RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2011/2012)

Plan M

What is with Liverpool and their managers? Why do they feel the need to elevate them to the status of God or a supreme being?

It's so weird. I really don't think it helps their team at all. The constant obsession with history etc.

At the end of the day its just a guy managing a team that plays a game where 22 men kick a ball.
Spot-on, couldn't have put it better myself.

Sally Cinnamon

RAWK Statement on Brendan Rodgers, new Liverpool manager

Brendan Rodgers is the new manager of Liverpool.

We at RAWK have always firmly believed that one of the strengths of being a Liverpool supporter is that we support the manager. We welcome him to our club and sincerely hope he understands the culture and history and requirements of one being manager at Liverpool Football Club, one of the major jobs in the world of football.

There may be some fans on here who did not wish for his appointment, perhaps preferring any number of other candidates. Let us make one thing clear: We support our manager. Full stop. If any of you are unable to do that, you will find yourselves looking for another fansite to post on. Liverpool supporters are meant to do things the right way and make no mistake, we will remove persistent whingers, moaners, nostalgists and petty posters from this site without a second thought.

Welcome Brendan, you've a bloody big pair of boots to fill. Good luck and welcome and all the best from us at RAWK :wave
Absolute gimps. That thread is just embarrassing. 'RAWK statement' - feck off.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Some RAWK philosopher

1.Have FSG taken LSD and gone loopy or have they actually done something interesting and potentially forward thinking by looking backwards to a man who's his own man?

It depends on what our goal is - to become Champions again, or to qualify for CL. Rodgers has a good footballing philosophy, and he'll have us playing good possession football, I'm fairly certain of that. However good he is though, he's now sailed into stormier seas, and he's only had the PL experience at the relative calm of Swansea (no offense to them). Somebody mentioned that with Rodgers, we'd be creating our very own Klopp, or Pep, etc, rather than pinching them from elsewhere. That's a very optimistic view IMO, because the opposite can also happen. He can fail. And here, we have to differentiate what failure means to us and what it means to FSG, and I'm not entirely sure it is the same thing. Does Rodgers have what it takes to take us above the cash of Man Utd, Man C and Chelsea and the network of Arsenal?

In Rafa, we had the man who very nearly did it in 2008/2009, despite the problems at our club, despite Gerrard and Torres only starting together a mere 18 games. He was beaten to the tape in the end by a team which had the luxury of Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney, and each have gone on to become the best players at their respective clubs (Tevez's reconciliation with Man C gave them the push they needed to win the league). Given little cash, he gave us the best midfield in the world, and the best strikeforce in the league (we outscored the eventual champions). He gave us arguably the best goalkeeper, and great defenders in Agger and Skrtel. And he gave us Lucas too and was booed for it. What he couldn't deliver was the clout that Man Utd enjoyed locally, the kind of clout that forces certain referees like Howard Webb into mistakes like awarding wrong penalty decisions or to wrongfully chalk off a valid goal, or to send off an opposition player over the course of a season, the kind of clout that condemns a good man on the mere word of another . That was the only reason why we were #1 in Europe and #2 in England then. Rafa was close to building a great team, but it all fell apart when the rules and the environment changed at the club, yet people chose to myopically blame Rafa for selling Alonso, and various other similarly myopic reasons.

That is all irrelevant now I suppose, but the point I'm making is that Rafa is the obvious choice to make us Champions again, not just annual CL qualifiers. I don't know if Rodgers has that kind of special ability that Rafa has proven, but I think it is obvious that something is indeed rotten within our club if FSG cannot even make the effort to interview Rafa.

So they've gone with Rodgers, and the question is how much are they willing to throw at the problem? And the major question for me is still: which problem - CL qualification or Champions? My gut feelings (it is just my opinion after all) is that they'd be more than happy with the money from CL qualification, if Rodgers can do for us what Wenger does at Arsenal year in year out without actually winning anything. Will we be happy with that?

It also depends on our new structure. With a good DOF to recruit/nurture talent, and Rodgers to make the team more than the sum of its parts, we should improve our chances for CL qualification. Good manager + Good DOF = better odds. That's how it should work in theory. In practice, egos become a major factor, and if Van Gaal is the DOF, then I believe FSG has taken LSD, which isn't necessarily a bad thing in our circumstances. If there's no DOF, then FSG actually believes that Rodgers is better as a manager for us than Rafa. That's loopy.
Well in, you scouse cnut. We only win because ref's support us :devil:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
That was the only reason why we were #1 in Europe and #2 in England
Ah yes the #1 team in Europe that year. A team that y'know reached the heady heights of a UCL quarter final and was soundly beaten by the #3 team in England.

