RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Heard Brendan Rodgers this morning talking about 'The Liverpool Way' and how the supporters are so knowledgeable about football.

The conversion into a delusional idiot is commencing, perhaps this thread has more potential this season than 1st thought...

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Great start by Rodgers, exactly what's needed to manipulate that lot - he'll have them safely on side soon enough and be appearing on kop flags for years to come.

Good work Mr Rodgers.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I still want someone to explain how 'pass and move' football is a legitimate footballing philosophy. Not actually the basis of the entire game itself. I've heard 'I hope Rogers keeps Kenny's "pass and move" style' so many times since Dalglish was sacked.

Yeah cause it really worked for you last year..

Werder Herzog

Heard Brendan Rodgers this morning talking about 'The Liverpool Way' and how the supporters are so knowledgeable about football.

The conversion into a delusional idiot is commencing, perhaps this thread has more potential this season than 1st thought...
this year will be more fun than last becuase they have their hopes up. More so than under codface kenneth.

Flying Fox

I still want someone to explain how 'pass and move' football is a legitimate footballing philosophy. Not actually the basis of the entire game itself. I've heard 'I hope Rogers keeps Kenny's "pass and move and hit the woodwork" style' so many times since Dalglish was sacked.

Yeah cause it really worked for you last year..
efa

Crustanoid

The last 3 years or so have been gold with regards to laughing at Liverpool fans....Rafa's demise, Agent Woy's demolition assignment, KKKs unparalleled one man wrecking spree of the club's name....I can't see it continuing like this forever.

RedCanuck

Seems delusion is not exclusively limited to RAWK, this from Philip Kirkbride at the Echo:

Blood Red: What does the past week tell us about Liverpool FC target Gylfi Sigurdsson?

GILFYI SIGURDSSON: football mercenary or professional realist?
Liverpool FC appear to be losing the race to sign the 22-year-old Icelandic international after Tottenham Hotspur agreed to meet his high wage demands.
The Reds made him a generous offer but it seems he sees his future elsewhere.

At a club with no manager no less.

We were led to believe the prospect of joining up with Brendan Rodgers again was reward enough for Sigurdsson.
But maybe not.
So what does this tell us about the player?

That he cares more about money than what may be best for his career as a football?
Or is that the point?
His time as a paid footballer could be cut short at any time so why shouldn’t Sigurdsson earn as much money as he possibly can?

Of course, what Liverpool were offering was lucrative by anyone’s standards.
Being paid a five figure sum each week to play football is beyond the wildest dreams for most of us.
Maybe Sigurdsson should just have been grateful for what the Reds offered.

If he completes a move to Spurs it most certainly reaffirms the notion that Liverpool are no longer the draw they once were.
But by refusing to overpay for a player yet to prove himself, the Reds are showing steel and unity.

Rodgers and Liverpool want Sigurdsson – but not at any price.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
So a club with better players, better facilities, better ground, better city, higher league finish last season are offering him more money he's a mercenary.

That's real journalism.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
They offered him 15k per week. Same as Swansea was paying. He had more than that at Hoffenheim.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Maybe they've 'banned' non-members?

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
What if...it never comes back! :eek: All the pseudo-scousers in Dublin and Norway will be out roaming the streets banging on about poor Rafa to frightened normals.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Frogie strikes again.

Irwinwastheking

What if...it never comes back! :eek: All the pseudo-scousers in Dublin and Norway will be out roaming the streets banging on about poor Rafa to frightened normals.
If you're going to have a pop at OOT's you'd want to take a look at your own club and this forum which has more 'pseudo mancs' than anything else.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Carroll's link up play has looked world-class (his touch the other day for England was sexy)
World class nonsense. When this donkey does anything a normal footballer can do, it gets magnified into something amazing by this lot.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
While the media laud the virtues of the 4-2-3-1, they still mock the man they vilified for playing that ‘negative’ formation in England. While they gasp at Spain’s aggressive pressing, they still don’t understand that Benitez Liverpool were playing that way off the ball before Spain had even won a major tournament
Forgot that Benitez was coaching Liverpool in 1963.

Aged 3.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not so much RAWK, but still.

June 16 - Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews

Sigurdsson is a great signing, 22 years old, 18 appearances, 7 goals and 4 assists from midfield for Swansea last season.

15 minutes ago - Liverpool FC News ‏@LiverpooIFCNews

Glad the Sigurdsson saga is over now, he was hyped up for weeks but reality is 99% of us didn't know who he was before Swansea loan.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
This is just the sort of thing that was needed to kick off the RAWK delusion 2012/13.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Lol Irwin, someone said to me Etihad could have held 200k the night of the derby last season. I replied '160k of them would have been United fans though..' :lol:

Lol we need that flow chart back out with the Downing, Jones, Young signings. :lol: classic.

NoLogo

World class nonsense. When this donkey does anything a normal footballer can do, it gets magnified into something amazing by this lot.
Not to mention that 9/10 of his first touches land straight at the opponent defender. If I didn't know it better I would say his boots are made of cement, that's how heavy his touch sometimes look.

Irwinwastheking

Brendan Rodgers on Sigurdsson: "I knew what the market was & I wasn't prepared to pay anything over what I agreed to pay before." "I believed playing football will be most important to him but obviously it was important financially."

He really is playing up to the Kop delusion mentality.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Hodgson went another way than to join the hive mind and it destroyed him. Rodgers looks to have embraced the hive mind. Signs of frustrating times me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.