RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2011/2012)

Plan M

A new season approaches so a new thread is needed for laughing our heads off at the deluded sods over at RAWK.

This season's edition will guarantee the usual conspiracy theories, delusion and bitterness.

:devil:

MUFCgal

You cant allow any team to win a trophy....but you can give them the best chance possible. United get these chances every year, more than any other club.
Wow, just wow.

Wasn't it proven recently that out of the top sides in the PL, we get the least amount of penalties? Or how about Chelsea getting an easier start to a season than most others? (Something that's happened again this new season).

stubie

This will be their year

With Henderson signing along with Ngog staying means they mean business this season.

Plan M

Aguero - Not to Real.

Surely Aguero deserves to be at a club that is playing Champions League football? I've read in here that Juventus are a "huge club" and should be mentioned in the same name as the Milans, Real Madrids and Bayerns but what have they won of any significance in the last few years? They can't even fill their own stadium anymore so have had to "downgrade". He's not getting any younger and will want to be playing football for a club that will realistically be challenging for league titles and European Cups i.e. a Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid or Barcelona. I'd even stick my neck out to say that a move to Man City would even benefit him now that they'll be playing Champions League football.
:lol:

dicko

Why Torres, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world...

This season for Chelsea he has been shocking, but then again so has the whole team. I'm sure his fortunes will change when they make a few additions to the squad and get a new manager in, especially if it's Hiddink. He'll have a better season next season and of that I have no doubt, but he'll never hit the heights he did with us.

He's not stupid and he's fully aware of our rise as anyone who keeps an eye on us can see, even if they don't want to admit it. I've had so many people at work coming up to me who support Arsenal, Chelsea, the Mancs, QPR, Charlton, West Ham etc all saying to me "you guys are gonna be lethal next season". Torres has left that and it's a bit uncertain with his current club for next season at the moment. They'll get additions no doubt, but will they be the ones they need to help make the team tick? Even if he does get what he wants in the form of a winner's medal, it'll be an empty feeling when he sees his ex-teammates with one too. He said it himself, winning one trophy with us would mean far more than winning four at another club.

The only reason anyone would tell a Liverpool fan his side will be lethal next season is to humour him. I would be shocked if they finish above us or Chelsea. I also expect City and Arsenal will be above them. The might go up a place or two from sixth place but no way will they be lethal.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
spastic rawkite said:
But Feyenoord? An ugly brutish and bitter club who view everything Amsterdam based as something to hate.
Oh the irony...

Lance Uppercut

Posted by Red Genius Tagline: Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10
Well Mr Alex Ferguson will be having fits of astronomical proportions at Old Trafford next season when we roll over them to our 19th title.

:lol:

Crustanoid

To be honest I'm indifferent to them since number 19. They just serve as an amusement, nothing else. Even when they beat us last year I wasn't that bothered as I knew we'd steam onto 19 eventually and they'd be scrabbling around for Europa league places again. With the mighty Andy Carroll and co, I can't seen much of a change this year, especially now Dalglish has been given a contract and doesn't have to try as hard anymore

Minkaro

They are still the enemy. Don't forget that
This.

Being one title better than them is not enough. We have to crush the vermin into insignificance. We cannot rest until Liverpool are but a footnote in the annals of footballing history. We must prove ourselves to be not only the most dominant team in England, but in the entire world!

Behind Barcelona, obviously.

Plan M

Scholesy said:
We have been humiliated in 2 Champion League finals with a team who we have a better defence than. If Ferguson had signed more attacking midfielders like Xavi and Iniesta, even if they were not as good as they were, we would have won even more playing very attractive football. I did not say it was frustrating to be a United fan but it has been frustrating that Ferguson had not seen the huge gap in midfield for a player like Silva, Modric, Iniesta...
ahahahahahaha you couldn't make it up! :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
To be fair to him we have been crying for an attacking midfielder for quite some time and Modric is definitely an option that has been brought up plenty of times on here.

Plan M

To be fair to him we have been crying for an attacking midfielder for quite some time and Modric is definitely an option that has been brought up plenty of times on here.
Yeah but who at United have said that there will be no more signings?!

