RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2011/2012)

I'm always right

Got chatting to a cute girl from Liverpool online yesterday. She seemed dead nice, and she even suggested me coming to visit for a weekend. All well and good until I asked if I could wear my Man Utd shirt. Haven't heard from her since.
I'd expect you'd get the get the same response if she came from Miami, Stockholm, Paris or Sydney.

Plan M

(Gerrard against Belgium) Ran around the most, won the ball back for the goal, only one who looked bothered
Every World Cup - all the Liverpool players always got slated by the Manchester and London press.
:lol:

...and they wonder why some call them 'victims'.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He's the only one that looked bothered, by doing what? Playing crap and giving the ball away constantly? What about Young and Welbeck who combined to score the only goal of the game, also the only good move the team put together in 90 minutes.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
He's the only one that looked bothered, by doing what? Playing crap and giving the ball away constantly? What about Young and Welbeck who combined to score the only goal of the game, also the only good move the team put together in 90 minutes.
He won the ball back apparently.

I love this.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...e-back-to-liverpool-for-dalglish-7815101.html

I know there are three types of supporters at every club.
Bitter, deluded, realistic. Then RAWK?

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Yeah fecking retards. What were they thinking stockpiling wide players like that ? It just doesn't bring success does it ? I mean seriously, how far off from winning the league were they last season ? A couple of injury time goals ?

The reason or perhaps one of the biggest reasons they win is because they have always played tactics where the wide player is an important creative source and Man Utd have often stockpiled the best. It has worked for them for the last 20 years. We have such a large blind spot towards them. We constantly under rate their players and wonder how that bunch of charlatans won the league. I'll tell you how, they won because they are fecking good.
Great response post to someone criticising us for signing Kagawa. Rare to hear such intelligence from a Liverpool fan.

LARulz

Yeah that surprised me. They're even taking the piss out of themselves in terms of saying now he's shit etc. Boring

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:lol:

Go back to the start when they were bickering about Liverpool moving from Dortmund to Liverpool being 'a step down'. Rofl :lol:

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Despite their dealing with him signing, this one was pretty funny from the earlier pages of the thread:

Coming to Liverpool from ANYWHERE other than Barca or Real Madrid is never a step down.

Simple as that really. Doesn't matter what he's currently winning, Dortmund is a far smaller club than Liverpool.

Pretty dim of you to suggest otherwise.

Hellboy

They live in an other world. :lol:

Every top player in the world would rather go to City, Chelsea, United, and even Arsenal and Spurs over them nowadays. :lol:

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
If I was a player who didn't speak English or German and I was offered the same amount by Dortmund and Liverpool, I think I would go to Dortmund. At the moment they are a bigger club with a brighter future.
They might have a brighter future, but Liverpool are a fae bigger club.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
They might have a brighter future, but Liverpool are a fae bigger club.
I suppose so; Dortmund have a bigger stadium, a better squad, a better manager and champions league football. However Liverpool do have a larger worldwide fan-base and a richer history. I'd still say Dortmund are a more attractive proposition for a player at the moment.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I suppose so; Dortmund have a bigger stadium, a better squad, a better manager and champions league football. However Liverpool do have a larger worldwide fan-base and a richer history. I'd still say Dortmund are a more attractive proposition for a player at the moment.
It's not even close, to be frank.

Amir

If Dortmund were playing in England, they may have had more pulling power than Liverpool at the moment. But as it is, not.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Play for a team who finished 8th in the PL, or for the German champions who are in the CL? The PL is not that far superior to the Bundesliga.
It puts things a lot closer than you are implying. Liverpool have more money to spend, and they do have a bigger "name" (although this is far less than it once was).

Personally I'd stay at Dortmund. But personally I'd rather have a lobotomy then play for Liverpool of course.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
It puts things a lot closer than you are implying. Liverpool have more money to spend, and they do have a bigger "name" (although this is far less than it once was).

Personally I'd stay at Dortmund. But personally I'd rather have a lobotomy then play for Liverpool of course.
I know it is hard for us to be unbiased when talking about Liverpool's stature. But I honestly can't make myself say that Liverpool are now a 'bigger club'.

It's not the fan base it's not the history. It's the current situation of floundering for 3 or 4 years and not really looking like having a stonewall way back into the top four.

I'd argue Dortmund while not a 'bigger' club in general is probably a bigger and better prospect to join being that they are back to back champions and can offer CL football.

I don't know if there is a formula to work out how many years in mid table mediocrity before you're not considered a big club anymore. For all the history and verve of playing for Liverpool there is not much more they can offer than Dortmund right now.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
They're completely different players.

If you stuck Cabaye 5 yards from the two central defenders and told him to chase the ball all day he'd probably run out of gas through the half.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Well, it was only funny to me because Lucas has been out for a good amount this season, and Cabaye has been effective for Newcastle and they have done well. Sorry, thought this could be a potential 'Let's laugh at Liverpool' thing, but this one has fizzed out.

dev1l

Danny Carter @FormidableRed 4h
Rio Ferdinand played 18 more league games then Martin Kelly, but only won 4 more tackles. #LFC #MUFC