A testiment to how far Liverpool have fallen that they eulogize about a team that finished 2nd once.

Siorac

What he couldn't deliver was [...] the kind of clout that forces certain referees like Howard Webb into mistakes like awarding wrong penalty decisions or to wrongfully chalk off a valid goal, or to send off an opposition player over the course of a season
2008/09:

7 - Liverpool had more opponents sent off than any other side in the top division.

The irony is almost too delicious.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Never really works (going back to an old lover) does it? I think we should all move on. I adore Rafael Benitez but he's consigned to history. Hope this thread is a one off as the last thing Brendan needs is a shadow lurking.
its not exactly a good comparison tho, he is more like the lover that was taken away against either parties wishes
This thread breaks my heart.......
He's not coming back mate I'm as disappointed as anyone.

The media have won. The feckwits and thick feckers that know bollocks about footy have been hoodwinked by the same media that got him hounded out. Just look at his stats and records. It's criminal that the inbred mentally challenged wankers in the British public that pass themselves off as Football Fans think that he's "Shite".

fecking knobheads all. Not that it's much of a surprise like.
i hope he goes to spain or italy and decimates the league there.
Didn't he got to Inter Milan and get sacked after a season?
Try 6 months

if only Rafa had this much support when he was in charge.
Awww :(

mungy

I am a terrible poster, please ignore me
What world do there feckers live in? Eulogizing over the manager that saw them sneak into 8th position in the premiership on goal difference. 37 points behind us and just 16 points from relegation.

Man City 38 89
Man Utd 38 89
Arsenal 38 70
Tottenham 38 69
Newcastle 38 65
Chelsea 38 64
Everton 38 56
Liverpool 38 52
Fulham 38 52
West Brom 38 47
Swansea 38 47
Norwich 38 47
Sunderland 38 45
Stoke 38 45
Wigan 38 43
Aston Villa 38 38
QPR 38 37
Bolton 38 36
Blackburn 38 31
Wolves 38 25

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
What world do there feckers live in? Eulogizing over the manager that saw them sneak into 8th position in the premiership on goal difference. 37 points behind us and just 16 points from relegation.

Man City 38 89
Man Utd 38 89
Arsenal 38 70
Tottenham 38 69
Newcastle 38 65
Chelsea 38 64
Everton 38 56
Liverpool 38 52
Fulham 38 52
West Brom 38 47
Swansea 38 47
Norwich 38 47
Sunderland 38 45
Stoke 38 45
Wigan 38 43
Aston Villa 38 38
QPR 38 37
Bolton 38 36
Blackburn 38 31
Wolves 38 25
Thanks, I couldn't find that anywhere else.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Are they a little bit bi polar as well? Have two mates that said last week (and I quote) "anyone managing a team lower than our finished position should not be considered and is quite frankly a disgrace. It's Pep or Rafa only."

This week "fantastic piece of business. Perfect appointment to take the club forward. Rogers is a great signing and definitely screams glory going forward."

:lol:

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Their England thread was absolutely hilarious today. Enjoyed it immensely. Here are some highlights.

Wellbeck spawns a goal in.
quality finish. can tell it was unexpected cos hodgson seemed to be checking if he'd shat himself
great finish that for prince of bel air
Stevie G started that good move by nicking the ball wonderfully.
Mine is like 2 minutes behind, fecking well annoying
2-0 Lescott
:lol:

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand on Twitter: "Back in numbers + counter attack is the 'new' England..I'm seeing quarter finals at least here. Hard to beat with that set up. Pace on break."
Sounds like a drug test is long overdue.
:lol::lol:

:lmao look at the state of beckham the stupid fecking c*nt.
It's Lord Flashheart.
I think this is what he's aiming for.

i thought you lot said Belgium had been playing well. You fecking bunch of liars.
Well compared to England.

It's like comparing two mushrooms in their Fighter Pilot expertise.
I'd be pissed even if this bilge was free. Hodgson has sets up his team so rigidly, making the game so flat that I want to start cheese-grating my backside.
I can clearly hear Roy shouting to wetweet. Anyone on twitter tell me what he's on about?
:lol::lol:

The Diver(TM) strolls off.
Theo and Sisqo coming on.
LET ME SEE THAT THONG
Dafoe is a bad motherfecka!
A@A
England could very, very easily be looking at a couple of Red Cards already in this game.
Where? In your imagination?

Got chatting to a cute girl from Liverpool online yesterday. She seemed dead nice, and she even suggested me coming to visit for a weekend. All well and good until I asked if I could wear my Man Utd shirt. Haven't heard from her since.