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The best thing is he's talking about himself but genuinely hasn't got a clue that he's doing so. Nothing on that forum has ever managed to symbolise the meltdown quite like him.

Have any conversation with these (Some match going fans have their heads screwed on) 'fans' and all they are interested in are other clubs (Specially Liverpool and Manchester City). They would rather crow and boast than talk about football. Their sole aim is to try and wind up 'the opposition' which makes it funnier when you get someone that has never gone and never will go having a pop at actual fans of other teams that go to the games.
Never change, Andy.

Sonny Feehan

Their midfield isn't strong... but they still won the league fairly comfortabely in the end. I almost feel the way they play doesn't require a strong central midfield, even though that seems like it would be impossible. Gone are the Keane-Scholes days, now they just need their central midfield to keep them ticking over, such is the strength of their defence and wings. Logged

Some interestingly sensible ones

PTME

Reserve Team Player
Serious question here: Is this Andy guy for real or is it a gimmick account of a United fan on a WUM mission?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yeah but who at United have said that there will be no more signings?! SAF will buy a midfielder in this window, I'd put my house on it.
And I'll wager my phone since I don't have a house.

If I win I don't need the actual house. The equivalent of what it's worth in British sterling pound is good enough.

Plan M

Serious question here: Is this Andy guy for real or is it a gimmick account of a United fan on a WUM mission?
I used to think the same but he is actually for real it seems. He used to be a member at the Caf, back in the day. He was banned.

And I'll wager my phone since I don't have a house.

If I win I don't need the actual house. The equivalent of what it's worth in British sterling pound is good enough.
Go on then, I actually need a new phone :lol:

PTME

Reserve Team Player
I used to think the same but he is actually for real it seems. He used to be a member at the Caf, back in the day. He was banned.
I refuse to believe that such knobs do actually exist. What username did he use here in the Caf?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Go on then, I actually need a new phone :lol:
You'll be sorry. It's from 2006. Doesn't even have a camera!

But it is brand new in a sense.

PTME

Reserve Team Player
The same, Andy@Allerton.

That Ashley Young thread is getting interesting, poor old Scholesy is taking a battering :lol:
Scholsey is very obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Excal

He's just so poor at arguing his points. You can see he's trying to say something that's not all that crazy (it's not that Barca's defence was better than our defence, it's that Barca's midfield/attack were better than our defence,) but he's got no ability to present that argument coherently.

...and then he goes and says something like "(he doesn't) think Young is suited to playing centrally", and you realize he's just a thicko.

Plan M

Crikey, they get even more bitter by the year over there. The members that DO post sense seem to either get ignored or attacked.

I'd be interested in knowing who actually owns RAWK and why their forum reminds me of Nazi Germany.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
I must say reading their thread on Ashley Young i do find it highly amusing how just like they did with Phil Jones they pluck random figures out of their arse pass them off as fact and then seek to argue how we've overpaid for said player, it really is laughable stuff, where do they get this bizarre notion we've paid 20 million for Young from? SSN are reporting the deal around the 15 million mark which includes add ons etc as was the Guardian last night, the newspapers this morning has it the same and apparently a glazer spokesman on ESPN is even claiming the deal to be well below that (11 million), so where has 20 come from? much like with Phil Jones they are blindly inventing random figures to try and ease the pain of missing out on players they wanted and we've got so haha lets pretend they've paid money they actually haven't, idiots.

The irony of all this being this is a forum thats for months claimed we're skint and dont have a pot to piss in, now all of a sudden they to a man are adamant we're spending a combined 40 million plus on Ashley Young and Phil Jones! the best part about it being i doubt they even realise where the irony is there, and you can bet your bottom dollar in the coming days one of these geniuses will come out with the 'United are skint' mantra again.

RAWK the gift that just keeps on giving.

The Hairdryer

Technically this thread shouldn't have been started until the 1st of July.

Plan M

Regarding Ashley Young:

I've said before he reminds me in many ways of (an English) Ryan Babel. Lots of ability but possibly not quite the footballing brain to match.
:houllier: