bunch of paranoid Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. :confused:

Northstand

What I don't get is how they can't see that The Mirror is perhaps the most pro-scouse paper in the world. Perhaps even on par with The Echo. Half of The Mirror's reporters are admitted Liverpool fans, but they still think it's biased against them. What a bunch of paranoid Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. :confused:
Spot on. Brian Reade wrote a book about his years following Liverpool, didn't he? Then we have that moronic bookie Derek McGovern and a regular column from Mark Lawrenson.

SecondFig

Ahh RAWK, where "optimism" and "delusional" is so oft' confused:

RAWK'ite_1 said:
I'll feel optimistic after we have new owners and Rafa is back home.
RAWK'ite_2 said:
As things stand we have:

The league's best keeper, and stated he is committed to Liverpool
The league's best footballing centre half, and stated he is committed to Liverpool
The league's best defender, and will only ever play for Liverpool
The league's most complete midfielder, looking like he will stay at Liverpool
The leagues most lethal striker, looking like he will stay at Liverpool
Two World Cup winners, and two runners up at Liverpool

pillory

Yesterday I saw a guy who looked exactly like Steven Gerrard and was wearing a Liverpool top With GERRARD 8 on the back. At the Norwegian Chess Championship, of all places. He's in with a shout of winning his class, though it's only the 5th tier. Beats not winning the Premier League, I guess.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
The league's best keeper, and stated he is committed to Liverpool
The league's best footballing centre half, and stated he is committed to Liverpool
The league's best defender, and will only ever play for Liverpool
The league's most complete midfielder, looking like he will stay at Liverpool
The leagues most lethal striker, looking like he will stay at Liverpool
When did Van Der Sar, Ferdinand, Vidic, Essien and Drogba join Liverpool?

Seveneric

Well first thing I came across was unbelievable. One guy worried about Roy being successful and showing Rafa up:

"I'm just worried that if Hodgson has any success with the current squad, a squad Rafa put together... then they'll use that to validate how shit they(media) always knew Rafa was."

amazing.
Comments like this makes me wonder if the site is indeed run by United fans, I mean come on:houllier:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Its not going to be the same without Rafa. I think we'll miss him more than RAWK will :(

thoward

It's not a lisp!
How will the Media react to Liverpool now?

Rubbish. For instance. I've seen plenty of times when we didn't have a good game, struggled and nicked a late goal in a game, to win it 1-0 and got roundly slated by all and sundry.
The Mancs (For comparison) would play like a bag of shite, get a last minute winner and then would be fawned over by the media.

I mean, where is your confusion over this? It's not like it's a new thing or just started happening last week. Been going for years. The press have their favourite sides they suck up to and report well on and they have their least favourite sides who they dislike. Whenever Liverpool have won anything in my lifetime, generally speaking (There have been exceptions, I'll grant you) any praise is grudging and usually contains a few barbs.
Andy@allerton offering his great wisdom as usual.

Rubbish. Arsenal are far more often ripped to shreds by the media than Manchester United. Manchester United get a very easy ride - because they get banned if they dare to print a contrary word about Ferguson. Be interesting to see if these gutless wonders will start printing crap about you lot once he's shuffled off.

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
Seveneric;8296531 quoting Scouse tit said:
In the same way that the Facht Man has been given five years of credit for winning the Champions League with Houlier's team.

Eric I'm sure your inference was clear but there might have been some who missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.